Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 100851 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 15 - And The Winner Is
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2011, 03:29:53 PM »
Congrats on your second Immortal!  Raven is going great! I think you have a little too many gnomes! It's kinda weird...
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

loveSims

« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2011, 04:37:35 PM »
Congrats on the second immortal! I don't think you can have too many gnomes. I love those little guys ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2011, 05:01:06 PM »
Congrats on the Immortal! I love MA as a Supermax, after a week and a bit in Shang Simla you can be supermaxed!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2011, 08:51:57 PM »
Congrats on the second immortal! I'd go with Parker since I agree with Ricalynn  that being with someone who has your dad's name is kinda creepy...
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »
Congratulation on immortal number two your second dynasty is very inspiring it made me want to do another dynasty in the new town. Especially now that I know it is possible to find all the elements needed for ambrosia.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2011, 11:41:52 PM »
Life or Something Like It

After my graduation we settled into a waiting game.  Parker and Laron were both finishing up high school, so I had to cool my heels until one of them had a birthday.  This gave me time to think about who my ideal choice for a husband would be.  Both had fine traits - Parker was childish and would no doubt be a wonderful father some day.  Laron loved the outdoors and could take over gardening responsibilities from Dad.  Both were handsome.  Decisions, decisions!

I started my career and quickly earned several promotions. 

Both Mom and Dad were contemplating retirement, but decided that they would get bored quickly if they didn't work at least a couple of days a week.  Grams was still painting and sculpting every chance she got and all of our dear departed ones started coming back for visits.

First Lulu...

...then Roux...

...and Gramps rounded out our trio of ghostly visitors.

He and Grams picked up where they left off.

And he managed to startle Roux.  Silly dog doesn't know she's a ghost, too!

We also had a couple of new additions to the family.  You've already met our cat, Dumpling.  We adopted a foal named Eclipse and a dog named Kimo.

Kimo has found his favorite sleeping spot in Mom and Dad's room.

And he hangs out with Roux when she visits.

It was a happy time all in all, but I was anxious to settle down and start a family.  Finally one day I got the phone call I'd been waiting for...

'Hey, Raven,' he said.  'I'm having a birthday party this evening and I'd like you to come.'
'Sure thing, handsome, what would you like for your birthday?'
'Just put a bow on and show up.  That's the only present I want!'

My decision had been made.  The only thing left to do was find a bow and that ring I set aside for just such an occasion.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 16 - Life or Something Like It
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »
Oh! Suspense!  I can't wait to see who it is!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 14 - Home Away From Home
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2011, 06:19:23 AM »
Happy birthday everyone, and congratulations on your second immortal!
I love that screenshot of Raven breaking the boards.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »
Congratulations on your second immortal and happy birthday to everyone.

I can't wait to see who´s birthday Raven is attending.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »
The Wedding That Almost Wasn’t

His mom met me at the door.

‘Come on in, Raven, everyone’s in the living room.  He’ll be so happy you could make it!  Honey, look, Raven’s here!’ she called.

‘Hey you,’ he said with his most winning smile…the one that always makes me melt.
‘Happy Birthday!  I thought this day would never get here,’ I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck to give him the first kiss in what seemed like an eternity. 

The party went on until the wee hours of the morning, full of food, nectar, dancing and general merriment.  We never got a moment to ourselves where I could give him the little gift box that was burning a hole in my skirt pocket and ask him the question that was foremost in my thoughts.  Would he say ‘Yes’?  Would he want a child and would he be willing for that child to become immortal one day?  By the time I got home from the party I was in such turmoil that I barely slept the rest of the night.

The following morning I went outside to my zen garden to break some space rock blocks.  There’s no better way to burn off nervous energy than exercise.  I was so focused on the block in front of me that I never heard the gate open…never heard him steal up behind me until he slipped his arms around my waist.

‘You’re lucky I didn’t toss you to the ground like a sack of potatoes, mister,’ I exclaimed with false bravado.
‘Hmmm, sounds kind of fun,’ he snarled in return.
I turned to face him and knew it was now or never.  Dropping to one knee I brandished the little box with a flourish and asked the question that had kept me tossing and turning all night…

‘Laron Lynn, will you marry me?’

All the squealing and jumping around that followed was a bit embarrassing.  When Laron finally calmed down I slipped the ring on his finger and we sealed our pledge with a hug.

‘I hope you don’t believe in long engagements,’ I said tentatively.
‘I’ve known you were the one for me since the day we met in high school,’ he replied.  ‘I think we’ve waited long enough, don’t you?’

We decided on the spot that my bachelorette party would be the next evening and our wedding would take place the following afternoon.  Nothing fancy, just our families and some friends in the yard at my house…just like Mom and Dad had done.  Speaking of Mom and Dad, I needed to let them know about the engagement.  They had met Laron a while back and liked him well enough, although Dad thought it was a bit creepy that I should marry someone with his name.  I told Dad he needn’t worry.  In order to keep the two Laron Faes separate Dad would remain Laron and my husband would be El (as in Laron Lynn). 

Grams was so excited about the prospect of a wedding that she brought the arch Mom and Dad were married under out of storage.  She spent the afternoon of my bachelorette party setting up the side yard with Mom while Dad played in the sprinkler and I got a day of beauty at the spa.

We held the party at a new dance club in town called The Grind.  The gritty, industrial décor belied the quality of the food and beverages.  Of course, no bachelorette party would be complete without the sparkling nectar shower…

…or the obligatory Chippendales dancer…rawr!

The debauchery lasted until the joint closed sometime around 3 or 4 am.  We all staggered home for a few hours of sleep before the wedding that afternoon.

The sleep did me a world of good.  I woke up well rested, and a well-timed application of the moodlet manager took care of the slight hangover I had.  I took a leisurely bubble bath, fixed my hair and make-up and slipped into my dress.  I looked good even if I did say so myself!  The first guests arrived around 4 pm.  By 5 we were ready to have the wedding ceremony except for one minor detail…El was nowhere to be found.  His parents called him on his cell phone and he gave them some crazy story about something else coming up.  Oh my Goddess!  This was our wedding day and my groom stood me up!  I knew he had a rebellious streak, but this was cruel beyond words. 

The sun was just sinking below the horizon when I finally reached El on his phone.  Oh how I wanted to give him a piece of my mind…to tell him how he didn’t deserve anyone like me!  But something stilled the words in my throat.  When I could finally talk I simply asked him if he wanted to meet at the nearby horse farm to talk, away from the prying eyes of our guests.  He agreed to this, so I slipped away from the party and we met as the last light of day faded into the cool oblivion of night.

‘Why didn’t you show up for our wedding?’ I asked cautiously, afraid of what the answer might be. ‘Don’t you want to marry me?’
‘Of course I want to marry you,’ he replied evenly.  ‘It’s just that I never wanted a big wedding party.  I wanted it to be just you and me.  The more I thought about having to stand in front of all those people the more I knew I just couldn’t go through with it.’
‘Well, could you go through with it now?  It’s just the two of us and I brought the rings…’ I hesitated.
‘You would give up your fancy wedding for me?’ he asked incredulously.
‘You stupid, stupid man!  Don’t you understand it was never about the wedding, it was always about you and me…about US!’

There, beneath the first twinkling stars, El and I exchanged vows, rings, and our first kiss as man and wife.

Of course there would be the devil to pay when we showed back up at the party, but for that one moment in time our world was perfect.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 17 - The Wedding That Almost Wasn't
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2011, 02:49:23 PM »
Looks like Raven is following in the footsteps of Jocelyn from your other dynasty.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2011, 03:27:03 PM »
Congratulations to the happy couple!   Great update !
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

loveSims

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »
Congrats on the wedding! It was so romantic that he want it only be the two of them.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »
I am pleased to see that they are starting off on the right foot,it is not about the wedding it is about the marriage of two people in love and wanting to spend the rest of his life together.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2011, 01:51:49 PM »
Raven’s Hatchling

El and I walked hand in hand back to what was left of our wedding party.  Most of the guests had already gone home, but our parents were waiting for us and they didn’t look happy.

‘Do you even know how much effort your grandmother and I put into this party?!’ Mom scolded.
‘But Mom…’ I started.
‘Don’t you ‘But Mom’ me, young lady,’ she said.  ‘You are in SO much trouble!’

Dad was a quiet man, and when he did talk it was mostly to the plants in his garden or to himself…the insanity thing if you know what I mean.  I don’t remember him ever uttering more than two coherent words in my whole life, but for just a moment it was as if a veil had been lifted and he could see things with utter clarity.

‘Meggy, dear,’ he said, ‘leave the kids alone about this.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves just fine and Raven is married – what more could you want from a wedding party?’

Mom was stunned into silence for perhaps the first time ever, then she burst out laughing.  She threw her arms around Dad and gave him the kind of kiss that only people truly in love can share.  The last El and I saw of them they were heading upstairs towards their bedroom with their arms around one another.  Ahhh, romance!

‘Grams, why don’t you go and relax.  El and I will clean up out here,’ I said as I kissed her cheek.
‘Okay, dear, thank you.  Don’t work too hard though, remember you only get one wedding night so be sure to enjoy it,’ she replied with a wink.

We took Grams’ advice and, after a quick trip to the mirror for El…

…we settled in to enjoy our first night as a married couple.

El loved the outdoors and as soon as he saw Dad’s garden all of his political aspirations flew out the window.  Dad took him under his wing and taught him everything he knew about gardening.  Thanks to the fine grove of money trees Dad planted, El was able to progress quite rapidly in his career as a self-employed gardener.  As for me, I seemed to be earning a promotion almost every day.  I was best friends with all my accomplices at work and had a healthy friendship with the boss.  Everything was going exactly as I hoped.

The rest of the family was doing well, too.  Grams had her painting and sculpting to keep herself busy.  Mom and Dad had both reached the pinnacle of their careers but neither one was ready to retire.  Fortunately they didn’t have to work very much so they had plenty of time to devote to their hobbies.  As I mentioned, Dad and El spent time in the garden, although Dad seemed to spend most of his time playing in the sprinklers while he tutored El.  Mom spent all her spare time with our animals.  She learned to ride so that when Eclipse was full grown she could enter him in competitions at the Equestrian Center. 

Remember that unicorn Mom met…well she finally got the nerve to invite her to join our family.  Prairie was already an elder when she came to live with us, but unicorns live longer than other animals so we’re hopeful that she will be with us for a long while yet.

Kimo and Roux are inseparable…

…and Dumpling has found herself a place among the gnomes.

Speaking of gnomes, we know have TWO freezer bunnies riding llamas!

One night I came home from work to find El waiting up for me, which surprised me since I don’t get home from work until after 3 am.

‘What’s wrong, honey?’ I asked.
‘Nothing’s wrong…’ he hesitated.  ‘It’s just that…well…I love you…and I love our life together…’
‘I do, too,’ I reassured.
‘I know you’re working on advancing your career, but…I think we should start our family,’ he blurted out, afraid of what I might say.

I sat there staring at him.  Of course we would have a family eventually.  I really hadn’t given it much thought just yet, I was more focused on achieving my career goals - only four more promotions until I would be the Emperor of Evil (mwaa haa haa).  I paused for a moment as I thought the idea over…I could take a short maternity leave and still easily reach the top of my career before my elder birthday…

‘Say something, Raven,’ El said quietly.
‘Okay.’
‘What?!,’ he asked.
‘I said okay.  Let’s have a nooboo.’

It was as though someone had flipped a switch inside El.  He leapt to his feet, swept me up into his arms, and carried me up the stairs to our bedroom…

We were thrilled a few days later to find out that I was pregnant.

Of course my criminal career was on hold during the pregnancy, but I found plenty of things to occupy myself around town.  The spa quickly became my favorite place.  El went with me one day so he could learn how to give a proper massage.  At the first sign of a back ache he was right there with his magic hands!  Too bad those hands couldn’t work some magic once the labor pains started, though.

Mom and Grams stayed by my side throughout the whole thing.  Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the newest Fae arrived.

This is my daughter, Callie.  She loves the outdoors and is insane…just like Dad.  I’m quite certain that life just got more interesting!

anything