Author Topic: Work time is stuck.  (Read 3419 times)

Fyre2387

Work time is stuck.
« on: March 20, 2012, 04:12:57 PM »
OK, bit of a complex series of events, so bare with me. First, I'm running vanilla Sims 3, no expansions or whatnot. Now, a few days ago I had a glitch were  a sim in the medical track was called into work in the middle of night and, on loading a save, disappeared. I ended up doing some moving to get her back. That worked fine, she even had her baby (she was pregnant when she disappeared). Now, however, her job settings are messed up somehow. First, the job panel always says work is in one hour. If I click "go to work", she goes in and works until 4:30am, regardless of what time it is. In addition, when the carpool shows up and 8:00am as normal, she goes in, but again, works until 4:30.

Now, here where it gets interesting. As an experiment, I (after backing up my save!) used "testingcheatsenabled" to change her job with the mailbox. If I give her a job in any other track, the time sets correctly, but any job in the medical track sets to the glitched schedule, even if she quits and I reset it. I also tried setting another sim to the medical track, and his schedule was correct. Any thoughts on how I might fix this?

Leto85

Re: Work time is stuck.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:08:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum. :)
I think this course of this problem can either be your Sim or the hospital. You can test this out by quiting your Sim the job, than in Edit Town backup the hospital to the bin, bulldozing the original, placing the backup where the original was and let your Sim rejoin the career. Problem solved? Than it was probably ths building trickering this glitch.

But if that doesn't work you can backup your Sim to the bin and do the same thing. If that works, the problem was your Sim and is now solved.

If both solutions don't seem to work the problem doesn't have to be your Sim not the building but the connection between both.
What you can do than is even more drastic: sending both the building and your Sim to the bin and replacing the original.

Still doesn't work? Than perhaps the problem lies in the whole town and your better be of loading your Sim in another.

Good luck with this. I'm afraid you will be busy soon with testing for a little while.
Drink coffee. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Fyre2387

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:51:55 PM »
Copying the household, bulldozing, and replacing it worked! Thanks a lot.

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:29:08 AM »
Great! I'm glad to read that. :)