Author Topic: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Forty-Eight - Party Girl vs Study Girl  (Read 45428 times)

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
So I finally decided to try my hand at creating a legacy. Getting through ten generations is a challenge for me on its own since I usually stop at the second. Rarely have I continued to a third. I don't consider myself much of a writer, but there's no harm in trying. I'm not following any pre-made rules. I'm making my own rules, mainly because I'd give myself a splitting headache trying to follow a long list of rules to a T. So the rules are:
  • No cheats (I tend to use testingcheatsenabled on a lot because I don't like to lose the moodlets, so I'm going to see if I can stand to lose them. The only except will be resetsim in case my sim gets stuck.)
  • Life span at normal (This only means the options. Whatever else is fair game, but chances are that won't happen anyway)
  • No premature birthdays (I'll only age them up with the cake when the meter says zero days)
  • No adoption unless the couple is same-gender (since they can't "naturally" have babies, duh. This likely won't even happen, though)
That's it for rules. I don't have anything specific planned for this story, so I'm just going to tell it as it happens. I hope you will enjoy it!

Heirs of the Aley Legacy

HeirsSpouses
PortraitBiography PortraitBiography
Founder, Chanté Aley
Over-emotional, Shy, Good, Cat Person, Computer Whiz
Pop Music, Pancakes, Lime Green
Swimming in Cash
Taurus
George Dean
Brave, Family-Oriented, Good, Athletic, Friendly, Pyromanic (hidden)
Latin Music, Cheesesteak, Irish Green
International Super Spy
Virgo
--------
Chapter list

Generation One:

Prologue
1. The Routine
2. Something's A-Flutter
3. I Love This Town...And George
4. Ready, Set...Baby!
5. Baby Days and Chipper
5 1/2. Kelly (half-chapter)
6. Mommy's Little Hunter, Daddy's Little Girl
7. A Birthday and More Pets
8. Mourning, Sleepover and Celebration
Unused Ch 7 Pics (not a chapter)
9. Ambition, Additions and Arguments
10. Kelly's Turn
11. Kelly Loves Her Brothers

Generation Two:

12. Growing Up Sucks
13. Or Maybe Not
14. Here Comes the Bride
15. A Little Serenity, Please
16. Everybody Loves Serenity!
16 1/2. Some Remodeling, Some Serenity
17. Golden Years
18. Boys Will Be Boys
19. So Long, George
20. Moving On and Moving Out
21. Foal Play
22. Meaghan's Wedding
Some More Remodeling (not a chapter)
23. The Aley Cowgirl
24. A Troubling Matter
25. Chanté, Founder of Our Legacy
26. Serene Days
27. Trick or Treat, Smell My Sweets!

Generation Three:

28. Renovations and a Birthday and Siblings! Oh, my!
29. Rings and 'Renity!
30. Ghostly Visits
31. Lovely On Love Day
32. It Feels Like Magic
33. More Than Fairy Magic
34. Jenn-Net(te)s Their Hearts
35. Average Days
36. Life Is Bittersweet
37. Fountain of Trouble
38. Crushed
38 1/2. Remembering Raven (half-chapter)
39. Sadness and Joy
40. Best Friends, Prom Night
41. Hidden Talents
42. Family Matters
43. Something New, Family Blue
44. It's Almost Time
45. College Women
46. Go To Class
47. College Romance
48. Party Girl vs Study Girl

Family Tree:

See here
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:15:59 AM »
Prologue

My name is Chanté. I am a young adult and have moved here to Riverview from Sunset Valley. I am alone, with my only friend being my sweet cat, Myn. I am very shy, probably because I am rather insecure. When I was growing up, all that mattered in my family was how you look and it seemed like I was never "pretty" enough for my family, especially my mom. She always objected to how I wore anything. My hair, my clothes, even something as simple as a hat. She may as well have picked out my wardrobe my whole childhood. Everyday, I would hear something along the lines of "you look like a rag doll." Basically, my own mother thought I was ugly all because I liked to look simple and causal. It is not easy to grow up hearing that and it turned me into a very sensitive and over-emotional person.

One day, when I was still a child, my mom bought home a computer. Curious little me wanted to know what this big, weird "toy" was. Mom explained to me it was a computer and how to use it. Since I never had anyone to play with outside of school, I often stayed inside and that computer quickly became my new "toy." I would use it everyday after school and I soon became more adept at using it than my mother. I guess I could say for a while, that computer took over my life. The internet world was amazing. Just...amazing.

Myn came along when I was a teenager. A random stranger approached me when I was a teenager and said, "Would you like my kitten?" I was ready to run away, but he thrust Myn into my arms and dashed off because I could get a word out of my mouth. Not knowing what else to do, I took Myn home. Surprisingly, my mom let me keep him. Myn didn't like his new home at first, but in time, he became my best, and only, friend. I believe Myn kept me sane.

When I finally became an adult, I was overjoyed. I could finally make my own choices and leave to be on my own. Of course, my mother was not happy with this. She didn't think I could take care of myself. Since I was so insecure, I believed her, but I was also extremely tired of her and her obsession with appearance. We argued for a few days and I slowly began to realize it was not just looks and it never was only about looks. I realized all this time, my mother had been a control freak. She wanted to have control over every aspect of my life, even while I was an adult. I was not going to have that. I preferred to go out into the world with Myn, even if I was scared, than live with my mother any longer. So I did. I took Myn, left my mother's house and never saw her again.

Now, here I am in Riverview. I'm not exactly sure how I got here, but I will do whatever I can to make the most of it. And Myn will be right by my side.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
Great start! It is good that she get away from such a controlling mother. The kitty is very cute!

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »
Great start! It is good that she get away from such a controlling mother. The kitty is very cute!

Thank you! I'm posting the first chapter later tonight.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »
This is fantastic! Very emotional start, I love it. :)

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 11:40:36 PM »
Chapter 1: The Routine

This is my wardrobe. As you can probably guess from the pictures, I love pigtails. Why I seem to be obsessed with the hairstyle, I will never know, but you won't really see my hair in any other style. I am hoping I get at least one chance to wear my dress and boots. It may not exactly be what most would consider "formal", but who says formal has to look the same, huh?

This is my house. One of my distant relatives opened an account for me when I was just a baby. He put money in it every year for me to have after I turned 18. That money is how I bought this house, but it cost me nearly all of it. That's alright, though. I'll survive.

My first few days in Riverview were rather boring, but I guess that's to be expected. With little money and me not exactly sure of where I'm heading yet, I can't really expect excitement now, can I? But some friendly neighbors did come over to welcome me to the neighborhood. I was reluctant to go out because I don't like meeting new people, but I figured if I didn't meet anyone, they would always be new. So I put on a brave face and went outside to greet them.

They were friendly, but it didn't work out so well. The blonde and black-haired neighbors began a conversation between themselves after I greeted them, so I couldn't speak to them because I didn't want to interrupt. Then, I tried to speak to the grey-haired neighbor, but she was only interested in boasting about herself. I tried to listen, but she was boring me, so I attempted to talk about something I like: cats. Unfortunately, she wasn't interested in what I had to say either.

Since it wasn't going well, I decided to go buy a popsicle from the ice cream truck that had pulled up in front of my house.

By the time I finished eating my ice pop, my neighbors were gone. So much for making friends, but not really surprising. I guess I could always try some other time. I spent the rest of the day with Myn. The only thing I went out for was to get a job so I could start making money to support myself and Myn. After I returned home from that, I didn't go out again because I didn't feel like it. That gave me a chance to get used to my new house, however, which is a good thing. I went to bed a little earlier than I usually did when I was a teen. I guess I was just enjoying the serenity.

The next day, I had to go to work. I had chosen the education career since I happen to like children. Though, I would hate to be stuck for long in this uniform, if you can call it that.

When I got off work, I was very tired, but happy that I made it through my first day. I also got a little surprise. Myn was right there waiting for me in front of the building. I was so happy to see him and I immediately gave him a nice coat brushing (he likes when I brush him).

And this is how it went for the next few days. Wake up, work, play with Myn, maybe stay out for a while, go home, sleep, repeat. It began to get rather tedious, but it was still a more pleasurable life than I had before coming to Riverview. But little did I know that it was about to change in a way I never thought would happen.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

loveSims

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 05:35:23 AM »
Great update! I'm curious to find out how her life will change.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
Ooh, looking forward to the next update! I really like Chante. :)

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 11:56:10 AM »
Thank you! The next update will hopefully be by Sunday night.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »
Chapter 2: Something's A-Flutter

I woke up one morning, feeling in a bit of a bad mood. I didn't know why, as I don't wake up in a bad mood unless I'm sick. Myn was already up and running throughout the house like a cheetah. "That crazy cat," I thought, shaking my head. "What is wrong with him?"

As I ate my usual breakfast, a bowl of cereal, I started thinking that maybe Myn had figured out something I hadn't. Myn was feisty and happy everyday, seemingly making an adventure out of his new home. I was bored and beginning to long for a change. I had tried to make friends at work, but it was no easier than when I was in my teens. At least, the kids on the playground liked me, but I don't think kids and adults can be friends like that. For one thing, kids can't stay out past 9. As far as I knew, the only good thing was I had a job and had gotten some more money.

Today, however, broke the cycle. First, one of the children on the playground had a birthday party at school. The party was in the classroom, but the birthday boy saved a slice of his cake for me. That was just the sweetest thing! Then, right before I left work, my boss pulled me aside for a moment. She said she was promoting me from playground monitor to teacher aide! Not too different, except that I'll be in the classroom now, but a promotion is a promotion and I was happy as the sun.

I skipped the carpool and decided to go on a walk and find a nice place to celebrate, but Myn ran off, so I had to go catch him. I caught up to him near what I think was the fire station. Myn was lying down near one of the brick columns, next to a man wearing a police uniform. I've always had a slight fear of police officers because they look intimidating. But he approached me and introduced himself.

"Is that feisty little one your cat?" he asked me with a chuckle.

"Yes, he's mine," I said shyly. "Is he causing you any trouble, Officer?"

"Call me George," he told me. "No, your cat's not bothering me at all. Hmm." He looked at me for a few seconds, as if he was observing me. "You're an unfamiliar face. What's your name?"

"Chanté," I told him "And my cat's name is Myn".

"Nice to meet both of you. Come inside.

We went inside and continued talking. George was pretty friendly and easy to talk to. I guess that's why I was having an easier time talking than I usually do. Normally, I would be lost for words, but George kept me talking and wouldn't let me stop. He told me what it was like to be a patrol officer. I told him what it was like to be a playground monitor and of my recent promotion. It was going well. I even told him a little about my life. He didn't mind Myn exploring his home/firehouse either.

George also had a sense of humor. At a random point in our conversation, he started making funny faces at me. I almost couldn't believe he was a patrol officer. He made me laugh and I joined him in making faces too.

Before I knew it, nighttime fell. It was getting late and I had to work tomorrow, so I had to get going soon. I felt sad. I didn't want to go home yet. For the first time since I came to Riverview, I was talking with someone. It wasn't awkward, I didn't feel nervous and it was interesting. I didn't want it to end. But George had to work tomorrow too, so I knew I would have to leave. Even Myn was getting tired. So, with as straight a face I could make, I told George it was time for me to leave.

"Are you sure?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I said, trying to keep the sadness out of my voice. "It's getting really late and I have to wake up early for work. Plus, I've got to take Myn home."

"I guess you're right," he agreed, but he sounded a bit disappointed. Did he want me to stay?

"Thanks for spending so much time with me," I said. "Umm...good night."

But before I could turn around to walk away, he pulled me into a friendly hug. I didn't know what to say, but the smile that grew across my face might've spoke for me. I think I may have even blushed for a moment or two. And I wished it could've lasted all night.

Finally, it was time for me to leave. After an exchange of goodbyes, I picked up Myn and walked out.

I would've taken a taxi, but I didn't want to lose sight of the firehouse so quickly, so I walked down the street, looking back until the firehouse faded into darkness and was no longer within my view.

Today was the my best day ever. The boy at school sharing his cake with me and getting a promotion were great, but being with George was the icing on the cake (no pun intended). I couldn't wait to see George again. It was wonderful to finally have a friend in this new town.

And maybe, just maybe I could take it further.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

loveSims

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 03:21:30 AM »
Lovely update! I hope she find happiness with George. :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 06:46:10 AM »
Aww, what a cute update! I'm glad Chanté finally found someone, she deserves it. Looking forward to more! :)

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 12:59:39 AM »
Chapter 3: I Love This Town...And George

After spending so much time with George, the rest of my week was made! The next morning, I woke up in a cheerful mood, ready to go to work. I didn't even grumble about the silly "uniform" I wore. Myn just stared at me as I got ready for my work day, almost as if he wanted to say, "What the heck is she so happy about?" I guess he was in a sour mood. Don't worry, Myn. You'll always be at the top.

Or perhaps Myn was trying to warn me that I shouldn't push my luck. Either way, as luck would have it, this happened while I was a work.

Yeah, having your house broken into when you've recently moved to a new neighborhood. That's reassuring. Of course, he was caught, nothing was stolen and, most importantly, Myn was unharmed, so I guess I have nothing to gripe about. I'm just glad I didn't hold back on getting that burglar alarm.

That's not George, by the way, though I wish it had been! That would've been something to talk about! But when I returned home from work, I did call George and tell him about the burglary.

He didn't sound too surprised himself, so I guess he's apprehended burglars before. He is a cop, after all. However, when I mentioned that I was upset, he got concerned.

"You weren't home, were you?" he asked me. I could already hear the change of tone in his voice.

"No," I told him. "I was at work. Only Myn was there."

"Did he hurt Myn?"

"No. Myn wasn't harmed at all. The alarm went off and the burglar was caught." I sighed and shrugged for a second. "I'm just upset because...well...that's not exactly something you need when you've just moved somewhere."

"You're right," he agreed with me. He sounded slightly less serious now. "Don't worry. That doesn't happen a lot in Riverview. Why don't you come to my party tomorrow night? It'll cheer you up."

"A-a-a party?" I stuttered. I was conflicted now. I wanted to see George again, more than anything at the minute, but not at a party. Parties make me nervous and George didn't really help when he added that he wanted the guests to wear swimsuits. I didn't want a bunch of strangers seeing me in a bathing suit!

"Do you want to come?" George asked, reminding me he was on the other end.

I took a deep breath and answered, "Yes, I'll be there." He said great and we hung up. I went inside, trying to convince myself that it might not be so bad. I noticed Myn playing with his catnip toy. Lucky him.

The next day at work, I got promoted from teacher aide to substitute teacher. A promotion is always good, so that took my mind off the party a little. Since I didn't have to go for a few more hours, I headed home to take a nap. I didn't wake up until my cell phone rang. George was calling to remind me that his party starts in one hour. "Well, I already said I'd go, so I may as well just get into my swimsuit," I mumbled to myself. Maybe it wouldn't be too big. And, hey, at least I was seeing him again.

What do you know? It wasn't big! George had a Latin song playing on the radio and there were only two or three other guests there. It wasn't really much of a party at all...which was great for me!

I went right up to George and told him about my promotion and complimented his party. That old guy standing behind me gave me the creeps (why is he thinking about me?), but he went away in a short while and George and I danced. I don't think we really danced "appropriately" for a Latin song, though.

The party ended when George got too tired. I went home in a great mood. Now, I couldn't believe I was ever so nervous!

The next morning, Saturday, I invited George over and did something I never thought I'd ever do: ask him out. I asked him on a date and he said yes!

We went to the movies together first. It was one of those "family-friendly" movies, one called Spy Sims. I liked it, but George was really into it. Turns out he's family-oriented and he likes family-friendly films. I thought that was kind of sweet, though not so much when he tried to imitate some of the characters as we walked out. I had to admit it was funny, though. Embarrassing, but funny.

The next place we went to was the stadium to see a concert. I'd never seen a concert before. It was incredible, though certainly ear-splitting. Next time, we're going to see a symphony. The best part of the date was after the concert. We stuck around the stadium and watched the stars. I always thought that was a little cheesy, but then again, I like cheese. Wait, that's not what I meant. Well, you know!

The date was cut short when George had to go home, but it was fantastic! He told me to call him tomorrow. That night, I went to bed, feeling like there were angels around me.

I called George almost as soon as I woke up the next morning and invited him out to the gazebo. I told him I had something special to ask him. He tried to get it out of me, but I said he had to wait. The only way he would know is if he came to the gazebo. We met up shortly and...

I gave him flowers...

...I asked him to be my boyfriend...

...And we kissed.

NOTE: Don't mind that bar over Chanté's head. She has to learn the Charisma skill for her job and interacting with other sims raises it. I'd prefer it to not be there, but oh, well.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 08:33:17 AM »
Aww, sweet update! I'm glad Chanté has found love. :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »
Learning while kissing,way to multitask their Chante.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything