Author Topic: Family Tree  (Read 37222 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Family Tree
« on: May 15, 2010, 11:09:58 PM »
I tried searching for topics on this but I didn't find anything. If I missed it, please direct me to the appropriate topic if you can.
I can't access the family trees of a growing number of my sims in my legacy-type family. I click and nothing happens. At first it was only one sim that was like that, now it's at least 3 of the key sims. When I try to go through other sims, when I click on a picture of a sim who's legacy doesn't work, it goes blank.
Does anyone know how to fix this? Or whether EA has promised to fix it in an upcoming patch?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Family Tree
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 12:09:51 AM »
I've been having this same problem for a while.  You're the first to report it, though.  I was hoping it would fix itself or something.  I suppose we have to wait on a patch from EA unless someone else has a suggestion.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 04:45:27 AM »
I had that with My Gen 2 Spares kid, all of a sudden he started going blank even though before I could see he had a daughter :( It hasn't happened to the main family, yet...  :o
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:45:42 AM »
That has happened to me a couple of times, but it was some time back and I really have not had any problems since, but I know it was annoying at the time.  I would imagine it would be very annoying, especially on a legacy or generation game.  I hope that gets fixed soon.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 12:22:48 PM »
This has happened to me several times since WA.  No idea how to fix it. :(

colluseum

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »
I have family tree problems as well. When I click on certain people in my legacy family tree, their picture appears at the top left and appears to not have any relatives. Also, when one of my sims married, her husband didn't have parents on the tree even though he should have.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 01:02:36 PM »
I'm on the 5th generation of my Legacy, so far I haven't traveled much simply because I haven't had any sims with LTW's that required it.  Then I end up with a brother and sister who both have the travel bug.  So I take them to Egypt, and whaddya know?  While I'm trying to get the brother to take a picture of something I hear the first kiss music, look over to the sister and she's talking to a local guy although no romantic interactions seem to have taken place, they are not romantic interests.  Bro and Sis go home, and now their family tree is bugged.  When I click on the button nothing happens at all, no screen comes up, no nothing.  Who wants to bet me $100 that she has an adult kid in Egypt now?

Really hope this gets fixed with ambitions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 10:35:38 PM »
Very interesting, AriaGirl.  Let us know if that child turns up.  My newer families don't have the family tree bug.  Yet.  I was hoping that meant the bug had been fixed for new games. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 02:20:55 PM »
Yeah, I was hoping it was fixed too, which is why I decided to go ahead and fulfill their travel wishes.  This is a fairly new game, there hasn't been a patch since I started playing it.

Every time this has happened in the past once the bug occurs it never fixes itself.  So I'm guessing that once I go back to Egypt I'll never have any idea whether or not the game considers anyone to be the child of my Sim because I won't be able to view the family tree.  That is if I go back at all.  At this point I've kind of lost my motivation to continue with this family.  I just hate it so much when this happens!!!

Oh well, I'll get Ambitions tomorrow and then start over again with a new family. lol

Nibbles

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 02:55:10 PM »
Same family tree problem though mine came from the special merchant bug.

I found moving the household to a different town fixed the family tree.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 10:49:44 PM »

I found moving the household to a different town fixed the family tree.

Really? How so? Could you see the family tree again restored to how it was originally? Because that would be great. I intend to move my family into Twinbrook when I get ambitions.

Nibbles

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 11:03:20 PM »
How so?
I think a town move somehow refreshes a houshold filling in any glitches in the process.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 01:09:52 AM »
Wow, that's excellent to know Nibbles!  I'm gonna have to try it. :)

Leto85

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 02:56:11 AM »
When my game was going to take up 6 GB in the My Documents folder I've decided to save my household as a file on it's own to make after that a new neighbourhood where I had put them back in.
After that I've indeed found out that my family tree wasn't corrupted anymore. So I think the problem lies in the previous neighbourhood, not in the family itself as I thought before.

And of course, the total GB in the My Documents folder for The Sims 3 has decreased to 1.5 again. Which will probably result in faster saving times and less freezing.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 03:39:49 AM »
Hmm, that's actually a good solution. A game often becomes full of glitches after a while, but then if we move the family in and out of the neighbourhood, we can reset everything! ;D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.