Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 101129 times)

HannahEloiseee

Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 13 - Time Marches On
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2011, 11:38:42 AM »
The house looks amazing,  :)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
I love the house!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2011, 04:59:12 PM »
Thank you for the compliments on the house - it is possibly the best one I've ever built in terms of scale and realism.  I'm still decorating the inside (the downstairs is in good shape except for the vestibule but the upstairs is completely uninspired) and the whole property isn't complete yet.  I'd like to add a paddock and horse track and/or jumping course in the open space.  The only drawback is that it only has 4 bedrooms, 2 of which are going to be dormitory style for the immortals when their spouse passes on.  I think it might get a little crowded as the game progresses.  But the loft in the barn is huge and I could easily see sectioning off part of it for the immortal dormitory if things get too cramped.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »
Read. And it's amazing! The house looks great too.
And you found the bride of Franklestein outside your house, interesting. Townies have no sense of style.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2011, 03:05:17 AM »
I have to nerd rage for a minute.  I just finished playing for 6 hours - I had Raven's MA almost super maxed and the family had a vacation home in China.  Just as I was saving the file for the last time my cat decided to jump on my computer and she hit the power button (who the heck puts a power button on the TOP?!).  She caused a fatal error with the file I was saving and I lost all that progress.  GAHHHHH!  Fortunately I created a backup right before I started playing so I only lost the last 6 hours but I'm ready to drop kick my cat into the next century!  Oh I'm so ticked off right now I could spit!   >:(

loveSims

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2011, 05:05:58 AM »
Glad to hear you make a backup! Naughty kitty! It's awefull to loose hours in a game.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2011, 03:28:48 PM »
Aren't you lucky you had a backup! I don't think I could imagine if someone came and turned off my computer and lost that current file!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2011, 04:31:58 PM »
Don't go hating on the kitty. Maybe you forgot to feed her lolz.
But I am sorry for your loss. But hey, that's why we make back ups.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2011, 08:14:57 PM »
I really love this story! Also, the house is looking great.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »
Home Away From Home

I called the family meeting for my evening off, knowing that Laron would be home from the science center and Raven home from school at that time.  Mom only ventured out after dark if one of her many friends was hosting a soiree, but that night she had nowhere to be but with us.

'Raven,' I started, 'we all know how dedicated you are to your martial arts studies.  You have a real talent and your Dad and I think it is almost time for you to travel to Shang Simla to study with a sensei at the Academy there.'

'No way!' she exclaimed.  'Really?!  Oh my goddess, I can't believe it!  When are we going?  How long will we be there?  What about school?  What about Lulu and Roux?  Oh my goddess, OH MY GODDESS!'

'Wait a minute young lady, you haven't heard me out!' I hollered, trying to get a word into the stream of excitement that was pouring non-stop from her mouth.  'Here's the deal.  Grandma has a level 2 visa to China from the trip she and Grandpa took when you were a nooboo.  What your Dad and I were thinking was perhaps Grandma would like to go back on her own to earn a level 3 visa and buy a vacation home.  This would give you time to make the honor roll and attend prom.  Then once Grandma is ready, you and she can go back for a nice, long trip.  Dad and I will stay here and look after Lulu and Roux.  What do you say, Mom, are you up for some more adventures?' I asked, taking her hand in mine.

Her eyes grew misty as she was undoubtedly thinking about her last trip to Shang Simla with Dad.  She brushed a single tear from her cheek and nodded.  Little by little I saw a spark of excitement kindle behind her eyes.  As much as we would all enjoy a vacation home, this trip was really for her benefit.  Dad's death had aged her in a way that was both heartbreaking and frightening.  Hopefully this trip would bring back her passion for life.

'When do I leave?' she asked, matter-of-factly.

'Tomorrow morning,' I replied.  'We bought you a round trip ticket for a 9 day stay.'

'Well I guess I better get packing,' she said with a smile.  I thought I heard her humming 'Ping and his Checkers' as she headed upstairs to prepare for her trip.

The next morning we all saw Mom off to the airport.  She waved farewell and promised to call us as soon as she landed in Shang Simla.

'Aren't you worried about Grandma adventuring at her age?' Raven asked. 

'Not at all, dear.  I tucked a couple of death flowers into her suitcase just in case.'

It turned out that Mom never needed those death flowers.  She did just fine.  Well there was that one run in with an electrical trap...

She found some amazing artifacts...

...and explored every obstacle fearlessly.

Before long we got an email from her saying that she bought a lovely property right in the Forbidden City called West Royal House. 

How exciting!  It sounded quite posh, but Mom told us not to blow things out of proportion.  By Chinese standards it was quite posh indeed, but by Appaloosa Plains standards it was quite modest.

Mom spent the rest of her trip decorating and preparing the house for the trip she and Raven would be making in the near future.

Meanwhile, back at home, Laron and I were doing some decorating of our own.

Raven made it on the honor roll and attended prom, just as we had hoped.  Unfortunately she went by herself.  She hasn't shown any interest in any of the boys in school yet, but she has time before she needs to pick a mate and settle down.  He she is in the limousine on the way to the dance.

She was an absolute vision in her white dress.  Following in her old Mom's footsteps she was voted Prom Queen by her classmates.

Only one more thing needed doing before she and Mom could return to China...Mom, now back from her trip, Laron, and I drew straws to decide who had the 'privilege' of teaching Raven to drive!  In the end Mom said she would do it.  'After all,' she said, 'I've still got a taste for adventure.  How hard could it be?'

The trip really did her a world of good and I was especially happy to have her home with us again.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 14 - Home Away From Home
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2011, 02:51:58 PM »
Aww Raven looks so beautiful in her dress.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

loveSims

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2011, 10:09:33 AM »
Both of the houses look beautiful! Great update :)

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »
I love the house!  :)

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2011, 12:57:47 PM »
And The Winner Is

Once Grams taught me how to drive it was time to pack our bags and head to Shang Simla as Mom and Dad had promised.  As soon as we arrived and unpacked I set off for the Academy.  I had two weeks to become a black belt and win the Grand Master title in the tournament, so there was no time to waste.

Grams opted for a more relaxed vacation this time and spent her days painting, visiting the friends she had made on her last trip, and emailing Mom to keep her updated on my progress.

I earned the title of Timber Terminator on my first day at the Academy.

Within a couple of days I had earned a level 9 black belt and had learned to zenoport by meditating.

And I entered every ranked sparring tournament I could find.

Eight days into our trip I had accomplished nearly all my goals.  I was the youngest Grand Master of the tournament ever and I had earned my level 10 black belt.  All that was left to do was to practice my meditation.  By the time we left Shang Simla I had completed 150 hours of meditation and maxed my athletic skill to boot.  With all of this preparation I was going to do well at my chosen career when the time came.

We arrived home to some unexpected news.  While we were away Grim had come for Lulu.  Roux was so depressed that she just moped around the house.  Finally, unable to stand seeing poor Roux suffer, Mom adopted a little, gray cat named Dumpling.

Mom also had some good news for us.  She had been out collecting the profits from our real estate holdings when she came across a unicorn!

There were some other changes when we got home...boys started paying attention to me all of a sudden.  I found myself attracted to two in particular...

Parker Lane...

...and Laron Lynn. 

I also earned a bit of a bad reputation when I became romantically involved with both of them at the same time.  People in this town are so small minded!

I continued to excel in school and tried to be a good as possible, but it just isn't easy for me like it is for Mom.  I couldn't wait to graduate and start life as an adult - I was sure things would be better then.  Fortunately I didn't have to wait very long.  The next week we celebrated a triple birthday in our house.  First Mom...

...then Dad...

...and finally me.

The next day was graduation!  I followed in Mom's footsteps again and was the class valedictorian.  Mom, Dad and Grams were so proud of me as I stood before my classmates and gave my speech.  Even the gnomes back at home were cheering me on.

Now it was time to get my dream job.  I headed over to Rustler's Den and dazzled the boss with my martial arts skill and athletic prowess.  I was a shoe-in for the job and sure enough, I had a voice mail when I got home letting me know I should start the next day at 10 am.

I leave you with one last celebration.  At age 76 Mom tasted her first ambrosia!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 15 - And The Winner Is
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »
Yay!  Ambrosia!  Congratulations on Grand Master and Immortality.   I love this house.  You always seem to make such beautiful things when you set your mind to it. 

PS Dating guy with dad's name a little weird in my book. lol
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'