Author Topic: Stay Away from this Guy in Egypt!  (Read 23091 times)

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
Stay Away from this Guy in Egypt!
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »
Remember me telling you all about my sim that had a son with the Special Merchant in Egypt that she didn't know about? That guy had apparently fathered like 5 kids all from different mothers. Well the current sim I'm playing is now in Egypt and he showed up in town. He's not the Special Merchant this time, but I still think he has less than honorable intentions! His name is Sekhmet Hawas.......so beware of him!!

He started walking over to my sim and this is the balloon that came up over his head. It looks as if it's a want to break up a marriage. (even though my sim isn't married)  I had her teleport away from him right away so they couldn't meet. LOL

Here's a better view....I know it's hard to see, but it's definitely broken rings that he's thinking about.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Stay Away from this Guy in Egypt!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 02:43:29 PM »
I wonder what he's up to... :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:20:34 PM »
He must be the Egyptian playa lol.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 04:02:03 PM »
Must be a hopeless romantic with commitment issues. Reminds me of my heartbreaker and gold digger. I like this guy ;) I actually had to check the wish list on the wikia to see if there was one to ask x sim to break up with y. It's a social interaction, I know, but I couldn't find a wish to do it on the list. I really thought one of my Sims wanted Nancy Landgraab to leave her husband. Maybe it was just me.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 07:52:26 PM »
I don't know what he's up to....but he's just creepy in my opinion. LOL I know that sounds silly, but he's always lurking around trying to hook up with the women. I don't like him.  :D :D

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 01:10:43 AM »
Well, I'll tell you what he's up to...  I noticed my Sims last name changed from St.Parent to Hawas.  Hmmm, no big deal, I thought.  Maybe that was the translation of the French name, I don't know.  So my MARRIED Sim goes home, and she's still called Hawas!  Hmmm, so I have a quick look at her profile.  Erk!  She has an Egyptian SON!!  By this Hawas character!  She didn't go through a pregancy or anything, and I have no idea where my son is, but he's over there somewhere.  Now I wonder if I have to go look for him and take custody!!  Very peculiar....

Phyrie

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 07:07:12 AM »
Phyrie, the EXACT same thing happened to my sim! Problem is, when she went back to Eqypt and found her son, this creepy dude was nowhere to be found...he skipped town. I literally looked everywhere because I wanted her to divorce him! Since she had married that guy, she never got the interaction to marry the guy she was really in love with.

That guy Sekhmet has a hidden agenda for sure! He's out to impregnate and marry all the female sims I think!  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 07:52:49 PM »
How very odd!  Have the developers not addressed this?  As I searched for this topic, I discovered that this same thing has happened a LOT to others!  My Sim is already married to the one she left at home (I find two Sims on vacation too distracting to manage) so I guess she had a ** out of wedlock?  In real life, the boy would have her husband's name, and would legally be his, since they are married when she had him.  Curiouser and curiouser...

Phyrie

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 09:42:37 PM »
Just saying as a precaution for all challenge players : If the challenge requires you to go to Egypt, or you go to Egypt for some reason (to get seeds maybe or fish), play as a guy, unless this guy is heterosexual and marries both girls and guys. Then, I'm not sure what to do. That'd be just  creepy
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 07:05:20 AM »
Good advice jmz. It seems that with this guy, all you have to do is meet him to have a child by him. (that's why I wouldn't let my current sim even meet him....LOL)

I would think that the game developers have to be aware of this. How could be there be ONE guy in Egypt who seems to have the ability to marry and impregnate unknowing sims?  I would think there would have to be some sort of special programming to have that happen over and over again. I bet it is some developer's idea of a joke.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 07:16:06 AM »
I bet it is some developer's idea of a joke.

Even I don't think it's funny, so that's saying something. I mean all of us spend huge amounts of time with our Sims whether it's just personal games or highly competitive challenges, and to have a monkey wrench thrown in like that would just infuriate me. I'm a control freak. I like to micromanage. It gives me a sense of pride when things are running like a well oiled machine. Oh, my god. If that happened to me I'd go absolutely Braveheart on my computer.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 07:43:09 AM »
LOL Metro....it DID infuriate me! Especially since it seemed to change the course of her life. (couldn't get married to the one she really loved)  Now that I'm aware of that guy, I just try to have my female sims steer clear of him so they don't suffer the same fate. It's really weird too because it's as if that guy gravitates toward all the female sims. I've played a couple of different female sims since the one that got pregnant by him, and he always seems to want to come over and talk to them and get to know them. Now that I know his intentions, I just try my best to keep my female sims away from him!

ETA: Maybe I should try a test and allow another female sim to meet him and see if she also gets married and pregnant by him.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 08:07:28 AM »
I mean if EA wants to humorously create this unique Egyptian love machine guy, great. It's funny. But, the consequences aren't funny if you really take your game seriously and have certain expectations of how you'd like things played out. I mean what the heck? Is this EA's idea of some bizarre immaculate conception and Mr. Homewrecker is the god figure? Crazy. This really should not happen. Yes, there should be some chance and unknowns in the game. That's real life. Getting pregnant by this guy who you never had your Sim Woo Hoo with is not cool. Tsk, tsk, EA.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »
I totally agree Metro!  I think I will do a test tonight and take one of my other sims to Egypt and let her actually interact with this guy. Nothing fancy or flirty....just basically the same interaction that my other sim had with him....which was cordial but not overly friendly. Then I'll see what happens and see if any kids show up in her friends panel after a few days.

I'll let you all know :)

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 12:36:17 AM »
Looking forward to hearing your report, Robin.  How does one let EA know that we don't find this amusing (if that was their intent...)?

Phyrie

anything