Author Topic: Guitar challenge questions  (Read 3342 times)

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
Guitar challenge questions
« on: March 31, 2012, 01:15:42 PM »
....not sure if this belongs 'here' or not. I suppose we will see  ;)

My Sim has a band. He's sticking strictly to the guitar skill only as (from reading the thread on that career) you need 10 opportunities to get the 'guitar star' achievement.

My question(s) is about the other 2 challenges. He's lvl 10, has earned 50K+ simoleons but...only has 86% of the songs learned (all the store bought books). The challenge says once you've learned all the songs you get a new master track. Where, when and how would he get "all the songs" and the last 14%? And are those opportunities what really allow the 'guitar star' achievement still, or has that changed with any EP/patch up to Generations? Thanks.

Leto85

Re: Guitar challenge questions
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 01:26:15 PM »
Ah, the old pain-in-the-you-know-where guitar challenge. Totally bucked, sorry to say. The description doesn't say at all what you need do do. Parties doesn't matter. What you need to do is much more difficult. You need to get and fulfilled ten difference challenges related to the guitar skill. And when they will appear is totally random.
For the 85% music rating: that is strange. When the time arrived my Sim hit level ten in the guitar skill he has learned all the songs.
But I believe there were other challenges that provided you with another master track, once you've completed them. I'm not entirely sure.
I hope this helped. :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum of course.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 01:48:49 PM »
Try performing all the songs available when you click on the guitar. If you do them at least once, that should work. Also, that will raise the amount you get for tips.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »
Try performing all the songs available when you click on the guitar. If you do them at least once, that should work. Also, that will raise the amount you get for tips.

You can play the song and than immediatly cancel the opperation. You get more money that way. :)
My sim get 20.000 now, in subways.

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 01:25:57 PM »
Thanks Leto...been here for a while, just don't post much   ;)

That's what I figured with the guitar challenge. The opportunities are frustrating, as are the 'opps' for bands. Random should be raised above the 50% level I think it's at.

I can try playing all the songs. I'll see what happens. I just don't like it because there's no challenge to the game any longer. Making 20K a pop from playing a guitar in a subway, for me it loses a lot when there's nothing much to strive for any longer. So, I don't like to do that as a rule.

I do know you get an 'opp' at the bookstore which says you'll gain a new master track once completed. No idea if that happened. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I do appreciate it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 11:38:48 PM »
This doesn't really have anything to do with Ambitions, so I'm moving it to the skills board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »
Ah, the old pain-in-the-you-know-where guitar challenge. Totally bucked, sorry to say. The description doesn't say at all what you need do do. Parties doesn't matter. What you need to do is much more difficult. You need to get and fulfilled ten difference challenges related to the guitar skill. And when they will appear is totally random.

there's a way to complete this challenge (using cheat, of course). Just type in "testingcheatsenabled true" without quote, get your sim a job in the Culinary Career, go to Map View, Shift + click on your work place, select Force Opportynity, and chose the one that have the "Perform music at..." or some thing like that. With 10 times, you'll complete it.

P.s: I only used this method for Guitar challenge, not sure if it works for Piano, Bass or Drums. Hope this help.
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
there's a way to complete this challenge (using cheat, of course). Just type in "testingcheatsenabled true" without quote, get your sim a job in the Culinary Career, go to Map View, Shift + click on your work place, select Force Opportynity, and chose the one that have the "Perform music at..." or some thing like that. With 10 times, you'll complete it.

P.s: I only used this method for Guitar challenge, not sure if it works for Piano, Bass or Drums. Hope this help.

Have you tested this yourself? Because last time I tried this it didnt work. That was months ago. Perhaps some patch has changed that in the meantime though.

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »
OK. So I have a little test for myself on the newest patch (1.33). And it did work (Level 2 Culinary). The only thing that you need to do is get a job at the Bistro, not the one that have stage outside (If i'm not wrong, it called the Coffeehouse that came with Showtime EP) and then spam the oppotunity named "A Sweet Jam" and/or "Appetizing Music". You can have 2 opps per day (before time runs out), so 5 days is enought for that challenge.

Take a look at this:
Before:

After:
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

AdnaanA

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »
It increased?

Just use this solution and it should work.