The Sims 4 Cheats
Full List of Commands for PC/Mac, Xbox and Playstation 4
This is a huge, curated list of cheats in The Sims 4 that allow you to get money, prevent death, and adjust your Skill and Career levels. We've also listed cheats for Get to Work and other Expansion Packs. Look to the bottom of the list for expansion-specific information. We're also updated with more official cheats from EA, including ignore career unlocks and MoveObjects!
How to Cheat
To use cheats, press Control + Shift + C to toggle the console on and off. You do this on Xbox or Playstation by pressing all four shoulder buttons simultaneously. Press enter after typing the cheat. For many cheats, you must also use testingcheats on or they will not work. Most cheats are used in live mode (F2).
Sims 4 Cheats
|Cheat||What it Does|
|testingcheats on||Enables testing cheats in The Sims 4|
|kaching||Money cheat that gives the family $1000|
|motherlode||Gives the family $50,000 Simoleans|
|resetsim firstname lastname||Resets a stuck Sim.|
|death.toggle true/false||Disables death|
|headlineeffects on/off||Enables or disables headline effects (good for screenshots).|
|freerealestate on/off||Makes homes free when typed while shopping for a house.|
|household.autopay_bills true/false||Enable or disable bills for the household|
|fps on/off||Display the game's frames per second, useful when tuning graphics settings.|
|hovereffects on/off||Disable hover effect when you mouse-over a Sim|
|fullscreen||Toggle fullscreen/windowed mode|
|bb.showliveeditobjects||Released in the July 2019 Cas Story Mode Patch. You must first use TestingCheats on then bb.ShowHiddenObjects and finally bb.ShowLiveEditObjects for this cheat to work! Disable with bb.ShowLiveEditObjects False.|
|bb.moveobjects||Allows you to move objects anywhere you want, good for building. Use the 9 and 0 keys to adjust the item you're 'holding'.|
|bb.showhiddenobjects||The old buydebug cheat - lets you buy many hidden objects.|
|bb.enablefreebuild||Build anywhere, even on locked lots.|
|bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement||Ignore Gameplay Unlocks Entitlement - lets you buy items locked by careers.|
|sims.give_satisfaction_points x||Gives a Sim x amount of satisfaction points with which you can buy rewards. Sims.give_satisfaction_points 5000 for example.|
|fillmotive x||use fillmotive motive_energy or fillmotive motive_hunger|
Build Mode Cheats
We've got build mode cheats listed above, but you can learn a lot more about using them by visiting the Building Cheats page.
Pregnancy and Multiple Birth Cheats
You can use relationship cheats to Try for Baby quickly, and follow up with a cheat once the Sim is pregnant in order to force the Sim into labor. You can also cheat to get twins, triplets, quadruplets, or more! Find this near the end of the Pregnancy Guide or to get pregnancy cheats specifically, I've made a page about how to use Pregnancy Cheats which includes a video example.
Cheats to Make a Sim a Ghost
Head to the Ghosts guide for Cheats to turn a Sim into a ghost of any kind, based on the death type. You can also skip Ambrosia or the Book of Life and make a Sim who's died back into a normal Sim by removing this ghost trait once they've been added back to your family.
My Sims 4 Cheats video will introduce you to cheating, give you a rundown of the most common commands and some tips on using them. Includes info on getting weather cheats for Seasons players.
To enable TestingCheats, open the console with Left CTRL+Shift+C (press/hold with one fluid motion in that order) or by pressing all four shoulder buttons on console. Once the white box appears, type testingcheats on. To disable testing cheat, type testingcheats off. The cheat console will say, "Cheats Enabled" or "Disabled". If it does not, you can try other options: testingcheats 1, testingcheats true, and testingcheats yes all work to enable the Sims 4's testingcheats. Once enabled, they should stay on for your save. Here are the things you can do with testingcheats - note that this command is also necessary for the extra cheats further down.
How to Use Shift-click Style Cheats on PS4/Xbox Consoles - Shift clicking on Xbox One and Playstation 4 is obviously not possible. You enable this option by pressing X+O (PS4) or A+B (Xbox One).
Shift-Click the Mailbox to access the cheat to stop a Sim's need decay for your current household or the entire neighborhood (effectively make everyone happy). Disable Need Decay will make needs stop falling and re-enabling them is as simple as selecting "Enable Need Decay". Make Happy will then fill needs to the maximum. You can do this on an individual Sim level by Shift-Clicking Your Sims. This will let you select to make only that Sim's needs static or make them happy by filling all needs. You are also able to completely redesign a Sim by shift-clicking them and selecting Modify in CAS. This takes you to Create-A-Sim where you can make the Sim look however you want, but not change their gender or traits.
Change Traits and Appearance of Sims
To fully edit a Sim in Create-a-Sim, type cas.fulleditmode with Testing Cheats On. This will let you change the gender, traits, everything, and is much more powerful than the scaled down version you get without typing this cheat. Thanks Pokeh321 for giving me this information.
Shift-Clicking NPC Sims will allow you to add them to your household. You will find it's possible to enable/disable need decay and make them happy if you so choose - good if your Sim's date has to leave due to being tired! You can also Edit them in CAS if you like.
Shift-Clicking the Ground will allow you to Teleport anywhere you could walk in the neighborhood. Shift-Clicking Objects allows you to reset them, should something get stuck or broken.
Shift-Clicking Objects, for those that can get dirty, allows you to either make them dirty or clean - all objects can be reset, as well. Use this if an object is bugged, but it's more likely to be useful when a Sim freezes.
Customize the size of Items - Enlarge or Shrink - For decorative purposes, this one is a winner. It allows you to alter items while retaining their other properties (so a masterpiece painting shrunk down will consume less wall space). This cheat only works while in build mode, as changing object size requires you to be able to fit it somewhere. Take the object you want to change size of and Press Shift + ] (right bracket) to make it bigger. You can shrink objects down to one tile by using Shift + [ or using Control + Z to undo your changes. Press this too much and it will grow enormously. The controls for this are a little wonky, so experimentation is recommended. I press control + ] then move the object to see the change. This is necessary. Thankfully, if you go overboard like in the picture above you can always undo it and shrink the object down to a size you like.
Skill, Career, and Aspiration Cheats
Powerful Hidden Cheats
I am only listing the most common cheats here. More in-depth stuff, such as the ability to Equip and Remove Traits can be done but the list is too lengthy for here, so that is on its own page. If you want to go further and use a mod, you can change the weather if you're a Seasons player, and even alter whether a Sim is pregnant.
Money X - Type Money 50000 or 1000000, whatever you like, and your family will have that amount exactly. This can be used to subtract funds, because it sets the money to whatever amount you specify. Motherlode is a wonderful cheat, but somewhat outdated given this powerful function.
Satisfaction/Aspiration Cheats - Type Aspirations.Complete_Current_Milestone and you will get all the satisfaction from completing that milestone and move on to the next, one stage closer to the special Reward Trait you get for completing the Aspiration. You can do this repeatedly until you have every Reward trait and gobs of satisfaction. It's listed above but bears repeating here: Sims.Give_Satisfaction_Points gives the selected Sim an amount of satisfaction equal to what you enter. sims.give_satisfaction_points 50000 would give you 50,000 (so do not use commas).
Infinite Consumables - One-time use potions can be bought with satisfaction. You may also milk Cow Plants that have killed Sims to get a potion that increases a Sim's lifespan. You can make these consumables infinite by using the objects.consumables_infinite_toggle Cheat. This can allow you to always get a particular Emotion, or make a Sim immortal with aging still on.
10 Million Views! My YouTube channel has grown a lot the last 6 months. I now have over 125 videos on Youtube and am nearing 100k subscribers. I'd like to invite people to check out my content and, if you like what I'm doing, subscribe!
To cheat career levels, join the Career you want and with testingcheats enabled, type Careers.promote X - for example careers.promote astronaut would promote your Sim to the next level in the Astronaut career. Any Careers that have multiple words should contain no spaces, for example careers.promote secretagent.
careers.demote X also works, causing a Sim to go back a level. You cannot use this to go back to the branch choice for a career - if you're at the first level of a branch, you'll be fired using this. If you don't know which branch you want, check out the linked Career guides to see the benefits and pay of each. The Careers Guide also has a table to compare careers.
Adding and Removing Cheats via Command
Careers can be added via command using careers.add_career careercode or careers.remove_career careercode. These can evidently be used to give a teenager an adult job, though things can bug out - especially with Freelancer Careers. Always back up your saved game before trying weird things!
If you are not aware, you'll love this trick: to quickly get multiple promotions, copy the command below for the career you're in - just the careers.promote x part - and paste it into the game's command line with Control - V (Command-V on Mac). Paste it until you're level 10!
- careers.promote actor Actor/Actress Career (Get Famous Expansion)
- careers.promote astronaut Astronaut Career
- careers.promote athletic Athlete Career
- careers.promote business Business Career
- careers.promote civildesigner - Civil Designer Career (Eco Lifestyle)
- careers.promote conservationist Conservationist Career (Island Living Expansion)
- careers.promote criminal Criminal Career
- careers.promote adult_critic Critic Career (City Living Expansion)
- careers.promote culinary Culinary Career
- careers.promote detective Detective Career (Get to Work Expansion)
- careers.promote doctor Doctor Career (Get to Work Expansion)
- careers.promote education Education Career (Discover University)
- careers.promote engineer Engineer Career (Discover University)
- careers.promote entertainer Entertainer Career
- careers.promote adult_freelancer_artist try also adult_freelancer_agency_artist (this one doesn't work for me, the first does) Freelance Artist
- careers.promote adult_freelancer_agency_maker - Freelance Maker (Eco Lifestyle)
- careers.promote adult_freelancer_agency_programmer Freelance Programmer
- careers.promote adult_freelancer_agency_writer Freelance Writer
- careers.promote adult_gardener Gardener Career (Seasons Expansion)
- careers.promote law Law Career (Discover University)
- careers.promote military Military Career StrangerVille
- careers.promote painter Painter Career
- careers.promote activist Politics Career (City Living Expansion)
- careers.promote corporateworker Salaryperson Career (Snowy Escape
- careers.promote adult_active_scientist Scientist Career (Get to Work Expansion)**
- careers.promote scout Scout (Children/Teens) (Seasons Expansion)
- careers.promote secretagent Secret Agent Career
- careers.promote socialmedia Social Media Career (City Living Expansion)
- careers.promote styleinfluencer Style Influencer Career (from free patch in November 2018)
- careers.promote techguru Tech Guru Career
- careers.promote adult_writer Writer Career
** may be just careers.promote scientist without Strangerville.
Raise a Sim's grades with careers.promote gradeschool or careers.promote highschool. You can lower them as well with careers.demote gradeschool/highschool.
Stats.Set_Skill_Level is the skill cheat. You must put a skill and level in the code. As an example, type Stats.set_skill_level major_painting 7 to set painting to level 7 - any level between 1 and 10 will work. Replace with major_parenting or vampire_lore, based on how the game defines skills which are listed below. Note the different syntax for fitness, minor skills, and children's skills. If you cannot get skill cheats to work try stats.set_skill_level adultmajor_x instead of just 'major'. You can find _ near the backspace key on your keyboard.
With testingcheats on, type Stats.set_skill_level major_handiness 10 - make handiness 10. Note the Major_ before the skill name. If you did this, you'd see the level 10 popup. If you want to see what unlocks with each level, read the linked guide or adjust it by 1 each time so that you can see information on each new level. Here are all the skills in Sims 4, which you can cheat to max. Beside each, there's a link to the associated Skill Guide so that you can learn how to use it!
To max all skills quickly, copy stats.set_skill_level major_ and paste it into your command console in-game. Finish the command with the skill, then the level. This doesn't work for fitness so you need to copy that line. Remember Photography caps at 5.
- Skill_Bowling - stats.set_skill_level skill_bowling 5 (minor skill with 5 levels)
- Skill_Dogtraining - stats.set_skill_level skill_dogtraining 5 (minor with 5 levels, Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack)
- Skill_Fitness - stats.set_skill_level skill_fitness x (1-10, major skill) (Fitness Guide)
- Major_Acting stats.set_skill_level major_acting x - Acting Skill (Get Famous Expansion)
- Major_Archaeology stats.set_skill_level major_archaeology x - Archaeology Skill (Jungle Adventure)
- Major_Baking - stats.set_skill_level major_baking x Get to Work Expansion (Baking Guide)
- Major_Bartending - that is, the Mixology Skill (Mixology Guide)
- Major_Charisma - (Charisma Guide)
- Major_Comedy - (Comedy Guide)
- Minor_Dancing - Get Together Expansion (may not work on Teenage Sims)
- Major_DJMixing - Get Together (may not work on Teenage Sims)
- Major_Fabrication - Fabrication (Eco Lifestyle)
- Major_Fishing - (Fishing Guide)
- Major_Flowerarranging - (Flower Arranging Guide) (Seasons)
- Major_Gardening - (Gardening Guide)
- Major_GourmetCooking - (Gourmet Cooking Guide)
- Major_Guitar - (Guitar Guide)
- Major_Handiness (Handiness Guide)
- Major_Herbalism - Outdoor Retreat Expansion (Herbalism Guide)
- Major_HomestyleCooking - Regular Cooking (Homestyle Cooking Guide)
- Minor_Juicefizzing - Juice Fizzing (Eco Lifestyle)
- Adultminor_localculture - Selvadoradian Local Culture Skill (Jungle Adventure)
- Major_Logic - (Logic Guide)
- Minor_MediaProduction - (Media Production has 5 levels) (Get Famous Expansion)
- Major_Mischief - (Mischief Guide)
- Major_Painting - (Painting Guide)
- Major_Parenting - (Parenting Skill) (Parenthood Game Pack)
- Major_Photography - Max 5, Get to Work (Photography Guide)
- Major_Piano - (Piano Guide)
- Major_PipeOrgan - (Vampires)
- Major_Programming - (Programming Guide)
- Major_Reaping - not really a thing, but it's there.
- Major_ResearchDebate - Research and Debate Skill (Discover University)
- Major_Robotics - Robotics Skill (Discover University)
- Major_RockClimbing - Rock Climbing (Snowy Escape)
- Major_RocketScience - (Rocket Science Guide)
- Major_Singing - (Singing) (City Living Expansion)
- Major_Skiing - Skiing Skill (Snowy Escape)
- Major_Snowboarding - Snowboarding (Snowy Escape)
- Vampire Lore - This cheat is stats.set_skill_level Vampirelore 0-15 (Vampire Lore Guide)
- Major_Veterinarian - (Cats and Dogs Expansion) (Veterinarian Guide)
- Major_VideoGaming - (Video Gaming Guide)
- Major_Violin - (Violin Guide)
- Major_Wellness - Spa day Game Pack (Wellness Guide)
- Major_Writing - (Writing Guide)
Toddler Skill Cheats
We have a Toddler Guide where you can learn about the Toddler Skills. These cap at 5, though potty is maxed at level 3.
All skill cheats begin with stats.set_skill_level see full cheat on communication skill example below
- Statistic_Skill_Toddler_Communication X - So type:
stats.set_skill_level statistic_skill_toddler_communication 5
- Statistic_skill_toddler_imagination X
- Statistic_skill_toddler_movement X
- Statistic_skill_toddler_potty X - Caps at 3!
- Statistic_skill_toddler_thinking X
Children's Skill Cheats
- Skill_Child_Creativity - so stats.set_skill_level skill_child_creativity 10
This requires TwistedMexi's AllCheats but is something people frequently want to do so I'm listing it here. You can influence Emotions slightly by adding buffs to Sims, though you may need happy or other boosts to put them at 'Very Inspired' or add more negative buffs to make a Sim super-embarrassed (Mortified). Here are some I took from TwistedMexi's wiki which I'm using with his permission. Use Sims.add_buff X, for example Sims.add_buff social_happy:
- Energized: EnergizedLow or EnergizedHigh (do not stack, high gives +2 Energized)
- Flirty: FlirtyLow or FlirtyHigh (do not stack, high gives +2 Flirty)
- Inspired: InspiredLow or InspiredHigh (do not stack, high gives +2 Inspired)
- Focused: FocusedLow or FocusedHigh (do not stack, high gives +2 Focused)
- Playful: PlayfulLow or PlayfulHigh (do not stack, high gives +2 Playful)
- Sad: SadLow or SadHigh (do not stack, high gives +2)
- Angry: Social_Angry, e_Buff_Angry, feelingangry, unfaithful (these all stack)
- Happy: Social_Happy or e_Buff_Happy (these two stack, adding Happiness)
- Uncomfortable: e_buff_uncomfortable
- Embarrassed: e_buff_embarrassed, peedself (these two stack)
Trait, Reward & Aspiration Reward Cheats
Traits can be equipped to Sims, as well as Satisfaction Point Rewards and those you earn for completing Aspirations. The cheat to add/remove them is Traits.equip_trait X or Traits.Remove_trait X. Nearly all Trait Cheats can be found here. Most are simply the name of the trait, but it's not always the case. For example, there are:
- Traits.equip_trait Active - the regular trait, active
- Traits.equip_trait Antiseptic - Hygiene decays at half rate (Reward)
- Traits.equip_trait EpicPoet - If you're looking for Poetic to make the Book of Life, this is one that is named oddly
- Traits.equip_trait Hardlyhungry - Hunger decays at half rate
- Traits.equip_trait Independent - Social decays at half rate
- Traits.equip_trait Neverweary - Never Weary, which makes Energy deplete at half the usual rate.
- Traits.equip_trait SteelBladder - Bladder won't decay
- Traits.equip_trait Webmaster - Webmaster Reward trait for completion of the Computer Whiz Aspiration
- Huge List of Traits - For a near-complete list of traits Sims can obtain, see my Trait Cheats List which includes reward, bonus, and personality traits all in one spot.
You can modify Sims' relationships by using the somewhat long modifyrelationship yoursimfirst yoursimlast targetsimfirst targetsimlast x relationshiptype. Relationshiptype is either LTR_Friendship_main or LTR_Romance_Main. With Cats and Dogs, you use LTR_SimtoPet_Friendship_Main, which won't work if the pet has no last name. X is the percentage of the bar, either full, half, or half into the red (negative numbers). While there are many different relationship names, these are simply combinations of varying amounts of friendship/romance (either positive or negative). Learn more about Romance in The Sims 4 here.
- modifyrelationship Bella Goth Mortimer Goth 100 LTR_Friendship_main - Bella and Mortimer are now best friends
- modifyrelationship Bella Goth Fluffy Goth 100 LTR_SimtoPet_Friendship_main - Make Bella friends with her pet if playing Cats and Dogs.
- modifyrelationship Bella Goth Mortimer Goth -100 LTR_Friendship_main - this will make Bella and Mortifer go all the way to enemies
- modifyrelationship Bella Goth Mortimer Goth 100 LTR_Romance_main - They're now soulmates if they have a high friendship level as well
- modifyrelationship Bella Goth Mortimer Goth -100 LTR_Romance_main - Drain their romance bar all the way to red
Get to Work Cheats
The following are, again, provided by TwistedMexi who kindly took the time to find these cheats hidden within the game engine. Here are the most requested cheats from this Expansion. The others are spread about, such as in the careers and skills sections above. You can learn about Get to Work here.
Alien abductions are a thing in Get to Work, and I've made a page about the cheats (or honest means) of getting a Sim abducted to get an Alien baby.
Retail Perk Cheats
Be sure to include the true at the end of these cheats in order to unlock the associated perk. This makes perk point cheats unnecessary, though it does require a bit more typing.
Unlock Retail Perks
|Register of Tomorrow||bucks.unlock_perk RegisterMimic true|
|Stunning Sign||bucks.unlock_perk SignageMimic true|
|Provocative Pedestal||bucks.unlock_perk PedestalMimic true|
|Extra Worker Slot 1||bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalWorker_1 true|
|Extra Worker Slot 2||bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalWorker_2 true|
|Serious Shopper||bucks.unlock_perk CustomerPurchaseIntent true|
|MegaManager||bucks.unlock_perk ImproveManagementSocials true|
|Slick Salesman||bucks.unlock_perk ImproveRetailSocials true|
|Superfluous Surplus||bucks.unlock_perk DecreaseRestocking_Temporary true|
|Cheaper Restocking||bucks.unlock_perk DescreaseRestockingCost true|
|My First Simoleon||bucks.unlock_perk StorePlacard_1 true|
|Fobbs 500||bucks.unlock_perk StorePlacard_2 true|
|Snazzy Shirt||bucks.unlock_perk RetailOutfit true|
|Faster Checkouts Small||bucks.unlock_perk CheckoutSpeed_Small true|
|Faster Checkouts Large||bucks.unlock_perk CheckoutSpeed_Large true|
|Faster Restock Small||bucks.unlock_perk RestockSpeed_Small true|
|Faster Restock Large||bucks.unlock_perk RestockSpeed_Large true|
|Curious Shopper||bucks.unlock_perk CustomerBrowseTime true|
|Sure Sale||bucks.unlock_perk SureSaleSocial true|
|Instant Restock||bucks.unlock_perk InstantRestock true|
Get Famous Cheats
Learn about the Get Famous Expansion Pack here. Get Famous includes a lot of the cheats you need through the testingcheats interface. Shift-click Sims and you can use the 'Public Image' menu to increase the celebrity's fame rank, tweak their public image from good or bad, or even freeze their fame and remove specific quirks. If you want to reset fame perks, that's doable with the phone for $275. The actor career, acting skill, and media production are all found in their relevant categories but I'll list them: stats.set_skill_level major_acting 10, stats.set_skill_level minor_mediaproduction 5, careers.promote actor or, for children, careers.promote dramaclub for example.
Dine Out Cheats
The following restaurant perk cheats for the The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack were gathered based on the format for the GTW Cheats as this category seems to borrow from Get to Work's Retail. I found the same code works, just had to track down the name of them within the files. You'll notice they differ. Note that Meal Rush and Surplus Harvest can be used every 24 hours. For those like additional employees or discounts on ingredients, you may need to take them in oder. You can take tidy tippers multiple times but I'm not sure if you need to do something special to add extra ranks.
|Perk||Code to Unlock|
|Curious Customers||bucks.unlock_perk RecommendDishSocial true|
|Additional Waiter #1||bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalWaiter_1 true|
|Ingredient Quality Options||bucks.unlock_perk IngredientQualityOptions true|
|Meal Rush||bucks.unlock_perk MoreCustomers true|
|Surplus Harvest||bucks.unlock_perk IngredientCostDiscount true|
|Patient Patrons||bucks.unlock_perk LengthenImpatienceTimeout true|
|Additional Chef||bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalChef true|
|Curiouser Customers||bucks.unlock_perk RecommendDishFrequency true|
|Additional Waiter #2||bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalWaiter_2 true|
|Inspirational Speech||bucks.unlock_perk InspirationalSpeechSocial true|
|Fast Eaters||bucks.unlock_perk EatFaster true|
|Lower Employee Training Costs||bucks.unlock_perk LowerEmployeeTrainingCost true|
|Ingredient Discount (small)||bucks.unlock_perk CheaperIngredients_1 true|
|Well Funded Foodies||bucks.unlock_perk ExpensiveOrders true|
|Tidy Tippers||bucks.unlock_perk RiskFreeMarkup true|
|Ingredient Discount (large)||bucks.unlock_perk CheaperIngredients_2 true|
|Well Managed||bucks.unlock_perk LowerChanceBadEvents_Small true|
|The Chef's Hat||bucks.unlock_perk ChefsHat true|
How to Make a Sim a Vampire
stats.set_stat commodity_BecomingVampire 2160 will begin the natural conversion process, while traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire will make them a vampire immediately. To remove the vampire trait and revert a Sim, use traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire. You can use these cheats to convert Sims from the Gallery. Learn to Become a Vampire the normal way.
How to Unlock Vampire Perks
stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593 will max out your Vampire Rank and give you 2 Power Points each time you enter the code. Copy it from here and use control+V after opening the cheats panel in-game to paste it repeatedly. You can find more specific vampire cheats on TwistedMexi's wiki. He discovered these and gave me permission to share some of them.
Character Values Cheat
Toddlers, Children, and Teens can have experience in five different character values, which range from -100 to 100 (bad or good). You can set these manually so that when the Sim ages up to adult they will receive reward traits that reflect their morality, manners, etc. They are set with: stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_empathy 100, as an example or stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_conflictresolution -100 - here's the full list. Be sure to include a number, based on how full or negative you'd like the experience bars to be:
- Conflict Resolution: stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_conflictresolution X
- Emotional Control: stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_emotionalcontrol X
- Empathy: stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_empathy X
- Manners: stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_manners X
- Responsibility: stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_responsibility X
Reward Traits for Character Values
New character values reward traits are earned when children and teens age up to adults, and can be added or removed from your Sim if you got a bad one. In some cases you can have the good one from one of the five categories, but can't equip the bad at the same time. Traits are added with traits.equip_trait x and removed with traits.remove_trait x. See the linked Character Values guide for information on what each of them do for your Sims. Here's a list of the character values and their trait pairs, along with two examples:
traits.remove_trait lifeskills_uncontrolledemotion - removes the Uncontrolled Emotion trait
- Manners Traits
- Good Manners lifeskills_goodmanners
- Bad Manners lifeskills_badmanners
- Responsibility Traits
- Responsible - lifeskills_responsible
- Irresponsible - lifeskills_irresponsible
- Empathy Traits
- Compassionate - lifeskills_compassionate
- Insensitive - lifeskills_unfeeling
- Conflict Reeolution Traits
- Mediator - lifeskills_mediator
- Argumentative - lifeskills_argumentative
- Emotional Control Traits
- Emotional Control - lifeskills_emotionalcontrol
- Uncontrolled Emotions - lifeskills_uncontrolledemotion (with no s)
The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Cheats
Cats and Dogs offers a few ways to cheat. For one, you can raise the skills listed above (in-game code of Major_veterinarian and Skill_Dogtraining). You can also cheat to unlock Veterinarian Clinic perks. Here's the full list of codes to unlock them. After enabling testingcheats you'd type bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalVet_1 true to unlock the additional veterinarian. Note the _ as well as spaces between unlock_perk and true.
|Perk||Code to Unlock|
|Unlock another employee||bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalVet_1 true|
|Unlock another employee slot||bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalVet_2 true|
|Increases the rate that customers arrive at the Clinic||bucks.unlock_perk vetperks_MoreCustomers true|
|Customers do not get impatient as quickly, which is good for busy clinics||bucks.unlock_perk vetperks_LengthenImpatienceTimeout true|
|Gives your Sim the inspirational speech social (making them inspired)||bucks.unlock_perk vetperks_InspirationalSpeechSocial true|
|Lowers employee training costs||bucks.unlock_perk vetperks_LowerEmployeeTrainingCost true|
|Reduces the chance of bad events while not active||bucks.unlock_perk vetperks_LowerChanceBadEvents_Small true|
|Pets don't get stressed as fast during treatments||bucks.unlock_perk vetPerks_ReducePetStres true|
|Unlocks a special lab coat for your Sim||bucks.unlock_perk vetperks_UnlockCASItem true|
|Allows you to alter vet supplies quality (chaper/high quality)||bucks.unlock_perk SupplyQuality true|
The Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack does not offer many careers or skills to cheat (only three listed on the Career and Skill Cheats sections) but it's possible to Cheat to change the weather with a mod. You can also eqiup your Sim with the scouting aptitude reward trait and other rewards from the DLC. Click to learn about the new Scouting Career for children and teens.
The Sims 4 Strangerville Game Pack only comes with a few cheats, notably the Military Career (above), and the potential to gather some evidence via show hidden objects in buy mode. See the Strangerville Cheats page for more details.
Island Living Cheats
Ahead of the launch of The Sims 4 Island Living, I published Cheats for Mermaids, Conservationists and Traits in Island Living. This guide will serve to put it all in one place while others are listed elsewhere on the site in their proper categories, as it should be. This pack also added Part Time Jobs, and while they used to be Teen-only you can now take them on as a Young Adult through Elder. Cheating them is pretty easy, they have the prefix PartTime_ so you'd type careers.promote PartTime_Lifeguard to promote your Sim in the Lifeguard job.
Realm of Magic Cheats
Realm of Magic includes a few cheats unique to that game pack. You can increase Spellcaster Rank, learn spells and potion recipes via buydebug, equip the unique traits from RoM, including Magical Bloodline, and add or remove curses. Here's a rundown on Realm of Magic Cheats which you will likely find helpful.
Eco Lifestyle Cheats
If you're looking for Eco Lifestyle cheats, you can find them at my Eco Lifestyle Cheats page!
Credit Where It's Due
I've since learned to find cheats myself, but many of these cheats were originally found by TwistedMexi, who is now a modder that is known for his AllCheats and unique build-mode mods. If you want to see more detailed cheats than I have, look here. I won't publish those that players might infrequently use and don't want to put literally every cheat on this page as it's already quite long. Many are intended to be used by developers and can cause issues with gameplay if used irresponsibly.
Nifty Knitting Cheats
There are two major Sims 4 cheats of note for Nifty Knitting, though not enough to bother making a unique page. See my How to Cheat Guide if you don't know how to use them.
First, you can of course cheat to increase the Knitting skill using stats.set_skill_level major_knitting 10. Additionally, it's possible to get past all the unlocking of CAS parts. See, even with level 10 knitting clothing needs to be added to the wardrobe. You can get around this using CAS.UnlockByTag SP17. This will allow your Sims to wear any clothing by unlocking them all. As a reminder, you can use bb.ShowHiddenObjects to make build mode items and decorative objects appear in the Build/Buy catalog.
Snowy Escape Cheats
Several cheats exist that are specific to Snowy Escape. Click here to see my Snowy Escape Cheats for lists of Lifestyles, special reward traits, and how to cheat your skills in the new Expansion Pack.
If You Cannot Get Cheats to Work
Many cheats require testing cheats to work. Ensure you've done testingcheats on first. This mainly works from the live/build/buy modes of the game as many do not work on the map. You should pause it by pressing tilde (`) or clicking the pause icon, and when the time comes will need to first press and hold the left CTRL key, then Shift, then C in that order, without letting go of any of the keys, to open the console in the first place. This should be a fluid motion and not too slow. Secondly, cheats must be typed exactly. You can get some help with testingcheats by following this link.
Check Out My Youtube Channel!
We now have a Youtube Channel with over 50 guides in video format to go along with the huge site I've already created. Check it out and consider subscribing if you like my style.
1.make a pregnant sim watch the kids network channel on a tv
2. let them watch it for like 13-20 hours
i dont know i think soo
if it dint work please no hate
You must have testingcheats on and then shift-click the Sim to edit in CAS. You can even make them a child if you want. Total reset!
Edit: also, make sure you are doing this in live mode. Many cheats won't work from the world select screen, for example, except for freerealestate on.
Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4 Snowy Escape
Sentiments & Platforms (Free Patch!)
Best Mods in Sims 4
I've created a massive List of The Best Mods in The Sims 4 that should be very helpful to new players and those who have not yet explored modding and how much it can do for your gameplay.
Secrets and Other New Stuff
Nifty Knitting is now available. Learn all about the stuff pack on my guide page here.NEW - Nifty Knitting Cheats
New features in the Sims 4 June 2020
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Guide
Eco Footprint: How it Works
Neighborhood Action Plans
How to Cheat in Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Civil Designer Career
Insect Farms & Bio Fuel
Fabrication Skill in Eco Lifestyle
Juice Fizzing NEW
Traits and Aspirations in DLC
Gameplay Ideas for Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle
Search my Sims 4 Site
Super Sim Checklist + Other News
This is inspired by a new series in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to the full playlist!
I now have a guide page to Tiny Living Stuff where you can learn about Murphy Beds, the new death, as well as the lot bonuses you'll receive if you manage to keep the size of your lot down with this new pack's Tiny Home Lot Type.
Let's Play Playlist
New I now have a guide to Making Super Sims in The Sims 4. Look for a text version within the next 72h. It won't have THAT much more info but it will help out as a checklist.
This was inspired by a series, "Let's Play a Super Sim" in which I start at toddler and gradually take on the major bonuses. Here's a link to each part for people who are interested. You can also see the Let's Play as a Playlist on Youtube.
Latest Videos and Guides
- Sims 4 Ultimate Gameplay Tips Video
- Lot Traits Updated for all DLC
- 10 Objects that Add Gameplay to The Sims 4
- 10+ Mods That Add or Improve Gameplay in The Sims 4
- Spells List Updated & Info on Charge
- Around the World of Glimmerbrook
- Sims 4 Realm of Magic is Available Now. Here’s My Opinion On the Pack
- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Features Deep-Dive
- Tutorial: Using The Sims 4’s New Stair Customization Tool
Discover University Expansion
The Sims 4 Discover University has been announced for November 15 for PC/Mac and December 17 for Xbox and Playstation 4 consoles. Click to learn more about the pack, see my summary of the livestream or read our FAQs below.
- New Career Law Career
- New Video Discover University Review
- New Video The Sims 4 Discover University Super Student
- New Engineering Career - Mechanical or Computer
- NEW Student Organizations (University Groups)
- Gameplay Features Guide (Robotics, Secret Society) Video
- Updated! Discover University Cheats
- Updated: Degrees Guide now also features a Scholarships List
- Discover University Features Guide
- Education Career - Professor or Administrator?
- Research and Debate Skill - Convince Others & Debate Guild
- Robotics and Cybernetics
- The Secret Society of Britechester
More videos coming soon!