Author Topic: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETED! (The final chapter)  (Read 256693 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 92: Older by the Minute)
« Reply #645 on: October 28, 2011, 07:23:26 AM »
Yes, she did wish to do that. But then, when it was over, she wished to marry Lexie, which I thought was sweet.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 93: Live to Love)
« Reply #646 on: October 28, 2011, 07:25:26 AM »
After days of obsessing, my mind seemed to calm down. I wasn’t old. I still had a while until I was an elder.

I looked back at all the things I’d done in the time of my mid-life crisis. Most of them were harmless things that I didn’t regret. But one thing sank my heart.
I wondered why I ever thought that breaking up with Lexie would ever make me feeling young again. I still loved her, and still I had when I left her. I missed her terribly.

Once I got home from work that night, after receiving another promotion, I knew that I needed to do something about it. I couldn’t let her out of my life.

I called her up, and she agreed to meet me at my house. I waited anxiously in the garden for her to arrive.

When she arrived, tears welled in my eyes. I apologised to her for all I’d put her through, and told her that I loved her – I always had and I always would.

Lexie said she understood what was going on, and had just been hoping against all hope that it was just a phase.
I felt overwhelmed that she still loved me.  She was absolutely perfect in my eyes.

That night, I held her close, never wanting to let her go. She meant the world to me.

I wasn’t the only one who was caught up in my love life.
Mum had recently been getting to know a man called Jamie. He was very friendly, and had a lot in common with mum. Not too long into their friendship, they’d started dating.

Although it was weird to see mum with another man, I was happy to see that she’d found someone to love again. Someone to cure the hurt from losing dad all those years ago. I welcomed my step-dad Jamie into my life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 92/93: Live to Love)
« Reply #647 on: October 28, 2011, 10:38:19 AM »
Yaay! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #648 on: October 28, 2011, 11:16:45 AM »
Yaaaaay! I'm glad for both of the happy couples.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #649 on: October 28, 2011, 05:25:47 PM »
I'm glad Lexie and Ellie are back together. They are really sweet. It's good that Amalthea has a new love too!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 94: Endless)
« Reply #650 on: October 28, 2011, 11:51:03 PM »
I moved down the hallway, hoping to find someone. Anyone. Any sign of life. But no-one was there.

The house was empty, like a shell. There was no proof that anyone had ever lived here. That was no proof that any of them had ever existed.

I was filled with a sense of dread, which seemed to conflict with the feeling of floating on air. I found myself wishing that I would sink – wishing that I would sink right through the floorboards and seep back into a world where everything was right; where everything was real.
But I couldn’t.

I continued drifting through the house, wishing that my feet would touch the ground. Wishing that I could physically feel anything. Wishing to feel anything at all.
But I couldn’t.

My mind was unable to comprehend what was taking place. I could only feel pain shooting through every inch of me. Not through my body; I couldn't feel my body. I could only feel excruciating pain, getting stronger by the moment.
I wasn’t dead. But I wasn’t alive. I just existed; just me and pain.

I hardly noticed that I had drifted beyond the sanctuary of my home, into the blackness.
The perpetual darkness enveloped me. It crushed my very soul. I tried to scream, but no sound came out. I tried to flail, I tried to kick, I tried to sink, I tried to scream. Nothing. I could do nothing.
I was not in control. It was just me and pain; endless pain contorting my soul, contorting every inch of me.

But I could do nothing but keep floating on, still but tortured.

I couldn't control my movements. The pain had broken me down so much that I could hardly see.
But what I could see was never-ending darkness. I was trapped. Trapped between the cusp of life and death.

The pain became worse and worse. I felt as though my soul was being torn into pieces; like someone has taken a chainsaw through me. I twisted in spasms, unable to control myself.
I wished against all hope that I could fall to the floor and convulse against the cold of the tiles. I wished against all hope to feel numb; feel anything apart from this agonizing pain.

But I couldn’t.
There was no floor. There was no mercy. There was no hope.
I was completely trapped in this everlasting darkness. I was completely trapped in this everlasting pain.

As I realised where I was, I knew that it would never end. The pain would never end.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 94: Endless)
« Reply #651 on: October 29, 2011, 02:12:51 AM »
The Dynasty's over!? :o
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 95: Drawing Near)
« Reply #652 on: October 29, 2011, 07:10:27 AM »
I fell out of my chair, gasping for air. Tears streamed down my face, as I cried uncontrollably.
Mum ran over, and helped me up, bringing me into a hug. She looked worried.

It took me a while to get my bearings. I was in the lounge room. It was real.

I looked at mum, right in the eyes.
“I know what will happen if we fail”.

I couldn’t bring myself to explain the rest. I couldn’t explain the darkness, or the fear.
I couldn’t explain being half-way between life and death, wishing for nothing more than to fall into the clutches of the dead.
I couldn’t find the words to explain an eternity of wishing to escape an unbearable pain that tore through not only your body, but your entire soul.

But Mum didn’t press me any further. She just pulled me close, and held me for a while.

“Ellie, darling, we’ve come this far. We’re almost there. We will make it.”
Her words calmed me down. It had felt so real, but I couldn’t let it get to me. I had to keep moving on.

So that’s what I did.
I decided that I needed to be proactive about climbing the ranks at work, so I asked my boss to come around.
Luckily for me, we were close friends, so after a bit of chatting and a bit of “Hey, do you think I could have a promotion?”, I found myself rising through the ranks at a good speed.

I continued working on my exercise – the fitter I was, the more chance I had of reaching my dreams.

And reaching my dreams is what I did.
Within no time, I was an athletic superstar, and within a few days of that, I was already at the top of my career, considered a sports legend. I felt great.

I was surprised to find that as a sports legend, there were many fans. I was overwhelmed with happiness knowing that my fitness inspired others.
I held autograph sessions up at the stadium, wanting to personally meet all the people that found inspiration in my work.

Though I was surprised that even my boss was ecstatic to receive an autograph from me.

That night, I got home to find Lexie. It would be my last day of being an adult, and she knew that I’d been feeling the anxiety of it all.

I was lucky to have her with me. She comforted me, and we spent the night watching the stars, as we had since we were teens.

It amazed me how big the sky was. It was endless.
I supposed that life was that way too. Forever continuing on.

Once Lexie had gone home, I got changed and headed out to the town. There was one place I wanted to visit.

I arrived at the fire station, and climbed the stairs to the top. It was hard to imagine that this is where it had begun – Grandma Callisto bunking here, wondering how she’d be able to complete a task so big. A task so impossible.

But she had done it. Centuries of work, and it had come to an end. Tomorrow would bring the glory of all the waiting. Tomorrow would bring the end.

I got into one of the beds. It was small and uncomfortable. I tried to imagine life as Grandma Callisto, and as I was lost in my thoughts, I drifted to sleep.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 94/95: Drawing Near)
« Reply #653 on: October 29, 2011, 07:55:17 AM »
Another fabulous update, Alexandria_! Can't wait for the end.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #654 on: October 29, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »
I am so excited for the end! I hope this is going in the HoF! It's a well deserved HoF story.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #655 on: October 29, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »
Wow Alexandria, just astounding how amazing your story telling is.  I can't wait to read the final chapters of the Moons!!
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #656 on: October 29, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »
Thanks so much everyone.
I am so excited to enter the Hall of Fame... not long now!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 96: The Final Day)
« Reply #657 on: October 29, 2011, 09:17:13 PM »
I woke up with butterflies already gnawing at my stomach. Today was the day. Today would bring eight generations of work to an end. Today would bring Grandma Luna out of Hades grip, and back to us. We’d all be together. We’d all be happy.

Lexie was waiting for me at the house. She knew I’d need some extra courage to get me through. Little did she know that just seeing her bright eyes made everything feel better.

I wondered what would happen once I ate my ambrosia. Not in the sense of what would happen to my family, but what would happen to Lexie. Would we still be together? Would we be separated?
I didn’t want to say goodbye to her – I wasn’t ready for that yet.
I held her extra tight, hoping that this wouldn’t be my last chance.

I stood at my cake, looking out at my family and my friends. They’d all brought me to where I was now. I had them to thank for the life that I’d led.

I took a deep breath, and blew out my candles, wishing only that everything would be alright.

Then came the rush: have your make-over, get your portrait, pose for a sculpture, thank all your friends. All of the instructions pretty much meant ‘prepare for the end’.

By the afternoon, everything was set.
I felt so anxious. Almost so anxious that I couldn’t bring myself to go through with it.
My mother and grandmother’s had known what would happen to them – they’d be temporarily immortal. Nothing else in their lives would change.
But my turn brought so much more. It brought the unknown.

As I walked out to the backyard, I was shaking. Mum grabbed my hand and smiled at me. I gave her a half-smile back. It was all I could muster.
Now was the moment.

Offline bekkaruella

• Llama Wrangler
  • Oh no! Don't eat the baby!
« Reply #658 on: October 29, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »
You're almost done!  This is so amazing! :o
God created Pie when He wanted a snack.  Pie was very pretty so lots of cute boys wanted her attention.  Eventually she ended up marrying a Greek god (Erebus) and having a child named Rebekah Ruella Felucia, nicknamed Bekka. <br />Bekka grew older and became the second vampire to exist, and is 9,086,753,423 years old.

PinkPanther

« Reply #659 on: October 29, 2011, 09:46:56 PM »
So close to the end. Can't wait to read the ending.

anything