Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 87737 times)

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »
It's not sounding interesting. If it's just random pieces of food transformed into furniture, there'll be no way I'll get it. I mean, how would that go well in a home ???
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Leto85

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2012, 07:42:50 PM »
Another update from SimsVIP. Katy Perry Sweet Treats Pack has been listed elsewhere on the internet, and it's supposedly going to be $28.95. If that is the case, you can count me out unless I feel that they've included 45% more content than the usual SPs. I like Katy Perry, but I'm not going to pay an extra $9 bucks just because her name is on it.

That price interests me. Not in my usual way of preordening it straight away, but I'm interested in getting to know why this expansion will be that expansive. What will we get for our money?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2012, 08:08:42 PM »
That price interests me. Not in my usual way of preordening it straight away, but I'm interested in getting to know why this expansion will be that expansive. What will we get for our money?

The KP Showtime version was 10.00 more than the regular limited edition. It's possible it's just another SP with the Katy Perry name on it. Master Suite was 19.99 here in the US, add 10.00 and you'd get 29.99.  Very close price range.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2012, 08:12:48 PM »
Another update from SimsVIP. Katy Perry Sweet Treats Pack has been listed elsewhere on the internet, and it's supposedly going to be $28.95. If that is the case, you can count me out unless I feel that they've included 45% more content than the usual SPs. I like Katy Perry, but I'm not going to pay an extra $9 bucks just because her name is on it.

I highly bet that it's another "ONLY 60 Items included!" SP. Anyway, my theory on why the creators chose KP again is for sales/publicity boost. They, also quoted by LazyGameReviews, "needed to 'borrow' more 'lunch money' from us.". I'd die of happiness for an Alternative Genre SP.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 02:16:41 AM »
I fully agree, as a fellow huge Gaga fan. I wish Lady Gaga had her own set of items. I think they'd be too hard to mesh on lower end PC's though. I'm still bummed EA didn't fulfill my request for Charlie Sheen items in TS3! Would anyone want Charlie Sheen content? I don't think anyone where I live would. (I'm from Detroit, remember?)

Lady Gaga is too much for just a simple SP. She needs her own EP. It would probably be hard on the computer, especially people like me who run the game below specs (still well, mind you! :D) As for Charlie Sheen... not so much, sorry. :)

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2012, 05:19:58 AM »
I'm disappointed. I hoped that EA would go out of their routine and make three expansion packs and three stuff packs this year since Showtime and Master Suite Stuff were released so soon, but I guess not. I realise that not all hope is lost but at this point in time it's kind of saddening that we'll have to wait and anticipate a seasons expansion pack even longer.

That said, to get my sims weather fix I'm going to reinstall Sims 2 along with Seasons. ;D

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2012, 11:21:08 AM »
Now it's gotten to Yahoo news.

It's mostly about Showtime, but this was at the very end:
"Perry was also secretive about a new song she was to record following our interview at the Four Seasons hotel in Beverly Hills, but strongly hinted it was for another collaboration with The Sims that will allow you to turn your world into 'Candy-fornia,' teases Perry."

More candy furniture? No thank you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »
Candy-fornia? The stuff better be drop dead amazing for that horrible price. I'm usually not so sceptical when so little info has been released, but I'm not feeling much hope for this.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2012, 03:35:16 PM »
Come on guys! I like the candy features and themed items! (Okay, not exactly the appropriate reaction for a 22 year old) But, still! It could really add to the building contests, and most importantly, appropriate furniture for the Sheen and Doll households in Union Cove!

As I said before, Katy Perry in Sims is not exactly new, or surprising to me, neither is a stuff pack dedicated specifically to a famous person, place or thing. Katy has a Sims 2 version of her Simself, as well as Sims Maciminia (mods, if you want to edit the spelling of that word go ahead!), with her hit song "Hot N Cold" entirely in Simlish. The "Katy Perry" theme is no different than the H&M and Ikea stuff pack either. I understand why you are all skeptical about this stuff pack, but I honestly believe that this stuff pack deserves a fair chance, and it will add more life to building contests, Dynasty houses/Lots, Swap Shop editions and even Insane and/or Childish Sims.

I'm pretty sure my childish trait has something to do with why I'm looking forward to the new items in this stuff pack, or the fact that I like sweets and candy in general, but either way, I don't think we should look at it as "Eww, Katy Perry..." and look further into this stuff pack. I'm sure, just like any other expansion pack, and Stuff pack, we were all skeptical about, and thinking "eh...I don't think I'm gonna buy this..." we will end up buying, and liking this SP!  :)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2012, 03:55:58 PM »
I don't have anything against Katy Perry, but I can't see myself using the fruity items in my builds. I like themed rooms, but I've had no desire to use the food furniture from Showtime, even in a child's room. I would be okay if the items from this SP could be used as props, though. I think that would be fun. :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2012, 04:04:22 PM »
I understand why you are all skeptical about this stuff pack, but I honestly believe that this stuff pack deserves a fair chance, and it will add more life to building contests, Dynasty houses/Lots, Swap Shop editions and even Insane and/or Childish Sims.

Who says we won't give it a fair chance. I don't remember seeing anyone saying 'I'm definitely not getting it', so far all I've seen is people wondering what will be in it because so far the name and price seem odd for a Stuff Pack. As for buying it for the sake of it - I won't be. I'd maybe risk it on an EP but on a SP? No way.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2012, 04:25:39 PM »
@Samoht - She may be reading my mind. I'm not giving it a chance merely for financial reasons. I'm poor and honestly the contents and the theme doesn't appeal to me. It doesn't make it wrong or anything. It's designed to appeal to a different audience.

Leto85

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2012, 04:35:57 PM »
Apparently there are enough simmers who share the same music taste. I am not familiar with Katy Perry at all, so you won't hear me saying anything bad about her, not anything good, but Apperently for EA this is the market to go.
Their biggest audience when it comes to sims are teenage girls after all, so seeing it from that point I think they have mad a smart decision.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »
I'm not actually sure that it was a smart decision. I know a lot of teenagers, considering I'll be one in May, and I haven't met any other girl who plays sims, at least at my school. Plus, just because they see the Katy Perry doesn't mean they'll want to spend money on that and on the base game.  Also, Katy Perry isn't as big now as she was last summer or even a couple of months ago. If EA had done all this stuff about her then, then it would probably sell better.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2012, 05:30:07 PM »
No. Just no. This is a lie! It can't be Katy!! NOOO!! *jumps through glass window*

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

anything