Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 101110 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 11 - A Brush With Mortality
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2011, 10:24:25 PM »
I didn't know they could do that either.  It was the usual Grim scene except Booker disappeared really fast.  Roux and Lulu were there with the thought bubbles over their heads grieving for Booker.  Then Grim stood over Roux and it look like they were communicating and the next thing I knew Booker was reappearing in the next room.  I got a message saying that Roux saved Booker Fae.  I guess Grim really does love animals!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2011, 02:29:30 AM »
Wow! That is really amazing! When I read he was saved I thought 'Oh no! He had a deathflower!' Luckily I read on...
Welcome Raven!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2011, 03:53:59 AM »
Amazingly written, Kat! I absolutely love your storytelling!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2011, 04:28:42 AM »
I think it is wonderful that Rouz saved Booker. But I think we have to look into why it happened because having a mortal come back to life could be a game breaker for a lot of dynasty players. Did Booker have a really high relationship with the dog. Maybe Rouz love kept him alive.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2011, 12:10:18 PM »
I think it is wonderful that Rouz saved Booker. But I think we have to look into why it happened because having a mortal come back to life could be a game breaker for a lot of dynasty players. Did Booker have a really high relationship with the dog. Maybe Rouz love kept him alive.

Rachel

I believe Roux and Booker were BFF which may have something to do with why Grim didn't take him.  I certainly hope this won't jeopardize my dynasty attempt since I had absolutely nothing to do with it and had no way to stop it from happening.  I'm going to check with Metro.  Since I've never heard of this happening before I have no idea whether it is a common or rare occurrence.  If it is common that might affect whether or not pets are a wise choice, especially later in a dynasty when space is at a premium.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
I'd say it would be unfair if you had failed because of this, since I don't think anyone had any idea this could happen and there was nothing you could do. I hope you do get to continue! A simple matter would be that Spouses/Mortals should avoid becoming friends with Pets. In my Dynasty I only have a few days of a Spouse left before she dies and she is reasonably high relationship with a Cat, I'll ask Metro if he'd like me to try it and see what happens?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2011, 01:13:23 PM »
I don't think the bff thing is true because I recently had a sim die in my dynasty, her relationship with the cat was BFF and maxed out, and nothing happened. The cat was there, too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 01:14:30 PM »
I don't think the bff thing is true because I recently had a sim die in my dynasty, her relationship with the cat was BFF and maxed out, and nothing happened. The cat was there, too.
Maybe it's only with dogs, you know like the whole, a dog is a mans best friend thing.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »
Grim Again

We were all stunned by Booker’s brush with death.  I knew when I accepted this challenge that one day I would lose my best friend and the love of my life.  But even knowing this I was completely unprepared for it.  Thank goodness Roux stepped in and pleaded with Grim for Booker’s life.   I’m quite certain she touched Grim in a way no human could ever hope to.

But for all the joy and celebrating in our home, we knew that Booker’s reprieve was temporary at best.  After all, he was 91 and Grim would not wait forever.  So we made the most of every moment, not knowing which one might be our last.

The next day was Raven’s toddler birthday.

She and Booker were inseparable whether they were playing…

…or working on Raven’s skills.

He also enjoyed working in the garden as he always had.  He found this little gnome riding a llama out there one day.

It was almost as if nothing miraculous had happened.  Our home was filled with the little every day kind of miracles that we all take for granted.

Meg brought home a lovely macaw and has been teaching it to speak.

Lolly has become a fixture in the house.  She and Lulu seem to really like one another.

And Roux never leaves Booker’s side.

It was the afternoon of Meg and Laron’s adult birthday when our idyllic life was shattered for good.  I had just come back from a trip to the consignment store and Booker came out to greet me when he started to feel funny.

Grim had returned only three short days after his first appearance.  Booker pleaded for his life but Grim was having none of it.  He had spared Booker once but today he was not leaving without a collecting a soul.

Booker passed on at the age of 94.  Laron helped me to move his headstone to our cemetery and plant some flowers in his memory.  Rest in peace my beloved husband and dear friend.

The ache in my heart made me wonder if I had made the right choice or if I should have been happy with a mortal life as my mother had been.  Not only did I have to find a measure of comfort somehow, but I would have to console 7 generations of Faes as they endured loss after heartbreaking loss.  Goddess, give me strength.

loveSims

Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 12 - Grim Again
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
This is so sad just three days. At least he spend some time with his grandchild.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2011, 03:03:14 PM »
R.I.P Booker. At least Raven got to spend time with her grandfather. How did you find that gnome? It looks awesome!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
How did you find that gnome?

I just happened to notice something unusual in the garden and started laughing hysterically when I realized what it was.  I've never seen a gnome on a llama before!

The funny thing is that all gnomes that have appeared by themselves on my property are freezer bunny gnomes.  They're cute and all but I wonder what happened to the usual gnomes.  I was hoping to have gnome gnooboos.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »
Have you been eating a lot of ice cream?

Awesome updates!  RIP Booker and Lolly.  I'm a little jealous of your freezer bunny gnome. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2011, 03:18:24 PM »
Have you been eating a lot of ice cream?

None, but the ice cream truck is always parked in front of the house.  Is that where they are coming from?  How cool!  I have 3-4 freezer bunny gnomes, 1 vampire gnome, 1 dog gnome, and I bought Sultan Sam and the Troglodyte at the consignment shop.  Generation 3 is going to study MA, so maybe I'll get some regular gnomes in the mail when gems are more plentiful.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2011, 11:32:15 AM »
Time Marches On

The house seems empty without Dad.  Thank Goddess Mom has the foresight to buy a moodlet manager a while back.  While it can’t take away our grief, it can certainly take the edge off.  Laron and I were supposed to celebrate our birthdays the day Dad passed, but no one was much in the mood for a party.  Our passage to adulthood came and went unnoticed.  Laron and I threw ourselves into our work and Mom threw herself into her art.  And of course Raven kept us all amused.

It was a couple of days later that it was time to celebrate Raven’s birthday.  We had hoped to have a big party, but opted for a small family gathering instead.

‘Help Momma blow out the candles, baby girl.’

She aged up with Laron’s teenage hair, but a quick trip to the mirror and dresser fixed that little fashion disaster.

It was off to school the next day.  Someone looks less than enthusiastic…

Raven turned out to be a quick learner and a good student, but she was easily distracted.  Where I came home from school and finished my homework right away, it was a constant struggle to get Raven to focus and get her work done.  She always seemed to be lost in make believe.

Mom found her in her room one afternoon talking to herself.  Fearing that Raven had inherited  Laron’s ‘special’ qualities, she asked Raven what she was doing.
‘Rags and I are plotting world domination,’ Raven replied with a sinister laugh.
A little disconcerted by this answer, she just pinched Raven’s cheek as grandmothers are wont to do and said, ‘That’s nice, dear.’ 

A few moments later Mom was at my side suggesting we enroll Raven in the School of Peace and Love immediately. 
‘Oh yes, she would fit in perfectly there,’ I said, rolling my eyes for effect.  ‘Don’t worry, Mom.  It’s just a phase she’s going through.  I’m sure she’ll grow out of it.’  At least I hope she’ll grow out of it, I thought to myself.

The rest of Raven’s childhood passed without incident and it was time for another birthday before we knew it.  She’s turned into a lovely, young lady. 

She’s shown a decided interest in martial arts and has started reading the book and using the equipment that Mom and Dad brought back from Shang Simla.  She’s quite good, too, advancing through three levels in a day.  I haven’t said anything to Mom yet, but I would really like her to take Raven to China so she can study with the masters there.  Perhaps once Raven’s museum pieces are complete I will book a trip for the two of them.

Lest you think the entire household revolves around Raven, the rest of us have been quite busy as well.  Mom is enjoying her retirement.  As a local celebrity she is frequently invited to parties, which she happily attends.  She is really in her element in social situations.  Of course, with fame comes the paparazzi.  Imagine finding this staring in your window one day *shudder*…

Laron and I are also minor celebrities and are climbing our respective career ladders at a rapid pace.  We are both within sight of reaching our lifetime wishes – he has 1 promotion to go in his science career and I have 2 promotions to go in my culinary career.  I have also learned every possible recipe, completed all my cooking challenges, and finished my opportunities well ahead of schedule.  I can practically taste the ambrosia.

Aside from all our goal-oriented activities, we have been working on decorating and landscaping the piece of land Mom bought when she moved here to start our family.  The house was completed right after she and Dad were married, but it was sparsely decorated and no landscaping had been done to speak of during those early years since money was so tight.  Well we finally passed $1,000,000 in net worth and it is time to make some improvements around here.

We added a large barn/garage with a studio in the loft where Mom can sculpt and paint to her heart’s content.  The immortal museum is beneath the barn and extends almost the full length of our property.

We’ve done a bit of work inside the house, but our real focus has been on fixing up the exterior.

We’ve planted some trees, added flower beds and a fountain to the front of the house, fenced in the yard and garden, and built a zen garden/training area for Raven behind the house.  There is still an enormous portion of our property that is undeveloped to allow space for future generations to pursue their interests.  All in all it’s shaping up quite nicely.  I’ll take you on a tour of the inside as well as our museum soon.