Author Topic: Deleting the Caches - Sims Medieval  (Read 13209 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Deleting the Caches - Sims Medieval
« on: March 31, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
As many of you know, fellow Sims 3 players, deleting the caches is completely safe, and cannot harm your game. The same thing happens with Medieval. The cache files are generated by the game here:

(Windows) [your hard drive]:\Documents and Settings\[your user account]\My Documents (Documents in Vista)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval

I managed to find and delete only 3 cache files (CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, simCompositorCache.package). There are 4 files in Sims 3 folder, that's why I'm bothered. ??? Anyways, feel free to delete these files, they are regenerated by the game each time you play it. After deleting mine, my game started running smoother and loading faster.

On a side note: there isn't a DCBackup folder as it is in TS3, because there is still no way to import custom content into the game, as far as I know. Even though, there is an Installed Worlds folder (in TS3, Riverview and Barnacle Bay are placed here after being installed, and any other custom world), but I can't think of a possible way to install a new world into your game. Any info is much appreciated. Thank you.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: Deleting the Caches
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 01:36:20 PM »
Thanks for the info about the cache files, I'm going to try to play again and this info may come in very handy.

I think that it is likely that ways to install any new worlds into the game will be added as/when/if additional extension packs are created.

(Trying not to break the rules but, when TS3 was released, adding customisation was done by adding folders in ...\Program Files.  Later EA, themselves, altered the coding to allow custom content to be entered via folders held within ...\My Documents files.)

Alternately, if EA go the route that they did with the 'Stories' series for TS2, then new worlds/eras may be released as completely stand-alone games, just like TSM.

------------------------------------------

EDIT:  I had problems with my game (save file having wrong date) and after the patch had to delete the save files. I also decided to follow TheChronicR's advice about deleting caches.  Thanks, Chronic, your advice was most timely.

Please note:  If you have the Limited Edition of The Sims Medieval then, when you delete the caches, it will be necessary to re-input the code to unlock the extra throne rooms.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 01:39:37 PM »
EDIT:  I had problems with my game (save file having wrong date) and after the patch had to delete the save files. I also decided to follow TheChronicR's advice about deleting caches.  Thanks, Chronic, your advice was most timely.

Please note:  If you have the Limited Edition of The Sims Medieval then, when you delete the caches, it will be necessary to re-input the code to unlock the extra throne rooms.

Glad it worked for you. You're welcome. :) And thank you for notifying about the problem with the Limited Edition, I wasn't aware of it.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:19:52 PM »
Thanks for the info - good to know  :)
Huggs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 04:31:44 AM »
You're welcome, Mappam. :)

anything