Author Topic: The Building Contests 2011/2012- Rules and Instructions  (Read 25723 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Building Contests 2011/2012- Rules and Instructions
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:28:06 PM »

The Building Contests give you the chance to show the forum what you can do. The chance to put your work up against other builders in a friendly competition to create the best entry for the task, whilst you take up the challenge you will find yourself experiencing new styles, themes and ways of building and learn as you practice your skills more and more. Each task will be different, it's up to you to create the stand out entry and win the votes of the forum! Let the contests begin!

General Contest Rules:

• Third Party Custom Content is banned from the Contest, as it is on the Forum.
  • Custom Made Patterns (CAP) are banned due to not displaying properly in some games.
  • Use of all Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs are allowed, unless stated otherwise. (If new Content becomes available during a Contest you may not use it.)
  • Only FREE Store Items are allowed, the Items must be free during the time that the Contest is running and the poll is open.
    • Registration Rewards are allowed. Any promotional Content is banned, such as the T-Mobile Items or the Dr. Pepper Items.
    • Once a Store World becomes available in Retail Stores it's content may be used may be used. At this moment only Barnacle Bay and Hidden Springs are available in Stores.
    • You may still take screenshots and build in any Store Worlds as long as none of the content from them is used.
  • You may not start building your entry until it has reached the time stated in the Contest Post, early starting will result in disqualification.
  • No Comments of any sort are allowed in the Contest Threads whilst the Contest is running, anyone who does comment will find their post removed. Once Voting ends you will be allowed to comment and give Constructive Feedback.
  • Do not announce who you voted for anywhere on the forum, doing so will result in your post being removed or edited.
  • Rudeness is not tolerated towards anyone else’s Entries or Comments, it will be reported to an Administrator.

Entry Rules:

• Any entry must be built by yourself, and built freshly for the Contest, on your own with no help or advice from anyone else, including in the Showboat Thread.
  • A Maximum of 10 Screenshots from in the game are allowed. If you edit two images into one it counts as two. You may not link to any Image Hosting Websites which contain more images, the 10 Screenshots is not just to keep Image numbers down, it adds to the challenge. It is also a forum rule.
  • Only 1 Entry is allowed per person, per Contest.
  • All entries must be built in an EA Created World*. This includes Store Worlds such as Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs, Riverview etc. If you are forced to play a Smaller Custom World for technical issues please PM samoht04.
    • Union Cove is allowed due to it being a Forum Created World.
  • Once your entry is submitted changes are not allowed unless extenuating circumstances arise and samoht04 or Lilygirl are made aware through PM. They will then make the decision about allowing/disallowing changes.
  • You must make sure that you have completed all of the Specifications, anything Optional will be stated and you do not have to complete those.
  • Live Mode is banned, all building and decorating must be done using Buy Mode, Build Mode or Buydebug. (You may use Live Mode to Play test and Take Screenshots.)
  • Edit the Details of your Lot to include a Name and a Description, using Edit Town.
  • You should Lock your Download Thread when you Post it, if you do not know how it will be done for you.

Cheats and Modifications:

• These cheats may be used, all others are banned.
    • buydebug  - "How to use Buydebug"
    • constrainfloorelevation true/false
    • moveobjects on/off
    • placeFriezes on
  • You may enter the Contests if you do use Mods as long as: They do not add an advantage and their effects do not transfer with the Lot.

How the Contests work:

There are currently two types of Contest both independent of each other. The Original Contests are two weeks long, they normally start on a Friday and end two weeks later on a Thursday. These Contests are mainly organised, run and created by samoht04. The newer Contests started at the beginning of 2012 and are a month long, they begin at the start of each month and end at the end of each month, they are slightly more demanding and tend to be on a larger scale. These Contests are mainly organised, run and created by Lilygirl.

How to enter the Contests:

Read the Contest Tutorials Thread on how to enter the contests.

Contests:

Follow this Link for the List of All Completed Contests.

If you have any Contest Ideas or Questions then please PM both samoht04 and Lilygirl.

Last Update: Nov 10 - Store Worlds.[/list]
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
Re: The Building Contests - Rules and Instructions
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 12:34:47 PM »
Woo hoo! This sounds great! I can not wait to participate  ::) One thing though, when you say "all entries must be posted to the contest thread", do you mean put a link here to the swap shop which has the pictures, download link, description, etc etc? Or do you want everything here, a link to swap shop, and everything there that we posted here again? Sorry for my (probably trivial) question  :-[
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »
Each contest will have a seperate Thread, you post your entries in that thread with a link to the page on the Swap Shop, the post in the Swap Shop and on the thread for that current Contest can be exactly the same. Does that make sense?

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 12:39:15 PM »
Each contest will have a seperate Thread, you post your entries in that thread with a link to the page on the Swap Shop, the post in the Swap Shop and on the thread for that current Contest can be exactly the same. Does that make sense?

Yep. Thanks for the clarification. I sent you a PM on my crude idea of what the first contest could be  :)

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »
Yep. Thanks for the clarification. I sent you a PM on my crude idea of what the first contest could be  :)

You're welcome and I'm glad that made sense.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »
Sorry for posting so much :-[ but when is the first contest going to be?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »
Either later today or tomorrow.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »
Great idea! This sounds like a lot of fun and I can't wait to participate.  Looking forward to the first contest. :D

Sportsfan

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 01:35:11 PM »
The rules look great!
My only question is: is everyone eligible to win? Meaning: are you? I was just wondering because I'm thinking yes because the winner is determined by a vote (right?).

imaGleek

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »
Yay! this sounds really exciting!

What does the winner get, bragging rights? :P

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 01:41:18 PM »
My only question is: is everyone eligible to win? Meaning: are you? I was just wondering because I'm thinking yes because the winner is determined by a vote (right?).

Yes, as you said about the Winner being determined by a Public Vote, so everyone can join the Contests, even if Lily and I know what the Contests are going to be we can still take part and we will follow the rules exactly the same and start at the same time that you do.  :)

What does the winner get, bragging rights? :P

Yeah, bragging rights are good though.  ;)

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »
Awesome waited for this for so long, Can't wait for the contest to start :)
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 02:36:34 PM »
Awesome waited for this for so long, Can't wait for the contest to start :)

Lol, I hope you enjoy it.  :) Won't be long now, I hope.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 04:46:58 PM »
I sure hope it's posted today  ;D So I can use my weekend on it! Samoht cannot wait to participate!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 05:37:45 PM »
Building Contest 1 - A Town House has been posted! You have until Friday the 9th of September to upload your entry for this Contest!

anything