Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61789 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED
« on: January 11, 2011, 05:33:29 AM »
## See the last post for the link to PART 2##

Hello! I have chosen what I think of as 'interesting' families from all the different neighbourhoods, and replanted them in Barnacle Bay. I chose them because a) I was attached to them, b)I found there story interesting, or c)they have interesting facial features (for genetics). Anyway, I thought I'd try writing their stories. I have turned aging and story progression off so I can control them all without them changing. I'll use birthday cakes to age them up when they've gone through the necessary number of days. I hope you like the stories (and I hope I'm not using too many photos!). Let me know if you like it and I'll continue it.

First off, meet the McGraw family. Stiles and Monika met in Sunset Valley and fell in love. Monika had inherited some money ($20,000), so they began to build their dream home, then they moved their entire (newly built) home to Barnacle Bay for a fresh start. Here's Stiles doing what he does best, playing his guitar:

He joined the Bay quartet, and very much enjoys his job. Below is Monika, carrying their first child Jason, while pregnant with their next child. Monika is pursuing a career in education, but with young children she is taking a break for now.

Life was easy for the couple. Stiles practiced his guitar playing, and tried out some busking outside the theater. Monika kept the house tidy and washed their clothes, and looked after young Jason, who aged up to toddler while she was pregnant. In fact, that is how Monika found herself when her second child decided to come knocking. She was hanging out the washing on the clothes line at night. As she went into contractions, Stiles remained oblivious outside the theater, unable to hear his phone over his playing. And so Monika had her baby in the backyard. A boy she named Anton.

Below is an image of their home, to give you an idea of the place.

Next post - the Steel family. (And the families get more interesting - I started with a boring one really).

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 05:43:12 AM »
Now we come to the Steel family. Christopher Steel wooed and wed young Blair in Sunset Valley, then together they moved to Barnacle Bay. By buying a cheaper house, they had some extra money to do up their new home. Most of it went into making a top-notch kitchen. They went for a metallic, modern style.
Christopher has dedicated himself to the Ghostbusting career. He enjoys helping local residents with their ghost problems, and swiftly ascends through the ranks.

Blair is persuing a career in law enforcement. She dreams of one day being a forensic scientist like her favourite tv character, Abby from NCIS. She has a kind heart and likes to donate regularly.

They're not much into gardens, and as they earn money in their careers, Chris and Blair replace the front lawn with verandas equipped with the latest technology.

Next post - the Angelista 'sisters'.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 05:57:36 AM »
Next we visit the Avangelista 'sisters'. Lala is still quite young considering she has an adult daughter. She keeps a steady job in business, but dreams of stardom. She hopes that soon her daughters limelight will rub off on her. Tiara, her daughter, is young and beautiful, and well on her way to being a successful actress with 2 celebrity stars so far. Together Tiara and her mother moved to Barnacle Bay, snagging the only house close to the local clubs. They had makeovers upon arriving in the town. How do they look?

Saving money in the move, they redo their new home into an exotic resort. They ran out of money when they began to choose living room chairs, but they're sure they can save to do up the loungeroom and their bedrooms soon enough.

They are quick to throw a party, during which Lala dances next to the pool while Tiara invites their guests into the hot tub.

Tiara attempts to fulfill a few celebrity oppurtunities. She found it harder than she expected:

Their first night out on the town was a disaster. While searching for a lively club, Tiara was unable to hold it in. There was soon a terrible scandal over Tiara's weeing her pants, and the next night the bouncer would not let her into the Prosper Room. Tiara also was disappointed when a local 4 star celebrity, Dina Caliente, refused to talk to her.
Will Tiara and Lala reach their dreams of fame... before their house becomes a rubbish tip?

Next posts - the Grisby family and the new Darer-Coddle family.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 06:06:55 AM »
This is a great idea. I'm loving it so far!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 10:17:27 AM »
Awesome! I've always wanted to buy Barnacle Bay but I don't have any simpoints  :-\
I'm excited to see more!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:02:11 AM »
Awesome! I've always wanted to buy Barnacle Bay but I don't have any simpoints  :-\
Same with me. :(

I really like this story, pallyndrome! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 12:08:48 PM »
I'm interested to see how you interact with the Barnacle Bay locals. I'm doing my dynasty there and may post the story here. Thanks for sharing!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
I've actually removed most of the barnacle bay locals aside from the ones i deemed interesting.

I'm so glad you all like my story :)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 07:17:52 PM »
This is great, Palldrome!
I'm really liking it! :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 11:58:02 PM »
Great idea and it really sounds like fun.  My sister started a new town and moved some people and then moved a bunch in she had gotten from the exchange to see who paired with who.  She said it is a blast to watch the sims pick other sims.  Your idea is really neat.  I don't see how anyone could bored with this game, there is many possibilities.  Good job Pally. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 01:03:53 AM »
This is great, Pally!  What fun to see the locals that we all know and love here in your stories!  You are allowed to use as many images as you want, within reason.  The 5 shot limit doesn't count in stories.  You are also welcome to use our new image Gallery for your screenshots.  It's free and you can upload as many images as you want, as long as they are Sims 3 and are properly identified.  The thread with instructions is here.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 01:09:32 AM »
Now we move on to the Grisby family. I chose them because of their interesting facial features. All 3 of them had make overs, and I demolished their small home and replaced it with a new, multi story home including basement, and the garden plants found on the lot when they moved in:

Walter Grisby transferred his political career to Barnacle Bay. He hopes to one day be mayor, and he has a good chance since the local sims like that he's such a down-to-earth guy. In his spare time he helps his wife tend the garden, and throws campaign parties. His first in the Bay was very successful: around $25000 was raised and he even had a 4 star celebrity (Dina Caliente) show up.
Young Laurel Grisby has found that she loves sculpting. She quickly progresses from clay, to wood, to ice. Her father helps her with her homework. She struggles at first to make friends, but finally meets Serena Abe, whom she gets along with well.
Yvette Grisby is a line cook, and spends her free time cooking and watching the cooking channel on tv (along with some gardening).

Here's the family at dinner together, eating some home made Stu Surprise:

Late one night as Laurel is trying to sleep, she spies out the window what looks like a white ghost in the distance. She guessed that that's what happens when you live near a graveyard.

Laurel is surprised when she finds out that her parents are planning to have another baby. 9 months later, Yvette gives birth to a healthy baby girl, whom they name Evann (pronouced E-varn).

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 01:11:56 AM »
Thanks Pam and Saltypaws! I'm finding this fun!
I hope you don't mind Pam if I continue to use Photobucket. I'm just used to using that.

Next post - Will 82 year old Juan Darer really fall in love?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 01:22:38 AM »
Meet Molly Coddle. She a sweet hearted girl in her twenties who has just moved to Barnacle Bay. She's a Resident at the local hospital, and usually isn't very good with social interactions. That is, until she spies her neighbour, Juan Darer. Most people might not see anything desirable in old, dirty Juan, but Molly can tell he's a sweet guy and falls in love at first sight.
So begins a strange romance in which Molly courts Juan. She talks to him, flirts, and takes him out to eat at the Ship restaurant. Outside she finally decides to propose. To her horror, Juan has a moment of insanity and rejects her offer. It was not until then that she realised he has the insane trait. She leaves in tears.
That night Juan mused on their relationship in the attic of his old barn. He's quick to realise that he made a terrible mistake. So the next day he visits Molly in her home and proposes to her. Molly immediately forgives and forgets, saying she would love to marry him. He rushes home and cleans himself up:

Then buys new clothes, and shaves his face, and cuts his hair. How do you like his new look? He's done his best:

He sets up a secluded part of his backyard with some plants from his fiancee's homeland and the wedding goes off without a hitch:

Molly decides to keep change her name to Molly Darer-Coddle.

Next post - the new couple renovate and begin their lives together.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 01:37:49 AM »
Molly had a nice sum of cash saved away for just this moment. She has a new house built on the ruins of Juan's old house, styling it on her chinese heritage, and personal style. Juan agrees to finally demolish the barn, and a small shed is built for him to continue his inventing career (which Molly convinced him to join).
See the house below:

Molly took some time off in order to court Juan, so she has some time up her sleeve. She cleans her home and relaxes as Juan gets used to married life. She's not surprised when she wakes up one night to find Juan gone. He hasn't left a note but she knows he's probably just ducked over the road to the rubbish yard. Sure enough, Juan has headed off to collect some much needed scrap. When he gets there, however, he finds he cannot resist his first detonation. Whoever left those cars there was just asking for trouble.
Of course, it being his first attempt, the car does not explode as planned. When he goes closer to check the bomb, it explodes in his face, leaving him filthy. Molly hears the explosion, but is happy the next day when she finds Juan cleaning the dishes (still in the remains of his clothes). She knows Juan is trying hard to be a good husband.
Juan gets to work on his inventions, and is very happy when Molly announces her pregnancy. He stops her often to talk to her belly.

The day of the birth, Molly begins her contractions in the middle of moving the clothes from the washing machine to the dryer, and leaves it in a soggy mess on the loungeroom floor. Juan is a little late, but dashes into the hospital to be with Molly. He is very pleased to find Molly with their new baby boy. Molly wants to name him after his father, but Juan convinces her to a compromise - they name him Jay. His new crib is equipped with a whale toy lovingly crafted by his father.
The next day Molly is thinking about her new life, and decides to get a tattoo. She chooses a wolf's head to remind her of her husband, because though she hates to think of it, she knows he won't be around for ever.

That afternoon she leaves Jay in Juan's care, and takes what she hopes to the first of many short trips to Shang Simla. She doesn't tour the sites (she's from there, after all), but picks up some books, relics and local gemstones so she can have some chinese culture at home to show her children in later years. She returns home to her lovely home and family, already dreaming of the future.