Author Topic: The {Appleby} Legacy  (Read 2483 times)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
The {Appleby} Legacy
« on: April 11, 2012, 07:52:50 PM »
Well. My Tunic Legacy file was corrupted (full details here) and the Legacy has been discontinued. However, it was not long before I was itching to start playing again, and here we have The Applebys!

This Legacy will be written in the same style as the Tunic Legacy (that is, comical and story-based) and will also, again, have each chapter devoted to just a few sim days worth of story.  However, this is in no way a re-try on the Tunic Legacy. There will be a totally different storyline, different characters, different neighborhood... you get the picture. I will be playing by basic Legacy rules (found here, if you're interested) but not scoring, and I will also be choosing traits.

And now, to introduce our Founder, Edith Appleby, and her story.

Edith Appleby was born on the Upper Side of Bridgeport, and an only child. When she was fourteen, she released her first record, under the name of "Eddie A", and shot to international fame. Her whole teenage years were spent traveling all over the world, singing and signing deals. Edith rarely saw her parents, although she knew they were hard at work, building up her career.

Then one day, as Edith's limo was on it's way home from the exclusive university she attended, Edith smelt smoke in the air. By the time she arrived home, her house was ash, and her parents had been killed. Nobody knew how the fire started, but it was spectulated the fire was a product of arson, and the flames had been meant to kill the teen star, not her parents.

There was no money left. Edith's father had never trusted banks, and had kept all his money inside his now non-existent home. Without the support and money of her parents, Edith's career hit rock-bottom within a few weeks of the fire. At only nineteen, Edith was already making millions for every tabloid in Bridgeport. So she left. With nothing but her few suviving clothes, a few hundred dollars of pocket money, she traveled halfway across SimNation to a sleepy little ranch town. Appaloosa Plains.

Will Edith find a future in Appaloosa Plains? Will she be recognised as "Eddie"? And how on earth will she get enough cash to buy a sink?
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The {Appleby} Legacy
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:06:26 PM »
This is a fabulous start! I didn't read your other legacy but I'm sure this one will be great.  :D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »
This is a fabulous start! I didn't read your other legacy but I'm sure this one will be great.  :D
Thank you alex! The first chapter will be up very soon :)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:01:20 PM »
Chapter One: New Beginnings

Standing outside the giant lot, Edith Appleby looked across the field to the trees beyond. In her singing days, she had been touted as a "modern day Snow White", and it wasn't hard to see why. In amongst peroxide-blonde girls with orange-brown tans, she had certainly stood out.  Edith shook her head. Remembering the past wasn't going to help anyone.

Her new home. Attempting to stop the memory of the three-story mansion in Bridgeport pushing into her mind, she put on a fake announcer's voice.
"And here, we have our absolute best peice of property! Including all the modern ammities you've come to expect, like a toliet! We couldn't actually afford a fourth wall for the bathroom, but that's okay. It has a roof! A beautiful kitchen is also included, as well as a state-of-the art dining area! What? Minimalism is very chick right now! And finally, a soft, warm bed, with it's own invisible skylight to look at the stars!"

Unable to even make herself laugh, Edith flopped down on the cheap, plastic chair.
What a way to find out every inch of your success was from your parent's money, eh? She thought in despair. To be honest, she didn't feel the grief she thought she would over her parent's death. She missed them, but this feeling wasn't nearly as strong as when her beloved goldfish had died. She had probably spent more time with that fish than either of her parents.
Edith had no plan for the future. She had just sworn she would never sing again. Edith had manged to deduce that if she couldn't ride a horse here, she better get a job. And, she thought, with a sudden flash of inspiration, What about Business?

Walking down the main street of Appaloosa Plains, Edith tried not to be disspointed she wasn't reconised. Sure, she was here to make a fresh start, but some charity from fans never hurt anyone, did it? But she walked into the little Business office, and soon found herself with a job, and a boss, for the first time in her life.

Just outside a little park in town, Edith sat and considered her life. She had never been a particularly good person, but she knew she had a heart somewhere. The problem was she was very self-centred, Dramatic, and Over-Emotional. She had good people skills though. She was a born Schmoozer, always able to get whatever she wanted, and she was Charismatic as well.  There was something else, though... Edith just couldn't put her finger on what.
About to get up, Edith heard a sharp whinny from behind her. She spun around.

There was the most majestic creature Edith had ever laid eyes on. As she walked towards it, she suddenly realised her 5th trait. Equestrian. The horse was stunning. It reminded Edith of herself somehow, and a book she had read when she was much younger; Black Beauty. There was the exact horse, standing right in front of her.
Caught up in childish wonder, Edith walked towards the animal, trying to touch it.

As soon as she was close enough to touch the horse, the animal reared up. Edith jump backwards in fright, shocked at how high above her it was, then, it turned, and ran back across the park, into the forest beyond. Edith stood, shocked, for a moment, the regained her pose.

A woman was walking towards Edith, smiling happily. She was wearing riding clothes, like a lot of the people she'd seen in this town.

The woman introduced herself, and Edith did the same.
"I'm Edith Appleby, but you can call my Eddie. Everyone does"
A flicker of recognition crossed the woman's face at the name, but she shook her head and beamed at Edith again.
"Nice to meet you."
So, soon, Edith had made a friend.

Edith spoted a man across the park. Not bad looking, thought Edith But the sunnies are a bit off...
Despite the dodge glasses, Mr. Singleton (Promising name, thought Edith) proved to be a very nice fellow.
Edith headed home, happy with her two new friends.

"There's supposed to be smoke when you cook, isn't there?" Edith wondered aloud as she grilled her Hot Dogs.

Not that much smoke. Edith did, indeed burn the Hot Dogs to a crisp. And ate them anyway.

Edith was asleep before her head hit the pillow. It had been a big first day, but Edith knew there would be a bigger one tomorrow.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The {Appleby} Legacy
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 11:59:48 PM »
I really enjoyed this! What is going to happen next?

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 01:47:27 AM »
I really enjoyed this! What is going to happen next?
Thanks! And you'll have to wait and find out...  ;)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 02:57:37 AM »
I'm sorry about the Tunics but I'm glad you're starting a new legacy.

Edith looks very pretty. Great start.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 05:34:07 AM »
I like your story a lot! Edith is beautiful. Excellent writing! Can't wait for more. ;D

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 11:44:35 PM »
Chapter Two: From Bad to... Better?

It's Edith's first day as a Coffee Courtier, and she's nervous, but excited. It'll be nice to have money in her own hands.

After a long and tiring day at work, Edith decides that it's time to find something out. All she could think about last night was that beautiful black horse. Who does it belong to?
If anyone will know, Edith reasons, it will be the people at the Equestrian Centre Training Grounds

Edith chats to an old man, Tate, inside the barn.
"Sir," Edith asks uncertainly "Do you know who owns that black horse that was running around town yesterday?"
Tate frowns at her "You don't mean the animal with the white stripe on it's head?"
"Yes, that horse" Edith answers, leaning foward in excitement. She's shocked when Tate lets out a short, gruff laugh.
"Owns?" He laughs "It's wild, silly girl. I doubt anyone could own it, even if they wanted to." He turns and walks away.

Edith is disappointed, and quite annoyed. That man had no right to talk to her like that. Didn't he know who she was?
No, Edith realised with a jolt. He didn't.

Edith walked out of the stables, ready to head back home and probably have a nice long cry. Because she was totally lost here, and nothing was going right. No money, no car, no house, no lov-
Oh
And there was Edith's boss, Bejamin Schmidt. She'd met him today, only seeing him for second, but he was on her mind all day. There was something about his roguish hair and beard, and according to office gossip, he was very eligible.
"Hello, Edith!" He called out. Edith felt a flutter in her chest that he'd remembered her name.
'Hi! Um, what are you doing here? I mean, Mr-"
"Call me Benjamin." He smiled "And I'm here with a friend, he wanted to check out some mares." Edith thanked her lucky stars he hadn't asked why she was here. Oh, i'm just here asking about the owner of a WILD HORSE!
The two got chatting.

Soon, it turned to something else. But before anything but a flirty joke could be uttered, Edith realised it was almost eleven o'clock, and she had work tomorrow. She muttered a hasty goodnight, and fled off.

The next morning, Edith realised she needed a shower. Seriously needed a shower. So she headed to the gym before work.

She worked hard, but didn't quite get the promotion she was after. It might have had something to do with avoiding her boss all day.

But when her shift finished, Edith realised she had to know were she stood. She dialed nervously Benjamin's number, fingers shaking.

Whe he arrived at the park, Edith explained everything to him. How confused she was here, how strange it was not getting whatever she wanted, how she didn't even know how she felt anymore. Benjamin smiled at her.
"Edith, I'm sorry. I can't help your confusion with anything... anything else than this."

Then he kissed her. And the world seemed to make perfect sense again.

After a few more kisses, Edith told Benjamin how she felt. She wanted to be his girlfriend. Benjamin readily agreed. And although Edith felt like staying in the park with him forever, she bidded him a reluctant goodnight.

Edith rose the next morning for work, thoughts of Benjamin swarming in the head. She packed up her sleeping bag, and made herself a quick breakfast.

Edith was finally promoted, and headed to the libary after work to lower her stress levels. She was hardly a girl used to working hard.

Reading was nice, but what was even more fun? Heading to her boyfriend's beach-themed party! And seeing Benjamin in his swimmers...

Edith ended up staying the night. And oh, yeah... PILLOW FIGHT!

After her first sleep in a proper bed for a long time, Edith helps herself to breakfast at Benjamin's before work.

Some Charisma practise after work, and Edith  is soon at Level 1!

As Edith eats her cold dinner, she realises she's not as unlucky as she thought. She's got food in her belly, she doesn't quite have a roof over her head, but she's working on it. And an amazing boyfriend.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 03:22:26 AM »
Ah, that's very nice, Ruby.  Eddie really does look like Snow White!  Can't wait to see the a nooboo.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 03:31:34 AM »
I'm sorry about the Tunics but I'm glad you're starting a new legacy.

Edith looks very pretty. Great start.

I like your story a lot! Edith is beautiful. Excellent writing! Can't wait for more. ;D

Ah, that's very nice, Ruby.  Eddie really does look like Snow White!  Can't wait to see the a nooboo.  :)

Thanks Gogo, lovesSims and Pam! I am actually really pleased at how this Legacy is going :)
And Pam, neither can I!

loveSims

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 07:31:27 AM »
I hope she find the black horse. Benjamin look nice in a swimsuit! ;)

Offline GlassMirrors

• Townie
  • What? Never seen a dancing waffle before?
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »
Nice story! Eddie is really pretty! I hope she finds that black horse (:

Can't wait to read more!
My Links!

• ➸ The Marshall Legacy

Offline Markel1970A

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 06:05:43 PM »
I really like this story. Ari really does look like Snow White. LOL

Offline pipsqueaks

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
Fun start! I hope this legacy works out for you!