Author Topic: The Pharoah Dynasty - COMPLETE!  (Read 23741 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - 4 Immortals, 3 Deaths
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »
Congratulations on immortal number five.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - 4 Immortals, 3 Deaths
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2012, 08:46:49 PM »
Four actually, but thank you!

---------------

24.  Ahkenaten - New Arrivals

A lot's been happening lately, so now's the time for a decent update.

Tori's a Young Adult now, and after she changed her hair and clothes, she ran off to the theater to get a job in music.  She already loves it.

She knows she won't be able to have any children, there's just no room, so Tori adopted a little puppy she named Silver.  Recently, she's discovered her love for dogs, so at least we know little Silver will get plenty of attention.

Silver didn't stay little for too long though, and now we have a huge, grey dog running through the house.  She likes howling along with the piano when Tori plays, so at least they have fun together whenever she's playing.

The night before both Jessa and I's birthday, tragedy struck.  Of course, I would be lying if I said we hadn't been waiting for this day, but it didn't make it any easier.  Mom died, at age 90.  She lived a good long life, reached the goals she set for herself, and while she didn't live long enough to see her grandchild, we all know she was happy.  It was almost as though she sacrificed herself for the family, though she didn't expedite it in any way.

Struck with grief, Jessa and I found solace in each other.

We wouldn't be honoring Mom's memory if we didn't at least try to have a child, would we?

We have both been advancing very quickly at the hospital, and I managed to be named World-Renowned Surgeon the night of my birthday.  Jessa had hers at home, while I had mine right after work.

The next day, Jessa reached the same level as I was, fulfilling her life's wish!  We seemed to breeze through our wishes, and everyone's proud of us.  Even better than that, we found out Jessa's pregnant!  Through the grief of Mom dying, hope springs through.  We both really want a boy, and we should be able to find out soon enough.

Rest in piece, Christen (House) Pharoah.  Magician, wife, mother.  Ever the patient one, for putting up with Dad.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - 4 Immortals, 4 Deaths
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 08:08:31 AM »
Great update just so you know it is possible for a pregnant Sim to do a strength workout using the exercise equipment while pregnant.

Rachel

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
25.  Ahkenaten - Birthdays and Birth

A lot more things have happened at a pretty steady pace, so let's see if I can get this caught up.  I almost wish Dad was still doing it, it's hard to remember to write in this when I'm being called back to the hospital at all hours of the night.

Jessa started showing her pregnancy, and even though they wouldn't let me be her doctor, I could still figure out what we were having.  A boy!

And even though we'd both been through all the classes and everything, it was still panic time when she went into labor.  There's no real practicing for the real thing, is there?

But Jessa's a trooper and brought Seti Pharoah into the world, and yes, she named him herself.  It's a tradition, and I won't go against it.

Everyone's giving us a hand in raising him, especially since Jessa and I have odd hours at the hospital.  Dad really loves spending time with his grandson, and we all think it's evening him out a little bit.

Or... you know... not.

I'm just happy all the Immortals remembered when his birthday was supposed to be.  Like I've said, it's hard for Jessa and I to be on top of things because of work.  It's exhausting.  They threw him a birthday party!

Cute kid, right?  Though I think he spent a little too much time with Tut, his favorite color's hot pink...  But at least he likes black with it.

Jessa and I are both grateful for all the help the Immortals are giving us, but we really wanted to be the ones to teach him his skills.  And so we did!

I... I think I'm hooked.

Tori has been slowly climbing the ranks of her musical career, and was finally offered a job in the orchestra.  She loves her outfit, and in honor of two of my favorite ladies, I figured I should show them off a little.  First is Tori in her quartet outfit.

Then it's Jessa in her formal wear.  She loves red, like a lot of the Pharoah women, but would rather wear the darker end of it than the brighter.

So far, Seti's having a pretty laid-back toddler and childhood.  He's taken an interest in the Nectar-maker Menes brought back from France, but we won't let him near it until he's at least a teenager.  So yeah, my son's had the most laid-back childhood of any of us so far.

He hates school though.  He'd rather be outside harvesting grapes with Menes.  Don't know where he got that from...

Tori's a full adult now, and having a bit of a midlife crisis.  She knows she has to die, so we're letting her spoil herself.  Of course, we can't let her move, but she admitted it was a passing fancy of hers.  Honestly, none of us know what we'd do away from the family, we've all been together so long, it's hard to imagine.  But she got a few new outfits, a new hairdo, and we let her buy herself the most expensive car she could find.  I believe Dad when he says she was an accidental daughter, and we all feel bad about it, so we spoil her when we can.

But she's still as lovely as always.

Her dog, Silver, has mastered hunting and keeps bringing back interesting things she finds.  Like this Diamond Dog.

And somehow, she made it all the way over to the science center and brought back a puppy who looks too much like her to be a natural puppy.  We'll see how Topaz grows up though.

I've been tutoring all the kids I can find, and Seti's on the honor roll because of my help as well.  That's all I needed to finish up Logic.  Now all I need is to become an Elder, have Tut paint my portrait, and I'll join the ranks of the Immortals as well.  I'm a little nervous about it, but that shouldn't be a surprise, I'd think.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - 4 Immortals, 4 Deaths
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 01:42:52 AM »
26.  Seti - Inheritance

So... immortality, living forever, the whole nine yards, yada yada.  Not bad, I think I can handle it.  Not like it matters too terribly much with me anyway, we can only ever have eight on the property, so it's not like I'll be like Grandpa Menes and see everyone die.  Just a few people.  I can handle it.  'sides, it should be fun, living forever, and I'll have plenty of time aging my nectar before drinking it now.  No one can tell me it won't be amazing.

...right, anyway, updates and all that.

A couple days before I turned into a teenager, a paparazzi died...

...Grandpa made another SimBot (I swear they're taking over the town...) named Wendell...

...and Mom found a dusty old lamp with a genie in it.

Seems like most people would be shellshocked with all of that, but I've grown up with this kind of thing.  Seeing it all happen doesn't get a rise out of me anymore, I don't think it ever really did.  Just one of those things that happens, you know?

Then I grew into a teenager.

Yes, I shaved my head, I don't want any hair in my nectar, and yes, I'm a vegetarian.  Have a problem with it?  Shut up.

And then, while Dad was teaching me how to drive, both he and Mom decided it was a great time to turn old.

Honestly?  I think Mom looks better with white hair, and she agrees.  First person in this family to not get hit with a bit of vanity when she grew older.  Dad just wanted things to stay the same.  He... has problems with change, I think.

Grandpa Tut painted Dad's final portrait, and the old ones all sat down for some Ambrosia.  My dad makes the fifth one, and I suppose I'll be the sixth, if I can make it.  But hey, if Grandpa can, then I can, s'all I have to say about it.

Mom and Aunt Tori sat watching tv in the living room, and I was downstairs making nectar, of course.  They seemed a little sad, I guess, but they know they're going to die.  Sad, but true.  Yet another thing I've grown up with.

Yes, yes I do press nectar in my speedo.

Oh yeah, Tori's a Hit Movie Composer now, had to add that in for... posterity... or something, and all the old folks decided to add another couch to the living room.  Guess they were tired of having to stand to watch tv sometimes.

So... yeah... high school... yay...

Whatever.

loveSims

Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - 5 Immortals, 4 Deaths
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 06:46:01 AM »
Congrats on your fith immortal!

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2012, 12:13:11 AM »
Thanks!

So I'm both impressed and upset with Seti right now.  He supermaxxed Nectarology with two days left as a teenager, but he doesn't have any opportunities popping up.  At all.  There was one in school, but I thought Aten had already done it so I didn't have Seti do it.  I put him in the Business career since it doesn't require any skills, but still.  *frowns*  If I end up failing during the 6th generation, I'll be miffed, ohyes.

Anyway, waiting on Jessa to die right now, so it might be awhile before another official update.  Just needed to get all that out at the moment, aha.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2012, 09:41:56 AM »
Congrats on your 5th immortal, my second is nowhere near ambrosia

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »
Congratulations on your immortal over half way there what a fantastic achievement.

Rachel

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2012, 12:31:35 AM »
Thank you!  Please cross your fingers for me, I can see this all going downhill with Seti.  Things just... aren't lining up for him like they're supposed to.  I guess this is what I get for not really planning anything out though, aha...

------------------

27.  Seti - The Last Marriage

Once again, a bunch of stuff happening in a short amount of time, or at least, what whoever ends up reading this will think.  Sometimes I forget to update this, it's just not at the front of my mind.  Ever.

Became a Young Adult and Tut painted my portrait.

While Aunt Tori got old.

Did anyone mention how awesome she is?  She maxed Guitar, Bass, Piano, and Logic.  Too bad she couldn't be an Immortal, huh?

I joined the Business career almost immediately, and somehow my boss ended up quitting after my first day there.  Wonder if that means anything...  It's slow going, not even halfway to the top, but I have time.

Mom finally died.  I feel bad for saying it, but it needed to happen in order for me to marry my girlfriend, Loretta.  We all miss her terribly, but it's part of life in this family.  We all lose our loved ones while we have to go on.

The next day, I invited Loretta over and popped the question.

Of course she said yes, who could resist me?

The old ones all insisted we have a formal wedding, unlike the rest of the family.  It'll be the last time one of us gets married in the house, so I guess it's fitting.  I went along with it because I knew what my life would be like if we just had a private one.  They all got around to setting up an area in the backyard.

Hired a Mixologist and a Singer, and then the wedding started.

(Putting all these pictures in because there are three evil women hovering over me...)

Loretta asked if she could have a makeover, and we all said of course.  We all do it, so why shouldn't she?

Gorgeous, right?  And I'm not just saying that because she's watching what I write.  Love you, baby...

And... scene.

------------
Forgot to mention!  She has purple eyes.  And is gorgeous.  Ohyes.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - 5 Immortals, 5 Deaths
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2012, 05:51:33 AM »
Beautiful wedding and good luck with Sethi everything should work out fine but I have my fingers crossed.

Rachel

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - 5 Immortals, 5 Deaths
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
Thank you!  Things are starting to pick up again, so hopefully things will be better.

--------------

28.  Seti - Same Old Routine

Everything settled down after the wedding.  Loretta wants to be a famous athlete like Great-Grandma Hati, so the next day they dragged her exercise equipment out of storage for my wife to use.

She looks great, doesn't she?  Usually she doesn't work out on the treadmill.  She has a little more weight than the other women in our family has, but she's proud of it, so she's trying to bulk up her muscles to help her fill out a bit.  I think she's doing great, at least.

I went to France for a few days.  Menes had told me about a few types of grapes he hadn't been able to pick up when he'd went, plus I wanted to see the Nectary there and everything, so I took off for a couple of days with the bonus I'd earned from work.  Didn't take any pictures, I was too busy trying to get my Visa up enough for them all to trust me with some of their things.  Only got my second Visa level, but I can always go back.  Brought back some grapes and Menes took them straight to the garden to start off some new vines.

Right after I got back and settled in, Loretta became an Adult.  She's not upset with it, she kind of likes her wrinkles.  In her mind, it just proves she's becoming more mature, and I love her for that.

Plus, she's still as gorgeous as ever.  She grew her hair out a little, but other than that, she hasn't changed much.

I've made a few more friends, done a couple of favors for people around town, and I finally became a CEO like I've dreamed of!  Of course, I'd like to reach the top of my career, but CEO was what I'd be happy with if I can't get there.  But I know I will, cause, you know, I'm awesome.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
Re: The Pharoah Dynasty - FAILED - GRAVEYARD
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2012, 01:36:20 PM »
Well, I have sad news.  Seti was only one promotion and one birthday away from immortality when Loretta went into labor.  They had a boy.  Which means I've failed, since this was generation 7 and had to have a girl.  The first go-through glitched, so I talked to Metro Man and he agreed to let me have another go at it.  Loretta ate 20+ watermelons (I lost count), read the baby books, and was pampered beyond belief, and she still had a boy.

So I'm very upset about this, but I've saved their son and I have a plot idea to start a new dynasty with him as the founder.  Thank you all for reading this and encouraging me, I hope you'll follow the new story as well.  Please cross your fingers for Ptolemy Ceaser.  I hope he'll have a better go at this than Menes did.  This doesn't mean the end of all of this though, the Pharoahs will still play a key roll in the new dynasty.

If anyone was wondering, I do have all the Pharoah heirs and a couple of spouses saved to my bin.  If anyone would like to play with them, please let me know.  I'll just need to be walked through how to upload them once and I'll get on it.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »
Sorry to hear of this failed :/

But ill look forward for the new story though! :D

*thumbs up* ;) i dont even DARE making a story, so you beat me by great lengths mate :)

AdnaanA

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »
Ask metro to go to a previous save