Author Topic: Rules: Household Skills Project  (Read 21162 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Household Skills Project Rules
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 04:01:57 AM »
That's a good way of putting it. Thank you.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »
Hey, I just want to say that I really enjoyed your Woods so I gave this project a try: The Harmony Family.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2014, 05:07:38 PM »
I'm glad someone else is having a go.  I've really enjoyed this project - it just keeps getting interrupted by other things.  When I finally wrap up the 4x4, I really intend to concentrate on this.  There are still a surprisingly large number of things I've not done in Sims 3 and this will be a good way to tick them off the list :).

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2014, 09:21:39 PM »
I really like this project, Hazelnut, but I have a couple questions. One, can heirs be witches or mermaids as they don't have extended life. Two, can anyone join the household? Three, I hate marrying NPCs because of pudding face, may I use edit in CAS to remove that?

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2014, 02:22:02 PM »
I really like this project, Hazelnut, but I have a couple questions. One, can heirs be witches or mermaids as they don't have extended life. Two, can anyone join the household? Three, I hate marrying NPCs because of pudding face, may I use edit in CAS to remove that?

• No, I decided that all heirs have to be human because the occult life states (well, all except imaginary friends) have other advantages even if their lifespans are normal.
  • The original plan was that others could only join by marrying into the family but I suppose others could move in - not in the first house, though.  The beginning's supposed to be tough and a housemate would bring in extra money.  Also bear in mind that anyone who moved in would have to max the current skill.
  • Yes, I'm fine with that.  The NPCs in a new town should be pudding-free anyway (assuming they're not a type that appeared after that town was released) but later generations will be stuck with EA clones.  It didn't really matter to me when I started this thing, two-and-a-half years ago :o but I also prefer more varied Sims now.

Of course, as I think I've said to someone before, it's a project, not a dynasty.  You can adjust it to suit yourself without invalidating anything.

I really must update the rules again.  There are some things I'd like to loosen up slightly (like allowing tattoos/makeovers immediately after ageing up) and I'd now recommend Game Selector to pick your EPs.  If I were starting the game now, I'd probably have most of them switched off in the beginning and only bring them in as they were needed.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »
Another small update:

I realised I'd not updated the skills rules since University Life was released, so I've now expanded the choices for two-skill households to include any two skills of the player's choice.

anything