Author Topic: Frozen Game  (Read 39859 times)

loveSims

Re: Frozen Game
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 05:21:38 PM »
Well, I'm not sure if these are the specs, but here you go:

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

is that what you needed?
What is your graphic card?

zelieandsophia

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 11:46:07 PM »
What is your graphic card?

How do I find this?

Also how do I delete caches?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 05:06:13 AM »
To delete cache's go to my documents> Electronic Arts>Sims 3>DCBackup> and delete everything in there.

loveSims

Frozen Game
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 05:37:52 AM »
You will find everything you need in this thread. I learn a lot from it.www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,463.0.html

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 05:53:48 AM »
My game never freezes now, I just tried factory reset

loveSims

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 06:35:28 AM »
To find out what graphic card you have, right click on your home screen, click on screen resolution then click advanced settings and you will see what card you have under adapter information.

zelieandsophia

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 06:41:38 PM »
My game never freezes now, I just tried factory reset

What is factory reset? How can I get it/use it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

zelieandsophia

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »
To find out what graphic card you have, right click on your home screen, click on screen resolution then click advanced settings and you will see what card you have under adapter information.

I couldn't find my graphic card, but under Graphics/Display, this is the information I got.

NVIDIA GeForce 9400:

Chipset Model:   NVIDIA GeForce 9400
  Type:   Display
  Bus:   PCI
  VRAM (Total):   256 MB
  Vendor:   NVIDIA (0x10de)
  Device ID:   0x0867
  Revision ID:   0x00b1
  ROM Revision:   3379
  Displays:
iMac:
  Resolution:   1680 x 1050
  Depth:   32-Bit Color
  Core Image:   Hardware Accelerated
  Main Display:   Yes
  Mirror:   Off
  Online:   Yes
  Quartz Extreme:   Supported
  Built-In:   Yes
Display Connector:

Is this what you need?

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 08:09:38 PM »
solution: clean your game's cache or do a factory reset. Take a look at Technical Help box, you'll find all you need about that.

Also, your computer spec is a little too low to handle the game.
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 08:14:55 PM »
Here is how you do a factory reset. Also, I had real bad lagging in my Dynasty in Riverview and I moved them to Sunset Valley and it helped. This is how you do that. Good luck, I hope you can fix it.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 02:33:49 PM »
Do you play The sims 3 with High/Medium/Low graphics? And do you have edge smoothing on? And what number is your high detail lots on? Maybe if you turn down some of these it'll run better? Even if you only turn 1 down?

zelieandsophia

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »
Okay, so i did a factory reset and also made all the graphics / resolution low or off. It still freezes! Any help?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 09:47:05 PM »
If someone has a solution, I would love to know. Other than factory resets, mods and turning graphics down. Mine pauses alot too, but the most noticeable time is between 3:59 and 4:01 am. I noticed the fish spawners respawn about 4 am, so I went through my town and removed every single fish spawner, except the deathfish at the graveyard and the ones on the beach, and it still pauses, so I have no clue what to do.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:35 PM »
If it's related to pets, there is a good possibility that this has something to do with the spawning of the wild horses as well.  Or maybe they get caught on the map somewhere and it makes life difficult for them.

There is also a possibility that your file is completely bogged down.  Does it freeze with a new game?  Memories, cars and bad spiral staircases can cause a lot of issues in older games.

I think part of Zelie's problem is also that you're running an older version of the Mac OS.   You're running 10.5.?? exactly.   The game requires 10.5.7 at least so you should be able to do it but because you have so many extra expansion packs and only 2GB, it's really going to bog down the system. 

Macs are notorious for having problems with Pets because of horse spawning and everything like that.  Usually if I get a bad pause, I hit the P button on the keyboard and wait.  After 5 minutes (yes 5), try to hit the buttons Command + tab.   This will work if you play in fullscreen mode.  It's basically alt tab.   If your computer makes the sound that says "No Way, Nuh uh, Ain't Doing it Sister".  It means the game really is frozen and not just processing.   To avoid having to hold the button down on the back of the monitor (the way you turn off a iMac), I used to just keep hitting Command + Tab until the computer was smart enough to shut down the game itself.  It will then create a report to send off and you can then show that to customer support or us probably and someone might know what it means. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »
There is also a possibility that your file is completely bogged down.  Does it freeze with a new game?  Memories, cars and bad spiral staircases can cause a lot of issues in older games.
Yes it does. New game, old game it doesn't make a difference. I've basically gotten used to it, but it is super annoying. Next time I play I'll try resetsim * to see if that makes a difference.