Author Topic: Ultra Modern Penthouse (for napoleonwrasse)  (Read 13159 times)

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
Ultra Modern Penthouse (for napoleonwrasse)
« on: November 12, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »

Lot size: 40 x 40
Furnished price: 196,044
Unfurnished price: 40,362
EPs: WA, AMB, LN, GEN, SHT, PETS, SN
SPs: HELS, TLS, OLS, FLS (FLS is used for the barstools ONLY -- you don't really need it)
LOADS OF STORE ITEMS USED -- see below for the list

Napoleonwrasse wanted a modern penthouse in a very tall building with at least 4 bedrooms and three baths, including a master suite with a closet.  Attached is my take on that request.  The highrise is built from scratch -- it's not a Bridgeport shell -- but public rooms are properly designated, and the elevator will take you right to your front door.

In addition to the apartment, the building has a gym with male and female showers and saunas, a swimming pool and hot tub, and a "coffee shop" for those who need helping getting out the door in the morning.

The first floor of the apartment has a desk with computer, a living room with TV, video games and fireplace, a large open kitchen with all modern conveniences and a built-in wetbar.  The dining room seats eight in front of another fireplace.  The master suite is also on this level, with a spacious bedroom, a bathroom with soaking tub, and a cozy den with a third fireplace, and a chessboard.  The requested walk-in closet opens up from here.

Upstairs are four bedrooms with attached baths (two of the bedrooms share a bath, and the other two bedrooms have their own private baths.)  Double doors open up onto the "party deck" with outdoor speakers, a grill and fridge, and lounge furniture -- there's plenty of room for dancing the night away under the stars.  The top floor is empty (you can catch a glimpse of it above the party deck in the pictures.)  It's a large loft space that would be ideal as a billiards/game room, an art studio, or space for whatever hobby your Sims decide to pursue.

The building is on a 40 x 40 lot, to try to maximize the number of places you can put it.  If you put it onto a larger lot, you'll be able to easily expand the landscaping and make the pool bigger.  You can also add/move walls inside the penthouse apartment as much as you like.

HOWEVER!  PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LOT HAS BEEN EXTENSIVELY CFE'D.  If you try to add or move walls on the lobby floor, or on the very tall "skipped" level, you do so at your own risk.  It's not got any special problems, but you have to know what you're doing with CFE and apartment buildings or you may end up with a really wonky looking building.

I tested most of the routing, but I may have neglected a table or chair somewhere.  If you encounter any problems, please let me know, and I'll update the file to fix whatever's wrong.

Now for the store items.  Napoleonwrasse said to go ahead and use whatever I liked, and I really went gung-ho, because I almost never get to build with this stuff except for me. :)  A lot of it is purely decorative.  In fact, you could easily do without just about any of it, though the sauna and rock climbing walls would leave some big empty spaces.

Anyway -- the list:
Dual Comfort Double Bed
Intertia Swivel
Theo's Contempo Dining Table
Boxception Pendant Light
Rock Climbing Wall
Dreams of the Lotus Eaters
Reach for the Heavens
Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set
Ultimate Bath Tub
HydroCombo Spa
Ultra Lounge Living Set
Monte's Dresser
Replicated Reflection
MAL 2000
Futureshock Teeth Tech
Bamboo Shelf of Balance

I searched all over the store to find the "Window to Prosperity" in the blue bathroom, but I can't find a link.  It's probably from Lunar Lakes -- it's just decorative, so no big loss if you don't have it.  Plus, the desk in the living room is from Lunar Lakes, and the sauna in the gym and shower in the light green bathroom are from Sunlit Tides.  Obviously, you can just use some other desk and shower if needed. :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Ultra Modern Penthouse (for napoleonwrasse)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:36:20 PM »
What an amazing penthouse! I'm blown away by how modern and sleek it looks. I'm sure napoleon will be impressed.   ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline napoleonwrasse

• Townie
  • I'm a long time simmer who mostly builds.
    • Sims 3 Houses and Misc. items
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 01:47:13 AM »
THIS IS AMAZING! More than I could have asked for thank you so so very much. I love it!   :D

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 03:11:40 AM »
Wow this is great! Very modern and clean. I love it!
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »
Wow , it's awesome ! Love the looks of your decor. Fantastic work.  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline intl_incident

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »
THIS IS AMAZING! More than I could have asked for thank you so so very much. I love it!   :D

Hooray! So glad you like it.  I had fun making it.  This is my favorite type of decor, and I would love to live in a place like this. :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 04:01:06 AM »
Oh my goodness! Did you use a mod to build it that tall? That is amazing!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Andy_555224

• Llama Wrangler
  • Just another group of pixels on screen.
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 10:11:30 AM »
Chuckles, you can use CFE to make the wall any height. I failused it to make an eight-storey lobby.

Offline intl_incident

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 12:13:52 PM »
Hi, Chuckles_82 --  Andy_555224 is right, I just used the CFE cheat.  You can use it very easily to make an 8-ish story building by just raising the terrain to max under a small 1x1 room, and then using the level terrain tool to raise the height of your main building to match the height of the "guide" building on the raised terrain.

To get the walls as tall as I did you have to use a slightly more complicated (but still not very difficult) technique.  Presuming you have some basic knowledge of CFE, the instructions are:

1. Build a 1x1 square "guide" room. Tile the top. Build a second story, same size, right on top of it.
2. CTRL + SHIFT + C, then "constrainfloorelevation false"
3. Raise the terrain under the building to max.
4. CTRL + SHIFT + C, then "constrainfloorelevation true"
5. Remove the first story (but not the floor tile covering the bottom of the second story).
6. Use the terrain tool to level out the ground below the small building.
7. Repeat from step 2 until you get your little "guide" building as high as you want it, then level your main building from there.

I don't know if there is an upper limit, but you can get things REALLY high. I've seen someone who made "Mount Olympus" up in the clouds, removed the walls that extended to the ground, and had Sims Zeniport up there. It was pretty awesome.

Offline Andy_555224

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »
I have a question.

How did you get the window look on the outside? Or was that a wallpaper?

Offline intl_incident

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 01:17:28 PM »
Hi, Andy -- The blue "windows" are just a wall covering from either the Miscellaneous or the Wall Sets categories.  I think it's called "Fine Timber" and it looks like wood in the default coloration.  I used CASt to give it a light blue background and metal beams.  The grey vertical portions are from the same category -- one of the panels right next to "fine timber." It also looks like wooden paneling in the default.  I re-CASted it to look like metal.

Offline Andy_555224

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 02:12:18 PM »
Cool. Thanks! :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »
Thanks for the mini-tutorial :D That is truly amazing! I rarely download things, because I prefer to build them myself, but I really love your building style.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 12:31:25 PM »
Could I just ask where you got the painting in the Blue Bedroom from? It's really nice :)

EDIT: Never mind. I tracked it down :)
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline 7S1MZ

• Nooboo
  • Ready when you are, Sergeant Pembry.
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 02:03:36 PM »
Nice penthouse. Have just the place for it in my world ;) Am testing on modern elevators at the mo. Hmmm (feels jealous.) My builds are more of a swampy or desert theme. One up from me :) Good job.

anything