Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 100981 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 2 - A Whirlwind Romance
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
Great chapter! Booker is very handsome! Did Rodney move in to help with the requirements?  ;D

Thank you!  Nope, I didn't move Rodney in.  Booker comes with 9 points in fishing skill, so I'm going to teach him gardening and cooking to get the ambrosia all set.  Glenys is learning painting and sculpting for future generations of museum pieces, and I'm working on building a friendship with a painter who hopefully will move in soon so that Glenys' portraits will be taken care of.

I realy like your story. I haven't read your finished dynasy, but now I simply must! Great update.

Thank you!  I'm very proud of my finished dynasty and hope you enjoy reading it if you find the time.

That is an absolutely stellar house -- a good start.

Thank you!  I built the same house for Glenys sister Eolan in another game I am playing at the moment - fooling around with a horse ranch.  I love how it turned out, so I decided to use it here, too.  It is a bit smaller than I am used to and may get cramped when I've got 8 immortals, but I'll deal with that when and if I have to.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
The Faes are back! And I find it so sweet about Arlynn and Thornton.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 05:48:51 PM »
What This House Needs…

It’s funny when you think about it.  I swore to Rodney that I would never get married after I broke up with Imogen Pelly.  All she wanted was to get married so our child would have a mother and father under the same roof.  It really wasn’t too much to ask, but I couldn’t bring myself to propose to her.

‘Women!  They’re nothing but trouble with a capital T,’ I told Rodney.  ‘First they lure you in with the promise of woohoo and then they try and trap you into marriage by getting pregnant!’  

He had heard this tirade before and he just smiled and nodded in mute agreement.  Just then the doorbell rang.  Feeling particularly irritable, I quickly excused myself to the barn to brush Glint 3.0.  No need to take this mood out on whoever had the misfortune to ring the doorbell at that moment.  I heard Rodney answer the door and invite someone in.  Then I heard a soft, feminine laugh – which only fueled my irritation.  ‘Better him than me,’ I muttered to myself as I began to work the bristles through Glint’s lush coat.

I never saw what startled him, but just then Glint reared up onto his hind legs and whinnied in surprise.  I fell backwards, the brush flying out of my hand and clattering noisily across the barn floor.  I started to curse under my breath but stopped when I found myself looking up into the bluest eyes I had ever seen.  The woman half-hidden behind Rodney was stunningly beautiful with raven hair and the most kissable lips.  I could feel myself flush under her bemused gaze and hoped that she wouldn’t notice as the color crept up my face.  I don’t think I ever felt like this with Imogen…

‘Glenys, this is my brother, Booker…Book, this is Glenys Fae.  She’s new in town.’

My discomfort was not lost on Rodney so he did what any good brother would do, he left this beautiful creature in my company, hoping I would make more of a fool of myself!  At first I felt as awkward as my brother had hoped I would, but Glenys quickly put me at ease and before long we were acting as if we had known one another for a lifetime instead of a few hours.  I was completely entranced by this woman and I silently prayed that the afternoon would never end.  Apparently she felt the same way because without warning she dropped to one knee and asked me to marry her.  My mouth was saying YES before my brain could stop it…what was I doing?!  Booker Singleton, confirmed bachelor, getting married?!  

Slipping the ring on my finger, Glenys stood and I drew her into my arms.  We looked into each other’s eyes for what seemed an eternity before I leaned in and kissed her to seal the deal.  She returned the kiss without hesitation, then pulled away breathlessly.  She said something about going home to change and would I come over right away.

‘Let me put Glintz into the barn for the evening and I’ll be right there,’ I promised.  And this time I meant it.

As the sun set over the tree tops I raced off to meet her at her property on Pomona Promenade.  It was a wide expanse of grass and there she was, a vision in white, waiting for me.  We held hands in the fading light and exchanged our vows.  It was done, we were man and wife and we had a comfortable, if somewhat plain, place to spend our wedding night.  It was alright, though, for we had a lifetime to decorate it, but we only had one wedding night and I was not going to waste a second of it.

Taking my bride’s hand, I twirled her about so that her skirt fluttered, then I pulled her to me.  We kissed, softly at first, then more urgently.  I tentatively nibbled her lip and she responded in kind.  I stroked her cheek and massaged her back, then whispered in her ear, ‘Y’know what this house needs?’

‘I can only guess,’ she chuckled in a voice throaty with desire.  I could tell all sorts of thoughts were running through her mind.  Truth be told, they were running through mine, too.  I took her hand to lead her up to our bedroom.  Halfway up the stairs I turned to face her and said, ‘What this house needs is a dog.’

And that is how Glenys, Lolly and I started our life together.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 3 - What This House Needs
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »
Wow just wow!  That was truly an amazing update.  And of course, the puppy is so cute.  Is it a particular breed or just an adoption?

Welcome little Lolly!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »
Wow just wow!  That was truly an amazing update.  And of course, the puppy is so cute.  Is it a particular breed or just an adoption?

Welcome little Lolly!

Thank you, Rica!  Lolly is just an adopted mutt. 

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »
I love your writing Kat!
Great start!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »
Your writing style is amazing. I loved the latest update.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 10:28:11 AM »
Well I hit the first kink in my plan last evening.  Glenys has been cultivating a friendship with Barrington Diamond in hopes of getting him to become a roommate (Juanita and the baby are welcome to come, too, she's not trying to break up the family) and paint Glenys' portraits.  Ol' Barrington is having nothing to do with this as a friend, and Glenys is not willing to compromise her marriage to try and break Barrington and Juanita up, so it's time for Plan B.

Booker has already started a deathfish breeding program in the family aquarium, so that's all set.  He works on his gardening and cooking skills and seed collecting every chance he gets, so we should be good with the ambrosia when the time comes.  It's a good thing he loves Glenys because he agreed to take up painting in his spare time so her portrait requirements will be met.  What a guy!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 10:47:44 AM »
Did you think to try getting Booker to invite Juanita + baby and Barrington?  If she can't get him, maybe he can get her! Hehe.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 11:30:57 AM »
Did you think to try getting Booker to invite Juanita + baby and Barrington?  If she can't get him, maybe he can get her! Hehe.

That's a great idea, Rica, but I'm worried about wasting more time.  It took a week of trying to get Barrington to Good Friend status - mean-spirited Sim that he is - and Glenys only has 12 more days to adult.  So first Booker's going to get his painting up to level 7 and get the YA portrait out of the way (it doesn't have to be all that good, it just has to be finished  ;D ), then he will focus on gardening to get some money trees, life fruits, and death flowers planted, then he'll work on his cooking since we still have a bit of time to before ambrosia will be necessary.

I'm also questioning the wisdom of starting out with a painter as my first immortal.  I completely forgot that most of the opportunities involve delivering paintings to foreign countries - which is forbidden at the start.  What was I thinking?!  Hopefully she'll get some ops as she works on her guitar skill... 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
I find that if I can't get them to the status I want within one Sim afternoon then it's probably  not worth the effort but I am very controlling when trying to do what I want.   Juanita is a natural cook and a green thumb plus she's in the culinary career.  If you don't get them to move in, you can always abuse her later for recipes.

Good luck!

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 12:33:59 PM »
That's a great idea, Rica, but I'm worried about wasting more time.  It took a week of trying to get Barrington to Good Friend status - mean-spirited Sim that he is - and Glenys only has 12 more days to adult.  So first Booker's going to get his painting up to level 7 and get the YA portrait out of the way (it doesn't have to be all that good, it just has to be finished  ;D ), then he will focus on gardening to get some money trees, life fruits, and death flowers planted, then he'll work on his cooking since we still have a bit of time to before ambrosia will be necessary.

I'm also questioning the wisdom of starting out with a painter as my first immortal.  I completely forgot that most of the opportunities involve delivering paintings to foreign countries - which is forbidden at the start.  What was I thinking?!  Hopefully she'll get some ops as she works on her guitar skill... 

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I had that problem with a gardener as my first immortal; a good many gardening ops involve foreign fruit. Hence why Ariel was a businesswoman as opposed to a gardener professionally, to get some extra ops in there.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »
Jack of All Trades

Booker led the way upstairs to our bedroom when he suddenly turned and looked at me and said with a wink and a smile, ‘What this house needs is a dog.’

I stared at him, stunned, and then we both burst out laughing as we raced up the stairs and threw ourselves on the bed.  As our hysterical laughter died away I took his hand in mine and said, ‘Booker, there’s something you should know about me.’

‘Uh oh, that sounds pretty serious,’ he joked.

‘It is, actually.  You need to know about my family before we consummate this marriage.  I want you to be able to walk away with a clear conscience if you can’t accept the conditions that come with a life with me.’

His smile faded as he took my face between his strong, steady hands.  ‘There’s nothing you could tell me that would ever make me leave you.  I promise you that!’

Tears glittered in my eyes as I told him of my mother and her quest to gain my grandfather’s approval to return to her people, my people.  I explained everything in detail and answered Booker’s every question.  I refused to hide this from him, for I knew that my only chance of success lay with his love and support.  When I was done I hung my head, afraid to look in his eyes for fear of what I might see there, and said quietly, ‘I know it’s a lot to take in and I would understand if you want to leave now that you know…’

Booker raised a finger to my lips to quiet me.  He leaned forward and whispered, ‘One lifetime with you is far better than a hundred lifetimes without you.’

I raised my face to look at him and his resolute earnestness shook me to my very core.  We kissed with the fervor of lovers who know their time together is fleeting, then we settled in to celebrate our wedding night as man and wife.

Our days settled into a happy routine as we set about tackling each goal that stood between me and my first taste of ambrosia.  I had seen some paintings in the local consignment store by one Barrington Diamond and asked Booker whether he thought Mr. Diamond might be available to paint my portrait. 

‘He’s the best artist in town,’ Booker informed me.  ‘It’s worth a try, but I’ve heard he’s not so easy to get along with.  In the meantime I’m going to spend some quality time with this book on gardening.’  He kissed me and patted me on the rear end as I turned to go.  ‘That’s for later,’ he purred suggestively.

Booker was right, Barrington Diamond was difficult to get along with.  I managed to become good friends with him, but no matter what I did I could not get him to agree to paint my portrait.  I returned home that evening, dejected.  Booker had generously agreed to leave his job in politics so he could study cooking and gardening, as well as find some time to procure deathfish.  He was doing everything possible to make sure the ambrosia would be there when I was ready for it.  All my efforts and Booker’s sacrifices would be in vain if we couldn’t find an artist…  I sat at our dining table, head in my hands, feeling the sobs rise in my chest.  What were we going to do?  Who could we turn to in order to fill this crucial void in the plan? 

I didn’t notice Booker come up behind me until his hands enfolded me.  ‘I can do it,’ he said quietly.  ‘I can learn to paint.  They may not be the best portraits in the world, but they will be done.’

‘But…but…how?’ I choked out.  ‘You are already learning to cook and garden for me and you’ve given up your career to support my dream,’ I sobbed.

‘I have it all figured out, first I’ll learn to paint well enough to get your portraits all set.  Then I’ll work on gardening so there is time for the life fruit to grow.  You won’t need the ambrosia for a long while yet, so I’ll save the cooking for last.  A few nights fishing in the cemetery will set you up with all the deathfish our family will ever need.  Easy peasy.’

And so Booker and I painted side by side every day.  I could see his work improve by leaps and bounds and I knew that my portraits were going to be so much better because Booker was the one painting them.

Of course, we still found time for romance…

…and time to spend with Lolly…

…and time to study.

Now we just needed to find time to start a family…

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 4 - Jack of All Trades
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 11:08:10 AM »
I hope they find that time soon!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

loveSims

Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 4 - Jack of All Trades
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »
Great update! Hope they have a nooboo soon :)

anything