Author Topic: The Mole Interactive Story Completed: The Epilogue  (Read 140678 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
The Mole Interactive Story Completed: The Epilogue
« on: June 11, 2012, 09:48:04 AM »
Welcome to a new story of mine, "The Mole," based off a television series of the same name. (There was an earlier adaptation to the Sims 3 as well, made by TurnerSims 3 on the official forum, unlinked due to inappropriate content) Basically, 8 members will complete missions in order to add points to the pot. (SimPoints) Simple, right?

Not quite. One of these members is called The Mole, and is trying to sabotage the missions and take points away from the pot, while being as discreet as possible.

The missions will be certain challenges that the members must complete. (a riddle, for example) The members will try to earn to earn points in the mission to add to the pot. At the same time, they may sabotage the mission and take points away. Finally, the players should try to figure out who the Mole is, while tricking other players into picking the wrong person as the Mole.

After the mission, each member will take a quiz to test their knowledge of the Mole. Questions may be something like, "Is the Mole male or female," or "What color shirt is the Mole wearing?" Every time the quiz is taken, the member who scores the lowest is eliminated from the game.

When only 3 players remain, a final quiz will be taken. Whoever scores the highest on that quiz will win the pot. (SimPoints) The Mole will win the points that were removed from the pot. (So, if the pot is 400/600, the winner gets 400 SimPoints, while the Mole gets 200 SimPoints)

To summarize, players will compete in missions to earn points, while tricking players into thinking that their the Mole and discovering the Mole's true identity. The Mole will sabotage the missions to take points away, while not being suspected of being the Mole.

So where do you guys come in? The players are you! I'll need 8 volunteers to participate in the game. They will create a Sim as a contestant, and will help shape the story of the Mole. They will also be doing challenges that determine the result of the missions in the story. If you want to participate in this story, please reply. I'll need 4 male Sims and 4 female Sims. (the gender of the player is irrelevant)

Points Earned/Total: 195/340

Contestants:

Schipperke (Sstarr MmcPhagall)
xFezIsAFreakx (Bo Bruce)
Roxanne07 (Autumn Rains)
Simboy134 (Nick Eagle)
Widonja (Martin Xavier)
ratchie (Carrots McGhee)
Ilessthan3TheSims (Aaron Red)
samoht04 (Jordan Silvergreen)

If you have any questions, please let me know! This is a somewhat complicated story, and I don't want anyone to be confused.

Chapters

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Mole Interactive Story
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »
This is a fascinating idea!  It sounds like a huge amount of fun.  I'd love to take part but I rather suspect I wouldn't be very good at the challenge part of it.  I never saw the television series - is that a handicap here?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »
This is a fascinating idea!  It sounds like a huge amount of fun.  I'd love to take part but I rather suspect I wouldn't be very good at the challenge part of it.  I never saw the television series - is that a handicap here?

No, it's not an handicap. I haven't seen the show, and I'm running it!  :) The challenges are geared towards mental challenges, (riddles, word games) mixed with some general Sim knowledge. I think you'd be pretty good at it.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 11:10:33 AM »
No, it's not an handicap. I haven't seen the show, and I'm running it!  :) The challenges are geared towards mental challenges, (riddles, word games) mixed with some general Sim knowledge. I think you'd be pretty good at it.

In that case, if you don't mind having a moderator taking part (if you do mind, don't be afraid to say so) - I'd love to be part of this game!  I'd be happy to play either a male or female Sim.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 12:28:21 PM »
This sounds awesome! I'll probably not be very good but I'd love to give it a go anyways! I won't mind what gender sim I get. :)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 12:39:05 PM »
I haven't seen the show either, but this sounds real fun!  :D  I'd love to play a sim!

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
I'd love to give a go Sign me up ! :D
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »
I'd love to give it a go, but I don't have a legit Sims account and can't win any points... Still, I'd love to compete :D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »
This sounds like a lot of fun I would love to take part.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 04:36:43 PM »
@Everyone: Thanks for showing interest, guys! I'll add you up to the players list.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 04:56:22 PM »
I would love to try, but I'll probably do bad  8)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »
I wanna play!

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 05:20:37 PM »
I'd love to give this a go, though I doubt I'd be that good at it, however, by my calculations, the house is full! But this should be good to read, if not take part in :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 05:23:11 PM »
It might be a good idea to have a few extra players who would be prepared to step in if someone has to drop out.  I'm sure no-one would want to drop out but sometimes unforseen things happen.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 06:52:40 PM »
It might be a good idea to have a few extra players who would be prepared to step in if someone has to drop out.  I'm sure no-one would want to drop out but sometimes unforseen things happen.

That is an excellent idea, Schip. Are you fine with being a back-up, Iless?

@Current Players: The Sims that will be the story contestants will need to be uploaded so I can download them, for filler shots and stuff. Take your time, though. This can't start until Wednesday at the earliest.

anything