Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643827 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1815 on: May 30, 2013, 10:18:24 PM »
Do the days have the proper formats down at the bottom to calculate?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1816 on: May 31, 2013, 03:40:43 PM »
No, it doesn't. It has a space for Days used this gen, and total unused days left. (excluding future allowances)

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1817 on: June 03, 2013, 12:52:19 PM »
Rules Updates:

All content that came with Dragon Valley and the venue "The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire" is approved for the Townie DecaDynasty.     

The Violin skill is not eligible for a Supermax.

The rules for Edit Town have been updated to include the three new venues that allowed to have lot designation changes.   The Community Garden, Dragon Tavern and McCafferty's Pub are all eligible for rezoning.   

Can I place the festival lots made by the Gurus for Monte Vista and Dragon Valley?
 -- Yes.  These are considered official lots.   Please note that the Dragon Valley festival lot needs to be designated a festival ground in order to spawn festivals.   This is the only lot that you can place that is allowed to have it's designation changed.   No other lot placed by you can ever have it's designation changed.

A list of eligible townies is still in the works and will be updated very shortly. done.   You can find the updated list here.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1818 on: June 09, 2013, 04:41:01 AM »
In my dynasty, I have a dog that is currently a puppy, but the game crashes every time he ages to an adult. I raised the issue on the technical board and MoonsAreBlue suggested the dog was bugged and I should put the pet up for adoption and then re-adopt him. Would it be OK if I did that?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1819 on: June 09, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »
In my dynasty, I have a dog that is currently a puppy, but the game crashes every time he ages to an adult. I raised the issue on the technical board and MoonsAreBlue suggested the dog was bugged and I should put the pet up for adoption and then re-adopt him. Would it be OK if I did that?

There is no restrictions on the comings and goings of Pets.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1820 on: June 18, 2013, 01:16:06 PM »
There is a new patch today that includes new features.  Please do not use some of these features in your official dynasty files until they've been vetted.  We have a lot of information coming out in the next two weeks and we want to make sure people's games stay safe.   

The rules state you have to be patched up however so just remember that.  The allowing of content will be updated soon.    If you do choose to download the patch and you have problems, don't forget to tell us so we can hopefully get it all worked out and keep your abilities to be in HOF and keep the families alive.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1821 on: June 21, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »
Decisions regarding Patch 1.55 Features:

The main features we are going over is in regards to: Moving Towns, Private Lot Purchases and New abilities to place Lots.

In regards to placing lots:    Yes it's cool we can now place lots over water.  However,  Players have never been able to place an empty lot just to place one and still cannot.   This part of Edit Town is never going to change.   If you place a lot, it needs to have a purpose and a venue put on top of it.  Otherwise, don't place the empty lot.

In regards to moving towns:  Townie DecaDynasties are allowed to change town twice to help reduce file size and fix glitches.  While at this time it is not certain if this type of move will fix glitches, we do know it can reduce file size.  This is now the preferred way to move in the Townie DecaDynasty.    The exact procedure for this will be explained in detail and posted as soon as all the kinks are figured out later this afternoon.    If you need to move prior these rules, contact me via PM and we'll talk.  I'm available for most of the afternoon/evening.

In regards to purchasing private lots/additional homes:   Townie Decadynasties are not allowed to purchase private lots or additional homes.  The whole purpose of this dynasty is to move into townie homes.  Townies cannot move into homes if the player has them purchased.  We feel this feature goes against the spirit of the challenge. 

Instructions for Moving Town

A player is given the ability to change town twice through the entire decadynasty in an effort to avoid large file sizes and to cure technical difficulties.  Use these two moves at your discretion but also with caution as you only get the two and moving too early may cause your final file size to still be very large.    With the new ability to move within your game, the challenge team prefers this method of moving town to all others.   Only with permission can a player use the edit town way to move after today (June 21st, 2013). 

A move to a new town can only happen after an heir has made the move to a new townie family either through being asked to move or through marriage.   As soon as the move is complete, this is when the heir will kick out any banned life states and then make the call to move to a new town.  You can bring tombstones if you wish as long as they weren't the ones that fulfilled the moving requirement.  Those must remain.  Nothing else is allowed to come with you to the new town.

The only things your heir is allowed to take is the LTRs that they purchased themselves.  So you will choose to sell the furniture.  Please at this time do a save and make sure to save it as a different name just in case.  When you are finally done with the loading screen, choose an empty townie home (not an empty lot).  This house is where the family will live until your next heir finishes his/her requirements.   

Please note that the next heir cannot be conceived until the move is final.  When doing this type of move, players can place the family and then go into Edit Town to add the town's missing lots.   This is your only time to add a lot other than the moment you get a new venue that you wish to be placed.  The chance to do this is a one time only thing.  If you forget to place lots, there's nothing we can do for you.  You cannot go back to a previous save, you cannot go into Edit Town. 

No options can be changed when you make the move.  All weather, story progression, lunar phases must be kept exactly the same throughout the entire dynasty. 

If you can think of anything else that needs to be addressed, please let me know so that I can add it to this post if it's something important.   Thank you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1822 on: June 23, 2013, 07:28:52 AM »
I'm refreshing my memory of the rules and learning the changes since I've played my DecaDynasty.  I have a question about this:

Qualified Item List — Criminal career objects taken home, Career reward objects (culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, Fox statue, etc), celebrity freebies in family inventory, wedding presents, field trip souvenirs, Stolen Items by a Sim (not rabbit hole steals), afterschool activity trophies, time travel items, paintings, photos, elixirs, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, turtles, lizards, rodents, birds, snakes, fireflies, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, wildflowers, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), skill certificates, plants, fancy festival eggs, samples from the science skill, street art and any harvestables from Omni Plants.

Street art is allowed as the 10 objects we can leave behind when the founder moves out?  Does this mean we just have to do street art murals and tags around town, then count their value?  Or do they have to be done on the home lot to count?

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1823 on: June 23, 2013, 01:00:36 PM »
You can do street art at your own home.   The 10 items have to be left behind at the house you're leaving so they would need to be done there as there is no way to move a mural from another location to the house.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1824 on: June 24, 2013, 06:54:29 AM »
When will the update for Island Paradise come out, I want to start the challenge in Isla Paradiso as soon as possible
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1825 on: June 24, 2013, 07:26:39 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, butterfly!
As always, the process of checking out a new expansion pack will take time. The Challenge Board Team does a thorough job and they do it as fast as they possibly can so that everyone can get on with the challenges. Please have patience. Thank you.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1826 on: June 24, 2013, 07:59:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum butterfly.   Island Paradise isn't even released so how can we update the challenges?

Speaking of which:

All Players are asked to not try anything in an existing dynasty file or start any games with content from Island Paradise (skills, town, life state, some objects) until it's been approved by the the challenge team.   We will try to gather as much information as possible and test it thoroughly.   Take this time to go explore the new content without any restrictions in a non dynasty file and if you come across anything we should know about - contact the team via PM.

Thank you everyone for being patient with us as we juggle the challenges, new content and of course real life.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1827 on: June 25, 2013, 06:26:12 AM »
Thank you for you replies, I' m new here so I'm not very familiar with the drill. Sorry :/
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Rosa T

• Nooboo
« Reply #1828 on: June 27, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »
I'm refreshing my memory of the rules and learning the changes since I've played my DecaDynasty.  I have a question about this:

Street art is allowed as the 10 objects we can leave behind when the founder moves out?  Does this mean we just have to do street art murals and tags around town, then count their value?  Or do they have to be done on the home lot to count?

Now i think i have to refresh my memory.

Offline leglamp

• Nooboo
« Reply #1829 on: July 03, 2013, 04:41:07 PM »
I'm so sorry if these has been asked already, or have an obvious answer, but searching has failed me:

1. Is it okay to disable Vampires, Fairies, Werewolves from the Game Options at the onset? (And leave Ghosts and Witches in?)
2. If/when I need to move towns due to save-game bloat, it is still okay to add EA Created buildings/lots before the family moves into the new house, right?
3. Can the 10 collection items be turned into gold to add value with the Midas Touch?

anything