Author Topic: Ares Rocker: A Search for Beginnings  (Read 11496 times)

Offline 11Snoopy16

• I'm a Simmer and a serious gamer. Don't confuse the two.
  • Townie
    • Non-Confidential Diaries of a Girl Gamer
Re: Ares Rocker: A Search for Beginnings
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »
Chapter Six: A Sherlock Holmes Situation
   The twins slept almost all day, so Bella could work out and I would read the handiness books. She would have more time off from work for her maternity leave. Life relaxed a little again. I stayed home, avoiding my search for my father. Most days then none, though, I attempted to put the puzzle pieces together. I knew real estate had thousands of dollars beneficial to whoever invested, but there had to be something more to his scheme.

“He probably just wants more money.” Bella drank some water after her workout.
   “No, it’s not that simple. There’s something more to what he’s doing.” I scratched my head and then Zeus started to cry. Bella picked him up out of the crib and fed him a bottle, rocking him back and forth and then sat beside me on the couch.
   “You don’t think he’s trying to buy out all of the big corporations in town, do you?” she continued to feed Zeus his bottle, who had stopped crying.
   “If he is, I wouldn’t know why other than to have a big check come in every week.” Then Poseidon began to cry, so I gave him his bottle too.

A couple of years went by; Bella got a promotion at work, as did I, we also saved up enough money to buy all the books and toys for the twins, but we had to get rid of Sapphire. We went out one morning and she had dug at least 20 holes in her fenced-in area. We tried to train her to stop, but failed miserably, so we gave her away to the adoption service. We also were able to buy a clothes washer and a dryer, and an extra potty chair.

Zeus’ and Poseidon’s birthdays were to be anticipated in the week to come and we were anxious to see who they looked like. We planned to change their cribs to match their personalities and possibly save enough cash to renovate the house, that way we would have an extra room for the boys.
   We planned to invite family, but then I got a call from Mom.
   “Hey sweetie, I hope you aren’t busy.” She sounded excited for some reason.
   “We’re just planning for the boys’ birthday party. What do you need?” I held the phone between my ear and shoulder so I could set up the balloons.
   “I just have some news for you.”
   “What’s that, Mom?” I went into the living room and Bella set up the rest of the party.
   “I’ve got a new boyfriend!”
   “That’s great, Mom! Who is he?”
   “His name is Sam Cool. We’ve been dating for a little while now.”
   “That’s wonderful, Mom. I’m glad you’ve found someone else! Oh, hey, are you going to be here for Zeus' and Poseidon’s party?”
   “Of course!”
   “I’m glad to hear that, Mom. Tell Sam he’s invited, too!”
   “Thanks, baby. I’ll see you Saturday.” When we hung up, I wasn’t sure how I felt. Ever since my birth, Mom never had an easy life. She went through multiple break ups and a failed engagement. Her fiancé died in a fire a few years ago, a true tragedy; we all took it hard. I guess I felt happy about her new love life, but this man would technically be my step father if she married him. I would have to wait to meet him.
   “Ares, there’s a man in the backyard.” I went to the kitchen and stood by Bella as we peered out the window. Sure enough an eccentric man wearing a top hat with long brown hair stood in the backyard.
   “Don’t worry, hon. I’ll handle this.” I went out and met him at the side of the house.
   “Can I help you, sir?” he suddenly looked up from his dazed appearance.
   “Hello, my name is Gunther Goth.” He did a bow that reminded me of Willy Wonka, “Did a Zelda Mae stop by recently?”
   “Yes, but not recently. It’s been a while since I’ve seen her, at least two years actually.”
   “I want to take the opportunity to fill you in on some very secretive information about her relationship with Mr. McGraw. Will you allow me your time?”

“Sure, come inside, please.” He followed me indoors and we sat at the couch, “Bella, will you make some coffee for Mr. Goth?”
   “Sure.”
   “Now what’s this about?” I turned to Gunther who had taken off his top hat and had it resting on the arm of the couch.
   “Mr…--”
   “Rocker.”
   “Mr. Rocker, my client has had some…predicaments…in previous years…some of which I will not discuss with you. One in particular, however, caught my eye a year ago when I sat at the Doo Peas Corporation headquarters. I worked late that night; we were having some infiltration issues within the company and had been in the process of sniffing them out.” Bella walked in at that moment and handed Gunther a cup of coffee, “Thank you. As I was saying, whoever these people were, they were up to no good. They had been invested in the company for decades, but we didn’t have the resources or time to have an investigation done so we could fire the traitor.”
   “What does this have to do with Miss Mae?”
   “I’m getting to that. Now Zelda had been in a partnership with our company for years, at that time though, I was not the CEO as I am today; I was a mere drone of the corporation. I knew something was up though, budget cuts and increase in security is never a good sign. They were trying to find out who still remained loyal to the Doo Peas Corporation. One afternoon, however, I found Zelda at the vault of the company. I asked her what she was doing there, but she insisted that she was just checking the savings amount as her manager requested. I knew at that moment that she was up to no good. Two years later, she teamed up with Stiles, who had just recently joined our small business ‘family.’ I pleaded with the previous CEO to fire her and then they’d see who was stealing all the money we had worked so hard to earn, but they refused.”
   “None of this makes sense though, Zelda was warning me about Stiles…she told me he was a liar and to not search for him...”
   “She was probably covering their tracks.”
   “What about Vita Alto?”
   “Hm, I do remember Vita; she was a good friend of the corporation. Why do you mention her?”
   “Zelda said she probably had something to do with the strange happenings.”
   “I wouldn’t know anything about that, but I would definitely go find Vita and ask to see if she knows anything about the fraud.” He rose, shook my hand, bid me a farewell, then left.
   “Wow…” Bella came in from the kitchen, “I guess there are some things we still don’t know about this town.”
I grabbed my notepad off the coffee table then sat back down beside Bella:
-   Taking large amounts of Simoleons out of the bank and Doo Peas
-   Could have something to do with real estate fraud
-   Investing in corporations
-   Partnership with Zelda
-   Sleeps with lots of women
-   Dated Mom, Vita Alto, blonde woman Zelda Mae, then Emma Hatch
-   Traits: Insane, Kleptomaniac
I felt like Sherlock Holmes as I blankly stared at my notes. My father had transformed into a crook and a liar. I didn’t know what to do with the information that Gunther had provided for me, should I confront Zelda? Probably not, too much drama obviously occurred enough in this town. I decided to just continue with the boys’ birthday party, seeing as that would be all I could focus on at the moment.

Mom showed up when the week ended with her new boyfriend, Sam. I knew he would treat her well when I greeted him. We celebrated the party, Bella’s family and my own. Themis had gotten so big, the last time I saw her she still pooped in her diaper and slept in a crib. Asclepius and Apollo had finally graduated and moved into houses of their own. My younger siblings were growing too fast.
 I held up Poseidon and blew out the candle; Bella did the same for Zeus. They had grown handsomely. Zeus resembled me when I had been that small, but Poseidon looked so much like Bella even though he had my nose. They both had jet black hair, which could have been predicted since both Bella and I had black hair. We all chatted about our week and ate cake together and after everyone had left, Bella and I immediately started teaching the boys how to walk and talk and use the potty. Zeus learned quickly, while Poseidon had a little trouble with the walking.
We changed the beds to match their personalities; Zeus seemed to be attracted to the color blue, and to match the Greek god he had been named after, we changed the crib to dark blue with thunder clouds inside. Poseidon liked green, and we matched his outfit with Zeus’ and changed his crib to an underwater theme with green water and various colored fish.
When we put them to bed for the night, Bella and I crawled in bed next to each other.
“Our boys have gotten so big…” she sighed.
“Yep, before you know it, they’ll be in high school dating girls and learning to drive.” Bella laughed.
“Yeah…well good night baby…” then out went the lights.

That night, I tossed and turned in my sleep as a nightmare in which a knight in full armor sat atop a death black stallion. He snorted smoke from his nostrils and his eyes burned red with hatred, with his tail waving like a dark flag behind him. His hooves looked bloody and the feathering appeared matted. Then the horse pawed at the dirt and the knight raised his longsword into the air and charged at me. No matter how hard I tried to run, I couldn’t get away; I could hear the horse neighing ghostly, eerily behind me as they neared my every step. Then I tripped and when I turned around, the horse reared up onto its hind legs. The knight no longer saddled on top, but a man in a black suit. I couldn’t see his face, but he laughed manically. Then I awoke, coughing violently as if I swallowed a bucket of sand.

What did this dream mean? Who was the man on the horse…?

loveSims

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
I think the man on the horse represents his father. Brilliant updates! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 06:07:48 PM »
Chapter Seven: Bribery
   Zeus and Poseidon learned quickly, Zeus still caught on much quicker than his younger twin. They both learned to walk and talk, and the next day, we finally finished their potty training. They were becoming more independent, so we set the children’s books on the floor for them to read. Zeus still stayed at least two books ahead in his reading than Poseidon. It worried me that Poseidon would have some learning difficulties later in life. Then again, he would always have his older twin to help him out if the need arose.

Bella loved our children, I could tell. She would wake up hours before me and get them started on their day; she changed their diapers, played with both of the boys by tickling them or tossing them in the air, and fed them. Afterwards, she placed them on the floor in front of their books. A mother’s bond though, would be broken later in life when the boys would start to bond with me. It made me tingle with excitement to think about taking my boys out fishing or maybe buying a pet for them and teaching them manly responsibilities. Bella would laugh though at my suggestions and go about her daily routine.

She had finally started back at work again; she also started to mention having another baby.
   “I just think it would be a nice addition.” She said as she cleaned the dishes one evening.
   “Bella, the twins haven’t even started school yet. We just can’t afford it; we don’t have enough space, we don’t have the time to change and feed the baby, and we don’t have the money to buy another crib.” I pushed the chairs under the table.
   “I really would like to have another girl in the family…” she turned to look at me.
   “I know baby, but we’ll have to wait. It won’t be much longer, the boys are already 3 years old after all…” she nodded and I knew that I had convinced her.

Saturday I awoke to birds singing hymns in the trees and the sun shining right in my face. Bella had asked me to go to the grocery store to buy some cheese and apples. I crept into the living room where the twins were fast asleep and I quietly shut the front door and took a taxi to town. There weren’t many people awake yet at 7AM, so I bought the cheese and apples without having to wait in a line to check out.

I left the grocery store and had just called a cab when I spotted a woman waving and running toward me. Oh no, it’s Zelda! I motioned for the taxi to speed up, but Zelda caught up to me before they could react.
   “Hey! Sorry to bother you. Listen, I know Gunther came to talk to you the other day.” She panted.
   “Yeah, what of it?” the taxi drove by…there went my escape.
   “Listen, I don’t know what he told you,” she glanced around as if looking for someone, “But he’s an evil, evil man. No one in this town is to be trusted--”
   “Not even you, apparently. I heard you were involved in the fraud that happened almost 10 years ago and teamed up with my dad. Probably to try and get rich so you can buy out all of the corporations in town, am I right or am I right?” I squinted at her to show my disgust. She just chuckled though and sighed sarcastically.
   “You silly boy, you have no clue about the corporate world or investing in real estate.”
   “I know enough to realize you’re about as much of a liar as my father is.” I started to wave down another taxi; I didn’t want to listen to her garbage anymore.
   “Listen, you don’t have to be this way.” She moved closer to me.
   “I have a family and two sons to worry about. I don’t need you wrecking my life. I’m going to find Vita Alto to clear this up.” The taxi pulled up and I quickly got in, slammed the door, and locked it.
   “I’ll find you, Ares. You can’t avoid me forever…”

The taxi took me to the mansions that oversaw the town. We pulled up to a flesh colored manor with numerous windows and many trees and bushes. I walked down the split walkway to the porch and rang the fancy doorbell.
   A hideous woman who wore grayish purple make-up and burgundy lipstick opened the door.
   “What do you want?” she asked in a snobby fashion.
   “Are you Mrs. Vita?” I asked even though she could be no one else.
   “Ugh, yes. Why are you wasting my time?” she checked her expensive watch.
   “I wanted to ask you about the Doo Peas fraud.”

Her eyes widened slightly, but she still kept her stern face.
   “Why do you want to know about that?” she now seemed more focused on what I had to say and stepped out onto the porch, closing the large doors behind her.
   “I’ve been searching for my father, Stiles McGraw, but all I got was an investigation about some scheme he’s supposedly involved in.”
   “Listen…I won’t try to keep you away from looking for your father, but I will give you a piece of advice: stay away from him. In fact, stay away from this terrible mess.” A white convertible drove up and Vita started acting spastic, “I—I, uh, I have to go now! Bye!” then she slammed the door in my face. Zelda appeared on the other side of the car.

“I told you to stay out of this.” She called, then got back in her car, and noisily left the lot.
   I couldn’t stay away from this though…I had to find my father. I just wanted to ask him some questions and then I’d be done. Why did this have to be so hard?!
   I gravely went home and put the groceries in the fridge. Bella squatted in the floor with the boys and I collapsed onto the couch.
   “We got some very eye-opening mail today…” she said looking down as the boys read their books. I sat up and she pointed to the computer desk by the window and Zeus’ crib. A white letter sat opened on the edge of the table. As I went to pick it up, I felt as if I was walking down an endless hallway and the desk seemed to shrink the closer I got to it.

I finally picked up the letter and unfolded it:

My dearest Ares,
I know what you’ve been doing and I know what you’ve been searching for too. I am not happy with this and you need to stay out of this. If you don’t, we’ll be forced to take drastic action to keep you out of our business. You will regret everything you've done if you try to stop it, and to make sure you do keep away, I’ve attached a handsome amount of money to the letter.

Stiles McGraw

I gulped and scrambled for the envelope. No address, no postage, nothing. He must have dropped it in the mailbox. Under the envelope I found $10,000, but I knew it had to be stolen from the bank or the company, so I tossed it aside. The letter made me conscious though, I feared for not only my life, but my family’s safety.
I had yet to realize the struggles to come…

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 07:19:16 PM »
Nice update! Stiles is a bad man.

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 10:28:37 AM »
I handed her a dark violet dress with a bright purple bow in the front.
I realized that I had made a last minute change to the dress from red to purple when I looked at the screenshots. Hoping to start adding pictures soon.

Some pictures were accidentally deleted. Going to fill in the blanks, such as the conversations with the Sims involved in investigation and hopefully some wedding pictures! Some may not match up with the story, but you'll get the point! Thank you all for reading!

More pictures are soon to come, as well as a new chapter. Finally caught up!

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 01:13:40 PM »
Chapter Eight: Incognito
A few years went by, and I laid low for a while, not wanting to become everyone’s central point of attention. The twins’ birthdays were to be celebrated on a Wednesday and I continued to grow anxious, constantly watching my back. I still didn’t know if Stiles would go through with anything, but I didn’t want to meddle in their business to find out.
There I had reached my dilemma: I wanted to meet my father, but he had gotten himself in a grand thieving scheme that no one would tell me about. I didn’t know who to trust anymore. Could I truly trust the corporation or were they blackmailing people? Then Zelda had chased me down to the Alto’s house, which seemed pretty suspicious. Bella begged me daily to forget about this “nonsense” and just enjoy what I have; my boys, a wife, and a great job. I did as she pleaded, but a thought would always come to mind: Where was Stiles McGraw?

Later in the week, before the twin’s birthday party, I received another phone call from my mother.
“Ares, I am so sorry to bother you.”
“You’re fine, Mom. What’s up?”
“Well, you remember Sam, right?”
“Yes, nice man, I approve. What of him? Did he die in a fire?!” my mind started to panic.
“No…actually, it’s something way better than that.” She laughed.
“Well, what is it, mother?”
“I’m…I’m getting married!” she squealed.
The phone almost slipped out of my hand. I couldn’t believe it; Mom had finally found someone else and he had proposed.
“Oh, wow, that’s great, Mom, when’s the wedding?” I looked at my calendar above the coffee table.
“Well, when are my grandchildren’s birthdays going to be?”
“Wednesday.”
“Then we’ll have the wedding on Friday at 9AM.”
“I’ll see you there, Mom, congratulations! I love you!”
“I love you too, son.”
Mom had always been an independent woman, I never would have thought the day would come, but my heart seemed to be relieved that another calamity didn’t occur. Sam would make her happy, I knew it.

As the twins finished up mastering their toys, I decided to give Bella what she longed for so much: another baby. We were ready anyways; we had saved up enough money and bought a house, one with two bedrooms and a much bigger living space. We were so excited for the move and for the new baby! The twins would have a new younger sibling…

Even with all the big news in our household, I continued to work out and Bella often went outside for fresh air and read her books. Wednesday came too quickly it seemed and the boys celebrated their birthdays! They had grown into two good-looking boys; they would be able to move into their new bedroom where we had a desk and toys. The party wasn’t as exciting as the preceding one, but it didn’t matter, we were happy that our boys were healthy and grew up well. Plus, they got to meet their grandmother! After everyone left the party, Zeus and Poseidon played with the blocks together for the rest of the night.

The next day, as Bella sat on the bench outside, enjoying her maternity leave, her water broke and she started groaning outside. I rushed to help her, but she motioned for me to step back, heaving profoundly and straining.

A little girl, Athena plopped into her arms in the yard that day, but Bella wasn’t through, that’s right, we had twins, again! A boy came next, Hades, and she handed him to me. My mind flooded with worry, I hoped we could handle having two sets of twins…

They were precious though, we redecorated the cribs to match their personalities. We changed Athena’s into a pink camouflage bed with an army teddy bear. Hades’ we changed to blue flames, with a black teddy bear that had flames on his sleeves. They were blessings to us, but we figured we were done having kids, fearing that we would end up having another set of twins. Besides, Bella got the little girl she wanted.

I didn’t investigate my father for a while, since we had more twins. I figured in my mind that I would never get to see my father...and though it broke my heart to think that all these road blocks of people and lies crowded my path to him, I knew it would be best to just take a break. I had four kids now too. Mom also came to visit after Athena and Hades were born, she cooed over them, especially Athena, who happened to be the first granddaughter of the family.

We all attended the wedding in the morning after we had the babies, Sam and my mother looked dashing in their fancy tuxedos and wedding garments. She had never looked more beautiful to me, and it made me remember how angelic Bella appeared on our wedding day.

In the afternoon, Poseidon came up to me with a proposal.
   “Dad.” He tugged at my shirt.
   “Yeah, son?” I turned around on the couch from reading my handiness book.
   “So, I have this idea.”
   I smirked at him; I could tell he would be cleverly good at bargaining for some reason.
   “If I get straight A’s all through the school year, then on my next birthday, can I have a horse?”
   I started to sweat when I thought about having 4 children and a horse.
   “Go ask your mother.” I did not want to be in charge of that, Bella would know what to do and whether or not we would have the resources to take care of a large four-legged beast.
   “Mom!” Poseidon spun around when Bella walked in.
   “What dear?” she had been cleaning the house all day and just wanted to sit down.
   “If I get straight A’s all through the school year, then on my next birthday can I have a pony?”
   She looked at me, and I shook my head.
   “Your call.” I told her.
   “Hm, we’ll see. We can start saving our money, and then look at some horses at the horse stables in town when your next birthday comes. Poseidon, this horse will be your responsibility, which means you’ll feed it, you’ll wash it, and you’ll take it out to exercise.”
   “Hooray!” he jumped in the air, “Thanks Mom! Thanks Dad!” he hugged both of our necks at the same time.
   I looked at Bella who rested her head on the back of the couch.
   “Are you tired?”
   She nodded.
   “Do you think we can save enough money to get a horse in time for his next birthday?”
   She shrugged.
   I figured if it happened, then it would happen…

That night, the dream of the knight happened again, but something changed. A black knight perched on top of a gloriously white mare, her mane flowed past her neck and her tail shimmered even in the dark. He rose up an olive branch and the horse slowly walked to me, but then smoke arose from below and the white knight atop the demonic stallion appeared out of the cloud. He had his sword stretched out, stained with blood. I awoke again, without getting to see the faces, but I noticed something: neither one chased me…

loveSims

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
Great update! There is so much answered questions for him.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
The pictures are good! Wonder what the dreams mean......

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 04:08:14 PM »
Chapter Nine: A Lead in the Case
Over the next few days, I realized I loved Hades and Athena possibly more than Zeus and Poseidon, but I figured the feeling had been brought on by seeing them being born. The sensitivity and pure sacredness of watching my babies come into the world; the mere fact that they were mine and I had created them, sent me down an emotional path I didn’t know existed. I loved all of my children though, right down to the last hair on their head.

Monday came and Zeus and Poseidon finally started school. Bella helped them get ready by making sure they showered, had breakfast, and put their clothes in the hampers, and then she made their lunches and sent them off.
   “Have a nice day, boys! Listen to your teachers!” she called, waving them good-bye. I had taken my shower and fed the babies, I had already been running late. I started to head out the door when Bella stopped me.

“Where are you going?” she never let me leave without a kiss.
   “Sorry baby, running late!” I kissed her quickly on the lips then headed out to work.
   All day though, I kept thinking about Emma Hatch. It had been a few years since I had last spoken with her, but I had this gut feeling that maybe she knew where my father’s hideout had been located. The day dragged on and I soon forgot about my thoughts until work ended. I immediately went over to her house.
   “Ares?! What’re you doing here?” she definitely wasn’t excited to see me.
   “Listen, we got off on the wrong foot before…is there any chance I could come and ask just two measly questions?”
   She pondered my offer for a moment.
   “Fine, but make it quick.” She stepped aside and granted me entry into her house.
   “Thanks so much. First, do you know who my father is really dating?”
   She looked up as if in deep in thought and scratched her head.
   “I’m not quite sure. If anyone tells you that he’s dating Zelda, it’s a lie. He’s just using her to get more money. I do recall seeing him with a brown haired lady with glasses. I think her name is Judy Bunch…I don’t know why he’d want to be with her. I thought she was married.” Her voice changed from harsh to calm.
   “Hm, okay then. Last question, do you know where my father lives?” I really hoped she had an answer for this question, considering it meant the most to me.
   “No. I don’t…I’m sorry. I’m sorry I got mad at you before too. It’s just…the man is a low-life and can’t be trusted. He actually thought that he could try to corrupt me and get me to go along with his little plan, but I won’t say anything about that.”

“Trust me, I already know too much about it already…” I looked down, “Thanks Emma for your help. It means a lot to me.”
   So, my father had partnered up with Zelda and dated Judy? I believed more and more that he only used these women for money. I drove back home to find Bella sitting on the couch, reading her handiness book and the twins asleep in their cribs. We had moved Hades’ crib to the living room, so as not to disturb Bella and me when we slept.

“Hey baby.” She said looking up from her reading, “Where have you been?”
   “I went to Emma Hatch’s house. She told me that my father is dating Judy Bunch.”
   “I thought he was dating that Zelda person?”
   “Nope, apparently they’re just in the thieving business together. I hope I come up with something soon. I really want to know where he lives.”
   Zeus and Poseidon walked in from school.
   “Hey guys, how was your first day of school?” I walked into the kitchen to get some food.
   “Great, Dad!” Poseidon exclaimed, but Zeus solemnly walked in behind him.
   “Zeus? How was school, son?” I asked placing some left over birthday cake on the table.
   “Boring. The teacher wouldn’t call on me to answer any of the questions.”
   “Eh, you’ll have plenty of other chances. Now, go do your homework.”
   He walked into his bedroom and sat beside Poseidon. They worked on their homework together and seemed to enjoy talking about kid stuff. I knew they would be good brothers to each other.

Afterwards, they both baked some muffins for a little while then headed off to bed. Bella fed the babies, and just as we were both about get some sleep, too, we had a visitor.

“Mr. Rocker, can I come in please for a moment?” Mrs. Alto asked at the door.
   “Hello, and yes, please, do come in.” I opened the door for her, “Have a seat if you’d like.”
   She sat on our royal blue couch and I accompanied her.
   “I have some news about your father. I found this out just the other day.” She looked out the windows to the front yard to be sure no eavesdroppers were around.
   “I know where your father lives.”

“You do?! How’d you find out?!” I almost jumped off the couch with excitement.
   “Well, I’m not sure if the information is reliable, but it’s worth checking out. I overheard some men talking about Stiles McGraw and how he had been using a trailer as a “love shack.” It was cheap, I’m sure, so it didn’t cost much, but the trailer was just opened up about two weeks ago. I heard it had been bought by someone else, but they let Stiles use it. The house is located at 55 Water Lily Lane.”
   The address stuck out to me…55 Water Lily Lane...then it hit me, Sam used to live in that trailer! I wondered why Stiles would want to use that trailer though. There were plenty of other better houses in town that would cost around the same amount.
   “Thank you so much, Mrs. Vita. This is such good news to hear!” I shook her hand she took her leave. I didn’t have time to investigate the house though since the babies’ birthdays would be coming up.

After the boys had boarded the school bus, Bella and I woke the twins for their birthdays. Hades went first, even though he wasn’t the oldest, he just happened to wake up before Athena. Then Athena went and they both grew up quite differently. Hades couldn’t have resembled Bella more; they could have been twins, instead of him and Athena. Athena though, made me feel a bit guilty because she looked so much like me. I knew Bella had wanted a girl for a while, but she didn’t seem to mind that her only girl looked a lot like me.

After their diapers were changed and their stomachs were filled, Bella took Athena and I took Hades and we started them on their potty training and walking. We didn’t get too far though because they were so exhausted from their birthday parties. We put them to bed after a couple of hours of trying to teach them both to walk.

“Okay, I’m leaving, I’ll be back in a little while.” I kissed Bella on the lips.
   “Where are you going?” she asked as she placed Athena in her crib.
   “To this trailer Vita told me about…it could be my father’s house.”
   “Be careful, Ares.” She kissed me once more.

The location of the trailer surprised me; I thought it would be located more in the suburbs than closer to town. I approached the gray door with the red trim, I tried to look in the thin windows, but the lights were off. I saw dirty dishes stacked in the sink though and the TV turned on. It seemed no one had been home for a couple of days. Then I looked on the concrete, underneath the door, a letter wedged to the side. I opened it and read:

Ares,
I overheard the men talking about me in town today. I figured the word would get around to you, so I packed up and relocated. Can’t you take 'no' for an answer? If you find this letter, I’m more than likely not home and my trailer has probably been broken into thanks to your nosiness. Don’t come looking for me.
                        Stiles

My heart sank…my father wanted nothing to do with me…

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 03:31:28 PM »
Oh..... Poor Ares. The twins [both of them]  are so cute!!!

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »
I just caught up on this story. It's wonderful, very mysterious and well written! I feel so sorry for Ares. Stiles seems like such a bad man, but I'm still so curious to meet him.

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »
If you read the first couple of chapters of Rex Rocker, you'll see what happened when Ares was first born.
Thanks for reading! I'm glad you're all liking it!

Offline 11Snoopy16

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »
Chapter Ten: A Strange Revelation
Feeling alone and completely distraught, I headed home, yet again. I rode in the back seat of a taxi not really knowing what to think. I just wanted to meet him and the situation had turned into something so much more. Something way beyond my comprehension and understanding; I never wanted it to be like this, not in the least. It made me think about my sons though. What if this had been them? I pressed my face against the window of the cab.
"Taxi, wait." I leaned forward talking to the driver, "Take me back. Take me to the Vito's manor." We turned around in a parking lot. I knew I didn't want my sons to grow up wondering if I loved them, wondering if they could come to me with their problems or ask me anything. We arrived on the big hill with the huge estates. On either side of the circular road, there were two huge mansions, but up ahead the town had built the JRA International Equestrian Center where they bred and showed horses.
Poseidon had wanted a horse and if I had any fatherly love in me anywhere, I wasn't about to let him down. I didn't care if his birthday wasn't for a couple of years or so, he wanted a horse. I paid the taxi driver and walked into the huge horse stables where a man greeted me.
"I want to buy a horse." I told him sternly.
He led me and showed me around eight stables holding different horses.
"Now this first one is a little aggressive, but she's fast and very smart." I didn't like the color of the horse and I knew Poseidon wouldn't either. He had told me he wanted a draft horse like a Clydesdale or a Shire horse.
Then I saw her, a magnificent mare with a white muzzle and a light beige mane and tail, with feathering. I had never seen a more beautiful horse.
"That's the one." I pointed to her, "How much do you want for that mare?"
"$490" the man stated. I wrote a check and he gave me the reins to her bridle, "Nice doing business with you."

The boys were surely already home, but by the time I got back, night had thrown its dark blanket over Sunset Valley. I didn't quite know if Poseidon wanted his horse to be a race horse or a jumping horse, so I took a wild guess and bought some racing posts. I also bought a stable and a ton of hay which I stacked against the house (it had to be moved later though.) Then I also bought a water trough and salt lick.

I hope Poseidon would like the mare, but I felt bad for not buying Zeus anything. So I ran to the store and bought him a telescope which I set out in the front yard. I knew they'd be surprised when they woke up in the morning. I went to bed that night feeling a little better and I didn't have the nightmare...

I woke to the sound of Bella walking in the living room and Hades and Athena giggling and gurgling. I walked out to find her sitting in the floor with Hades teaching him to talk.
"Hey sleepy head." she smiled up at me, "Hades has just about learned to use the potty." I could tell she knew I had been depressed, I still hadn't told her what had happened.
"Where's Athena?"
She pointed into the living room. Athena sat in front of her crib drinking her bottle. I bent down and kissed Bella's head.
"I love you." I walked in and picked up Athena and tossed her in the air, she squealed with enjoyment. My children were my life and I could never do what Stiles had done to me, to them. I loved them with all my heart...
I put Athena's potty training back into action and she learned it right then. I then sat her down in between the two cribs and started to teach her to talk. Bella had done so well and had almost taught Hades to talk; I knew she didn't have time to work with both kids.

After a little while, Athena caught on and said "daddy" for the first time. I hugged her tight and then carried her into the foyer where Bella still sat in the floor teaching Hades to talk.

"She said 'daddy.'" I smiled. Bella looked up at me with a look of concern, "What?"
"What's wrong?"
I sighed. I couldn't hide my feelings from her, Bella had been there for me with everything and I knew it best to communicate.
"You remember I went to the house yesterday..." I placed Athena who had started to squirm on the floor.
"Yeah, what happened?"
"He wasn't there...but I found this note under the door." I handed it to her. She started to read it and about halfway through she furrowed her eyebrows and then looked back at me.
"This man is a piece of work. Why would you say that to your son?" she then looked at Hades and I knew she would never be able to say anything like that to her children. Only a cold hearted snake could even consider writing such a cruel letter in the hopes that his son would find it.
"I don't know...I've been trying to forget about it."
Bella then smirked at me.
"Yeah, I saw the horse, Ares." she giggled lightly, "You didn't think you could sneak all of that large horse equipment to the backyard without me noticing, did you?"
"I just felt so bad when I read the letter. I didn't want my sons to think I didn't love them."
"Its completely understandable." she looked back at Hades then back up at me, "So what kind of horse did you get exactly?"
"Its a Shire horse. She's a beautiful mare, Bella. You ought to go look at her."
"Has Poseidon seen her yet?--"
At that moment, Poseidon walked out of the bathroom.
"--hey, baby!" she quickly said.
"Hi mom." he rubbed his eyes. Bella looked up at me and motioned with her head to somehow get him outside.
"Hey, son, will you go look out back? I think an old limb fell and I want you bring it up to the road for the trash to pick up."
"Okay, Dad." he went and got dressed then headed outside. Bella and I rushed to the kitchen window.
Then a second later we heard a scream.
"DAD!!!" I walked outside.
"What, son?"
"A...a horse!" he pointed.
"Happy extremely early birthday." I grinned. He jumped up in the air and ran to me.
"Thanks Dad! Thank you so much!" he hugged my waist.
"What are you going to name her?"
Poseidon thought for a minute...
"Epona! You know? From the video game?" he grinned. I looked at the large mare and I did see the resemblance. I had bought a green and brown bridles, a green saddle and blanket, and a chest strap. Poseidon, I could tell, loved her instantly...

"She's all yours buddy. You'll have to work with her. You can't ride her right now, but you will later."
Poseidon jumped right to brushing her and cleaning her hooves, he talked to her and petted her, and hugged her. Then he went to scatter some hay for her.

I don't remember why he put his pajamas back on, but that's okay

Zeus then walked outside. His hair still wet, so I knew he had just got done showering.
"What's going on?" then he rounded the corner and saw the large horse in the back. I thought his eyes would pop out of his head.
"Your brother has a pet now." he then looked at the ground, "Look over there, Zeus." I said pointing to the edge of the yard. There sat the telescope. He looked through it until nightfall. They both stayed outside all day. Poseidon loved that horse, it instantly became his best friend. He also started training her for racing. I knew she'd be ready to race by the time his birthday came around.

While the boys were outside, Hades and Athena had finally finished learning to walk, talk, and use the potty and started playing with their toys in the foyer.

Bella and I finally had some alone time and headed to the bedroom.
"Thank you so much for supporting me through this." I told her as we relaxed on the bed.
"You are my best friend, Ares."
I grabbed her and pulled her closer to me. We hadn't had some romance since Hades and Athena were born, but we did that night...

I hoped later that she wouldn't become pregnant...

Afterwards, I kissed her and headed outside. I decided to help Poseidon out and I would upgrade the water trough so the water would refill automatically.

The horse came to drink by me and when I finished, I approached the majestic beast.
"I just wish I knew why my father was like this..." she snorted with her head low to the ground.

"You really are a beautiful horse...I just need a revelation or something."

"Ares, there's someone here to see you!" Bella called from the front yard. I gave Epona a carrot then headed to the front yard.
"Hello, Ares. Its nice to meet you, can I talk to you for a minute?" a man in a black sports jacket, black pants and black shoes stood in the front yard.
"And you are...?"

loveSims

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »
Oh no not a cliffhanger! Awesome update. :)

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »
The horse is so beautiful. I can't wait to find out who this man is!