Author Topic: From Riches to Rags - Update 6/29/12  (Read 22016 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
From Riches to Rags - Update 6/29/12
« on: June 08, 2012, 10:10:07 AM »
Riches to Rags: Chapter One

This is me, Tricia Tinsdale.

I guess the only way to start is at the beginning, but I will try to make a long story short.  I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so to speak.  I admit it, I am spoiled rotten to the core.  I never had to lift a finger to do a thing or fix a meal or even buy my own clothes.  My parents sent me to boarding school when I was 12 and I hated it.  I didn't make friends very well, but I didn't really care.  The only thing I really missed was my horse Fiona.  My parents got her for me when I was barely old enough to walk.  I loved talking to her and going for long rides and she never judged me or talked back to me.  She knew my deepest and darkest secrets.

I ran away from boarding school on my 18th birthday destined to see the world with my horse, but things didn't go quite as planned.  The school called my parents and they were waiting for me when I snuck home to get Fiona.  Well, I didn't expect what they had in mind.  They were kicking me out of my own home, imagine that.  They gave me just enough money for a small house in Apalloosa Plains with a place for Fiona.  They said I was cut off from any money and the finer things in life and that I had to learn to make it on my own.  I had to care for Fiona and do everything for myself.  Excuse me, do I look like I can do that.  What if I broke a nail or got dirty, hmm and out the door they sent me, with nothing but a beat up truck and my horse.  So, that is the beginning of my story and I am not amused.

So this is my house, so now what.  I don't know how to cook or clean or anything.  My parents wouldn't even let me take my maid, the nerve.

I got Fiona settled and I paced the floor until early morning.  I didn't know what to do and I was hungry and tired.  I fell asleep on the couch and woke and realized I had to spread Fiona's hay.  I didn't even know how to do that, I am pathetic.  Well, lets see if I can figure out how to do this.  I went to the little barn and found something with spikes on the end, hmm, wonder if this is what I use.

Guess that worked.  So now I had to figure out what I was going to do.  Fiona was a good horse, but not as young as she use to be, but I bet she had some races left in her.  She came from a long line of show and race horses, so I did manage to find an Equistrian Center, but I was too tired to check it out.  Well, I might as well make the best of it, but right now, all I want to do is sleep.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: From Riches to Rags
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 10:35:58 AM »
I actually did a little happy dance when I saw that you had started a story Salty,my two year old joined in he looked cute I looked like an idiot. Tricia has beautiful eyes.

I am looking forward to seeing how things develope.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 10:38:55 AM »
Thanks, not sure exactly where this story is going yet, lol.  I haven't really played alot lately, so maybe doing a story will get me back into the sims again. :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
It looks good so far. Some of the screenshots are pretty nice too.

loveSims

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »
I would have joined Rachel in the dance, but I might break someting lol! Your founder are beautiful and I don't think that pretty nails will last long. Can't wait for more. ;D

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »
What an interesting start to your story!

I have a feeling your heroine is going to have some very interesting adventures.  ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »
Chapter 2

I finally fell asleep and when I woke up, I did a mental check on my whole existence.  Lets see, no job, no money, no clothes, no friends, no maid, no jewelry, should I continue.  My  little house was ok, but I miss my facials, my manicures, so on and so forth and yes, I am feeling sorry for myself.  I am angry at my parents for doing this to me or did I do it to myself.  Well, at least I hadn't broken a nail yet.

After a few weeks of doing too much thinking, I realized Fiona was getting restless.

I had someone to think about besides me, so I set out to do some exploring, but what is that smell, eww, that is awful.  I finally found the culprit, I guess your suppose to clean the toilet every once in a while, how disgusting.  Ok, this brush looking thing looks like it could do the job.

Well that was not the highlight of my day, oh well, ya learn something new everyday.

I saddled up Fiona and we went exploring and found the training grounds and I could feel Fiona's muscles twitch, she was so excited.

I forgot how much fun it was to ride and where in the world did Fiona learn to jump like that, wow, what a rush.  I decided to let her rest and I went over to where some people were hanging out.  As I was getting off of Fiona, my foot got tangled in the stirrup and down I went, how humiliating, sheesh.

I looked around to see if anyone saw me and figured it was safe to walk over to those people.  A man started talking to me and I thought, does he not know there are holes in his shirt.  I guess I was rude and one thing led to another and well, I didn't make a very good first impression, I suppose.

He started it.  It was getting close to 5pm and I really wanted to enter Fiona in a race, so we headed over to the center and luckily, I was not too late.

I can't believe it, we won and I was so happy and I could tell Fiona was too.  Now I had a little cash and a nice trophy. 

Yippeee!!!

Fiona and I went home, feeling a little better than before.  I brushed her before we retired for the night, feeling very pleased with myself, for once in my little pathetic life.  I have to get past this anger inside and try and make the most of it, but it is not easy.  This wall I had built around myself is going to be hard to break down.

Sometimes you just have to let go, but not now, I am still hurt and angry and I guess I will just go eat some icecream and go to bed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: From Riches to Rags - Chapter 3
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »
Chapter 3

I woke up kinda slow, my whole body seemed to be screaming at me.  I guess I was more out of shape than I thought.  I laid in bed daydreaming for a while and realized I smelled yet another smell.  I guess your suppose to actually take the garbage out and put it in that round thing outside, *sigh*.

Well, that chore is out of the way.  I wonder if there are any single guys here in this country town.  One of these days, I suppose, I should check out the hangouts, but I was really not interested in relationships right now and especially not some country bumpkin.  I know, I guess I am a picky person, but I am still adjusting to this way of life.  I did find a salon and as soon as Fiona wins a couple of more races, I am getting a makeover and buying a new outfit.  I think I am wearing holes in this one and I don't think it can take too many more handwashes.

The doorbell jolted me out of my thoughts and a man that I had met when I first got here was standing at my door.  I can't even remember his name, good grief.  We started talking and he seemed to be getting closer to me. 

It felt strange to have some almost stranger that close and of course I let him have it.  What is my problem.

If this keeps up, I will be known as the grump.  Well, that didn't go well either and he ran away and I don't really blame him.

He was probably a physco anyway.  I grabbed the newspaper and read to see what was happening.  Someone moved in, someone moved out and wait, what was this.  Our win was in the paper, that was so cool.  I clipped the article out and put it in my dresser.  No one would believe me back home unless I had proof.  Then I read how a small child had drown, how sad was that.  I hadn't seen many children in town and I can only imagine how their parents must be feeling.

I had to get out of this house for a while so Fiona and I took a ride.  I found this little park by the water.  It was so calm and peaceful and there was a boat in the distance.  How I wished I was on that boat, far away with my thoughts.

Then I had a strange feeling someone was watching me...

loveSims

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »
I wonder who is watching her? Can't wait for more. I love your pictures. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 09:47:37 AM »
This looks intriguing. Will Trish find someone who loves horses as much as she does?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »
I wonder who is watching her? I have a guess: The ICE CREAM MAN *Dun Dun Dunnnnnn*

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »
I wonder who is watching her? I have a guess: The ICE CREAM MAN *Dun Dun Dunnnnnn*
Yeah, I second that, the ice cream man is stalker like, he sits outside your window at two and the morning and plays his ice cream song, he is so up to something,   :o

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: From Riches to Rags - Chapter 4 "The Stranger"
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 12:16:18 PM »
Chapter 4 - "The Stranger"

My name is Dylan Michaels and first, let me get one thing straight, I am not a stalker.  Just wanted to clear that up.

For you to know what is going on, I have to tell you my story.  First, I have known Tricia since before boarding school, well, she doesn't know me, but I am hoping that will change, unless she has me arrested for watching her.  Never mind that, back to my story.  Just before I went to boarding school, I met Mr. Tinsdale, Tricia's father.  We chatted for a while and he made me an offer, to keep an eye on his daughter.  Little did he know, I already adored her, but I was way out of her league.  I was raised in a modest household and saved most of the money myself for boarding school.  I cared for other peoples animals when they were away and planned on being a vet someday.  Anyway, Mr.  Tinsdale told me that Tricia should never know about me and for me not to approach her, ever or I would regret it.  That sounded like a threat to me. 

After we were in boarding school for a while, I learned that Tricia was headstrong and didn't make friends easily.  Alot of the students thought she was snooty and that she was better than everyone else.  I also knew, she had never done anything on her own and always had servants to do everything for her.  Right before we were to graduate, I learned that Tricia had run off.  Mr. Tinsdale called me and said that Tricia had moved out of town and all she had with her was the clothes on her back and her horse.  (I didn't know though, he had kicked her out)  He wanted me to find her and report back to him what she was up to and he also knew where she was.  He would pay me of course, but I am not sure I want any part of it.  I did however, move to Apaloosa Plains, but not on his conditions, more on my conditions.  She was the woman I was going to marry some day, she just didn't know it yet. 

I found a modest little house, with enough room for myself and my horse, Jersey.  A man had given me Jersey, when he moved out of town and couldn't take him with him.

I love horses, but I have really never ridden one, so this should be interesting.  I wasn't sure how I was going to find Tricia, but I knew I had to be careful and approach her when the time was right.   I was doing some exploring and found this little out of the way park, when luck would have it, I saw her staring out in the water at a boat.  She was on her horse and she was breathtaking, long hair, gorgeous eyes, I could go on, but I think she saw me, gosh, I hope not.  It is not time yet and I don't want to ruin things.

A few days passed and I thought I would lay low for a while.  I still didn't know where she lived yet, but that would be soon enough.  I decided it was time to take Jersey for a ride and wound up at the training grounds.  Well, guess who was there.

I got closer and sat at the table behind her, this was getting too close to soon.

My phone kept ringing and ringing, somehow I knew who it was and I didn't want Tricia to become suspicious.  I finally answered it and my hunch was right, it was Mr. Tinsdale.  I told him I hadn't found her yet and I didn't think I wanted to continue to help him anymore.  That didn't go over very well.  Oops, she saw me, now what. 

I thought she was walking towards me, but she kept on walking, which was a good thing, because I was still arguing with her father, which was not a good thing.

After that, she got in her truck and left.  I know one thing, she is still as gorgeous as ever and my palms are soaking wet.  What am to do.

After she was gone, I noticed Jersey had made a friend.  A really pretty white horse.  I noticed a woman walking over to me and I thought she was going to hit me, but she started talking to me and I found out her name was Honey and the white horse was Skadaddle.

Honey told me she saw me watching a certain young lady.  I felt really embarrassed, but Honey knew her.  Hmm, not sure if this was going to work out.  I told her I thought I knew her from my hometown, but realized it might not have been her.  I didn't like lying, but I don't want my plans ruined right now.  I had to be very careful from now on.  We chatted for a while and I told her I needed to get home.  I called Jersey and saddled him up.  I was still a newbie about horses and somehow, I knew this wasn't right.  Good grief, another one of those dumb moments.

It was getting dark, but on the way home, I passed this house and the truck looked awfully familiar.  I couldn't believe it, I had found Tricia's house by accident and it was not too far from my house.  Not sure if this is good or bad.

I had to think about this for a bit and I wondered what I was going to do.  I had to meet Tricia, before she had me committed or something.  I arrived home and put Jersey in his pen and decided to read the paper before bed.  I read that Tricia had won a couple of races and then it hit me.  So far, we had one thing in common, horses. 

Wonder if that would work to my advantage?  Only time will tell.....

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »
Well I guess its not the ice cream man. Great update. I wonder how things will work out. Quick question: How did your Sims get blue nails?

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »
Well I guess its not the ice cream man. Great update. I wonder how things will work out. Quick question: How did your Sims get blue nails?
Oh, not the ice cream man  :'(. I just hope she doesn't call the police on the 'not a stalker' follower Dylan.