Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 191283 times)

Offline DeNile

• Occult
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Sam's Dream Realized
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2011, 07:19:09 PM »
Ahw...
All of my favorite stories are getting put on hold because of Medieval!  :'(

Agreed, they really are. Ah well, I guess it's an awesome game then. I wouldn't know though. Have fun katluvr!
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2011, 01:36:23 AM »
Have fun! I wouldn't know either, Medieval wasn't the reason mine went on hold I promise!  ;D The only sims games I will buy are EP's or SP's!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2011, 03:30:06 AM »
I honestly haven't played much this week because I have too much real life stuff going on and not feeling great, so I pretty much get home from work, do my housework, and go to bed...rinse, repeat.

TSM started off slowly for me, it wasn't an instant hit like TS3 was, but it's quite good in its own way.  It is really different than TS3 and if you don't like RPG style of play it may not appeal to you.  There is no building - all you can do is furnish, dress, and recolor - that was one of my biggest disappointments.  The other thing is that you can't create your own story like you can in TS3 - you do have choices about how your kingdom plays out, but there is still a script that you pretty much have to follow. 

I plan to work on my dynasty this weekend, so it's not on a long hold.   :)  Thanks for being patient!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2011, 06:52:16 AM »
Hope you feel better soon.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2011, 01:24:13 AM »
Hope you feel better soon, Katluvr. TSM has been eating into my Dynasty game time as well!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2011, 02:00:07 PM »
Thank you for all the well wishes - feeling much better and finally able to spend some quality time with my dynasty.  A lot has happened, so this is gonna be a long update.  I'll let Jemma fill you in.

Special thanks to Ausette and lilygirl for their fabulous maternity wear and to samoht4 for editing a flying paparazzi out of the screenshot of Jasmine dabbling at her workbench.  I never cease to be amazed and impressed by the talent and creativity of this community!

~~~~~

Welcome Jasmine Starr

I think it was Jeremey's brilliant idea...I don't quite recall...but someone decided it would be great if the whole family took an extended trip to China.  So Mom, Grandpa, Jori, Jeremey and I all piled into the car for a three week trip.

Shortly after arriving we had a bit of excitement when a local thug decided to try and rob our house.  Even with a burglar alarm the Chinese police are dreadfully slow, so Jeremey took matters into his own hands and put a beat down on the would-be robber.

I hate to say it, but after that the trip quickly devolved into a monotonous routine...Jori out in her zen garden breaking space rock blocks, Jeremey out looking for adventure, Grandpa playing computer games, and Mom dropping not so subtle hints about wanting a grandchild when she wasn't stewing herself in the hot tub.  It was all too much.  I caved first and came home after a week.  Everyone else followed quickly.  So much for family togetherness!

Mom was still after Jori to have a baby.  For some reason she got this idea into her head after visiting her old friend Amir Hart.  She held his grandson and that was all she wrote...nooboo fever!

Jori and I talked about having children, and she was very much of a mind to wait until she was an adult and had made good progress on her career goals.  Never underestimate the power of a mother to work miracles, though.  As soon as they got home from China, Jori and Jeremey got right down to business...

...with predictable results.

Jori redecorated the nursery.  I think it came out quite nice.

We all know what this means...

...I'm proud to announce the birth of my niece, Jasmine Starr.  She's eccentric and friendly, just like me!

Mom was in her glory!

Before we knew it, Jasmine's birthday was upon us.  Heaven help us, there's a toddler on the loose!

Up until now everyone in the family has preferred muted colors like seafoam and gray.  Not my niece.  Her favorite color is violet.  It gave my sister a chance to indulge in some *cough* vivid choices of dress for our little princess.

Jori was a natural at motherhood.  She pretty much single-handedly taught Jasmine all her skills.

She even told Jasmine about Dad.  When she grows up a bit we'll take her across the street to visit him and grandma.

Apparently Dad is enjoying the afterlife.  He goes out on the town almost every night.  I wish he would stop by the house for a visit.

In the middle of all the excitement around the house because of our newest addition, Jori, Jeremey and I all had birthdays.  At our age they passed exactly as they should...quietly and without a lot of fuss.  One funny thing, though.  I had my hair pulled back and noticed how much I looked like Grandma.  Just for giggles I tried on this old-fashioned hairstyle I saw when I was looking through a photo album in Grandpa's bedroom.

*cue the theme to The Twilight Zone*

Author's Note:  I dug up an old pic of Agnes from when she first married Jackson and the similarity between her and Jemma is spooky.  I didn't do anything to Jemma other than put on Agnes' original hairstyle - the hair color is the one she was born with.  Her eyes are a bit bigger and wider, but the chin and mouth are all Agnes.

But I digress.  Jeremey had a midlife crisis of sorts and decided that he no longer wanted a career in professional sports.  One trip to France he caught nectar fever.  He bought a couple of nectar makers and built a small nectary on our property where our family cemetery used to be.  

The ground floor is cozy nectar bar where friends can gather to sample his latest concoctions.

Downstairs is a nectar cellar.  This is where the magic happens!  I upgraded both nectar makers for him, and Jeremey is cranking out some pretty impressive vintages.

Even Mom has gotten into the act by sculpting nectar racks.  This led to a not so amusing little incident.

Considering how Grandma met Grim this is not a good sign!  Fortunately Mom has a couple of Death Flowers with her at all times for just such an emergency.

Jori is finally progressing nicely in her career.  It had stagnated for a while because her team just couldn't seem to win a game.  My career is going along nicely.  I finally achieved my LTW of becoming a creature robot cross breeder and shortly thereafter was promoted to mad scientist.  Jeremey thought that was pretty ironic considering my *cough* insane *cough* behavior at times.  Now I can perform experiments around the house!

The experiment on our stove didn't turn out so great.  Oh well, we got three of them for free in one day just because we're celebrities.  Life is good!

In all the craziness, Jasmine managed to have yet another birthday.  

Her eccentric side has already emerged.  She sat down to a slice of birthday cake and promptly asked Grandpa for vegetables.  And they think I'm insane!  

She seems to take more after Jeremey than Jori.  She has pretty auburn hair, brown eyes, and Jeremey's lips (thank you, Christopher Steel).  I think she'll be quite a looker when she's a teenager.  With a mom who is a master of martial arts and both parents with maximum athletic skill, her potential boyfriends better be on their best behavior!  She is also very neat, just like Dad.  At least some Starr genes got passed along.

Jasmine got an inventor's workbench for her birthday and immediately started dabbling.  

We put her workbench across from Mom's sculpting station and plopped a dive well in between.  That way if either one of them bursts into flames (again), they can jump right in to put themselves out.  I know a shower would be more conventional, but Mom thought the dive well was a nice touch given Dad's penchant for tomb raiding.

Jori redecorated Jasmine's bedroom.  It certainly packs a wallop!  It ought to be interesting when Jasmine gets older and redecorates the whole house.   ::)

Our princess was not too happy about her first day of school.  She's an excellent student, though, and will no doubt make the honor roll.

She only got one day under her belt when Jeremey got the travel bug and convinced Jori and I to bring Jasmine to France.  It will give her a chance to practice inventing, me a chance to do some landscaping and decorating, and Jeremey a chance to obtain some rare grape varieties.  Jori sent her board breaker over so she can practice her skills and hopefully find some gems in the process.

Everything was going according to plan, but we failed to count on a crucial difference between Sunset Valley and Champs les Sims.  We have paparazzi hanging around our property all the time at home.  They're mildly annoying, but reasonably well behaved.  If they really get to us we can escape indoors or to the pool (locked gates are a wonderful thing!)  Here in France the paparazzi come right inside the house, completely uninvited!  The GALL!  (See what I did there...gall...Gaul...France... *crickets* ...well I amuse myself at least.)

Jori absolutely snapped when she found one of them taking pictures of Jasmine asleep in her bedroom.  This means WAR!  She opened a can of whoop-butt on the unsuspecting woman, to no avail.

The broad had the nerve to take a dip in our hot tub to soothe her aches and pains after the fistfight.  There was nothing we could do, no way to evict her from our home.  Jori followed her around and they got into several more fistfights before the woman finally looked at her and said, 'It's getting late, I should be going.'  Really?!  You think?!  Un-freakin-believable!

Jori went around the property and locked every door and gate so that only our family can even approach the house or get into the outbuildings.  So much for hiring a maid.  It's a good thing Jasmine likes to clean - we all may be doing a lot of it for the rest of the trip.  It's a small price to pay not to have strangers accosting us in our own house.

We have twelve more days here, which is wonderful.  I'll leave you with a picture of our home since I've started landscaping.  It's a work in progress, but I've got plenty of time to garden to my heart's content.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Welcome Jasmine Starr, Generation 4!
« Reply #201 on: April 10, 2011, 02:13:32 PM »
Wooow... Beautiful. :)
That paparazzi went too far! >:(
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #202 on: April 10, 2011, 02:16:09 PM »
One other quick update that really didn't fit into the flow of the story.  I wanted to share a picture of the Immortal Museum as it currently stands.

It is on the first basement level.  The level below contains a gem collection and all kinds of relics from the family's travels.  I'll post a pic of that at another time.

The Immortal Museum is an octagon, just like the house, with each immortal having one wall dedicted to him/her.  I have opted for portraits and ice sculptures only, since space is limited and it took Jessica a long time to take decent photos.  I'm also including any special awards each immortal received (except for certificates which are in the collection room, one level down.)  

There is a smaller octagon in the middle of the room that is reserved for photo's/portraits of each spouse.  I am including a single photo or portrait, preferably at the YA or A stage, however Agnes's photo is as an elder.  This covers half the wall space.  The other half is for Jemma's portraits at each life stage.  Again, due to space limitations I have decided not to make ice sculptures of her.  There is a small seating area in the middle of the small octagon, from which to admire the spouses/Jemma.

The space around the outside of the small octagon is available for random photos of any family member.  I like to have Jessica take candid shots that each immortal can decorate their bedroom with.  The overflow goes down here.

Another tradition I have started is having a bridal portrait painted of each immortal.  This hangs over the head of their bed and follows them when they move upstairs to make way for the next generation.

It's very much a work in progress.  I haven't decided any of the decor for the finished product.  In the meantime I'm keeping it to neutrals and earth tones.  Hopefully inspiration will strike before the dynasty is done.   ;D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2011, 02:22:47 PM »
Beautiful museum~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #204 on: April 10, 2011, 03:31:01 PM »
I love your French Chateau, very pretty!

The nerve of some paparazzi, I recently had one break into my home, I was so angry at him!  He left when one Sim tried to scare him.

"Even Mom has gotten into the act by sculpting nectar racks.  This led to a not so amusing little incident."

Is it bad then that the picture made me totally laugh? LOL

Beautiful Museum, great job!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #205 on: April 10, 2011, 03:48:47 PM »
Congratulations on generation four, Katluvr. I am really enjoying this story. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #206 on: April 10, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »
Welcome Jasmine!   I have to say I love your house, they layout and everything else that goes with it.  Very well done even if you don't feel inspired. 

Glad you're feeling better and the update was well worth the wait!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »
Haha! That picture with Jasmine and the inventing work bench in the background there is a flying man!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
Welcome Jasmine! Awesome updates!! Beautiful museum! Paparazzi can drive you crazy! 

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »
Welcome little Jasmine! Love her room, especially the "built-in" bed. (Can I steal that idea? It would work so well in the house I'm currently working on.)
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything