Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 87742 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 04:34:50 PM »
I agree Katy Perry is stylish, and this is definitely a smart move on EA's part. But the long-time fan of sims in me feels a little betrayed. I know it's just a stuff pack, but because it's just a stuff pack, I wish EA would pay more attention to what they know will sell to die-hard, crazy, life-consuming, loyal fans (you know, the ones who buy all EPs and SPs and have been playing for a decade--guilty as charged). Instead they give us half of what we want (a new SP) and use the other half (Katy Perry) to attract new people. It feels like EA just expects us loyals to buy whatever they put out just because we don't have it instead of trying to give us what we really, really want. Like mid-range items, or hungry, hungry hobo clothing.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
I agree Katy Perry is stylish, and this is definitely a smart move on EA's part. But the long-time fan of sims in me feels a little betrayed. I know it's just a stuff pack, but because it's just a stuff pack, I wish EA would pay more attention to what they know will sell to die-hard, crazy, life-consuming, loyal fans (you know, the ones who buy all EPs and SPs and have been playing for a decade--guilty as charged). Instead they give us half of what we want (a new SP) and use the other half (Katy Perry) to attract new people. It feels like EA just expects us loyals to buy whatever they put out just because we don't have it instead of trying to give us what we really, really want. Like mid-range items, or hungry, hungry hobo clothing.

Oh, good point Moons! A part of me also feels that EA just lobs stuff at us, knowing we'll buy it anyway for the sake of having the whole collection. I mean, how many people here are going to get this SP despite it not appearing very appealing? *Puts hand up*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »
Oh, good point Moons! A part of me also feels that EA just lobs stuff at us, knowing we'll buy it anyway for the sake of having the whole collection. I mean, how many people here are going to get this SP despite it not appearing very appealing? *Puts hand up*

Actually, because it has Katy Perry's name on it, I don't know if I'm going to immediately buy it. I generally like what EA puts out, but if they try to make it too much like Katy Perry with the wild, showy outfits and the outlandish furniture, I just don't think I'll be able to find a place for it in my game. We have enough of that kind of thing with Late Night and Showtime. I'm not going to judge just yet, but I do hope it stays very close to what EA normally does and just has Katy Perry's name on it.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
Actually, because it has Katy Perry's name on it, I don't know if I'm going to immediately buy it. I generally like what EA puts out, but if they try to make it too much like Katy Perry with the wild, showy outfits and the outlandish furniture, I just don't think I'll be able to find a place for it in my game. We have enough of that kind of thing with Late Night and Showtime. I'm not going to judge just yet, but I do hope it stays very close to what EA normally does and just has Katy Perry's name on it.

I'm guessing it'll be very quirky themed stuff, vibrant bright colours. Maybe fruity sort of themes, though that was featured in the KP version of Showtime and I wouldn't like to think that EA would be happy with releasing an SP that is just a follow-up of a previous EP.. And sorry for misunderstanding what you said. I still think what I said does apply though, in my case anyway. I'm the sort of person that likes a complete collection, lol. :P

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 04:54:05 PM »
Oh, I definitely like to have the complete set. That little faded icon is going to bug me if I don't get this SP lol. But I know what to expect from EA. I don't know what to expect when they start branding their stuff. I'm sure there will be enough screenshots and videos before it comes out for me to make my mind up, though.

Not that I have anything against Katy Perry. I personally love her songs and I think she has a very nice voice.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 04:58:57 PM »
I like Katy Perry too, she is a great singer and general celebirty. She doesn't seem as fake as a lot of the others. But it really seems like I'll have to consider getting this. Phreakindee is my favorite TS3 reviewer and I'll probably take his input on it and take a look at the items myself before actually buying.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »
I kind of like quirky themed stuff. Sims was never about a challenge, and working my way up anyways, for me. It was about using cheats and getting that nice stuff. (I'm one of the longtime Simmers, and I never fully let go of TS1 or TS2.) The silly frivolous items are very exciting to me naturally, as it goes with my personality. I understand why people playing as long as me would be iffy about this SP, but as much as I love my classics, I love new ideas and concepts in Sim add-ons.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 07:30:13 PM »
Technically Carl, Katy was a brand. ;) Now she's divorced, so, y'know. :P

Anywho, what I want to know is- when is the Lady Gaga EP/SP coming out?! I love, love, love, love Katy Perry, but I'm a huge Gaga fan. Though I don't know if her outifts would be considered T for Teen...

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 11:48:11 PM »
Anywho, what I want to know is- when is the Lady Gaga EP/SP coming out?! I love, love, love, love Katy Perry, but I'm a huge Gaga fan. Though I don't know if her outifts would be considered T for Teen...

Can you see our sims wearing a meat dress?!  All of the stray dogs in town would come running.   :o

Leto85

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2012, 03:32:15 AM »
Can you see our sims wearing a meat dress?!  All of the stray dogs in town would come running.   :o

Bahaha! Sure, why not? It will absolutely fit the teen rating anyway. :P
On second thought... Wasnt Lady GaGa the one who dresses herself in meat once?
Imagine meating a bunch of vegetarian people in a dark alley while wearing that. :(

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »

Haha, that would be too funny. :) And yes Leto, Gaga was the one who wore the meat dress.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »

I fully agree, as a fellow huge Gaga fan. I wish Lady Gaga had her own set of items. I think they'd be too hard to mesh on lower end PC's though. I'm still bummed EA didn't fulfill my request for Charlie Sheen items in TS3! Would anyone want Charlie Sheen content? I don't think anyone where I live would. (I'm from Detroit, remember?)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2012, 01:57:12 PM »
LazyGameReviews quoted with his Master Suite Stuff Review:

"And what's up with all the fancy expansions and stuff packs? I mean, we don't all want to live the big life. I want Lower Middle Class stuff, maybe Hungry Homeless Hobo stuff."

I'm with LGR! I want a slum living stuff pack. I love the patched couch in the TS3  store.

As always when I hear about something like this I'll wait and see. If it's just more stuff to enhance the performing part of Showtime I'll pass. It doesn't matter to me if KP is in the title or not. I didn't buy the KP Showtime edition, just not worth the money in my opinion. I'm getting tired of shiny, new, expensive toys,stuff and clothes for my Sims. Sometimes they are poor or even homeless. They need stuff too!

Offline Tuesday

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2012, 03:02:09 PM »
I guess we should be lobbying for a Tom Waits themed EP, then.  The kids probably wouldn't know who that is, but I'd buy it.   ;D

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 04:43:40 PM »
Another update from SimsVIP. Katy Perry Sweet Treats Pack has been listed elsewhere on the internet, and it's supposedly going to be $28.95. If that is the case, you can count me out unless I feel that they've included 45% more content than the usual SPs. I like Katy Perry, but I'm not going to pay an extra $9 bucks just because her name is on it.