Author Topic: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETED! (The final chapter)  (Read 255212 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 86: New Love)
« Reply #615 on: October 24, 2011, 09:21:27 PM »
Ellie’s friendship with Lexie continued to grow. They were always having slumber parties, chatting on the phone, and sitting in the backyard at night talking about nothing and everything.

I was hardly surprised to hear that the two girls had started dating. I was happy for my daughter – happy that she’d found someone to love.

The two of them regularly went on dates.
One of their favourite places was the local pool. Ellie always came home bragging that she could hold her breath for way longer than Lexie.

I had to giggle knowing how different our teen dates had been – when I was a teen I’d been breaking into the museum for a date, but although they were still young, Ellie and Lexie knew what love was.

They also spent their nights out in the park. They would sit for hours in each other’s arms watching the night sky change before their eyes.

From what I’d heard, my daughter was quite the romantic, always surprising Lexie with flowers and gifts. I loved to see the two of them together – they symbolised what happiness was about.

Although Ellie now has Lexie to spend all of her time with, she never forgot her parents. She always had time to talk with Nolan and I, and always jumped at the opportunity to spend time with us, even if it was just sitting at home chatting.

She was also getting better at her fitness. She had run over 500km, which I thought was an amazing feat. Even though Nolan attended the gym regularly, Ellie could run circles around him.

I was very content with our life as a family. We were all at a happy place, which was the most important place I could ever be at.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 86: New Love)
« Reply #616 on: October 24, 2011, 09:54:23 PM »
Awww, how sweet...
Also, your grave idea is a really good one. Out of curiosity, how did you go about making the file with those graves? I know that sounds wierd, but I generally suspect everything to be tricky.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 87: Reaching Out)
« Reply #617 on: October 25, 2011, 06:22:13 AM »
Ellie and Lexie were still together, and close as ever.
After all of their hard work at school, they finally had a night to have fun and celebrate – it was time for their prom.

The two of them caught a limo into the school. They were both very eager for the event.

After a long night of dancing, Ellie ended up being crowned Prom Queen! She placed her crown beside the photo of her and Lexie on a shelf in her room.

The next day brought another big event – it was the day I became an elder. I was kind of nervous, as I still had a rank to climb up in work to reach my life time wish, and I’d been finding it hard to get enough gigs at other places to max guitar.

I put the thoughts behind me, and enjoyed my party. After all, this would be the last birthday party I’d be having.

Although I was now an old lady, I didn’t give up the look of a rock star. I still had a dream to achieve, and I needed my look to go with it.

I played my guitar for the guests, as I always had at parties. I put on a smile to cover the nerves that were swelling in my stomach. I wanted to make this so much. I needed to make it – otherwise 7 generations of work would be smashed into pieces.

The next night at work, I worked extremely hard, pushing myself further than I ever had before. I was so determined to at least achieve this part of my requirements. I was so determined to achieve my dream; to become a rock star.

I was ecstatic when my boss approached me after the concert, offering me a promotion. I could hardly speak; I could hardly breathe. I finally felt like maybe I had a chance at this – I finally felt like I wasn’t going to be the one to ruin the entire dynasty and lose all hope of saving Grandma Luna.

I spent the rest of the night playing outside of the theatre. I didn’t care that no-one was there to watch – it was my own celebration.

I’d achieved my life time wish, and only had one more part of my requirements until I could become an immortal. I prayed that I could see it through.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 87: Reaching Out)
« Reply #618 on: October 25, 2011, 06:22:46 AM »
@Deme
I used my previous dynasty file, and killed them all off. Then the graves were in my control - they just went into my other sims inventory.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 86/87: Reaching Out)
« Reply #619 on: October 25, 2011, 10:40:38 AM »
What a nail biter! I'm writing down not to chose guitar as a max skill.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #620 on: October 25, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »
Happy Birthday Amalthea! Congratulations on getting her to max her career. Ellie and Lexie are so cute together!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #621 on: October 25, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
This is getting really tense, but I know you can do it!

...Also, those two are really just too sweet together.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #622 on: October 25, 2011, 06:24:03 PM »
Thanks everyone! I was right on the edge of my seat playing the file. I was so worried.
Also, I think Ellie and Lexie are my favourite couple I've played, followed by Lysi and Cameron, and Luna and Alejandro.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 88: Out of Reach)
« Reply #623 on: October 25, 2011, 06:31:19 PM »
The days had passed since my promotion. I was still happy to have reached my life time wish, but the feeling had slowly been melting into panic. I was aging fast, and I still was lacking a lot of opportunities to play at events.

I looked out over my family. They were so happy.
But they were so old.
Behind their smiles, I knew ages of hard work had worn them down. I felt the guilt rising up as I realised that I might be the end of all their work.

I wiped a tear away from my eye. I had but one choice to fix this.

I picked up my phone and dialled my boss. I could hardly let the words out, as I tried to keep a straight face as to not draw any attention to myself.
I asked him if I could retire.

He was in shock – he knew that all my life, this was all I ever wanted, and I was walking away from it just after it became mine. He reluctantly agreed, and we set up my retirement pension.

I sat by myself out the back of our property. I’d just given up the life that I wanted to live – I’d dropped all my dreams.
But I had to do it.
If I didn’t do it, all the dreams my family had lived for would crumble to pieces. I had to make this sacrifice.

I went down to the basement, and lifted the cover off a few machines that my great-grandmother had bought from France so many centuries ago. They’d never been touched since they’d been brought home.

I set up the Nectar Machines in the back yard. I wondered if I could do this.
Grandma Callisto had more than 400 home-grown grapes that I could use.  I had a moodlet manager. Now I just had to think of 16 different combinations, squish 40 batched of grapes and make 200 bottles of nectar.
I trembled as I thought about it all. Could I do it before death came for me? I hope beyond belief that I could.

With that, I got straight to work. I was already quite old, and could spare no time waiting. I needed to do this. Luckily our maid, Callie, was so supportive of my change in career. It made it easier to begin with a friend by my side.

I stomped the grapes all day, I used the moodlet manager, then I stomped grapes all night.
Then I did it all again.

As I stomped the grapes, I missed my little girl’s adult birthday.

I had to suck it in, and accept that sacrifices needed to be made. I couldn’t let my families hard work be for nothing.
So I kept going.

I kept going and going, and missed Ellie’s graduation.

I kept going and going. I missed Ellie’s first day at work.

But I just had to keep going. I hated that I had missed such important parts of my daughter’s life.
I felt like my heart was sinking for each event that I missed. I prayed that she would see that I was doing this for her. I was doing this for us. I was doing this for our family.
So I kept going. No sleep, no stopping.

It never got easier. It only got harder.
I was coming closer and closer to death. I was losing touch with everyone around me. I had lost sense of time. I was disoriented.
But I just had to keep going.

And just when I thought that it couldn’t get worse, it did….

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 89: The Ultimate Sacrifice)
« Reply #624 on: October 25, 2011, 06:40:32 PM »
As I was stomping my grapes one morning, I got a call. A call that did more than break my heart – it completely tore it apart.
Nolan was dead.

That was the point where I almost gave it up. I almost gave everything up.
I hadn’t seen Nolan in such a long time, as I was sacrificing everything to make sure I didn’t let my family down. And now it was too late. I’d lost the love of my life.

I gripped my chest as I drew shaky breaths in. I felt like I couldn’t cope. I couldn’t see this through.
But then I thought of Nolan. I thought of how he’d feel if I’d given up.
I wiped the tears from my eyes, and got back into the tub of grapes. I had to this. If not for my family, I had to do this for Nolan.

Over the next few days, there was usually someone out in the garden keeping my company. Even if we didn’t talk, it felt so much better just knowing someone was there. It felt so much better knowing that they cared, and they weren’t giving up on me.

But when they weren’t around, I couldn’t help but cry. I’d missed out on so much. I missed Nolan terribly. I wished that I had one more chance to see him – just to say goodbye.

But I had to keep going. Day and night. No sleep, just work, no matter how hard it was. I just had to keep going.

The thought of Nolan pulled me through. I knew this would be what he would want me to do. He would never want to see me give up. I kept him close to my heart, and kept pulling though. Day and night.

After days on end of making nectar, and just trying to keep a grip on life, I realised something. This was my last bunch of grapes. This was my last bottle of nectar.
I started to cry with joy. It was almost over. I’d almost made it.

I crushed the grapes as fast as I could – a race against death. I was so close now.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 88: Out of Reach)
« Reply #625 on: October 25, 2011, 06:42:11 PM »
Good luck! :)
*Crosses fingers*
Formerly Simstar3

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
This doesn't have me on the edge of my seat at all *falls off seat* Nobody saw that! :)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Oooh, such a nail biter!
(But I saw your post on the Immortal Dynasty thread, so....) ;)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Haha, I know - way to ruin the suspense :D
I was just too excited!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
I ran into the house in tears. I was done. I had completed all of my requirements!

Grandma Lysi had already prepared ambrosia for us all, and had it sitting on the table outside. It was finally time.

We sat at the table, ready to eat the ambrosia. I could hardly contain all of my emotions. So much had happened while I had worked to earn this.

As I brought the fork up to my mouth, I felt so overwhelmed. I’d never felt I’d deserved something as much as I deserved this. This was a symbol of all the sacrifices I made, and what they’d mean for my family’s future.

But as I ate, my thoughts turned to Nolan. I could hardly believe he was gone. I could hardly believe that I’d never hear his voice again. I’d never feel his touch again.

In my mind, I thanked him. I thanked him for giving me the perfect life. I thanked him for giving me the perfect daughter. I thanked him for teaching me what true love was.

A smile spread across my face as I looked at my family. They were the most supportive people I could ever imagine. Without them, I would have never come this far. They were worth all the sacrifices I had made.

Just as I took my last bite of ambrosia, a weird feeling took over my body. I rose to my feet, feeling like I was flying.

This was what my life had been leading up to.
I was immortal.

Immortal Seven
Name: Amalthea Moon
Traits: Friendly, Virtuoso, Loves Outdoors, Lucky, Charismatic
Lifetime Wish: Rock Star 
Career: Music
Supermax Skill: Nectar Making
Building: Day Spa
Updated Property: Shark Pool Centre 
Lifetime Rewards: Office Hero, Observant, Attractive
Best Friends: Jeremy Boyles, Torrance Moffett, Vance Kincaid, Dorothy Maurer, Margo Bermudez, Hans Salter
Black Ops: Raise the Fun(d), First Rule of Rock, I Got Your Back Up, Some Hogan Rock, Tons of Tips, In The End
Portraits/Sculptures: Toddler-Elder

Can I just say how lucky I am to have had Nectar Making, and how lucky I was to buy Nectar Machines before WA stopped working in this file. Every single other skill had been maxed. I thought I was done for. I’m so lucky Amalthea stayed alive the whole time!
Never, ever try to supermax guitar for a dynasty!

anything