Author Topic: Community Lot- Kleptos Anonymous  (Read 5021 times)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Community Lot- Kleptos Anonymous
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »
Kleptos Anonymous
Lot Size:30x30
Lot Type: Visitors Allowed
EPs: AMB, no stuff packs
This building, funded by Sunset Valley police department, is built for Kleptos Anonymous Group meetings and the occasional SWAP meeting.

The foyer has a desk, where the receptionist can give you a meeting schedule or direct you to the bathroom down the hall. The TV room is for watching videos created by sims who have learned to control their klepto urges, and want to help you. The back room is for Klepto stories, of how kleptomania has changed your life. The front room is for SWAP meetings. The side room is where you meet with the Boss, and decide which program is best for you and how long you should be involved in the program.

Extra Info: This lot was built very plain, so those Klepto urges can be kept at bay.
                 Windows are small and kept at minimum, to keep everybody anonymous.
                 For those who don't know what SWAP is, it's Sims With Awful Personalities. SWAP makes an appearance in several of Schipperke's stories. :)

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: Community Lot- Kleptos Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:41:38 PM »
This a funny idea, I'm assuming it is a satire of Alcoholics Anonymous? The interior is fairly good, perhaps an evil hints of red would make it a little better. The exterior could do with being grittier (such as a chain link fence surrounding the perimeter and brown brick walls) and I think you should lose the glass fence on top of the roof. Perhaps vary up the shape of the building a little to make it more bold and bring life to it. The front door is a good choice, although I think normal windows with blinds would be much better. Those little windows makes the building look like the HQ of the Bathroom Appreciation Society. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:00:56 PM »
It's supposed to be bland and boring, so nobody wants to steal anything.
The glass fence gives gives the roof some shape.
And yes, it's a Sims version of alcoholics anonymous. ;)

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »
Well perhaps making the lighting a dim red would be good. The only thing I don't quite like in the place is the desk. It seems too nice. Hmm... you know what would be funny, since it's a sim version of AA but for kleptos? Making the receptionist's "desk" a cheap bar with a chair behind it. But maybe that's just my warped sense of humour talking. ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 02:17:41 AM »
I'm really liking this build. Fantastic! Star, you forgot to put the download link. :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 03:51:07 AM »
I love it and wouldn't change a thing.  It's SUPPOSED to be very vanilla, yet bright and uplifting, unlike the dark, wee hours where kleptos lurk and do their evil thing.  I love the SWAP meeting idea!  Very funny and well done.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 01:04:04 PM »
Oh gosh, the download link! :o
-hurries off-
There, crisis averted lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »
This is hilarious! Brilliant idea. Is it just the base game that it needs?

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 01:10:56 PM »
Gaah, another thing I forgot to put!
It only requires the base game and Ambitions.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »
Oooh, that's perfect! Downloading when I get my sims laptop in a few hours. :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 06:39:29 PM »
I've never downloaded a house, but I believe that's about to change.  A meeting place for SWAP groups, and Kleptos Anonymous!  Perfect, just perfect.  I love the way you've made it.  The small, high privacy windows are just the thing.  Very original idea, TallStar.  Thanks for sharing it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 07:22:01 PM »
I re-attached the download link, I heard some people was having problems downloading?
If they continue, just say so and I'll do a re-upload.

Sportsfan

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »
When I saw the title, I thought it would be a lot fueled of cars for kleptomaniacs to steal. As it turns out, it this is even funnier!