Author Topic: In The Dark-Newest Log-The End  (Read 40866 times)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Arriving
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »
I loved your descriptions! ;D Also, that picture of her showering in the mirror is great.
Thank you so much, Apples.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Arriving
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2012, 08:35:09 AM »
Log 19-A Successful Run
  When I wake, I don't at first recognize where I am. Warren isn't next to me. I don't see the pond outside my windows to my left. Till it hits me like a bag of bricks, Twinbrook, witches, Warren, Shirley and Marley are in Sunset Valley. Not here.
   My chest feels tight, and aches. Tears swim in front of my eyes and I fight the urge to get up and run to the airport and take the earliest fight possible back to Sunset Valley.
   But I can't do that, I have to fix this. The only way to stop thinking about the ache in my chest is to stay busy. I grab the dirty clothes off the floor and carry them to the kitchen, there's a small corner with a washing machine and dryer. With a bit of Laundry soap left over from a previous occupant.

The machines are no work of art, and are very loud. I grumble as I walk to the fridge. I make a bowl of cereal and pour some honey into it like I do for Shirley and scoop it into my mouth, regretting the honey since it reminds me of her.

I put on running clothes and turn on my computer, and google maps. I find a route to the library before sliding my shoes on, grabbing the keys and running out the door.
   When ever I run, I feel free, weightless, no stress what so ever.

The air is cooler then Sunset Valleys. The cold air is nice though, as it whips around me. I pick up the pace, running faster.

No one is out yet, except a little girl on a bike. On purpose, I run past the street I was supposed to turn. I can't stop now, I'm going too fast, and feeling so weightless. I run onto the bridge, and skid to a stop.

I turn to look at the dark, churning water below. Not crystal blue, but the stars. The stars! They shine so brightly.

I catch my breath, with the cool winds from the water adding to the cold air. I take one last deep breath, before turning around and running. This time, I turn on the right street and sprint when I see the library.

I look at the hours, happy that it's open and I didn't run here for nothing.

I pull open the doors, no one else is here, except for the ancient librarian who eyes me. I look at the computer sign in sheet, and put my name for good measure before sitting at one of the only computers.

I spend an hour searching for anything and everything that could help me.. The sun starts to come out and some college aged students come in, for last minute study sessions or reading material.
   Eventually, I realize this time internet can't help me. I get up, and an aggravated looking man takes my seat. I walk over to the librarian and ask as sweetly as I can where the phone books are. She hacks, and scowls before pointing upstairs and muttering left.
   I hurry up the stairs, and turn left and find the big sing that says phone book. I take an older one and look at all the Jills' and there addresses. Turns out there's only one.

I type the information into my phone before putting the book back onto the shelf, and running out of the library. I may actually be able to fix this.

Hope you liked the update and please feel free to comment!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-A Successful Run
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »
Poor thing, she's so lonely. :( I hope she can find Jill.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »
Wow that was really good. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2012, 09:14:32 PM »
Poor thing, she's so lonely. :( I hope she can find Jill.
Wow that was really good. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Thank you! I need to play for the next updates, so maybe Monday for the next update.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »
Log 19-Finding Jill, Turns Out To Be A Quest
   The minute I burst through the door, breathing hard, I have my phone out and ringing. "HELLO?" I partly yell into the phone. "No need to shout, dear." A soothing voice on the other end replies. "Sorry, are you Jill?" I ask, using my normal voice. "Yes, I am. And you are?" "Hailey. Your siste-" "Which one?" Jill cuts me off. "The nice one, Oma. Not Kali." She breaths a sigh of relief into the phone. "Oh, good, you're not lying. How can I help you?" "Well, Kali did something to the time fra-" She cuts me off again, "It's not safe to talk about this over the phone. I'll give you my address, come no later then noon." She tells me her address before hanging up. I place the sticky note with her address on the coffee table and go to take a shower. A quick one before I make myself presentable. I punch in the address into the GPS and slide my phone and the note into my back pocket before getting into the car. The engine hums as I drive down the street.

I do a double take to make sure that the address is right. The house appears empty, or forgotten. The lawn is mud, the siding on the house falling off. The pick up truck looks beyond used, the what I think was once pink paint, rusted to red.

I carefully walk up the stairs, expecting the step to give away and my foot fall through the flimsy plank. But it doesn't. I can't see in, and consider turning around to the safety of my car. But I see the blind rustle ever so slightly, and know I can't turn around. I take a deep breath and knock on the wood. A woman who I assume to be Jill walks out to greet me.

"I'm Jill, Hailey, no?" I nod as she leads me inside and shuts the door behind her with a bolt. "Don't worry, your safe. Just for extra protection." From what? I think. From the outside, you would expect that the inside would be bad, rotting furniture, a musty smell. Oh, how happy I was when I saw how bright it was. The walls were white, the furniture as well. It was bright, even though the windows are covered.

The room has the disticnt smell of flowers, even though they are no flowers in sight. A kitchen is along the far wall, sparkling to perfection.

Jill gestures for me to take a seat on the couch. "Now," She says, her voice reminding me of an instructors. Nice, but firm. "What happened, what did Kali do to you?"

I tell her everything, starting with the earth quake. To how dark it was, to Warren and the others. Escaping, finding light, living life outside of our time. The whole time, her frown grows deeper. Hatred behind those brown eyes, no doubt being sent towards Kali. When I finish, I'm on the verge of tears. I had gotten very emotional on the part about my mother and later, my own family. "You poor dear," Jill says finally, so much love and care in her words that I felt warm "I am so sorry, Hailey. I know I am not the one who did this to you, but I am so sorry. For my sister's actions, she has disgraced herself an unmeasurable amount of times. She deserves much pain for her faults, for which she will never apologize. Please forgive me for making you go through all this, and I promise I will try and fix it to the best of my abilities."
   I put a hand to my chest, never had anyone been so kind to me just knowing me. Except for Warren, but that's different.

"Thank you, but I do not blame you. It made me realize that there are bonds that if I had the chance I would fix." She smiles, pain behind her teeth. "Come, we will drink tea."
   I take a seat at the table, and stare at my shoes beneath the glass surface as she makes the tea.

She places hers and my mug and I take a sip. It taste fruity, and tropical. And warm like sunshine. As we sip, I show her pictures of my girls, and smile at how much they have grown. When we finish, she takes the cups. "Hailey, there is a part I forgot to tell you." The tone in her voice is not reassuring. "I do not have the power on my own to do this, you will need to go get something to aid me. Something, costly in a way. A friend of mine will meet you at the amphitheater, Kali may try and intercept you in any way she can. I can not promise it will be successful, but it is the only way to completely reverse everything." I nod before I speak, "I have already given up so much, faced things beyond what a child should, I have been teases and bullied,  I lost a life I had and gained another. I can take heartbreak and pain, I can do this."
   She nods miserably, "I know you can. May god help you." She grips my hand tightly before letting me go reluctantly. "Luck." She calls from the stairs, I smile. I need a whole lot of luck to do this.

I hope you liked the update and please tell me what you think of Jill and what Hailey now has to do!

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Finding Jill, Turns Out To Be A Quest
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2012, 01:23:57 PM »
I like Jill. I'm not sure what her intentions are, but she seems nice. I feel so sorry for Hailey, after everything she lost because of Kali. :( Why did Kali do what she did?! I'm very curious.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2012, 03:27:16 PM »
How heartbreaking! What made Kali do that?!
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2012, 04:31:47 PM »
I like Jill. I'm not sure what her intentions are, but she seems nice. I feel so sorry for Hailey, after everything she lost because of Kali. :( Why did Kali do what she did?! I'm very curious.
How heartbreaking! What made Kali do that?!
It will be explained later, and it really is heart breaking.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Dizzy
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2012, 02:25:30 PM »
b]Log 20-Dizzy
   My heart is already pounding against my chest as I drive up the street. Nervousness takes over my head, heart and body. And I narrowly miss hitting three people who are crossing the street. I park my car farther away from the Amphitheater, so Kali can't mess up my car. I make my feet walk, and move, do anything. Eventually, I'm in the park. And I start to shake, I want to turn around, leave. But I picture Warren in my head, looking at me, smiling. And I find strength, I can do this. I can, and I will.
   The park is pretty, the grass is green. Almost as if it stole spring and froze it.

There's a small shiver of sparkling light. I tilt my head, a soft song fills my ears. Pulling me closer to the light. As I walk, it gets darker and darker. A premature light.

From the light, a person appears. Half a foot shorter then me, a cheesy grin on her face. "Let me guess, Jill sent you?" Her voice is high, and has a giggly quality to it. "Yes, she sent me. You'll help me?" "I'll try, but no promises. Most succeed, anyways! Here ya go, don't open it. Only Jill can." She giggles. I take the small envelope from her and put it in my pocket. "Thanks, now what?" The girl giggles and starts to float, "You try to live and get that, back to Jill! Try not to die, I like this one!" And she disappears.
   I rub my eyes, to make sure that she didn't just become invisible. Oh, look at me. I think turning invisible is normal, what has the world come too? I start walking back towards my car, it was a lot easier. Easier then I thought, and life isn't easy.
   There's a whistling sound by my left ear ad I turn around to see one of the scariest things ever.

She was ghostly pale, black paint framed her face. Her lips were shadowed, her eyes sunken in. Her voice sent tremors down my spine, "Hailey," She croaked. She sounded as though she hadn't spoken in millions of years. "Come." I shook my head, and sped up.
   I stopped, a sharp pain bloomed from the bottom of my foot. I hopped on my left foot, attempting to keep moving. A sharp wind spun me around, my hair whipping my face. Then I saw the second.

She was sitting crossed legged the frame around her face was not as dark, and her eyes looked more normal. Then, she started to float, without her legs. I was so perplexed. She kept coming closer, I was so mesmerized I didn't realize the pain had left my foot. Or that someone else had joined the party.

Kali. The thought of her made my blood run cold, seeing her made me frozen. She was just as evil looking as they said. Her eyes icy white, her hair whiter then snow, her skin pale, and her lips blood red. "Hailey," Her voice was startlingly smooth. She held out the wrong sounds, and had an accent that sounded off.
   I blink for a moment, and Kali is by my side. "Hello, long time, no? I always wanted to meet the girl who messed up my plan. Too bad it's time for you to leave, but I'll give you one more show."
   I didn't even have time for that to sink in, before her icy hand reached out of mine. The minutes her fingers touched mine, a frost grew up my arm. Ice literally freezing up my arm. "Three, two,"
   Everything went black.

Hope you liked the update and please tell me what you think!

Louise56

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2012, 08:38:44 AM »
That is some scary sims! It can give me nightmares lol.
Can't wait to see what happens next. Great update! :)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2012, 08:47:33 AM »
That is some scary sims! It can give me nightmares lol.
Can't wait to see what happens next. Great update! :)
Thank you. I had lots of fun making Kali and her helper things look creepy!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2012, 12:05:37 AM »
Log 21-Kali's Heartbreak
   When I awake, three girls are in the room. They seem familiar, so very familiar. Fear of them routed deep in my soul.

Then it hits, they're the younger Jill, Oma and Kali. Oma and Jill talk, then Kali and Jill talk. Oma never acknowledges Kali, and Kali never acknowledges Oma. And none of them even see me, even when I stick my tongue out and dance around the room.
   "Are you finished?" The older Kali asks, annoyed, her normal face. I nod. "They can't see us, now, come. I have more to show you." I follow her obediently, why? Who knows can tell me.
   I follow her down the narrow, creaky stairs, that open out onto a living room. Time has passed, Kali is older, the weather gloomier. Kali sits next to a young man who appears to be her age, wearing a hat that doesn't quite match his shirt. For a moment, I wonder why the older Kali is showing me this, but I see the look in Kali's eyes. It's bliss, a bliss only love gives. The bliss I had and strive on.

While he speaks, gesturing grandly with his hands, she watches him intently. Her inhuman eyes watching his every movement. But she seems at ease, unlike the wound up Kali at my side. Lips pursed in an ugly frown.

"You were in love." I say. She nods, "I was in love. I was foolish and young, and I let my heart lead." "Love isn't bad, it just sometimes doesn't work." "Maybe I under estimated you, Haile, you are tougher then I thought. No, hush, watch." The tender moment gone, replaced with an command. So I listen and watch as the young Kali asks the boy if he'd like some water. He politely shakes his head and she leaves.
   Kali's eyes harden, hiding the emotion that is there. Either anger or pain. Oma steps into the room, and joins the man on the couch.

"Hello." She says. "Hello." The man says, not paying any attention to her. "Now, look at me. I don't know what you see in Kali, she's cold, I am better." The tone in her voice is odd, not her regular voice. It sounds like it's been coated in sleep syrup, which it has. The man's eyes have glazed over and he's nodding rapidly. "You-are-better-Oma." He says in a cut up sentences. "I know I am." Oma smiles.
   Kali's face mask breaks, and a single tear slips down her cheek. She doesn't wipe it away, leaving a trail of water down her cheek. "I loved him, I gave him my heart. And Oma ruined it, but I didn't know that at first, that it was Oma's fault."
   Young Kali walks in, humming underneath her breath and stops short when she sees her boyfriend kissing Oma. For a moment, the man saw straight pass her till painfully slow the glazed look left his eyes, replaced with regret. "Kal," He starts. "I didn't-" "STOP!" Kali's young voice booms.

"Stop what?" Teases the man. Kali looks hurt, but her anger takes it all away. "I hate you, leave now. You ruined my life, and go before I ruin yours." Kali was restraining herself, and it took all her strength to do so. The man shrugged at Kali before longingly looking at Oma, "See you soon, my love." Oma smiled and waved him out the door.
   I felt pity for Kali, no wonder she acted out. I'm not saying it was okay, but her sister stole her true love and still dated him. That's so wrong on so many levels.

Kali then turned to Oma, her face was red from anger and she spit the words out at her sister's feet. "Oma, you are a horrible person. You are always wondering why no one likes you, why no one trust you. This, is why. You have ruined my life, ever since we were little. Why?"Oma does not answer. As soon as she opens her mouth, she falls.
   "What!?" I cry. The older Kali grasps my arms and pulls me onto the porch, "Now you know." "Kali says sharply. "Kali, I know what Oma did to you was horrible, but what did you just do?" "What did I do," she corrects. "I took her out of time, twenty years. Long enough for the man I could not have to grow old, married with children. So, neither she, nor I could have him."

"That is cruel, is that how you live? With the whole 'Who ruins whose lives' game?" She nods, "If I could't have him, no one could." "That is not fair, Kali. And why did you take my school out of time, and interfere then?"Kali lets out a laugh, a horrific coughing sound. "I was in your life long before that, Haile." "When?" "Your father's death." "How do you know about that?" My voice wavers. "Because," Her voice is sticky sweet. "I caused it, there was a bridge."

Please tell me what you think of the new turn of events and the cliff hanger!

Louise56

Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Kali's Heartbreak
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
Awesome update! The cliffhanger make not want to wait for a update lol.
Don't keep us in suspense too long. ;D

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Kali's Heartbreak
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2012, 08:20:29 AM »
Awesome update! The cliffhanger make not want to wait for a update lol.
Don't keep us in suspense too long. ;D
I promise I won't. I'm eager to write the next log, so it won't be long.