Author Topic: Haugrud Homestead - Life States Dynasty  (Read 5766 times)

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
Haugrud Homestead - Life States Dynasty
« on: June 30, 2014, 11:49:54 PM »
I'm going to give the Life States Dynasty Challenge another ago, after my failed attempt.  I'm starting over with a new founder.  I am playing with mods in my game to help keep my game stable, so this isn't official just for fun and to give myself my a challenge. 

So, Here we Go!

Index:

Generation 1: Carla Haugrud

1.1 Welcome to Riverview Carla
1.2 Carla gets a roommate
1.3 Rewind, Redo, Replay

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
Re: Haugrud Homestead - Life States Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 11:53:55 PM »
Generation 1:

Carla Haugrad

Life State: Genie
Traits: commitment issues, daredevil, friendly, natural cook, never nude
LTW: Celebrated Five-Star Chef
Favorites: orange, grilled salmon, island life

Download: Swap Shop | The Exchange

Requirements:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 11:55:35 PM »
Chapter 1.1: Welcome to Riverview Carla

At one time, I was just a girl in Hidden Springs.  My green skin, didn't make me too out of place there.  Then something happened.  I got all jumbled around.  My family is gone, and I came out all blue.  And my personality got all jumbled around too!  The genie powers are a nice bonus though, I'll tell you that much.  I hope these powers help me survive this mess I've gotten myself into. 

I was told that if I followed certain rules, and met certain requirements, I'd get to live forever with my heirs.  And I'm always up for a challenge, so here we go! 

Here am I in Riverview.  Got myself a plot of land.  What now?

Time to get a job.  Good thing all you have to do is walk in, and you're hired!

Then, it's time to go to the library and hit the books, and learn how to do this cooking thing I'm supposed to know how to do for my new job. 

When you can make perfect quality burritos appear out thin air, why do I need to spend all this time studying cooking?

Right, right.  Those requirements.  Plus I need to learn how to make ambrosia.  My genie powers can't quite grasp that recipe. 

Other than working,

[

and winning hot dog eating contests,

I've been trying to spend my free time meeting some of the men in town.  I'm not exactly looking forward to settling down, but I do need one to produce heirs. 

Maybe it's just my commitment issues, but the first two men I met I was attracted to are both married. 

I also met Hunter Cottoneye, and invited him to join me back at the festival the next day.  Like a creeper, he watched me skate though the window until I invited him to join. 

Hunter and I have gotten to be good friends.  I wonder if he could help get those death fish, I've heard ambrosia requires? 

I also met a fairy.  Single, but no attraction. 

I've started to bake.  But I'm not sure if the baked goods are counting towards these skill challenges I'm supposed to meet. 

I guess it will be back to my normal oven after this, but look at these cookies I made like a renegade!  That's right, you know you're jealous of my mad skills. 

I also met a cute police officer at a party.  This dude is actually single. 

But I'm not sure if he will be much longer, by the looks of it. 

So, that's my world so far.  Pretty boring.  I'll update when I have something to tell y'all.  Peace out!   8)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 12:00:29 PM »
Carla's got some pretty cool genetics. Hopefully some will pass down to her heirs. Good luck in this attempt :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 01:26:59 PM »
Hey, natural cook isn't bad at all! I don't see another skill trait there unfortunately unless you're doing Charisma...

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:00:39 PM »
I started playing, and got a crash already!  Crash log says it's DEP.  I thought I had already fixed those settings, and it's so hard to find the instructions for Windows 8. 

Carla's got some pretty cool genetics. Hopefully some will pass down to her heirs. Good luck in this attempt :)

Thanks!  She was born in game to a sim I created and Cassidy Earthsong from Hidden Springs.  She was green before she got a makeover for this game.  Her and her twin brother, Carlos, were the youngest of their five children. 

I didn't save the father I made (he was made to look similar to the green sims in Hidden Springs), but here are the kids if anyone is interested: Tucker, Bizzi, Jace, Carla, and Carlos.  Carla was my favorite of the bunch with her red hair that came out of nowhere.  I don't know where Carlos' lighter colored hair came from either. 

I changed her skin to the rainbow slider, and made her green eyes gray, but other than that I left Carla's genetics alone. 

Hey, natural cook isn't bad at all! I don't see another skill trait there unfortunately unless you're doing Charisma...

Yep, she can learn to make ambrosia to keep herself and her heirs young!

I was thinking of having her item for the family mausoleum to be jam/preserves when the new store set comes out on Thursday.  I'm hoping that will be a skill and it will maybe count towards some 5000 point wishes?

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 02:31:59 PM »
I changed her skin to the rainbow slider, and made her green eyes gray, but other than that I left Carla's genetics alone. 

I can't wait to see how the heirs turn out!  I did a lifestates and gave my founder very unique genetics to see if/how they would be passed down.  Her eye color or hair color showed up in some form in every generation.  Fingers crossed that Carla has similar luck  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline James903

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 11:52:14 PM »
I like Sims with different coloured skin! Bookmarked.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »
When you can make perfect quality burritos appear out thin air, why do I need to spend all this time studying cooking?

She has a point!  ;)

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 11:48:30 AM »
Chapter 1.2: Carla gets a roommate

First off, burglar!

Jerk stole my toilet!  Good thing the nice police lady was able to get it back for me, so I could eat my veggi sushi in peace. 

George Dean invited me on date!  I showed up in my work clothes.  Don't want to look like I'm trying too hard. 

However, my watcher says it is not meant to be, and instead I was to invite Hunter Cottoneye to move in with me.  For now, we are just roommates.  I know, by moving into the house, I am committing (yuck!) to making babies with him, but he's not ready for romance yet.  Let me just try one thing...

Yep.  Not ready. 

While I got my first ever trick or treater,

Hunter has been busy. 

He's also learning to garden.

That's it for now.  Peace out!   8)

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 11:54:23 AM »
I moved the pictures from chapter 1 into a "sub album" on photobucket.  They look like they're still showing up fine for me, but I'm not sure if I should have to redo the codes/links.  Can you guys still see them?

Carla is going to need a second skill, but I'm not really sure what to go with yet.  I thought maybe snake charming, since no one else will need that, but then I looked it up and it's a hidden skill, so no skill challenges there.  I do have all of the store PC (except the toilet), but I don't think any of those that come with new skills include skill challenges for those new skills. 

She also is going to need 7 items from the mausoleum related to one of her skills.  If jam/preserves from the new store set counts towards cooking, I'll probably do that.  But if it's a new skill, then I guess that wouldn't count.  She's going to need something to go into the mausoleum....

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 12:17:03 PM »
I'm really enjoying this... That being said, I can't see any of chapter 1.1's images. It says they've been deleted from photobucket.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »
I'm really enjoying this... That being said, I can't see any of chapter 1.1's images. It says they've been deleted from photobucket.

Thanks.  I thought that might happen.  I created a "sub album" to keep things better organized for myself.  I'll fix 'em up quick. 

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 01:46:57 PM »
Images from chapter 1 showed up just fine for me.

Welcome to the household, Hunter!