Author Topic: MultiTab 6000 Issues  (Read 54056 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: MultiTab 6000
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2012, 12:48:09 AM »
I just came into some SimPoints, so I decided to buy this!  ;D  Now if only my Launcher would unfreeze itself...

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2012, 01:36:03 AM »
I tried it the "easy" way.  You were right, didn't work.  Then I did the other thing with replacing the ccmerged file and redownloaded all my premium stuff.  Went in to game and UH OH!  All my game files were missing.  Hmmm?  Checked and yep, they were in the renamed Sims3 file and when I removed the one I had to create to regain a ccmerged file, why the game just made another copy of it!  Of course, that had none of my game files in it!  PANIC!  Deep breathing.  Copied all my files from my original Sims3 folder to the new folder and moved one of them, the old one I believe, to my desktop.  Tried the game and now it all worked just fine.  People using podcasts and multi-tasking.  I found you can't play guitar and listen to a podcast although you CAN write a novel and listen to one.  Strange.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2012, 01:51:37 AM »
Like DeNile said, the instructions on the previous page work fine and fix literally all of your premium content, not just the Multitab. :) There's the fix.

This thread has gotten me thoroughly confused.  Is what y'all are recommending a mod?  It looks like it to me.  If so, do we have a way to fix it that doesn't involve a mod?

I tried it the "easy" way.  You were right, didn't work.  Then I did the other thing with replacing the ccmerged file and redownloaded all my premium stuff.  Went in to game and UH OH!  All my game files were missing.  Hmmm?  Checked and yep, they were in the renamed Sims3 file and when I removed the one I had to create to regain a ccmerged file, why the game just made another copy of it!  Of course, that had none of my game files in it!  PANIC!  Deep breathing.  Copied all my files from my original Sims3 folder to the new folder and moved one of them, the old one I believe, to my desktop.  Tried the game and now it all worked just fine.  People using podcasts and multi-tasking.  I found you can't play guitar and listen to a podcast although you CAN write a novel and listen to one.  Strange.

This means yours is working now and all of your games and items are in place?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2012, 02:19:41 AM »
This thread has gotten me thoroughly confused.  Is what y'all are recommending a mod?  It looks like it to me.  If so, do we have a way to fix it that doesn't involve a mod?

If I'm understanding it right, it's a version of ccmerged.package that fixes Premium Content bugs, etc.

I found a kind of interesting thing. I set my Sim to listen to a Cooking Podcast, which was due to last 11 hours!!! Unfortunately, my Sim moved during that and the Buff dropped.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2012, 03:12:00 AM »
If I'm understanding it right, it's a version of ccmerged.package that fixes Premium Content bugs, etc.

I'm afraid that doesn't help me, Seabody.  Was it made by EA or was it made by third party people?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2012, 03:29:02 AM »
I'm afraid that doesn't help me, Seabody.  Was it made by EA or was it made by third party people?

My understanding is that it was just because our cc.merged file was bugged, we replaced it with someone else's cc.merged file which is working. Nothing has been altered in the game, we just replaced a file with the same file, but one that works? On the previous page, I asked if it was a mod and got a "No". (If it turns out to be classed as one, I've failed both my dynasties. :()

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2012, 04:13:26 AM »
Now the question is, where do these files come from?  And how are you managing to get someone else's file to use?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2012, 04:17:47 AM »
Now the question is, where do these files come from?  And how are you managing to get someone else's file to use?

I think it was that KT, that person that has uploaded the file to MATY, just uploaded her own cc.merged file or something. You download it, delete your cc.merged file, then cut and paste the new cc.merged file into your DCBackup folder in place of where the old one was. That file is the exact same file that people with working premium content have. At least that's what I got told.. :-\

thesweetestpea

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2012, 04:34:18 AM »
The ccmerged.package file is a file found in DCBackup which is added to the system when you install Store content. Check your DCBackup folder - you should have one in there. If you install Store content that has new moodlets, those moodlets are stored in the ccmerged.package file. The ccmerged.package file is exactly the same for anyone that has all Store content installed on their system, and using someone else's doesn't add their store content to your system. It is not a mod. It's an EA-created file which holds resources required for premium Store content to work.

The store fix mentioned above is a version of the ccmerged.package file that was copied from a system where the premium content worked correctly. If I were to upload my ccmerged.package file, which also works correctly, then it should work for anyone that has the MultiTab 6000 and the Fountain of Youth in Hidden Springs, which are my only two premium items. The wishing well in Lucky Palms will have broken moodlets because my file doesn't have the resource required for it to run. The ccmerged file that KT uploaded is the exact same file that your system should create but sometimes won't, and using it gives no advantage that I've been able to find over another player. A factory reset to reinstall the premium content may produce a working file, depending on the reason that the file isn't creating correctly. I have no clue why the file breaks myself, because I had no trouble with it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2012, 10:06:58 AM »
I had trouble with mine not working and I did a factory reset as suggested by NonaMena originally.  I redownloaded all of my premium content and then installed it.  Then copied that ccmerged file back into my old Sims 3 folder instead of reinstalling everything into the new one and that is what worked for me.  I had to do it on 2 different computers this way because it just randomly stopped working. 

At worst downloading the ccmerged decrapped file could be considered CC but it's definitely not a mod.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2012, 10:15:12 AM »
I tried that method as well, Rica, but it just didn't work. :(

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »

This means yours is working now and all of your games and items are in place?

I didn't use a mod.  I went into my EA files and moved my downloads folder to my desktop.  Didn't want to lose anything. 

I renamed my The Sims3 file to "The Sims3.old"

I removed the contents, including the ccmerged file, from DCBackup and even saved those to my desktop, just in case.

Went into the launcher and redownloaded all my premium content files, but ONLY my premium content files.  (I had already saved all my downloads to my desktop)  By doing this, the game automatically sets up a new "The Sims3" file and the ccmerged file. 

Ok, so now when I go into my Electronic Arts file I find two files.  One is named "The Sims3.old" and the other is "The Sims3."  I copied the contents of the download file from the new The Sims3 file folder, to my desktop copy of downloads, replacing anything duplicated with the new files. 

In the "old" file I see I'm missing my downloads folder, which I should of course since I'd moved it out.  I deleted the DCBackup file entirely from my old folder. 

I went into the file the game created and copied the DCBackup file and placed it in the "old" file.  Checked to make sure it had everything, (keeping saved copies to my desktop just in case I messed up), renamed my "The Sims3.old" file back to just The Sims3 and deleted the file the game had made.

ONLY the game made another new file which did NOT have my saved games or all my downloaded stuff in it, except for the premium stuff I had just redownloaded.  Ooops!  So, since it was insisting on using that file I simply went into my original, now renamed, The Sims3 file, copied the entire contents, placed them in the file the game regenerated and voila.  All is well.  All my downloads are there, my ccmerged file is fine, my saved games all work.  It sounds more complicated than it really was and it didn't take much time or genius on my part.  It just meant going back and forth, backing up what I did each time just in case, and copying and replacing files where needed. 

I don't use any mods at all, even though some sound safe.  I'm just not pc savvy enough to take the chance of forgetting to update each mod with each update EA does, nor would I be able to fix anything complicated.  I do have some cc, mostly patterns, but even there I'm pretty careful.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Yolo

• Nooboo
  • YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!! :P :D ;)
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2012, 07:03:42 AM »
My game was getting pretty slow so I deleted the contents of the DCBackup file. I deleted it all but now, after loading the game and playing the ccmerged.package file has reappeared. Before I deleted the DCBackup file, I had had problems with my multitab, but I asked my sister and she fixed it for me. The thing is neither of us can remember what she did! I played for ages with the multitab working fine and then after I deleted the DCBackup file, I am having the same problem I did before. The screen isn't blank and it looks like it will and she puts something in her ear but it doesn't stay, and no little circles appear and neither does a moodlet, plus the skills don't go up. So far nothing on here has worked but I'm not all that good with computers so I don't know what you are talking about sometimes!
If anyone could please give me simple steps on how to get this working again, I would be so grateful!
thanks  :)
Thanks

T :P :D

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2012, 08:57:08 AM »
Yolo, Try to uninstall the Multitab 6000 and re-install it. And when ever you clean out the DCBackup folder don't delete the ccmerged.package file. You can delete everything else, but you want to keep that file.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Online simone23

• Townie
Multi Tab
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2012, 10:17:11 AM »
Don't know if anybody else here has checked out the new premium content multi tab, but it's now my single most favorite object in the game.

It's a iPad looking device that has several functions:

1. The best function is "Listen to Tabcast" which gives your sim the ability to learn other skills while working out, traveling, mixing drinks - basically anything that doesn't require the sim to listen or talk to something else (starting a conversation with another sim automatically stops the Tabcast).  The skills available to learn are varied (cooking, charisma, logic, gardening, nectar making, writing, fishing, handiness, and photography) and it is almost painless to learn them.  Now you can take your first picture as a level 10 photographer (or level 8, if you want to trigger the master photography wish).  The last two levels of charisma can be done in two "good pacing" treadmill sessions or while turning a few sculptures.

2. Read a book: any book that is in any of your sim's bookcases or in the possession of any other sim in your family can be read by your sim on the multi tab.  Multiple sims can read the same book simultaneously.  Unfortunately, you can't tell your sim to "read something" on the tab (although bookworm sims will do this on their own).  You do not have access to books on your home lot while on vacation, or vice-versa, sadly, so do remember to be like a good colonial Briton and haul your library with you when you go to Egypt.

3. Order books online: this doesn't work in the World Adventures areas, but if you're at home you don't have to run any more bookstore errands.  This function opens the bookstore dialogue, allowing you to purchase any available book (including recipes, songs, fishing, children's, the whole catalogue) from any location.  The books will instantly appear in your sim's inventory and any discounts you may be entitled to (bookshop bargainer, celebrity) will still be applied.

4. Play online social game: the graphics for this look remarkably like the sims (of course).  Your sim's fun and social motives will perk up quickly, although social appears to be capped at about 70% of full.

If you do get the multi tab, as with all premium content, be sure that if you run any cleanup scripts for dcbackup that you do not delete ccmerged.package.

anything