Author Topic: At Home With Chuckles - It's here! Orbital Planes  (Read 26322 times)

Chuckles_82

At Home With Chuckles - It's here! Orbital Planes
« on: September 19, 2011, 11:54:05 PM »
Hello everyone and welcome to my home. Homes. I will upload my creations here. Have fun with all of my builds, and if you use something I've created in an upload please credit me.

I have a lot of store content, but will use it sparingly (or create a store-free version), and not at all for competition-builds.

Index
NamePrice Furnished     BedsStore Content
The Better Home and Garden      $38,2271xdoubleLeaftastic (free)
La Maison de Plage$99,7421xdouble, 2xsingle     Leaftastic (free), New Years Nectar (free)
The Chetwin$69,757     1xdouble, 2xsingleTopper (free)
The Ammaranth$69,0771xdouble, 1xsingle, 1xcot     Love In Darkness (free), Leaftastic (free)
Your Quarters, Dr Rush$38,4441xdoubleLots, see individual post
Space Pod$42,9911xdoubleNone
Zenadu$79,9631xdoubleLeaftastic(free)
Small Modern Townhouse$98,5141xdoubleLots, see individual post
Modern Living Starter Apartment     $15,9801xdoubleA few, see individual post
Pally's Modern Mini$32,9901xdouble Bookshelf of the East From South Sea Imports (free when you register WA)
76 Gunther Goth Hwy$18,3891xdoubleNone
Orbital Planes§228,9581xdouble, 4x singlelots - see individual post

Suggestions, requests and positive feedback are all welcome :)

Chuckles_82

Re: At Home With Chuckles
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 12:18:20 AM »
Without further ado, may I present the first addition to this collection, (though not the first of my creations):

The Better Home and Garden

Price Furnished: $38, 227
Price Unfurnished: $26, 214
Lot Size: 15x20
Description: This 2-bedroom would-be starter house has a cottage feel, with a fresh, modern look. Featuring a quiet, tranquil garden area to relax in, this home is perfect for any sim who loves the outdoors! Even the indoor decor brings a bit of the outdoors in, with plenty of green leafy plants to keep your outdoorsy sim feeling at one with nature.
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some free store content: Leaftastic (plant)

The story of this creation: I was getting my hair done, and reading, wonder of wonders, a current magazine - Better Homes and Gardens. I chuckled to myself as I looked at some of the furniture they had used, realising that I have some of the exact same items in sims. The decor and garden in this house are inspired by some of the creations show-cased in the magazine (which I went out and bought after my hair was done lol).

I had set out to build a starter home, and the floor plan is one which I regularly use for a starter home, and easily adaptable. However, my creative streak took over, and well, it is no longer in the price range for a starter home.

View from top/front

Kitchen with breakfast bar

Living Room

Master Bedroom

Bathroom

Second Bedroom

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 01:02:08 AM »
La Maison de Plage

Price: $99,742
Lot Size: 40x40
Reccommended placement: On the hill above the middle of the beach where Recurve Strand is.
Description: Overlooking your own quiet, personal beach-cove, this magnificent luxury beach house has oodles of room for entertaining. Luxury additions include a large pool, indoor bar, downstairs entertaining area, study, and self-contained butler's unit. Relax in the sunshine, or swim right up to the edge of the pool and look out at the sea!
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some free store content: Leaftastic (plant), New Years Nectar

View from front

View from back

Upstairs floor plan

Dining and Kitchen

Bar

Master Bedroom

Bedroom 2

Living Room and Entertaining Area

Study

Butler's Self-contained Unit

Download link: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6787.0

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 01:03:55 AM »
The Chetwin

Price Furnished: $69,757
Price Unfurnished: $55,951
Lot Size: 30x30
Description: This newly renovated older style townhouse is perfect for rasing a family. It Features 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, ensuit to main, cosy wood fire and a single garage. There's even a treehouse out the back for the kids!
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some free store content: Topper (plant)

View from street

Backyard

Living Room

Dining Room

Kitchen - pictures really couldn't do this spacious modern kitchen justice.

Downstairs bathroom

Master Bedroom

Bedrooms 2 and 3

Floor plan downstairs

Floor plan upstairs

Download link: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6666.0

Chuckles_82

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 01:06:51 AM »
The Ammaranth

Price Furnished: $69, 077
Price Unfurnished: $55,695
Lot Size: 30x30
Description:A stylish modern townhouse, fully furnished throughut. 3 Bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms, single garage, partly decorated.
Drown out the harsh city noises with the peaceful sound of water falling, or simply complement the serenity of the countryside.
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), some free store content: Love in Darkness (picture), Leaftastic (plant)

Additional info: This is my very first upload, so fingers crossed that it works, and I have managed to avoid all my non-free store content! (I went round checking everything with the eyedropper tool) Fully play-tested (after saving).

Front

Back

Living Room

Bathroom

Master Bedroom

Kitchen and Dining

Bedroom 2

Bedroom 3

Floor Plan

Download Link: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6626.0

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 06:02:46 AM »
On the La Maison de Plage, I'm guessing that I need to place a lot using the World Editor?  Did it automatically make the steep cliff side for you or did you do that when building the house?  It's beautiful, by the way.  I love the soft colors and natural light.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 06:49:57 AM »
Wow, thankyou Pam :D

Part of the slope was there - I deliberately chose that spot for the slope, and the rest formed up as I built on it. You do indeed need to place the lot with the world editor. I find the 'soften terrain' tool very useful once it's placed to get it to sit right.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »
Am I being paranoid, or does the kitchen in the top house have some custom content? (Plant, painting)
On a happier note, those are some nice builds  :)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

imaGleek

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 09:25:54 AM »
Am I being paranoid, or does the kitchen in the top house have some custom content? (Plant, painting)
On a happier note, those are some nice builds  :)

'I've never seen the painting but I'm like 100% sure the plant came with OLS.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
I don't think there's any CC. The picture of the flower is from World Adventures, and the little wheatgrass planter comes with Late Night.

I love the houses, Chuckles. My favourite is the Chetwin, the outside is stunning.   :)

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »
I don't think there's any CC. The picture of the flower is from World Adventures, and the little wheatgrass planter comes with Late Night.

I love the houses, Chuckles. My favourite is the Chetwin, the outside is stunning.   :)

Thank you for the clarification.
I agree, the Chetwin makes me think "I have SO much to learn."  ;D
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 04:46:04 AM »
Chuckles your builds are totally awesome.  I love your use of color, which is usually a problem for me.  I tend to be monochromatic.  You've used soft pastels and vibrant modern black/red/white in different houses to really good effect.  If I HAD to pick a favorite it would be the Amaranth mostly because of the color palette.  I could argue myself around that for each of the builds because really, I love them all.  Well done!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 05:27:34 AM »
I love your use of color, which is usually a problem for me.  I tend to be monochromatic. 

Have you looked at something like this to help you coordinate colors?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 05:02:39 AM »
Your Quarters, Dr Rush

Price Furnished: $38,444
Price Unfurnished: $16,577
Lot Size: 10x10
Description: This futuristic living pad is perfect for the single sim. It is filled to the brim with high-tech whatzits and do-dahs. With masterful floor hygienators your sim will never need a shower; a teleporter out back to take you whereever you wish in the blink of an eye!; a hover bed for the best night's sleep; the fridge of a masterchef so your food will never spoil. Everything has been upgraded scientifically and mechanically to keep your sim in the best possible mood. (Science experiments have been used for maximum possible effect with walk-by effects on most items, and making use of the different possible moodlets available).
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), and a lot of store content (a store-free version will be available shortly for those who don't have access to store content).

Future Shock Kitchen
Future Shock Living
Serious Artist's Easel
Glass Flowers Column
A-simetry Portal
Faux Chrome Chair

Stainless Toilet, Ultra Modern Dresser by D. Kyle,  Il-STand Bookshelf: available in the  Ultra Lounge 2010 Compilation
Romantique Wall Mirror: No longer available individually. If anyone knows what set this came in, please let me know so I can post a link.

I think that just about covers all of it ;)

I did take a little inspiration from Leto's ALU, in that it is future-based, and upgraded scientifically, but this is completely my own build and own recolours to match the Future Shock store items. As a bit of a sci-fi fan myself, this was one in works for a while anyway :D Once again it was supposed to be a starter unit... but teleporters are not cheap, even once fully depreciated they are $9k! If you already have a lot of store stuff this build is for you :D! If not, then the store-free version is in the making..

View from front

Living, dining and Kitchen

Bedroom

Bathroom

Downstairs pool and recreation area

Chuckles_82

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Space Pod

Price Furnished: $42, 991
Price Unfurnished: $16, 086
Lot Size: 10x10
Description: This futuristic living pad is perfect for the single sim. It is filled to the brim with high-tech whatzits and do-dahs. With masterful floor hygienators your sim will never need a shower; a teleporter out back to take you whereever you wish in the blink of an eye!; a hover bed for the best night's sleep; the fridge of a masterchef so your food will never spoil. Everything has been upgraded scientifically and mechanically to keep your sim in the best possible mood. (Science experiments have been used for maximum possible effect with walk-by effects on most items, and making use of the different possible moodlets available).
Content: All expansions (no stuff packs), no store content.

Front

Kitching, dining, living

Bedroom

Bathroom

Downstairs pool and recreation area

anything