Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 87741 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 12:49:24 PM »
I don't dislike Katy Perry, but her name on a product isn't more likely to make me buy it either.  If previous stuff packs are any indication then this one should have some nice items in it, but if it is mainly geared towards performers I will probably pass on it.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »
I don't really think this is true! I think it is kind of out of character for EA! If anything I think it will be just a normal stuff pack with Katy Perry stuff like Showtime was kind of! So maybe Sweet Treats Stuff Pack with Katy Perry content as well as normal EA content. To me that makes much more sense and seems more like something EA would do!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 01:09:22 PM »
LazyGameReviews quoted with his Master Suite Stuff Review:

"And what's up with all the fancy expansions and stuff packs? I mean, we don't all want to live the big life. I want Lower Middle Class stuff, maybe Hungry Homeless Hobo stuff."

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 02:15:37 PM »

"And what's up with all the fancy expansions and stuff packs? I mean, we don't all want to live the big life. I want Lower Middle Class stuff, maybe Hungry Homeless Hobo stuff."

Herar, hear! I most enjoy playing sims who start with an empty house or plot of land. I find it rewarding as you slowly earn money and actually have to pick between buying a new shower that doesn't break all the time or a better bed so your sims don't need as much sleep.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 02:23:18 PM »
Herar, hear! I most enjoy playing sims who start with an empty house or plot of land. I find it rewarding as you slowly earn money and actually have to pick between buying a new shower that doesn't break all the time or a better bed so your sims don't need as much sleep.

Same! I used to make a household, choose a lot, and build a huge box filled with expensive objects with nearly 20K left of Simoleons. It wasn't much fun.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.

Leto85

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 02:28:01 PM »
I bet Russell Brand is going to be playing the sims for a while :p

I mean I can see the attraction, but I just don't like her singing. Quite why they had to do this at all beats me.

For why.

It's more often used in French Pour Quoi? Lit. For what?, that is, for what purpose are they using Katy Perry again.

I am sure that if there would come a Beethoven expansion you would preorder the second after EA announced it. ;)
Actually, I would buy it too now I think about it.

But guys, are you sure it is going to be a stuff pack and not a collection of items, clothing and hairstyles you can buy at the store? I have nothing against miss Perry, but a Store related pack I see happen sooner than a whole expansion.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
It seems like a smart business move for Perry and EA, as they'll both make gobs of money off the fans of either product whether we're all into it or not. If only they could have got Justin Bieber to team up for this, then I'd be super excited!  :-X Eh, Sims is a diversion from reality and putting a pop star in it as cheesy as many pop stars themselves. Katy Perry is a brand at the moment and Sims content should be timeless - she could be gone by the time they release some kind of Ultimate collection for Sims.  Also you never know when a celebrity is going to be involved in some kind of scandalous situation. She could pull a Mel Gibson or Lindsay Lohan.. you never know!

I definitely agree with bringing in more middle class stuff. We have had plenty of content for stars with LN and Showtime and any more will be overkill.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 02:43:24 PM »
It seems like a smart business move for Perry and EA, as they'll both make gobs of money off the fans of either product whether we're all into it or not. If only they could have got Justin Bieber to team up for this, then I'd be super excited!  :-X Eh, Sims is a diversion from reality and putting a pop star in it as cheesy as many pop stars themselves. Katy Perry is a brand at the moment and Sims content should be timeless - she could be gone by the time they release some kind of Ultimate collection for Sims.  Also you never know when a celebrity is going to be involved in some kind of scandalous situation. She could pull a Mel Gibson or Lindsay Lohan.. you never know!

I definitely agree with bringing in more middle class stuff. We have had plenty of content for stars with LN and Showtime and any more will be overkill.

I just hop you won't faint when Justin Burner hits the sims world as I know a lot of fans would. ;)
But about your point concerning the popularity of Katy Perry, maybe you know that the game Singstar has made a version for both Abba and The Beatles? Though I'm from a later generation I still love both groups but they don't belonging the pop music category these days. Eventuality I don't like to say that.
And in  The Sims 1 Superstar where both Marilyn Morou as well as Christina Aqiulera introduced as NPS. It's not unlickly EA would go this way eventually.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »

I love his reviews! I agree, whenever I play less rich sims I see all the things that they can afford that just don't seem like someone actual would/could buy for that cheap.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 03:12:40 PM »
I love his reviews! I agree, whenever I play less rich sims I see all the things that they can afford that just don't seem like someone actual would/could buy for that cheap.
Very true. I agree! Hobos are more fun to play with.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »
To be honest, I'm super excited about this SP, if it's real. I love anything Katy Perry, and would defiantly buy :)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »
Personally, I'm all for this. Katy Perry, has actually been a long time contribute to the Sims Series, and I think I read somewhere she actually has played Sims for years on her own time. I still wish there was a Charlie Sheen themed EP/SP in the works though.  ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 04:25:13 PM »
Something about KP's name being on it is putting me off.. I would have rather they just called it 'Sweet Treats'. Hmm.. Nevertheless, I'll be getting every SP so I suppose I'll be getting this too, if it's real. I would so have rathered a stuff pack based on celebrities in general, if they wanted to go down that route, then they could have got lots of different celebs involved in designing clothes and items. I'm not too big a fan of Katy Perry. Lady Gaga or Jessie J, please? :P Despite this, I think the stuff will be very cool-looking, Katy Perry is a stylish lady.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 04:30:06 PM »
Maybe it will have Katy Perry act as an NPC? That's my personal guess. Either that, or she'll record her Teenage Dream album in Simlish! Like I said, for those of you who played TS2, remember this isn't the first time she didn't contribute to the Sims Series. She actually has a song in Simlish, for the last expansion pack Apartment Life.

I do agree with Fez. I, too as much as I love Katy Perry, would be more happier with Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, or Charlie Sheen!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
Maybe it will have Katy Perry act as an NPC? That's my personal guess. Either that, or she'll record her Teenage Dream album in Simlish! Like I said, for those of you who played TS2, remember this isn't the first time she didn't contribute to the Sims Series. She actually has a song in Simlish, for the last expansion pack Apartment Life.

I do agree with Fez. I, too as much as I love Katy Perry, would be more happier with Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, or Charlie Sheen!

Oh no.. Please, no Nicki Minaj. :P

Nah, I genuinely just think EA would have done better with using multiple artists instead of focusing on Katy all the time, not everyone likes her and having a larger range would make it more likely that there'd be something there for everyone. I'd happily buy a stuff pack that Nicki Minaj worked on, as much as I hate her, if Lady Gaga was also involved! :P I'm pretty sure there'd be loads of celebs willing to work on the Sims franchise, considering it's popularity.