Author Topic: The Pharoah Dynasty - COMPLETE!  (Read 23497 times)

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - Immortal 6!
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »
It worked, but just with one file.  Luckily it was the newest backup file and not the other one.  The one that actually works has Cleo as a teenager so I'll have to play through a lot of it to get to where I am now.  The other one had Seti just being born and Tori was still alive.  That... probably would have made me mad enough to end this one and start another one sometime.  SO, I'll try to speed-play through this and hopefully I'll have an update in the next few days.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2012, 06:42:27 PM »
Well, I've hit a bit of a block.  Since I had to revert to a backup file, I'm going to have to replay all of Cleo's teenage years and most of her young adult life to catch up where I was before it happened.  I'm just having a really hard time getting the drive to play through it again.  It's aggravating since I'm so close to being done either way.  Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get around it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2012, 05:37:14 PM »
The Pharoah family has finished their challenge, they are all Immortal! However, I won't be able to update any until We get internet set up. Typing on the phone is less than pleasant.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2012, 06:15:31 PM »
Looking forward to an official update,much congratulations for completing an immortal dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2012, 05:29:27 AM »
Congratulations on completing your dynasty!

Offline OhMyZeus

• Llama Wrangler
    • Fruity Zeus for Life!
The Pharoah Dynasty - Immortal 6!
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »

Congrats!
The Floss Immortal Dynasty Updated 30th July 2012

Fruity Zeus for Life!

If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2012, 02:11:54 PM »
34.  Cleopatra - Promotions and Wrinkles

Life has a way of suprising you, I'd say.  When Ptolemty grew up, his hair darkened, but everything else is still the same.

He doesn't like to be in crowds, so he tries to hide himself as best as he can, though I'm not sure how well it works out.  Oh well, if he wants to cover his face, I guess that's alright with me.

Being in politics means a lot of schmoozing and parties, so whenever I throw one, yes, he gets his suit on, but he'll just stay in his room writing his newest book.  Who knew my baby would be so creative?

We weren't able to document life at this point very well, the immortals all sat around watching tv, and I only had to go to work and get a couple more portraits done.  Ptolemy got most of his opportunities through school, and he very quickly got thousands of simoleons a week in royalties.  He's a good boy, always trying to do what's best.

I will say, however, when he asked me to teach him how to drive, my heart stopped for a moment.  Daddy just laughed.

I quickly rose through the ranks of politicians and backstabbers, and became Leader of the Free World.  It was an amazing feeling, knowing I was in charge of the well-being of millions of people.  It was a wonderful day.

All I had left was to become an elder and get my last portrait finished.  Time flies by, doesn't it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2012, 02:20:01 PM »
35.  Ptolemy - Beginning to End

Mom passed this to me finally, when my young adult birthday came around.  Yes, I'm an amazing author, but my heart isn't in this book, so you'll have to forgive me for not being to eloquent.

I'd spent my whole childhood writing so I could have a little fun at this age.  Now, we don't have any pictures, mainly so Menes won't find out, but I quickly fathered three children.  All vampires.  That outta put a bit of a dent in his plans.  Even if it doesn't, why shouldn't I be allowed to have children, just because I'm the eighth?

Mom became an elder and retired, but, suprisingly, kept her grey hair.

When I asked her why she didn't dye it like the others, she just smiled, shrugged, and said looks weren't everything.  Besides, apparently it's a right of passage or something.  I have no idea.

After Tut painted her portrait, Mom went to the replicators, grabbed some of the nasty smelling Ambrosia, and dug in.

Meaning my mother, Cleopatra Pharoah, became the 7th immortal of the family.  I guess it's all on me now, isn't it?

That's okay though, after posing so much, after reaching the top of my writing career and everything else I was supposed to do, all we had to do was wait for me to become an elder.  Ugh.  It took quite a long time, but since all I had to do was get older, we all figured we could wait awhile.  It was hard to do.

But I finally reached the family's goals.  I, Ptolemy Pharoah, became Immortal 8 of the Pharoah family.

----------------
Sorry for the short updates, but it's been awhile since I finished this and I couldn't remember some of the details because I forgot to write a few of them down.  Next up is all the immortals with their museum rooms, and then the finish.  Mwaha.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - The Museum
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2012, 02:29:24 PM »

Left to Right:  Gen 1, Menes; Gen 2, Tut; Gen 3, Hatshepsut; Gen 4, Ramses; Gen 5, Akhenaten; Gen 6, Seti; Gen 7, Cleopatra; Gen 8, Ptolemy
Completed:  Week 50, Day 1
Total Museum Value:  $255,577

Generation 1:  Menes
Value:  $51,505

Generation 2:  Tut
Value:  $39,925

Generation 3:  Hatshepsut
Value:  $24,904

Generation 4:  Ramses
Value:  $22,231

Generation 5:  Akhenaten
Value:  $22,548

Generation 6:  Seti
Value:  $28,253

Generation 7:  Cleopatra
Value:  $35,577

Generation 8:  Ptolemy
Value:  $30,634

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - COMPLETE!
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »
Ptolemy sighed and leaned back in his chair as he finally closed the notebook for the last time.  The last entry had almost taken it all out of him, it had taken eight generations, but the family's goal was finally complete.  He couldn't help but feel a little unfulfilled though, he couldn't have his children in the house, and he'd basically had to hide them from Menes, but at least they were out there, somewhere, their mothers taking good care of them.  Running a hand over his face, he picked up the notebook and wandered downstairs.

"Hey Mom."

Cleo smiled up at him from the couch and motioned him down, her son obliging her by planting a kiss on her cheek.  "All finished?" she asked him, eyes drifting toward the notebook.

"Yeah, just trying to find Menes."

"I think he's out in the garden."

Ptolemy gave her a smile and went outside, trying to find Menes.  He finally caught a bit of movement in his ancestor's garden, and he hung over the railing, waving the notebook a little, "It's finished."

The old man stopped tending his garden, frozen for a moment, before finally turning around, ancient eyes staring deep into his soul.  "I feel no different," he glared at the youngest of the clan.

"Well, it's done," snapped Ptolemy, tossing the book to him, "Believe it or not, I don't care."  He stalked back inside the house, leaving Menes in his garden.

"Ptolemy!" cried Seti, the rest of the group sobbing, "You came back inside just in time!"

"In time for...?" Ptolemy started, but glanced to where everyone was looking, "MOM!"

His mother's ghost smiled and put a hand on his cheek, "Don't worry son, it was supposed to happen this way.  We'll see each other again, I promise."

The youngest Pharoah cried as hard as he could, but that was only the beginning.  One by one, the family surrounding him slowly withered away, fading into dust and shadow like his mother had just done.  He stood there, alone, grief-stricken, until the door slowly opened.  Menes stood there with murder in his eyes, "I was supposed to happen to me too."

"I don't care!  They're all dead, what's it matter?"

"THAT WAS THE POINT!" Menes roared, shaking Ptolemy a little, "SO I COULD FINALLY DIE!"

Ptolemy growled and punched the family's patriarch, "I just saw everyone important to me die in front of my face.  What makes you think I care about you?"

Menes' dark eyes darkened even further, and before he knew it, something heavy came down on Ptolemy's head.

--------------------------------

It was dark out, and he couldn't move his arms and legs.  Well, he could wiggle them a little, but not much.  Someone was grumbling a little ways away from him, at least he thought so, it sounded like the other person was in a tunnel.  Ptolemy slowly opened his eyes against his pounding headache, trying to remember what happened.  Oh, Menes had knocked him out!  The man growled and tried to escape from his capture, but to no avail.  He was locked into the Gyro in the yard, and Menes was operating it.

"Well, at least Ramses was good for something," Menes told him, locking their gaze.

"What are you doing?!" Ptolemy yelled, trying to escape.

"You're going to fix this.  I need to die!" Menes snapped, "I don't know where you'll end up, but you'd better do it all right, because I will find you if you don't!"

"Menes, no!" Ptolemy's voice faded away as the other man flipped the switch.  It went faster and faster, getting brighter and brighter, until he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore.

His last conscious thought was of his children, and how he would never see them again...

To be continued....

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!   8)

Very big congrats on this achievement.  I'm moving your story to the completed board.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2012, 05:21:12 PM »
Fantastic job, fanofaband!  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »
You are now officially in the Hall of Fame.  I can't say it enough Congratulations to all the Pharoahs and to you.  Now I can't wait to see how it ends!

:D
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »
Thank you!  It was great fun to play, and we'll be seeing Ptolemy again very soon in a new town.  He gets to do it allllll over again.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »
Congratulations! Ptolemy is an interesting character, I'm glad we'll be seeing more of him.

Once again, congratulations!