Author Topic: Stylist career - no jobs  (Read 8216 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Stylist career - no jobs
« on: October 12, 2011, 03:30:31 AM »
I'm playing a stylist, and she is now at level 5. This problem started when she was on level 4. She does not get any job notifications during her work hours (or at all). She can still 'offer makeover to' at the salon, but she doesn't get those yellow stars on the map for 2-3 jobs each day as I think she's supposed to. I have tried resetting her, but still no jobs. I just recently started playing her again (I was playing another family in the neighbourhood), and it's only started now, when I played her last I didn't have this problem. Any ideas? I see from my research that I can shift-click house on testingcheats to spawn jobs? I'll try that I guess...

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
Re: Stylist career - no jobs
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 04:32:54 PM »
Well, I don't know about getting jobs to spawn again but have you tried soliciting your stylist services? If your portfolio's good enough, your sim can quite literally go to any other sim, say "Hey I'm a stylist, hire me" (pick "Assess Stylist Needs" and then "Solicit Styling Services" during your work hours) and if the sim says yes, he'll give you a job.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »
She can do that yes, but that does not fill up her portfolio because they aren't those specifically-named assignments that you can take photos of.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 05:33:45 PM »
Are you gaining money and job experience? You won't be able to take a photo if you already completed that type of job. For example: You can't have two "New Shoes" pictures in your portfolio.

Specifically named assignments though, the options I'm talking about are not in the same tab as giving freestyle makeovers.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »
Could it be linked to celebrity status? I know tipping for musicians is broken if you get celebrity status.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »
she's had the same celebrity status (4 stars) during her entire career.

I tried using testingcheats to spawn jobs, but more than half the options for jobs are greyed out because they can't be done at that location? Her portfolio is only at 12%, so the problem is not that I've already done most of the jobs.

She is gaining experience, and money, but no specific jobs to fill her portfolio - I can only ask random sims if they want a makeover.

I got quite fed up with it, and I had her quit and rejoin the career, to no effect other than she lost a few ranks. I then tried deleting the stylist building, saving, then replacing it and having her rejoin the career. Again, the only effect was that she lost another rank.

I really hope this only affects the stylist career, not all the controlled ambitions jobs. :S

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 02:55:41 PM »
Since this never got a solution, I'd like to add that my architect has only gotten 1 job announcement her entire career, and it sounds like the same problem here, but with a different job, so I'd love this to get some more help.

Oh, but my stylist is getting jobs just fine.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything