Author Topic: Mac Users and Showtime  (Read 1725 times)

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
Mac Users and Showtime
« on: March 12, 2012, 06:59:16 PM »
Mods: Feel free to move this. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Anyone here run a Mac and have bought Showtime? How does it run? I'm immensely curious and want the expansion. However, after my Generations fiasco last year I am afraid to buy it. I've read some on the official forums. I'm having issues on finding a clear answer on bugs, is it working, etc.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Mac Users and Showtime
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:55:29 PM »
I moved the thread to the Showtime board, Nicky.

As to your question, so far so good. (knocks on wood) I'm a Mac user and installed Showtime last week as well as patched up, so hopefully the good times will continue.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »
That helps. Since Generations it seems we Mac users close our eyes throw a dart out and hope it doesn't trash everything. Maybe come payday I'll try it. I have a MBP in that trouble set list. My graphics card went off the supported list then reappeared with Pets.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »
I use a Mac and I have Showtime but I am the most boring player ever and haven't really tried out anything Showtime-ish apart from the chin-up bar. ;D  It installed fine and my pre-Showtime saved game worked and I haven't noticed any particular slowdown in my game.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 04:55:06 PM »
Well mainly it isn't the features of the EP that has me worried. Last year this time Generations was released. I did everything right uninstalled all mods and CC. Well I went into my game and it rained (literally) asteroids and crashed every two seconds. Then it wouldn't even load. I'm hesitant because I don't want a repeat of all that.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:28:45 PM »
No, I haven't seen anything like that.  :o   I don't play in EA worlds though so I think I miss a lot of the drama.  My game is much the same as ever.  I have even noticed a couple of things that may be changes for the better.  I haven't got a single doll for any of the four children my sim has had (yay!) and the postman delivers the cut gems at the same time he picks them up.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 10:19:31 PM »
I bought it. It's installing now. Wish me luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything