Author Topic: New CAS Features You'd Like To See  (Read 10449 times)

CarlosLordofTacos

New CAS Features You'd Like To See
« on: June 23, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »
With the introduction of muscle tone and a breast slider in Late Night, and body hair in Generations, CAS has improved. Perhaps this will be an on going pattern, what new CAS features would you like, or predict?

I would like percentage boxes (like there is for colours) for the options in Basics. It's annoying to find a tone or body shape that you want to recreate in other sims, but struggle to do so.

Also, more customisation for eyebrows, there isn't much variety and that just doesn't fit in with the theme of endless possiblities.

Finally, a buttocks sliders for females. Sometimes it looks too big on a slender framed sim women (unless of course, you make them size zero but that isn't exactly a natural build nor does it look like it!) or too small on otherwise curvy athletes.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New CAS Features You'd Like To See
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »
I've always wished we could adjust the height of our Sims.  Two other things I'd like are to be able to make narrower heads and to give my Sims dimples in the cheeks or chin.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »
Well for height, teen size could be adult short without too much trouble for the developers, but tall could possibly pose a problem, with the height of doors and what not. (Although it would be amusing to see tall folks hit their head on the top of the door frames!)

Legacy11

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »
I agree with Schipperke.  We absolutely need height sliders!

My boyfriend is 4'11" while I'm 5'8".  So our characters in the Sims have never seemed realistic.  I wish a future expansion pack would add height adjustments to CAS.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 07:07:27 PM »
I would really like to see body piercings (eyebrows, bellybutton, nose, lip rings: monroe, snakebites etc) and more ear piercing options (cartilage, double pierced, triple pierced). In real life, I have double pierced ears, and a nose piercing, so I find it rather unfair that my virtual people can't have body piercings (other than ears) too.

Also, I do agree with the height. It's a little weird that our female Sims with high heels and wedges are still the same height wearing them, as they are barefoot. Also, how about finger and toenail polish for our female Sims too.

I think teens should have tattoos too.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 10:35:13 PM »
I would love to see height added, as so many others have mentioned.  I would say it's impossible, but so were a few of the items (like the seamless neighborhood) that we've gotten with Sims 3, until they went and made them possible.

I agree with Jeanamarie about the piercings, too.  No, I wouldn't put them on most sims, but there are those who would have a dozen.  If we have tattoos, why not piercings?  TS2 had oodles.

I love the random namer that came in TSM.  I wish we could get something like that for TS3, just for kicks.  I'd use it all the time.

More normal everything, less weird everything.  This particularly applies to clothes.  I don't need lacy garters in my game, or, one is enough, at any rate.  The variety in normal clothing is vast.  I wish they would represent more of that and focus less on the odd themed items.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 08:27:14 PM »
I would like to adjust height, too. They would have to adjust it so females and males won't be kissing each other's chests!

I wish piercings would come back from Sims 2. They made the women look "tougher".

I would also like to see more maternity wear clothing. I would like them to wear hot shorts (the really short shorts), tube tops, skinny jeans, etc. so they wouldn't be so ugly when preggers.

I wish we could change the nooboo blankets! I know that some people have CC blankets, but I don't really trust it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 08:50:56 PM »
Oh, good call, sydney511!  How about clothes for babies?  Any clothes, period.  A simple onesie would do.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »
I agree all the way with jeanamariex3. I would love piercings. I would also like to see a way to adjust cheekbones. I know it weird.  ::)
And I would like um, I don't know, but something more punk? Punk makeup xD. Specially eyeliner. And more options for lip gloss. But I mainly agree on with CarlosLordofTacos about "the buttocks sliders for females. Sometimes it looks too big on a slender framed sim women (unless of course, you make them size zero but that isn't exactly a natural build nor does it look like it!) or too small on otherwise curvy athletes."
That's what I want to see soon. At least on a patch.
You know how you do highlights and they are all over the place? I think we need an option to make a streak, one simple highlight. And if we could make each one a different color. That would be awesome.
Just my 2 cents.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »
I completely agree with everyone about the piercings. I probably should of put that on my first post, but I didn't think of it at the time. In fact, I'd like a lot of these changes that you are suggesting. Perhaps if this thread gets big enough we could e-mail EA about it?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 01:16:04 PM »
I need werewolves.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »
I have heard werewolves will come with pets, which wouldn't surprise me as that is what they came with for the Sims 2 and vampires came with Late Night and Night Life for Sims 2. Also, full baldness would be nice.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 01:32:01 PM »
Nails. I need nails. Like, being able to paint them and such, and do actual manicures. I just need nails on my sims.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »
I thought of another: it would be great to change make-up by outfit, like with hair.  Who wears eye liner in the pool?

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »
I thought of another: it would be great to change make-up by outfit, like with hair.  Who wears eye liner in the pool?

Maybe it's waterproof, lol?

anything