Author Topic: Royal Castle  (Read 7452 times)

Offline Decima

• Townie
Royal Castle
« on: June 01, 2012, 07:47:07 AM »
I originally started this for the storybook contest but quickly realised I wouldn't get it done for the budget.

Royal Castle
By Decima

Lot size: 40x40
Cost furnished: $202,068
Cost unfurnished: $102,361
Suggested placement: Mine was at the end of Pinochle point, SV, but anywhere with lots of trees would work.
Content used: WA, AMB, GEN, PETS, OL, Perhaps some TL but I don't remember using it.

Welcome to Royal Castle! An authentic-ish 16th century English castle fit for a King! King Edward lives there with his Queen, Margaret and their daughter Princess Esmerelda. What they don't know is that Esmerelda is having a secret affair with the servant, Jack. They plan to run away together as soon as Jack finishes the time machine he's building in the secret room adjacent to his living quarters. Will the King find out what his daughter is planning and put a stop to it, or will the young couple escape to faraway lands to start a new life? Or will the castle burn down from many of the dangerous fireplaces and torches?

Click for larger images

Bedrooms: 3 and a stylist room upstairs that could be converted to an extra bedroom
Bathrooms: 3 (2 upstairs, 1 downstairs)
Other: Kitchen, dining room, living room, library/study, basement, servants quarters with secret room, moat with fish, items in turrets, items for every skill I can think of.
Note: there are no electrical items, as it's an 'authentic' 16th century castle.
Note: Doesn't come with characters

Suggested additions if you wanted: Level skip for stairs through to foundations - I originally put it in but it did weird stuff to the price
Make secret room in basement hidden (I couldn't work out how to do this.)
Convert stylist room to bedroom or nursery
Add electronics e.g fire alarm or computer for the library
Add sunabthing or party area on the roof.

Offline bamjo92

• Townie
  • Don't you just hate steroetypes?
Re: Royal Castle
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:05:50 AM »
I love your story, I almost snorted coffee out my nose at the last sentence.. also I'm downloading the house. Thank You

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:57:17 AM »
This is outstanding !  What a beautiful work you did. It must have taken some time to build all that. Love your story! Great job Decima !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

GdMinerva

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:23:44 PM »
I hope the young couple manage to live happily ever after.

What a great build, very nice, thank you for sharing

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 08:25:39 AM »

Awesome job, Decima...
I was expecting to see that Castle Set from the Sims Store in use (so I wouldn't be able to download, but thought I would look anyway) and what a pleasant surprise to see that you didn't use it after all and that it still came out this beautiful.  I also chucked at the last line in your description, downloaded and hope it doesn't burn down.  ;)

Hugz,
Jase~

You can read it here from the beginning.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »
Well done, Decima, a beautiful castle.

Brilliant job!

Perhaps we should suggest a castle building challenge in the competition board.  Budget, not less than, what do you suggest?, 250k.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »
Thanks for your comments everyone!  :D

Wai - 250k is quite a lot, mine was just over 200 and I went all out crazy with furnishing it. I think 200 would be the upper limit, and 150 - 180 or so to make it more of a challenge. Although it depends how big it is...

I don't think they'll do a castle for a while at least though as it's too similar to the recent storybook contest.  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
Decima,

I take your point about 150 to 200k, but, my reasoning was that 250 would allow for some really elaborate and inventive creations, where as the lower figure limitations might make for rather similar, simple creations.  It's academic though, I fear, as you say, it's rather similar to the last challenge.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 10:24:09 AM »
Yeah you're right, as we've seen with the three castles that are on here recently there's huge scope to make them very different.

I'm loving all the castles though. I think I'm becoming a bit of a castle enthusiast.  :-[

anything