Author Topic: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETED! (The final chapter)  (Read 255195 times)

PinkPanther

Congratulations on completing your dynasty!
Look forward to reading more.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 100: Erin's Estimate)
« Reply #691 on: October 31, 2011, 05:25:29 AM »
As I read the latest novel released from the book club, I found myself rather distracted. Life was always a mystery, but there are some things we are always sure of. For my family, they were sure that Grandma Luna would appear as soon as there were eight immortals living under the one roof.
It didn’t happen.

For most of my early life, I’d always though it strange to believe in such a thing. It sounded like something I’d write about in my fantasy novels. It never sounded like something that would happen in real life.

Though after I’d had a trip down to the immortal museum and found the hidden chamber, I was much more convinced. I’d thought that the message was from beyond the grave; from Grandma Luna.

But the more that I thought about it, the more I came to realise that I was just thinking what I wanted to think. Grandpa Cameron knew that the chamber existed – it could have easily been a recording he’d placed in the stone in hope that I would carry on the family line. In fact, that seemed a much more logical reason.

I sighed as I turned back a few pages in my book. I’d been reading without taking in the words.
I thought for a moment, and placed the book beside me. I couldn’t read while my mind was so occupied.

I saw Amalthea walking to the stairs of the Immortal Museum. She was alone, as most of us had been in the past days. No one seemed to want to talk. I figured they were all shattered.

I felt guilty to admit it, but I was feeling okay.  Although the whole thing didn’t go according to plan, living the life of an immortal had been an adventure in itself. I didn’t know if anyone else in the world had ever achieved immortality, but the chances of it happening were rare.

I turned to pick my book up once again, and almost jumped in fright. A lady was there, watching me.

“Erinome,” she spoke, warmly.
Her smile seemed as warm as the sunshine. I couldn’t help but smile back at her beautiful face.
“Follow Amalthea down to the Immortal Mueseum. I will be along shortly – I need to tell you something”.

Her warmth was so welcoming. I couldn’t resist making my way to the Immortal Museum quickly – another adventure called.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 101: Mali's Imaginings)
« Reply #692 on: October 31, 2011, 05:29:14 AM »
I stood outside the Town Hall after my last day of work, looking back on my life. I’d spent so many years in the position as the Leader of the Free World, not because I had to, but because I liked it. I liked to help others.

But lately I’d been feeling down. I couldn’t continue in my role as an advocate for others when I couldn’t even help myself.

I looked out over the park. It was a view I saw every day, but never really seemed to notice.
Tears started to roll down my cheek as I stared out to the horizon. I’d lived so many years, but the only thing that truly kept me wanting to be immortal was the thought that in the end I would have helped Grandma Callisto. I would have helped her be reunited with her mother.

It never happened.
I wondered whether I’d been deceived into believing an old tale, hardly worth looking into. Just because immortality was possible, it didn’t mean that we could pull someone back from the grave.

I wiped my tears onto my sleeve and took a deep breath as I saw someone in the corner of my eye. It wasn’t like me to cry, and I certainly didn’t want to be caught crying.

I pulled out a book, and pretended to be busy in hope that they wouldn’t notice my red eyes.
“Mali..?” they spoke quietly.
I was puzzled - only my family called me Mali. It definitely wasn’t the voice of any of my relatives.

As I turned, I was taken aback. A woman was standing beside me. One I’d never met.
There was something about her; odd, strange.

Just as I was deciding to walk away, she reached her hand out, and placed it on my shoulder. It felt oddly calming.
“Your family are in the Immortal Museum waiting for you. There’s some good news.”

I didn't wait to hear who she was, or what she meant. Any opportunity to hear good news was something I wanted to seize straight away. I ran to the car. I needed to get home as soon as possible.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Congratulations on your well-deserved entry in the HoF, Alexandria!  You have created an amazing story!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Thank you so very much, Debbie :)

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
Congrats Alex on completing your dynasty.
I was gone for 3 days and I missed you wrapping up your dynasty
Well done.  :D
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Offline bekkaruella

• Llama Wrangler
  • Oh no! Don't eat the baby!
I am so pumped for this ending!
I'm so excited! ;D
God created Pie when He wanted a snack.  Pie was very pretty so lots of cute boys wanted her attention.  Eventually she ended up marrying a Greek god (Erebus) and having a child named Rebekah Ruella Felucia, nicknamed Bekka. <br />Bekka grew older and became the second vampire to exist, and is 9,086,753,423 years old.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 102: Lysi's Thoughts)
« Reply #697 on: October 31, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
I was in the kitchen mixing up some waffle batter. I was unsure why – it seemed like everyone had given up on eating.
The mood in our house was indeed downhearted, and there seemed to be nothing I could do to change it.

I looked up to the picture on the wall. A picture of Cameron and I engaged in a kiss. I sighed. I missed him dearly. The way he held me; the way he made me feel like I was the only other person in the world.

I pondered the recent events. I guessed we had all expected something grand to happen. That all of a sudden Grandma Luna would appear, thank us all and we’d carry on with our lives as normal.

But honestly, would that be enough for us? What difference would it make to see our Grandmother, only have her to leave straight away. Could we live “normally” after that?
I doubted so.

However, unlike the others, I wasn’t feeling miserable.
I’d lived more than my fair share of lives, but during that time I’d found love, happiness, comfort and fun. After meeting Cameron, life took a turn for me, and I’d lived a life that many would be jealous of.
I couldn’t be upset about Grandma Luna not appearing, because although nothing physical had happened, something emotional had. I was now completely satisfied that my life had been the life I wanted to live.

Just as these thoughts were passing through my mind, I looked to the doorway. There was someone standing there. Someone oddly recognisable.

I dropped the dish in fright. I knew this girl. I’d seen her so many years ago.
Even after all this time, I still wasn’t sure of her intentions; whether she was good or evil.

She reached out her hand, and I instinctively picked up a knife in defense.
“Lysithea, I mean no harm,” she said. Her voice was soothing, soft. It was convincing.
I put down the knife slowly, not wanting to let the woman out of my vision.

“Look out the window. Himalia is going down to the immortal museum. Join her. I will be there shortly. I will answer all the questions you’ve left unanswered, I promise.”
I nodded. Answers where definitely something I wanted.

I left the waffle batter on the counter, and headed outside. I walked over the bridge, and readied myself for the answers I’d find in the immortal museum.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
I was sitting in the courtyard, discussing things with the River Gargoyles. It seemed that they were the only ones open for a talk since Ellie had eaten her ambrosia.

I let them know how I felt. A little lonely. A little indifferent.
I was lonely as the atmosphere in the house was on a down. They’d been expecting something great to happen, and it hadn’t.
I was apathetic because I hadn’t expected much to happen. I’d been laughed at for being insane for centuries, but it was always hard for me to fathom how some distant relative would suddenly come back into the world and we’d all be merry.

Although I was apathetic in that way, I’d always had some doubt towards my thoughts.
Years ago – hundreds of years ago – I’d been possessed. I wasn’t sure who it was. I wasn’t sure what it was. But I was sure it happened.
For that reason, I too had been anxious to see if something would occur when the eighth in our line became immortal.
But nothing did.

I thought back to my childhood; to my times spent with my twin brother Arche. I missed him a lot, but I’d become accustomed to him not being here. I wished I could have seen him one last time though. It’d become lonely without him on this Earth.

I looked up from the table, asking the River Gargoyles what they thought, and almost fell out of my chair. There was a lady sitting in front of me. Watching, waiting.

“I know you!” I shouted. “I know your face!”
I was scared; shaking. She had been there the night of the possession, in the graveyard. It was her.

She watched me, as though waiting for me to become silent. I closed my mouth.
I had seen her once before, but the situation had been different. I associated that night and everything with it as evil, but I had to keep in mind that not all of it was wicked. In fact, I’d been the one who had felt the most evil.

I looked into her pale, shimmering eyes. “What do you want?” I asked cautiously.
“Your descendants are sitting downstairs, in the museum. Join them, I will be along soon.”

I watched her as she slowly moved off, weighing up whether I should go downstairs or not. I decided that there was nothing to lose. I may as well go down there.

I stood and slowly made my way to the stairs. Down to the museum.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Poor Lysi and Leda! They'll get over their losses soon I hope.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 104: Europa's Experience)
« Reply #700 on: November 01, 2011, 02:58:47 AM »
I was in the backyard, fishing for Death fish. Although the Immortal Dynasty was all over now, I still did it out of habit.
Though I wasn’t fishing as much as I was thinking. Thinking about life; how it had all lead to this moment. A moment where I thought our family was to find salvation and happiness.
But the moment had passed, and nothing had happened.

I felt numb from the overwhelming amount of emotions that had been running through me the past days. I was angry. Angry that my mother had forced me on this track; as if it would actually lead to something special. As if it would lead to something life-changing.
I was also upset. Upset that I’d lost so much to get here. I’d never forget those days I lost my father Thornton, my husband James, my sister Cyllene or my son Arche. The days that they died would be etched into my mind forever, and I’d already figured that forever was longer than I cared to live for.

I was concerned. Yes, I was angry at my mother, but I was sensitive enough to take her feelings into account. She didn’t set us all on this path for no reason. She had been grasping onto any hope that we’d be able to save her mother. I couldn’t blame her for that.
I wondered how she was feeling. She had certainly been acting withdrawn. She didn’t want to talk to us about it. I prayed she’d be okay.

As my thoughts played through my mind, I saw something appear across the bridge.
A figure. A girl.

I drew in my line, curious as to what was happening. The girl crossed the bridge, walking my way.

My eyes widened as she got closer. Could it be?
I opened my mouth to talk, but the girl silenced me.
“Go downstairs, into the museum. Wait for me there. I’ll tell you all you need to know then.”

She turned around the corner of the house, leaving me thinking a million things at once. I pulled myself together, and slowly made my way down the museum.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 105: Reunited)
« Reply #701 on: November 01, 2011, 03:03:26 AM »
I was busy fussing around in the garden, trying to hold back the guilt and sorrow that I felt. I’d embarked on this journey towards immortality without a second guess as to whether the back story was true or not.
Even worse, I’d dragged my daughter and grandchildren down the path too. Like me, they’d lived so many years, and lost so many loved ones.
And it’d all come down to this – nothing.

I’d racked my brain desperately, but to no end. There was never any proof that the book and letter came from my mother. I’d never met her, and I couldn’t remember anything of my past. Who says I wasn’t knocked out and left with the book as a joke?
Centuries later, it seemed like the most likely event to have occurred.

I wiped away the tears that had started spilling from my eyes.
How could I have been so silly? What did I think would happen?
One day there’d be eight immortals in the house, then all of a sudden my mum would magically appear and everyone be as happy as ever?
The truth was that I never even gave a thought as to what would happen when we had all reach immortality. But I’d always thought there’d be something.

I walked through the house, looking for someone. Anyone.  I needed company; I was too lost in sadness.
But no-one was about. I checked the lounge, the bedrooms, the kitchen. Absolutely no one.

As I entered my garden again, I grasped my chest in shock.
A ghost.
She floated before me, her hair draped over her shoulders, her pale eyes watching me almost longingly.
I didn’t need time to know who she was. My heart had already told me who.

I pulled her into a tight hug, openly sobbing. “I love you. I love you so much,” I cried onto her shoulder.
“Callisto, my darling daughter, I love you too”.

She brushed the hair back from my face, wiping a tear as she spoke. “I have waited for this moment for so long. So many centuries have passed, and not a moment has gone by when you haven’t been in my thoughts. Although you may be centuries old, you are still my baby daughter. As I hold you now, I’m reminded of the times I cradled you at your crib. You were so tiny; so beautiful. You’re still so beautiful”.

I continued sobbing, feeling every emotion run through my body. I was so happy to have my mother with me, at last. Hundreds of years had passed without her by my side, but now she was here. She was here, holding me close as I wished she could have all of my life.

“Callisto. My darling Callisto. Follow me. Your child and grandchildren are downstairs. I wish to talk to you all.”
She grasped my hand, and we travelled downstairs. We walked through the halls, decorated with pictures of all those we’d loved and lost.

I sat down next to Europa, as she grabbed my hand. I smiled at her; I smiled at all my granddaughters. We had done it.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Huge congratulations on finishing your Dynasty, Alexandria!!

Your story-telling is beautiful and I can't wait to read how things all turn out.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
Congratulations on a grand finish and entry to the HoF. I've been too busy to extend my congratulations. I'm enjoying the wrap up.