Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 55173 times)

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Immortal
  • I love tea :)
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 9 - Here Comes the Bride
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2011, 12:44:18 PM »
Wow Kat this amazing. I love it. Meg and Laron make a very good couple.
The picture of Laron in the hottub cracked me up  ;D
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 01:20:52 PM »
OMG, That picture of Laron is hilarious!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »
I've been lurking around this dynasty and just want to say that I love it! Can't wait to see the nooboo!  :)

Thank you, Alex, and welcome to the forums!

Insanity for the win!!
With that haircut he looks a little like Antone Dreamweaver...

That's exactly what I was going for...Antone is a hunk even if he is just a bunch of pixels.   ;)

Wow Kat this amazing. I love it. Meg and Laron make a very good couple.
The picture of Laron in the hottub cracked me up  ;D
OMG, That picture of Laron is hilarious!

Laron started out insane, unlucky, disciplined, computer whiz, and something else that I forget now.  Once he earned enough happiness points I changed everything but insane because it somehow fits him.  He hasn't done too much weird stuff in game yet but he often rolls confusing wishes like 'quit work' and 'earn a promotion' at the same time.  He and Meg are totally devoted to one another and have the 'eternally faithful' moodlet, so all in all I think he was quite the catch.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2011, 02:31:09 PM »
Now Serving...Immortality

Meg's wedding party was a modest success.  Not in terms of marrying Laron!  Booker and I both love him like a son...a somewhat odd son...but a son, nonetheless.  The guests seemed to have an okay time, not the home run I was hoping for.  Meg may need to work on her hostess skills - they really come in handy when gathering up best friends.

Which reminds me, I'm 73 and I've finally met all my requirements.  Booker has long since prepared the ambrosia and stored it in the food replicator he bought for me.  After everyone has gone to bed I sat down for my first taste of immortality.  It is a solemn moment for me.  Oh how I wish my mother were here to see her dreams continued.  And let me not forget the love of my life, the person who made this bittersweet moment possible, my husband.  Booker single-handedly caught deathfish, taught himself to garden and to cook so he could grow the life fruit and prepare the ambrosia, taught himself to paint so that my portraits would hang in our museum, all while taking the lead in raising Meg so I could focus on painting without distraction.  He did all this without complaint and without the benefit of some of the luxuries we have earned lately such as our moodlet manager and our motive mobile.

'This is for you, Booker,' I whispered as I raised the fork to my lips.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 10 - Now Serving Immortality
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »
Congrats on your first immortal!
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2011, 04:21:25 PM »
Congrats on your first Immortal! Was she just in the Hot Tub, or the pool, before she decided to become Immortal?
Welcome Laron! He does look a lot like Antone with that hair!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »
Congrats on your first, second, Tenth Immortal  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2011, 07:48:01 PM »
A Brush With Mortality

The days following our wedding were the happiest time of my life thus far, not for any major reason but for a lot of little ones. 

Laron and I decided that Mom and Dad deserved the honeymoon they had never had, so we surprised them with a six day trip to Shang Simla.  Mom spent the trip brushing up on her photography and adventuring.

Dad wanted a more relaxing vacation so he went fishing or spent the days visiting with other tourists.

While Mom and Dad were enjoying themselves in China, Laron and I were enjoying each other at home.

We both had pretty hectic work schedules, but we managed to make time for Lulu and Roux.

And Lolly visited us quite often.

Shortly after Mom and Dad got home, Laron and I decided it was time to start our own family.  After all, Dad was getting on in years and I wanted him to see his grandchild.

When we learned I was pregnant the whole family was thrilled beyond words.  Mom started taking all my baby furniture out of storage and cleaning it up.  Dad and Laron saw to my every need.  Even the dogs seemed to sense something special was going on.

Other than some morning sickness, my pregnancy was uneventful.  Nothing prepared me (or Laron for that matter) for labor, though...

Welcome our daughter, Raven, to the family!

She is disciplined and evil, although how an innocent, little nooboo can be evil is beyond me.  She and I may have our differences as she grows up, but no matter what she will always be my sweet baby.

Dad had just gone downstairs from playing with his granddaughter when it happened...

We shouldn't have been surprised since he was 91, but even when you know something like this is coming you are never prepared for it.  Roux and Lulu were the first on the scene.  Grim was more businesslike than usual and collected Dad's soul before any of us figured out what was going on.  Roux just looked up at Grim and whined in grief.

And then a miracle happened...Grim leaned towards Roux as if to pat her on the head and he quietly said, 'Roux, you have saved Booker Fae.'  Roux rushed to the living room in time for the sparkles.

Roux and Dad rejoiced in the best way they knew how!

I know this won't be my last run in with Grim, but I will never forget how he was touched by the love of a dog for her best friend.  That one act of compassion has forever changed my relationship with Death.  I don't know how much longer we have with Dad, but each day is a gift.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 11 - A Brush With Mortality
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »
Woah? Rouz saved Booker from Death!? Awesome! Oh and that picture of Laron in the Hot Tub a chapter or two back was just hilarious!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2011, 09:02:52 PM »
What?!? Dogs can do that? How did it happen?

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2011, 10:24:25 PM »
I didn't know they could do that either.  It was the usual Grim scene except Booker disappeared really fast.  Roux and Lulu were there with the thought bubbles over their heads grieving for Booker.  Then Grim stood over Roux and it look like they were communicating and the next thing I knew Booker was reappearing in the next room.  I got a message saying that Roux saved Booker Fae.  I guess Grim really does love animals!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2011, 02:29:30 AM »
Wow! That is really amazing! When I read he was saved I thought 'Oh no! He had a deathflower!' Luckily I read on...
Welcome Raven!

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Immortal
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2011, 03:53:59 AM »
Amazingly written, Kat! I absolutely love your storytelling!

Online ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2011, 04:28:42 AM »
I think it is wonderful that Rouz saved Booker. But I think we have to look into why it happened because having a mortal come back to life could be a game breaker for a lot of dynasty players. Did Booker have a really high relationship with the dog. Maybe Rouz love kept him alive.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2011, 12:10:18 PM »
I think it is wonderful that Rouz saved Booker. But I think we have to look into why it happened because having a mortal come back to life could be a game breaker for a lot of dynasty players. Did Booker have a really high relationship with the dog. Maybe Rouz love kept him alive.

Rachel

I believe Roux and Booker were BFF which may have something to do with why Grim didn't take him.  I certainly hope this won't jeopardize my dynasty attempt since I had absolutely nothing to do with it and had no way to stop it from happening.  I'm going to check with Metro.  Since I've never heard of this happening before I have no idea whether it is a common or rare occurrence.  If it is common that might affect whether or not pets are a wise choice, especially later in a dynasty when space is at a premium.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
I'd say it would be unfair if you had failed because of this, since I don't think anyone had any idea this could happen and there was nothing you could do. I hope you do get to continue! A simple matter would be that Spouses/Mortals should avoid becoming friends with Pets. In my Dynasty I only have a few days of a Spouse left before she dies and she is reasonably high relationship with a Cat, I'll ask Metro if he'd like me to try it and see what happens?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2011, 01:13:23 PM »
I don't think the bff thing is true because I recently had a sim die in my dynasty, her relationship with the cat was BFF and maxed out, and nothing happened. The cat was there, too.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 01:14:30 PM »
I don't think the bff thing is true because I recently had a sim die in my dynasty, her relationship with the cat was BFF and maxed out, and nothing happened. The cat was there, too.
Maybe it's only with dogs, you know like the whole, a dog is a mans best friend thing.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »
Grim Again

We were all stunned by Booker’s brush with death.  I knew when I accepted this challenge that one day I would lose my best friend and the love of my life.  But even knowing this I was completely unprepared for it.  Thank goodness Roux stepped in and pleaded with Grim for Booker’s life.   I’m quite certain she touched Grim in a way no human could ever hope to.

But for all the joy and celebrating in our home, we knew that Booker’s reprieve was temporary at best.  After all, he was 91 and Grim would not wait forever.  So we made the most of every moment, not knowing which one might be our last.

The next day was Raven’s toddler birthday.

She and Booker were inseparable whether they were playing…

…or working on Raven’s skills.

He also enjoyed working in the garden as he always had.  He found this little gnome riding a llama out there one day.

It was almost as if nothing miraculous had happened.  Our home was filled with the little every day kind of miracles that we all take for granted.

Meg brought home a lovely macaw and has been teaching it to speak.

Lolly has become a fixture in the house.  She and Lulu seem to really like one another.

And Roux never leaves Booker’s side.

It was the afternoon of Meg and Laron’s adult birthday when our idyllic life was shattered for good.  I had just come back from a trip to the consignment store and Booker came out to greet me when he started to feel funny.

Grim had returned only three short days after his first appearance.  Booker pleaded for his life but Grim was having none of it.  He had spared Booker once but today he was not leaving without a collecting a soul.

Booker passed on at the age of 94.  Laron helped me to move his headstone to our cemetery and plant some flowers in his memory.  Rest in peace my beloved husband and dear friend.

The ache in my heart made me wonder if I had made the right choice or if I should have been happy with a mortal life as my mother had been.  Not only did I have to find a measure of comfort somehow, but I would have to console 7 generations of Faes as they endured loss after heartbreaking loss.  Goddess, give me strength.

loveSims

Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 12 - Grim Again
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
This is so sad just three days. At least he spend some time with his grandchild.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2011, 03:03:14 PM »
R.I.P Booker. At least Raven got to spend time with her grandfather. How did you find that gnome? It looks awesome!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
How did you find that gnome?

I just happened to notice something unusual in the garden and started laughing hysterically when I realized what it was.  I've never seen a gnome on a llama before!

The funny thing is that all gnomes that have appeared by themselves on my property are freezer bunny gnomes.  They're cute and all but I wonder what happened to the usual gnomes.  I was hoping to have gnome gnooboos.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »
Have you been eating a lot of ice cream?

Awesome updates!  RIP Booker and Lolly.  I'm a little jealous of your freezer bunny gnome. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2011, 03:18:24 PM »
Have you been eating a lot of ice cream?

None, but the ice cream truck is always parked in front of the house.  Is that where they are coming from?  How cool!  I have 3-4 freezer bunny gnomes, 1 vampire gnome, 1 dog gnome, and I bought Sultan Sam and the Troglodyte at the consignment shop.  Generation 3 is going to study MA, so maybe I'll get some regular gnomes in the mail when gems are more plentiful.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2011, 11:32:15 AM »
Time Marches On

The house seems empty without Dad.  Thank Goddess Mom has the foresight to buy a moodlet manager a while back.  While it can’t take away our grief, it can certainly take the edge off.  Laron and I were supposed to celebrate our birthdays the day Dad passed, but no one was much in the mood for a party.  Our passage to adulthood came and went unnoticed.  Laron and I threw ourselves into our work and Mom threw herself into her art.  And of course Raven kept us all amused.

It was a couple of days later that it was time to celebrate Raven’s birthday.  We had hoped to have a big party, but opted for a small family gathering instead.

‘Help Momma blow out the candles, baby girl.’

She aged up with Laron’s teenage hair, but a quick trip to the mirror and dresser fixed that little fashion disaster.

It was off to school the next day.  Someone looks less than enthusiastic…

Raven turned out to be a quick learner and a good student, but she was easily distracted.  Where I came home from school and finished my homework right away, it was a constant struggle to get Raven to focus and get her work done.  She always seemed to be lost in make believe.

Mom found her in her room one afternoon talking to herself.  Fearing that Raven had inherited  Laron’s ‘special’ qualities, she asked Raven what she was doing.
‘Rags and I are plotting world domination,’ Raven replied with a sinister laugh.
A little disconcerted by this answer, she just pinched Raven’s cheek as grandmothers are wont to do and said, ‘That’s nice, dear.’ 

A few moments later Mom was at my side suggesting we enroll Raven in the School of Peace and Love immediately. 
‘Oh yes, she would fit in perfectly there,’ I said, rolling my eyes for effect.  ‘Don’t worry, Mom.  It’s just a phase she’s going through.  I’m sure she’ll grow out of it.’  At least I hope she’ll grow out of it, I thought to myself.

The rest of Raven’s childhood passed without incident and it was time for another birthday before we knew it.  She’s turned into a lovely, young lady. 

She’s shown a decided interest in martial arts and has started reading the book and using the equipment that Mom and Dad brought back from Shang Simla.  She’s quite good, too, advancing through three levels in a day.  I haven’t said anything to Mom yet, but I would really like her to take Raven to China so she can study with the masters there.  Perhaps once Raven’s museum pieces are complete I will book a trip for the two of them.

Lest you think the entire household revolves around Raven, the rest of us have been quite busy as well.  Mom is enjoying her retirement.  As a local celebrity she is frequently invited to parties, which she happily attends.  She is really in her element in social situations.  Of course, with fame comes the paparazzi.  Imagine finding this staring in your window one day *shudder*…

Laron and I are also minor celebrities and are climbing our respective career ladders at a rapid pace.  We are both within sight of reaching our lifetime wishes – he has 1 promotion to go in his science career and I have 2 promotions to go in my culinary career.  I have also learned every possible recipe, completed all my cooking challenges, and finished my opportunities well ahead of schedule.  I can practically taste the ambrosia.

Aside from all our goal-oriented activities, we have been working on decorating and landscaping the piece of land Mom bought when she moved here to start our family.  The house was completed right after she and Dad were married, but it was sparsely decorated and no landscaping had been done to speak of during those early years since money was so tight.  Well we finally passed $1,000,000 in net worth and it is time to make some improvements around here.

We added a large barn/garage with a studio in the loft where Mom can sculpt and paint to her heart’s content.  The immortal museum is beneath the barn and extends almost the full length of our property.

We’ve done a bit of work inside the house, but our real focus has been on fixing up the exterior.

We’ve planted some trees, added flower beds and a fountain to the front of the house, fenced in the yard and garden, and built a zen garden/training area for Raven behind the house.  There is still an enormous portion of our property that is undeveloped to allow space for future generations to pursue their interests.  All in all it’s shaping up quite nicely.  I’ll take you on a tour of the inside as well as our museum soon.