Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 126948 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #525 on: October 18, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »
The plot thickens! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #526 on: October 20, 2011, 03:42:29 PM »
Sciks: Week 34 - Pets comes to the Sunbursts!

Mom still isn't feeling well, so I guess you have to put up with me again.

So many super awesome things happen to me this week! First, Dad teaches me how to drive a car and I get my license in 2 just days! This is me learning to drive in Grandma Fhore's Ford.

Then, the next day after school, Dad finishes teaching me to drive and I am so excited, I run home! Yup, I leave Dad with the car and run home. Hey, at least I didn't make my 80-something day old Dad walk home.

I invite the girl who has stolen my heart over after school on Tuesday and ask her a couple important questions.

Caroline Littlejohn says yes to being my girlfriend and to going to the prom with me tomorrow night! I'm the luckiest guy around!

The gnooboos have started their own gatherings, with Gnome number "something in German" (we've all lost track by now I think) keeping tabs on the youngsters.

Wednesday comes and I'm so nervous about Prom tonight I just can't stay in one place for long! I dig through a scrap pile at the Junkyard until I smell worse than week-old garbage.

Home again, after a shower, I mess around with Mom's laptop (it used to belong to Great Uncle Franklin) and set a booby trap on it. I hope I'm around when Mom turns the laptop on next! Lola nods her approval.

Then, after posing for another sculpture for Grandpa Tu, I ask Mom to help me with my homework. It goes so much faster when she's helping me, it must be her Genius and Logic skill!

Finally, it's time to head to the school for Prom! I rented a white limo for tonight hoping to impress Caroline. Can you tell I'm nervous? Because I feel nervous. Do I look nervous? Do you think she will notice I'm nervous? Ah man, I'm starting to sweat! Do I have time to run back inside and change my shirt? GULP!

Lola materializes out of nowhere and jaunts into Prom right behind me. So that's what she would look like if I gave her Mom's magic IF potion.

Maybe I should consider ... Oh my gosh! The most gorgeous girl just walked into the school! Oh, and now I'm nervous again. With my girlfriend Caroline at my side, I am invincible tonight!

I managed to get everyone to vote for me for Prom King! We were the dynamic dual of the dance and voted the cutest couple! I must say, I definitely agree.

[Anyone notice the weirdness in the Prom photo? Sciks' girlfriend is taller than him! She aged up into a YA the night before but still attended Prom with Sciks. How cool is that?!]

Thursday's highlights include of Mom choking down her very first Ambrosia meal! I guess that means I'll be doing all the updates for the foreseeable future. Congratulations Mom!

Also, our small town of Twinbrook finally gets it's shipment of wildlife, pets, and small creatures! In the morning, Grandma Fhore greets the first stray dog to venture onto the Sunburst home property.

Dad decides he's not to old to learn a new skill and heads down to the Equestrian Center for a riding lesson.

Grandma Therie paints a Genius painting that might just take a Genius to figure out! [Note to self: never paint a Genius style painting of a Gnome memorial statue again!]

Friday, Grandma Fhore finds a turtle out in the swamps and brings it home. It now lives in a terrarium in her room.

Mom stops by the Ice Cream truck for a delicious snack - YAY for the Freezer Bunny!

Saturday brings the day I've been looking forward to since Prom! Please meet Sami.

I adopted her from our neighbours and am now wrapped completely around her little paw. You may be wondering, but what about Caroline? Well, she's a YA now so it's improper for us to go on dates and stuff, so until my YA birthday next week, Sami is the girl of my heart.

Grandpa Wunn finds a bird, an African Grey Parrot to be precise, and spends all day Saturday teaching it to sing and talk.

We also spot our very first wild deer, raccoon, and horses! Dad is of the mind to befriend a wild horse but so far no go.

Next Week: A round of birthdays again, maybe a visit from Grim? (Dad is 90 days old now.)
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #527 on: October 20, 2011, 03:57:46 PM »
Welcome Sammi! Congrats on getting Pets!
Congrats on the fifth Immortal!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #528 on: October 20, 2011, 04:02:17 PM »
Oh, my goodness, that puppy's dish is bigger than she is! How adorable!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #529 on: November 03, 2011, 03:26:34 AM »
Wow, the animals are so cute!

I can't wait to hear more about how Fyve and Patrick and maybe even how Jeb is holding up after all this drama :D

Great updates, you are an amazing writer!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #530 on: November 12, 2011, 11:37:06 PM »
Sciks: Week 35

This week is a week of interesting developments in the Sunburst household. Mom has been spending all her free time after work hours tunnel diving alongside Grandpa Wunn, if I didn't know better I'd think she was trying to avoid Dad, or something. This Sunday, during one of her many, many tunnel adventures, Mom finally brings back a cave-woman outfit, to the great envy of Grandpa Wunn. She has it recoloured in her favorite colour: Hot Pink.

Things must be looking up between Mom and Dad after the whole Jeb thing, I happen to see her actually accepting a bouquet of pink flowers from Dad. Or maybe it's because Dad's appointment with Grim came and went on Saturday, with Grim as a no-show. I just hope they figure something out before Mom has to live the remaining 3 generations with regrets.

Little Sami enjoys the freedom of a day forgotten outside after a trip out to the bathroom and decides to take the opportunity to meet the neighbourhood wildlife. She has a blast goofing around with this raccoon for the afternoon.

Monday after my second last day of high school I have an award ceremony for my Shop Class. Both Mom and Dad come to see me win a framed hand saw. It is awesome! I also get a trophy.

Check out all the cool stuff I've won, collected, and made! I get Mom to let me re-do my room to a more mature look (I took off most of the mushroom wallpaper), and to make my cool stuff stand out more. On the top shelf is my Ballet trophy and souvenir from the class field trip to the Science Center during elementary school. On the middle shelf is my prom picture and Prom King crown, and my new Shop Class trophy. Also, there is some medal hanging on the wall that I've forgotten where it's from. On the bottom shelf is the first Inventor Gnome I made, I have 4 or 5 of them now. Needless to say, he doesn't stay up on his shelf long after this picture is taken. And you can see my super cool framed hand saw on the wall above my bed!

So because it's my last night as a teen, I decide to sneak over to the school after dark and let all the frogs out of the biology lab room! I don't even get caught. The next day at school is a riot with 50,000 frogs hopping all over the place!

Mom gets the honour of finding and meeting our very first unicorn. This is Jumper and he is friendly enough that Mom is able to pet his neck and feed him an apple without losing a single finger. Impressive Mom!

I'm all innocence after a successful frog release at the school hanging out with Dad watching TV in our good suits. Some people tell me I'm totally like my Mom but I think I take after Dad quite a bit.

Tuesday brings about my YA birthday! I'm so excited to finally be the same age as Caroline again! I throw a huge party at Grandma Therie's Central Park - I invited mostly my friends but also a few extended family members). Apparently, we used to have our family parties here before Mom bought the pool, but I don't really want a pool party. After a bit of dancing and catching up with friends that graduated before me, I'm ready to blow out my candles.

And like every birthday before, the sparkles create the diversion in which the transformation takes place. Can you see her? Even Caroline made it to my party!

Back at home, Lola has her birthday too, all by herself. Well, Sami is in the house somewhere too, probably busy chewing on something.

This is the new, grown up me after a trip into Grandpa Wunn's closet for a round at the dresser and mirror.

The next day, Grandma Therie gets caught by one of my booby traps I set around the house during my last weekend as a teen. What?! I had to have some crazy fun while I still could! I think there are still a couple traps that haven't been discovered yet but I'm not really sure where they are *looks around innocently*.

My little Sami enjoys a good roll around in the puddle created by the sink booby trap before Grandma Therie makes me mop it up. It was so worth it!

Near the end of the week, Sami has her birthday too and grows into a monster of an adult dog! Don't believe me, well these next 2 pictures where taken with the same zoom. I don't know what's all in the puppy chow we've been feeding her but boy does it make a puppy fill out!

See?! Super puppy food!

Now that she's all grown up, I get down to business teaching Sami the tricks of dogs. We start with the basics: Sit!

By the time the weekend is up she also knows Sit Up and we've started on Shake. Oh yeah, I have been spending time at my inventing table too.

Oh, and Dad's still around. He's 98 days old on Saturday. Mom even lets him take her out for some bubble blowing, dinner, and dancing at the gym. Apparently, it's "their" spot.

I hear the night ended very well.

Next Week: Will we get to see the Grim? Maybe a wedding? You'll have to check back!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #531 on: November 13, 2011, 02:38:41 AM »
Happy Birthday Sami and Sciks! Sami is so cute! Sciks' saw isn't in the safest spot. I wouldn't like to sleep with a saw above my head!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #532 on: December 07, 2011, 10:29:18 PM »
I finally got caught up with your story from where I left off!
Sami is soo cute..I am in love with all the puppies in the new expansion! Haha
I've found that most imaginary friends that I make into humans are absolutely gorgous, Lola is no exception!
Congrats Sciks for winning Prom King and finally growing up so he can go ahead and marry Caroline! :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #533 on: December 11, 2011, 04:52:15 PM »
Sciks: Week 36, Part 1

Well, I've heard that the best way to break bad news is to do it first and fast, like pulling off a bandaid. Dad dies. At age 98 days, my Dad, Patrick (Baker) Sunburst finally has his meeting with the Grim. Dad spends all day Sunday working out while the rest of the family try and organize a trip to China which never happens. [Traveling, no matter who goes or how many resulted in zero Sims showing up in China. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.] At about 4pm he gets a call from City Hall, they have another stylist award for him! Dad is so excited he jumps off the weight machine and heads straight to City Hall. Sadly, he makes it only as far as the front porch.

The Grim makes it as painless as possible on all of us and simply shakes Dad's hand.

R.I.P. Patrick (Baker) Sunburst, 98days
Father, Husband, Friend, Musician, Photographer, Stylist
He leaves behind his Son, Wife, and their family.
He joins in the afterlife his Mother, Baker Uncle and Grandmother.

Mom takes it hard. I think she's struggling with Dad's betrayal and connecting it to the man that she loved her whole life, and continues to love. *Kleenex for Mom*

My one true regret: I never got to fulfill my Dad's 5000LTHP wish of seeing me get married. It's not like I didn't have time or anything, I am a YA for almost a week before Dad dies, I could have called Caroline on any one of those days and proposed but I didn't. I'm sorry Dad.

I start teaching Sami how to hunt and, after she gains her first skill point, there's no stopping her! Not one to sit still and listen to a lecture on hunting, she runs around the yard searching for the next super interesting smell to dig up.

You will never guess who I run into at the park on Tuesday! After a trip to the Consignment Shop to drop off my latest batch of widgets, I wander over to Central Park across the street. A little fresh air before I head back home and get buried in scrap at my inventing table again.

I was trying to catch a butterfly (and failing miserably) when a laugh coming from behind me tickles it's way up my spine and into the back recesses of my memory. I pause as pieces of China, a sandbox, and a seesaw flash through my head, combined with that laugh. I turn around and see none other than Lihua Wang, my very first real best friend! All grown up, baby fat gone, but that laugh remains.

Thoughts of inventing vanish. Instead, I grab her in a huge hug and burst out laughing! That's when the awkwardness starts and I realize she doesn't remember me. An introduction and explanation later she returns my hug and smiles. She even agrees to spending the day with me. I take her over to the gym and lose my very first game of darts to her.

As the evening arrives, I take her out for dinner at the Bistro. I can't remember what I order or even how it tastes, but I remember the candle light making her black hair shine and her dark brown eyes sparkle. We never stop talking, moving effortlessly from one topic to the next. She tells me about her family, how her mom Maya has passed away but her Dad Deng still lives in the old house. She has a brother, An, living in China and a half-sister in France whom she's never met. I tell her about Sami, my inventing, the awards I won in Shop Class, Dad's death. I could talk to this girl all night!

When she hints at getting tired, I ask if she wants to stay at the house instead of a hotel. She agrees on the condition that I call ahead and OK it with the family first.

I blame it on the spontaneity of the day, the surprise of renewing old acquaintances, and the magic of the night. It feels like coming home. The fireworks in my head and crackling down my spine make my toes curl.

Reality, as it has a habit of doing, comes crashing down the next morning when I wake up beside Lihua. She is so beautiful sleeping there, her black hair spilling all over the pillow. But she isn't Caroline. Oh gosh, Caroline! I jump backward out of bed so fast I hit my head on the trophy shelf hanging on the wall behind me. My eyes glaze over as I rub the sore spot, a slide show of Caroline running through my head: her beautiful purple eyes, my high school sweetheart and best friend, watching the stars, Prom, my birthday, how I haven't seen her since, Dad's wish, the lack of a ring, or a night like this with my Caroline. Dad. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all.

When she starts moving I high tail it out of the room and into a shower, buying a few more minutes to clear my head and think. The hot water doesn't help, all it does is cause blood to pool in my feet leaving my brain starved for oxygen and me feeling weak. I sit down on the toilet waiting for the room to stop spinning.

How long I sit there I have no idea, but I come back to reality when the knocking at the door reaches a desperate tempo and I hear Grandma Therie yelling, asking if I'm alright. In the 5 steps it takes me to reach the door, I realize the decision has already been made. Next up, breakfast, and then I have to break a lady's heart.

And mine.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline bekkaruella

• Llama Wrangler
  • Oh no! Don't eat the baby!
« Reply #534 on: December 11, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »
Oh no!  Which one will he choose?  Caroline or Lihua?  I know which one is easier to spell! :)
God created Pie when He wanted a snack.  Pie was very pretty so lots of cute boys wanted her attention.  Eventually she ended up marrying a Greek god (Erebus) and having a child named Rebekah Ruella Felucia, nicknamed Bekka. <br />Bekka grew older and became the second vampire to exist, and is 9,086,753,423 years old.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #535 on: December 11, 2011, 10:28:18 PM »
Ah! Such a thrilling update. I hope he makes the right choice! I can't wait to see who he chooses.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #536 on: December 12, 2011, 01:57:32 AM »
He'll choose the right Girl for him.  :) P.s what's with the giant face behind Fyve?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #537 on: December 12, 2011, 09:06:28 AM »
Thanks for reading and commenting bekkaruella, kattiq, and Tom!

@ Tom, the giant face is a drafting table art work Patrick did when 'researching design concepts'. It's kind of neat. He's got about 8 pieces hung up in the room.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #538 on: December 12, 2011, 09:31:51 AM »
I can't wait to see who he chooses. Obviously I will be all kinds of sorry for the unlucky lady who doesn't get to be the future Mrs Sunburst.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #539 on: December 12, 2011, 11:48:13 AM »
Thanks for reading and commenting bekkaruella, kattiq, and Tom!

@ Tom, the giant face is a drafting table art work Patrick did when 'researching design concepts'. It's kind of neat. He's got about 8 pieces hung up in the room.

Ah, I don't normally do the Stylist Career so I've not done the research option very much. I really need to try out the Ambitions professions properly for once.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything