Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 100846 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 4 - Jack of All Trades
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 04:35:14 PM »
Oh Nooboo, Nooboo

Booker threw himself completely into his painting and before long he was skilled enough to attempt my portrait.  

The first attempt was…ummm…well…not so good, but fortunately Rodney was looking for an inexpensive painting to hang on the wall in his family room.  With a few swishes of paint, Booker turned my portrait into an abstract and delivered it to his brother, who was none the wiser.

We were surprised to learn that there is a wave of vampirism sweeping Appaloosa Plains, and Rodney had become part of the fanged segment of society.  

So had Imogen Pelly.  All I can say is they both better keep their fangs to themselves!  I don’t know what will become of Booker’s son, Dameon.  He hasn’t been turned yet, but perhaps he is too young.  Maybe we should offer to care for the boy so that his mother and uncle don’t get any ideas…must remember to speak with Book about that.

When Booker got home I had other things on my mind.  I had spent the afternoon painting and thinking…thinking about nooboos.  Would Booker be ready to start a family?  Was I ready to start a family?  Should I stop thinking so much and just dive right in?  After all, how hard could raising a child be?

As fate would have it, we would find out soon enough.  My pregnancy was unusually easy from what I understand.  I didn’t have any morning sickness at all, just a persistent, annoying backache - nothing that a few trips to the day spa won’t fix.  Booker attended to my every need – massages, nutritious meals, and the occasional craving.  I think the ice cream and pickle sundae pushed him to his limit, though.  

I divided my time between my painting, readying the nursery, and cultivating a relationship with Lolly.  For a little dog she had a mighty big attitude.  She worshipped the ground Booker walked on, but just growled and barked at me.  I was determined to get into her good graces before our nooboo arrived.  Luckily I was able to bribe her with puppy treats and games of tug o’ war until she would let me pat her without growling.  I think the little furball might actually be jealous of my relationship with her man!

The first pains hit as I was at my easel and Booker was outside playing fetch with Lolly.  I gritted my teeth, determined not to alarm my husband.  ‘I can do this,’ I thought to myself as the next wave of agony tore through me.  How had my mother delivered three of us?!  As far as I knew I was only having one nooboo and I couldn’t wait for this labor thing to be done with.  After what seemed an eternity the pain ebbed and the sparkles began.  As suddenly as it had started, it was over and I was holding a perfect little girl in my arms.  ‘Welcome to the world, Meghan Fae,’ I whispered to her as I counted each perfect finger and toe.

Booker and I were over the moon with happiness, that is until the sleep deprivation set in.  No one told us that nooboos were sleeping-eating-pooping machines.  But as countless generations before us had learned, they are only nooboos for a short time.  Before we knew it our precious daughter had her toddler birthday and lovely wardrobe in her favorite color – yellow.

Looking at her perfect little face tickled a memory in the back of my head, a memory of Eolan, Betha, and I at the same age.  I was sure I had brought some pictures with me from Sunset Valley…now where did I put them.

I finally found what I was looking for tucked in a photo album up in the attic.  I knew I had seen Meghan’s face somewhere before…she was a spitting image of me when I was a toddler!  Fortunately she has her daddy’s luscious complexion so she won’t fry to a crisp every time she spends more than 10 minutes in direct sunlight like I do.

Now the fun really begins.  On the one hand Meghan is old enough to amuse herself for short periods of time.  On the other hand…potty training…’nuff said!

VampirePlasma

Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 5 - Oh Nooboo, Nooboo
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 04:58:44 PM »
Great so far, I'll keep reading! It's wondeful.

And I could leave without this.. :-X
Vampires rule, normal sims drool! :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 05:56:08 PM »
Congrats on the nooboo! She does look like her mum. I emjoy your story very much ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 05:39:34 AM »
Loving this story!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 09:00:43 AM »
I'm so happy you restarted this!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 10:25:30 AM »
Daddy's Little Girl

Our little Meg was a toddler, and toddlers need attention and training.  I could tell this was weighing heavily on Glenys, though, as she struggled with her painting.  She was gaining skill by leaps and bounds but the brilliant paintings were few and far between, and masterpieces were non-existent.  She was starting to despair of ever completing the challenges that stood between her and immortality.  So I did what any loving husband and father would do.  I took matters into my own hands.

'Don't you worry, I got this!' I told Glenys cheerfully.  'The garden is coming along nicely and I need a break from reading cookbooks.'

The look of love and gratitude on her face said it all.

So I set about teaching my princess her skills.  We started with walking...

...then talking...

...and finished up with the potty chair.  I don't know who adores who more.

No sooner was Meg trained than it seemed her birthday rolled around.  Our princess was growing up.

She handled it like any princess would - by holding court at the dining table...

...followed by a pillow fight with her IF, Pal.  (Yes, I know about her IF and no, I can't see him, but he's kept Meg company ever since she was a toddler.  Glenys and I think it is a phase she's going through.  At least we hope it's a phase.)

Meg's birthday was just the first of many in our household.  Lolly aged up to elder and Glenys and I both celebrated our adult birthdays.  Mine came along with a mid-life crisis.  I kept having the most awful thoughts about moving and divorcing Glenys, but I ignored them the best that I could.  Instead I opted for an exercise regimen and a new car - after all, Meg is going to need to learn to drive, and the motorcycles Glenys and I ride are not going to do for her at all.

The other night I found Lolly whimpering by our bed - it seems something had scared her.  I picked her up and cuddled her until she settled down.

They say that dogs can sense things better than people can and I, for one, believe it.  A couple of nights later Sage Oxendine, a local paparazzo, met Grim in our front yard.

It may have been our first encounter, but I suspect we will be seeing more of him in the future.

Not to end on a sad note, Glenys maxed her painting skill and has started to turn out some masterpieces.  She is feeling more confident that she will complete her challenges, so much so that she dragged me upstairs for my reward...

loveSims

Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 6 - Daddy's Little Girl
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 11:19:40 AM »
I hope that hearts mean another nooboo ;)Great update!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 07:55:51 PM »
Great start Meg is adorable.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 05:24:04 PM »
Growing Up

Meg is such a serious little girl it almost seems unnatural.  I’ve discussed it with Booker, but he just tells me I’m worrying over nothing.  It’s just that I want her to be a child while she still has the chance.  She hardly has any friends at school or in her ballet class.  She rushes home every day and does her homework without Booker or I reminding her about it.  When she’s not studying she’s baking muffins and cookies in her toy oven - she says she wants to be a great chef when she grows up.  She never pulls pranks around the house like other children do and she never puts up an argument when we ask her to do chores.  Have Booker and I sucked all the joy out of her childhood with our focus on achieving our own goals for this dynasty?  Have we been bad parents?!

‘No, my love, we have NOT been bad parents,’ Booker reassured me.  ‘We have given Meg love and attention.  We have given her everything she asked for and many things she didn’t.  She is just a good child, not unhappy and not abnormal.’

‘Let’s have a big birthday party for her.  We can invite a few of the neighbors and the kids from her class.  She still has her teen years to be a kid and I want to make sure she enjoys every minute of them,’ I sighed, snuggling into Booker’s arms.

‘That’s a wonderful idea,’ he agreed.  ‘She’ll be so surprised!  And it will give you and I a much needed break.  You’ve been spending far too much time painting and I don’t want to see another book on cooking for a few days at least.’

~~~

The day of the party dawned sunny and warm.  Meg was playing in the yard with Lolly when the first guests arrived and, just as we’d hoped, she was completely surprised.  She was thrilled with the fancy cake we bought for the occasion and we were thrilled with the lovely young lady she became, adding Natural Cook to her many endearing qualities.  Apparently one special young man was also quite taken with Meg. 

Laron Dunn is one of the local paper boys and has been a classmate of Meg’s since they were children.  They’ve always been friendly, but Booker and I could tell things were progressing beyond friendship by how intently they focused on one another the whole party.  He’s a handsome fellow and seems to get on well with Meg.  I couldn’t help but wonder if he might be the father of my grandchildren.

Once the party was over Booker and I had another surprise for Meg, a trip to the salon and clothing boutique.  She squealed with delight and asked if she could get any haircut she wanted.  We just laughed and told her, it’s your hair, do what you want but if you do something crazy you will have to save up your allowance to get another hair cut.

‘Oh Mom,’ she laughed and threw her arms around me in a bear hug, ‘you know I don’t do crazy.’

Booker and I waited at a nearby café while Meg was doing her thing.  We could hardly believe our eyes when she finally returned.  She had decided upon a modest haircut and wardrobe that somehow suited her personality to a T.  I can’t believe this is my baby girl.

Even though she was a teen now, she still behaved perfectly.  She took shop and athletic classes after school and then came home to finish her homework. 

A few days after her birthday she came home from school all excited.  Apparently the prom was in a couple of days and Laron had agreed to be her date!  Booker and I arranged for a limousine to take them to the dance…

…and Meg was crowned Queen by her classmates.  She and Laron were inseparable and by the end of the evening they were going steady.  She was as happy as I have ever seen her, which in turn brought Booker and I so much joy.

Of course happiness is fleeting and a thing to be savored while it lasts.  It wasn’t long after the prom when a day I had been dreading for a while now finally arrived.  I was busy learning to sculpt in ice, having completed all my painting challenges, and Booker was studying cooking when we heard Meg scream.  We rushed to find out what was wrong, although we should have known…

Grim had come for our beloved Lolly and all we could do was look on in anguish.  Apparently Grim has a soft spot for animals because he gently picked up Lolly and gave her a hug and a kiss.  He put her down on the floor and held up his scythe.  A bright light filled the foyer and Lolly ascended to heaven in front of our eyes.  Then, as quickly as he had arrived, Grim was gone leaving the three of us alone with our grief.

We placed Lolly’s headstone in a private cemetery we built at the back of our property.  She might be the first Fae to go, but I knew that she would not be alone.  I’ve heard of the ghosts of the dearly departed coming back to visit their loved ones.  I don’t know if that is true of animals, but I hope so.

Once we had a chance to mourn Lolly’s loss we decided that the best way to honor her memory would be to adopt another dog and give it a loving home.  It was hard at first, but this little gray and white bundle of energy stole our hearts.  She was just a puppy and could barely run without tripping over her own feet.  We all looked at one another and knew that she would be the next to share our home.  Meet Lulu Fae.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 7 - Growing Up
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 02:11:21 AM »
Awww, RIP Lolly! And welcome Lulu!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 01:51:07 PM »
I hope that hearts mean another nooboo ;)Great update!

Unfortunately no more nooboos for Glenys and Booker, just a little special time together to keep the marriage fires burning.

Great start Meg is adorable.

Thank you!  She is quite striking as a teen - I wasn't expecting her to be as pretty as she has turned out to be, but it seems she got the best features from both parents.

Awww, RIP Lolly! And welcome Lulu!

The funny thing is that those are the names the dogs came with when they were adopted and it wasn't at all intentional.  I was looking for a puppy or adult with the hunter trait and Lulu was the only one at the shelter.  She is a cutie - she reminds me a bit of a bull terrier.  I'm hoping Lolly decides to pop in for a visit since her headstone is in the back yard.

Should have another update in a day or two.  Work has been a bit hectic and I haven't had much of a chance to play the last few days.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 7 - Growing Up
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
Celebrate Good Times

It’s been a week of parties in our house.  We started out with Dad’s elder birthday party which proved to be a real blast…

Once the blaze was extinguished and a new cake bought, we tried again.

Dad is still handsome, but I don’t think Mr. Diamond likes his choice of clothes.  He may be a young vampire now, but he’s going to have an elder birthday eventually.  Hopefully I’ll be around to point and laugh at him.

As rude as he was, Mr. Diamond was right, Dad’s choice of clothes was atrocious so I fixed him up nicely.  I hope Mom appreciates my work.

Even though Dad is an elder he is still active and enjoys working in his garden, playing with Lulu, and even tinkering around the house.  He has gotten really handy and is upgrading our plumbing and appliances.

Next, Mom and I had our birthdays together.  Mom went first…age before beauty, y’know. (Just kidding, Mom, if you’re reading this!)  Make a wish and blow out the candles…and try not to set the house on fire again.

A little birthday magic and voila, a whole new Mom – lovely as always.

But Mom hightailed it to the mirror for a touch up.  Looking great, Mom!

Then it was my turn to blow out the candles and head to the mirror.  Thank you Mom and Dad for your wonderful genes!  I hope Laron likes my new look.

The next few days were something of a blur.  There were portraits to be painted and photographs to take, not to mention a graduation to attend.  I was class valedictorian – I think Mom and Dad nearly burst with pride.

Afterwards we went to the local bistro for a celebratory meal.  While we were there Mrs. Diamond stopped by our table to offer her congratulations.  As rude as her husband is, she is quite pleasant.  We had a nice chat about cooking and life in the culinary career.  She told me she was looking for someone to help her at the bistro and I jumped at the chance.  I start work tomorrow – how exciting!  We finished our meal at a leisurely pace and headed home where a little surprise was waiting for me…a little, furry surprise, that is…

Meet Roux Fae.  She is one of Waggles Diamond’s puppies and the newest member of our family.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 8 - Celebrate Good Times
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 02:44:45 PM »
Aww! How cute is Roux? Booker, Glenys and Meg look great, I hope your coals are achieved!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 03:04:12 PM »
Meg has a great look! Happy Birthday Booker, Glenys and Meg! Welcome little Roux! Glenys, you can become Immortal!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »
Parties always seem to be so exciting! Roux is just adorable!