Author Topic: The Happy Person Mental Institution- Asylum Challenge (FINISHED)  (Read 17583 times)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
~Introduction~
How could they do this to me? ME?!? How? Could? They?!?
Happy Person Mental Institution. Pfft, do I look happy to you?

Sorry let me introduce myself. My name is Addison Hendricks. I'm such a loser, and according to them I'm insane too! Things never work out right for me, I'm so unlucky and I get really neurotic when I'm nervous. But I'm friendly, isn't that a good thing? But to them I'll never be Leader of The Free World, it's my biggest dream.
And now I'm in Riverview.I came here once, during the summer when I was a little kid to visit my grandparents. But things are different now. For one, my grandparents are dead. And I came here to be in the Happy Person Mental Institution!
See, it all started a month ago. My parents, they died a while ago in a fire I started (on accident of course). I had to live on my own, and I'd like to say I was fine but I wasn't. I kept losing jobs because of my mistakes, and eventually a therapist came to my house. He did all these weird tests, declared me crazy, and with the little money I had I was forced to go the Institution. It's the only one I could afford, and the doctor recommended it. Then again, that could just be because the people here have no chance of leaving. Oh, what am I gonna do?!?

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: The Happy Person Mental Institution- Asylum Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 07:43:06 PM »
~Week 1~
It's not too bad on the outside, but believe me the inside is a disaster!

3 of us, Danielle, Clark and I were declared healthy enough to go get jobs. I chose my dream job, in politics!
But right now I'm at the very bottom. Oh well, not like I'll make much progress anyway.

Being somewhat mentally stable (or one of the "healthy ones") I'm allowed to leave the asylum once in a while for three things: work, grocery store, and book store. I might be going to these places often, I can't stand being in that terrible place for too long!

Oh I so hate it here!
But I can be friends with some of these people, cause like me they just have nowhere else to go.

But I'm still calling dibbs on the bed at the end of the room, by the window far from everyone else. We can be friends, but not that kind of friends!
I was lucky to get some time to shower the next morning, 8 people 1 bathroom does not work!

This girl used to be a celebrity. Poor thing I bet she really hates it here, cause she does seem like a glamorous kind of person.

Anyway, first day of work!

This bill is for utilities and such. Ughh, who's been abusing the air conditioner we can't afford this!!

OMG a promotion!! I'm so happy I could fly!

Every penny is important, we gotta buy more groceries. I can't tell you how much food we burn or leave out to spoil.

This guy is so nice! And he doesn't think I'm crazy!
Yet.

Everybody alsways breaks things, and I have to fix them! The Institution won't buy new ones, that's how run-down this place is.

FIRE!! OMG how did this happen!

I was really late to work, and almost the entire kitchen needed replaced. Insurance couldn't even cover half of it!!

Oh, this first week has been terrible! I'm so exhausted. I hope things fare better next week?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 07:46:14 PM »
I want to do one of these. Do you have a link to the challenge rules?

Sportsfan

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
Google "sims 3 asylum challenge". It's the first result.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 07:52:19 PM »
Thanks. Google is my friend.  :D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 08:25:36 PM »
This is awesome! I like this challenge. :D Can't wait to read more!!

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 08:56:33 PM »
~Week 2~
[/b]
That guy I met last week, Sherman, is super awesome! We see each other all the time.

I think we started falling for each other. But you got to admit, we're pretty cute together.

When I get to see him, it's like my escape. During the week, I get up early just to get a chance to shower without being interrupted. Then I go to work. After 7 grueling hours, I come home to more work! A broken tv, a leaking shower, puddles all over the floor (puddles of what? you do not want to know..), and dishes everywhere because the sink broke too!

There's fires all of the time too!

(There were 2 this week)
I much rather be here.

I eventually had to tell him why I could barely see him, and whenever I did it had to be in a certain place for a very short time.
And of course, why I'm in a mental institute. Cause I'm crazy.

He doesn't care. Yay!
I had to get out of that place. Whatever it takes. Not just for Sherman, but for the friends I left behind. And for me, too, because I don't want to be babysitter at a mental health facility for all of eternity.

I told Gabby of my plans. She said she was happy for me, and would love to come too but knew she never could. I just might miss these people.
Might.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 06:23:08 AM »
I checked out this challenge and it looks very intriguing. I might do one after I finish a story of mine (not soon). Good luck with yours Star, so far so good.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »
~Meeting The Inmates~

*Note: Due To Challenge Rules All Inmates Have The Traits- Hates The Outdoors, Absent Minded, Insane. I will only list the other two. Also, they all have 2 or 3 celebrity stars.*

Gabrielle McRoy
Hot Headed, Evil
LTW:Private Museum
Therapy Notes: Daughter of a Jewel Thief, raised by grandparents. From Twinbrook. Extremely unstable, approach with caution.

Manny Kendall
Flirty, Great Kisser
LTW: Heatbreaker
TN: Womanizer from Sunset Valley. Addiction to nectar drove him bonkers.

Cynthia Mandez
Flirty, Commitment Issues
LTW: Master Romancer
TN: Major celebrity from Bridgeport. Long forgotten due to many scandals and rumors, parents disowned her.

Tyler Nichols
Great Kisser, Good
LTW: Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers
TN: Artist from Hidden Spings. Has good chance of recovery, if he stopped believing in the "Fountain of Youth and the green forest people".

Danielle Jackson
Unflirty, Bookworm
LTW: Star News Anchor
TN: Unpublished author from Barnacle Bay. May recover if she stopped isolating herself. Was stable enough to get job. (Journalism level 3)

Clark Hensen
Inappropriate, Clumsy
LTW: Creature Robot Cross Breeder
TN: Son of Twinbrook scientist. Insane due to testing too many substances on hisself. Was stable enought to et job. (Science level 2)

Jonathon Gregory
Mean Spirited, Snob
LTW: Gold Digger
TN: Poor boy from Barnacle Bay. Wants to be rich one day. Endured a lot of teasing during his school years.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »
~Week 3~

This happens much too often.
Look what happened while I was at work!

That man had just given me a campaign donation yesterday.
But that's not the only thing that happened while I was at work...

(This is when I had to bend the rules a little. 3 people caught on fire, so I controlled them to put themselves out and then put the fire out.)
Insurance only covers so much people!!

Sometimes I just wanna relax with a book. Get away from all the crazy.

But not right now, I'm governor! So close, so close...
(Or is she Vice Presdident? Gahh, I can't remember!)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 09:20:08 AM »
Yey for Addison almost reaching the top! :D I must say, I adore that sparkly swimsuit.. Awesome update!

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
All of her outfits are in the Swap Shop.

imaGleek

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »
I have Addisons hair, and I coulld never get it to look right on any of my sims, But you made her totally pull it off!  :D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 05:07:03 PM »
I just want to note that Addison has that mysterious 'insane' look which I totally love, everything about her is so suiting the asylum theme I totally love this. Well done. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 09:28:46 PM »
Announcement
My stories my not be updated as much for awhile because school started this week and I finally got my laptop working again!  :D I'm moving all of my stories to the laptop soon, but no matter how quick I do that I still don't know when I can update my legacy again. The asylum challenge will be updated soon, because I have a few updates ready for that and I will recreate my Life After Jared file so I can get some screenies for that. I might not be on for a few days, I have a busy schedule.
Till next time, happy simming!

anything