Author Topic: The Mole Interactive Story Completed: The Epilogue  (Read 138858 times)

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
Re: The Mole Interactive Story: Execution Quiz #2
« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2012, 03:45:26 AM »
Oh no, I liked Sstarr! I didn't expect her (and her acid-blonde hair) to go first at all.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

thesweetestpea

« Reply #346 on: July 08, 2012, 03:53:43 AM »
I, too, did not expect Sstarr to go. It was a good run while it lasted. Did you enjoy your short tenure on the Mole, Schip?

I noticed the cat and went, "Huh?" I tried resetting it, but it didn't work. (I guess it reset some other stray cat in the world.)

I'll PM you and tell you the secret to resetting Sims with duplicate names. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #347 on: July 08, 2012, 07:08:24 AM »
Oh no, Sstarr!! I really, really didn't want you to leave!  :( 

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #348 on: July 08, 2012, 10:01:39 AM »
Aww ... thanks, guys!  You're all very kind.  But A is not being entirely honest when he says he didn't expect me to go.  He knew from reading my journals that I had no idea at all about the Mole's identity.  At one point I even suspected myself (remember, A?). 

By the way, to the remaining contestants, you have to watch that A.  He's crafty.  Don't let him trick you!

Rica, I asked A if he'd mind if I shared my answers with you.  He just laughed and said if I told people my answers, none of the contestants would ever win.  Humph.

But on a brighter note, what do you think of the new boots I found at A's shoe store?

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the brightest Sstarr of all?  Not me?  Oh...

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Mole Interactive Story: Execution Quiz #2
« Reply #349 on: July 08, 2012, 11:05:38 AM »
This is so funny! I'm enjoying it immensely. Schip, you do have a way with words ;)

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #350 on: July 08, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »
I'll go out on a limb and say it right now - We need a contest based on a quiz about Sstarr and what's in her mind! Or maybe, that kind of quiz should come later, when there are only, say - four :D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #351 on: July 08, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »
I'll go out on a limb and say it right now - We need a contest based on a quiz about Sstarr and what's in her mind!

You are truly brave.

A word of caution to the brave:  be careful what you wish for.   Are you sure you'd really want to know what's in Sstarr's mind? ;)

Also, my intrepid friend, is there a reason you're suggesting that contest come later?  Is it because you're afraid you'll be gone by then and won't have to deal with the consequences of your idea?  Or could it be that you know you don't have to worry about it because as the Mole you're impervious to danger?  Suspicion is in the air. 

Oh, why did Sstarr have to get herself eliminated so soon!  I can't bear to not be part of the fun.  I'll have to console myself with a trip to A's shoe store. :'(

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #352 on: July 08, 2012, 09:59:52 PM »
I'll go out on a limb and say it right now - We need a contest based on a quiz about Sstarr and what's in her mind! Or maybe, that kind of quiz should come later, when there are only, say - four :D

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting. Could you elaborate?

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #353 on: July 09, 2012, 10:09:27 AM »
Imagine this - only four contestant's remaining - Martin (of course) and 3 other randoms.

Question one - What is [Insert Eliminated Contestant's name] Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?

There could be clues dropped all around the entire story, or just made up things. I mean, Sstarr's favorite is surely Rockey Road, because she seems she has been hit in the head with a few rocks... often.

Joke Aside, I think this would be an interesting late game challenge :=)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #354 on: July 09, 2012, 10:16:28 AM »
There could be clues dropped all around the entire story, or just made up things. I mean, Sstarr's favorite is surely Rockey Road, because she seems she has been hit in the head with a few rocks... often.

Sstarr:  You mean because I'm such a hard-headed woman?  That is what you meant, right?  And maybe Martin's favourite flavour is Chunky Monkey, because he's always monkeying around?  Hmmm ... this could be fun!

Edit:  Well, well.  I just found a website telling "what does your favourite ice cream flavour say about you."  According to this website, people who prefer Rocky Road are a "balanced mixture of charm and practicality." Rocky road lovers are outgoing social butterflies who appreciate the finer things in life and love being taken care of.

So, Martin and Widonja, Sstarr thanks you for the compliment! (however unintended)  ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #355 on: July 09, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »
There could be clues dropped all around the entire story, or just made up things.

The quiz shouldn't have made up answers, that makes the execution completely random and unfair. The aim of the game is to know who the mole is.

(Makes me think why you'd want to completely deter from the aim of the game.. Or maybe you just don't care about the quiz, because you don't have to take it.)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #356 on: July 09, 2012, 11:06:44 AM »
Imagine this - only four contestant's remaining - Martin (of course) and 3 other randoms.

Question one - What is [Insert Eliminated Contestant's name] Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?

Joke Aside, I think this would be an interesting late game challenge :=)

The quiz should remain focused on the Mole. I might do something based on eliminated players, but not the quiz.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #357 on: July 09, 2012, 01:12:05 PM »
Mole Update

I have realized that the current way I'm doing the Challenges (PM-based) is not allowing the Mole (or anyone else) to have much of an effect on the other contestants. That is not good. I failed to specify this, so it is my failing, but it is important. The Mole is trying to deflect suspicion off of themselves, obviously, but the other players are trying to make everyone else think they are the Mole. Everyone should be trying to fail every once in a while, so as to confuse the other players. Therefore, I'm going to be changing the way I'm handling the Challenges.

First off, when I introduce a new Challenge, the contestants will post what they're doing in this thread, not by PM. Other contestants are free to, and are encouraged to, try to manipulate their peers. Execution Quizzes and Journals will still be sent by PM, since those are private things. If any of you have something you wish to ask me privately, please don't be shy with PMing me about it.

In addition, I'm going to introduce a new variable, the Mistake Card. Whoever gets a Mistake Card should try to sabotage the Challenge, similar to the Mole. I may send out only one Mistake Card, or I may send out 5. Maybe there'll be none at all. (Keep in mind, of course, that players are allowed to mess up even if they don't have the Mistake Card.)

Hopefully, these changes will improve the story, and allow the Mole some more influence. As usual, if you have any question, be sure to ask them.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #358 on: July 09, 2012, 01:22:57 PM »
The quiz should remain focused on the Mole. I might do something based on eliminated players, but not the quiz.

I wasn't thinking of this replacing the execution quiz, but more on the lines of a weeks challenge. Just a thought, though :D

I like the update. I was a bit confused with wherever the challenge was going. Oh and, just another thought. When a player is eliminated, you could send them parts of other contestant's journals - the parts that are talking about them... again, just a thought. And looking forward to the next challenge.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #359 on: July 09, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »
Carrots:I have noticed that we are all hiding in the shadows of late. Those of us who had such a lot to say appear to be keeping quieter then usual. Jordan was a man who had all the answers a few weeks ago are you still so sure you know who the mole is my confident friend. Aaron I see you are the strong silent type but maybe you need to come out of your shell. Do you hide in the shadows because you are so shy or is there another more moley reason.

Right now the silence says more then words ever could come on people prove to me you are not the mole if you dare.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.