Author Topic: The Crosby Random Town Jump (COMPLETE)  (Read 40018 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Crosby Random Town Jump (COMPLETE)
« on: June 18, 2012, 06:45:26 PM »
I have started a new generational game that I'm calling the "Random Town Jump." This is NOT an approved forum project. I have made up my own rules.  Here they are:

Randomize all of the available EA towns. Any new towns created by EA can be added.

Normal lifespan.

No cheats except as noted unless there are building cheats needed such as Move Objects On or such.

A "start out" money cheat of no more than $5,000 is allowed to have a house roomy enough for a child. No other money cheats are allowed.

Each family (parents, heir and heir's spouse) will move to a new town as soon as the heir becomes a young adult. They will remain in the moved-into house for the entire generation.

The heir will find a spouse before the move.

Heir siblings will not move to the new town so if there are younger children, the move will have to wait until the youngest is grown to adulthood and moved out of the house or until moved in with an older, adult (moved out) sibling.

EDIT: if you will not be moving the family WITH the house, any remaining adult children can stay there.

EDIT 2: Okay, I'm changing this rule to suit my style of play. I just can't leave a child/family member behind. So, the sibling is moving with the family. It makes me too sad for the family (and me).

The family will strive to become rich.

The family may want to move to the new town with their house so that they can keep any items they may have acquired (though they don't have to). Then, they can move to a new (affordable) house.

There is no limit on when a child has to be born, but only a naturally born child of the heir can continue the legacy. You may have as many children as you wish but only the heir can continue the journey. You may choose any child to be the heir.

Infants can be aged up one day early if you want. No other aging up until actual birthday. I'm using a baby naming convention of "Trendy" which I found in a baby book that I have. Any naming theme of children is fine.

I will roll for a random Lifetime Wish for each heir. The heir must achieve his/her lifetime wish. Spouse/others do not, though I will let them try to achieve them. Each heir must choose a unique lifetime wish so if a duplicate is rolled, I will keep rolling until there's one that hasn't been used. I'm making it easier on myself so I'm not requiring that any skills be super maxed. I know myself well enough to be aware that I would probably never finish if I have too many requirements. Haha

Edit: the game ends when the final heir in the final town reaches Young Adult age.

That's it. It should be interesting to see how each town genetics turn out for each generation.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Re: The Crosby Random Town Jump
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »
Here we go...the founding generation:

The first town rolled was Riverview. I chose the poorest couple in town: Odin and Heather Crosby

Odin Crosby:

Heather Crosby:

Does she have Christopher's lips? Maybe not.

I gave them a $3,000 money cheat so they would be able to move into a cheap two bedroom house:

After upgrading appliances, bed and burglar alarm, they are left with $797. It should get them through until their salaries come in.

I changed Heather's job to Business because she really doesn't have the right traits for politics. Odin will keep his 5-Star Chef LTW.

On Wednesday of Week 1 they try for a nooboo. Hmmm...no chimes. Will they have to try again?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:37:51 PM »
Oh, Yes...Heather's definitely pregnant! Witness the wierd clothes.

And here is the first Crosby nooboo. Meet Alexa Crosby

Alexa Loves the Outdoors and is Insane. The Lifetime Wish rolled for her is to Become a Creature Robot Breeder. This could get interesting  :)

A spontaneous fire started at the Broke compound across the street. I heard fire sirens and thought they were at the Crosby house. Whew! I've never seen a fire start by itself on another lot. No one seemed to be home at the Brokes and the fire got put out by the firemen.

Heather purchased the LTRs No Bills Ever and Change Lifetime Wish (to CEO of a Mega Corporation). Lots of points for having a baby!

Odin is actually a pretty good daddy for having the Dislikes Children trait.

Alexa has aged up to a toddler. Isn't she impossibly cute?

I think she looks like Mommy with Daddy's eye color.

Odin is being a good daddy again.

Alexa learned all of her toddler skills with time to spare. Here's one last picture of her with mommy before aging up to a child. (I just can't resist those toddler pictures!)

Next time....Alexa's adventures as a child.

loveSims

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »
The nooboo is too cute. It is strange about the fire lol! I've never seen that happen at a townie's house! :o

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »
Me neither! This is a cool idea!

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
The Crosby Random Town Jump
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »
The fire just about gave me a heart attack...LOL. I didn't know that could happen!

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Alexa's Childhood Adventures
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 09:22:16 AM »
Alexa is a big girl now. She gained the Angler trait to go with Insane and Loves the Outdoors. She should have an interesting life. As will anyone who has to live with her!

Oh, my! That nose! Why is it that children seem to have such big noses?

Alexa got a MultiTab 6000 for her birthday. I've never tried this but maybe it will help her learn her skills faster.

It's Alexa's birthday and she's already gotten into trouble for pulling a whoopee cushion prank! Bad Alexa!

My game is starting to lag already so it could take a long time for the Riverview Crosby family to make it to their next destination...which, by the way, wil be Appaloosa Plains.

The family finally got a car...well, a pickup. And why not get it in bright red? I've never heard of anyone getting a speeding ticket in Riverview!

I only see one boy child in Alexa's school, Edmond Newbie. Could this be her future spouse? He's brave, disciplined and inappropriate.

Wow! Odin really doesn't like children! He went outside and totally destroyed Alexa's sand castle.

Alexa is doing homework after her first day of school...and she's not liking it.

Not much is happening right now. Odin and Heather are working at their jobs and Alexa is going to school. She has an 'A' right now and still has four days until aging up to a teen.

I've never played an insane child before. Gee, can this little girl get into trouble! She's always pulling pranks and being punished. Poor Heather ended up with turquoise hair after taking a shower. I'm really going to have to keep Alexa busy! She's going to be a real handful as a prank pulling teenager!

Next...Alexa's Terrible Teens

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »
Insane sims are always fun to play lol. She will get into trouble as a teen that is for sure. I hope she grows into her nose.  :P

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Alexa's Terrible Teens
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 06:17:29 PM »
Okay, the terrible teens have arrived. She grew into her nose, thank goodness. Here she is in all her craziness.

And the first thing a teen needs to learn is how to drive, right? Just ask any teen!

Both Odin and Heather have aged up to adult and, of course, they both are running around from mirror to mirror and patting their stomachs. Five days of this...ugh!

Alexa works fast! She now has a boyfriend, Edmund Newbie. I didn't get pictures because they were outside in the dark when she asked him. They will also be going to the prom together. I wonder what she will wear. She's running around the house in her formal attire and playing on the water slide in her athletic outfit so it could be anything.

Heather saw Lucky Perkins die so now she will be mourning him for two days, just like he was a family member.

This was just after she achieved her lifetime wish of becoming the CEO of a mega corporation. Now, what shall we do with all of these LTR points? I know...buy stone hearted and inheritance!

Wow! They have over $84,000! I don't think they're going to have to worry about money anymore. Odin is at Level 9 of his career so there will be more points coming. Well, darn. Heather is still mourning Lucky. I guess the stone hearted doesn't work if they're already in mourning.

Oh, oh. Alexa is having a mood swing. I'll have to watch her like a hawk!

A little quality time for Mom and Dad while the wild child is at school.

I sent Alexa to gardening class after she finished her homework to use up some of her mood swing time. Her mood swings are definitely amplified by her insane trait.

Then she had to start a garden to continue increasing her gardening skill.

Now we're just trying to get through Alexa's teen years without joining her in the insane asylum. That girl is quite the character! This could well be one of the most difficult teens I've ever played. There are red splotches all over the house from her pranks. I look away for just a second and she has another prank set. She doesn't even need to be having a mood swing. At least she actually wore her prom dress to the prom. But she also wears it to play on the water slide.

Here's a picture of Edmund Newbie. Not bad looking at all.

Well, we finally made it! Alexa is now a young adult. It took some marathon sim playing to get her through the teen years. Alexa called Edmund over right away for the proposal and a private wedding.

So now, they are all off to Appaloosa Plains to look for a home. With over $98,000, they should be able to find a pretty nice house.

Next: Settling in at Appaloosa Plains.

loveSims

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 06:34:57 PM »
She turned out beautiful! Appaloosa Plains is a favorite of mine. Great update. :)

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »
Thank you, loveSims. I like Appaloosa Plains too. I'm playing so far ahead I decided to add another update today. Yay! No lag in AP so I'm enjoying it a lot more!

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Appaloosa Plains
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 10:51:20 AM »
The Crosby family has found a home in Appaloosa Plains. The house looks pretty nice. It's not the most expensive one there but it is mighty fine. It has three bedrooms, enough for the two couples and a nooboo.

After buying this house, they only have $4,896 left in funds. It's a good thing Heather has the No Bills Ever Lifetime Happiness Reward.

Alexa went to the Science Lab right away to get a job. Her Lifetime Wish is to Become a Creature Robot Breeder. Her traits are: Loves the Outdoors, Insane, Green Thumb, Angler and Handy. Here's Alexa as a young adult:

And, Edmund is heading to the Stadium for an athletics class. Yes, his last trait turned out to be athletic, which couldn't have turned out better. So, as a reminder, Edmund's traits are family oriented, brave, inappropriate, disciplined, and athletic. His lifetime wish is Swimming in Cash, which he already had when they got married. Here's Edmund Newbie Crosby:

It's time for Alexa to get her new garden started and build up her gardening skill. She's doing good at level 4 in fishing but is only at level 2 in gardening.

Oh,wait! I just looked at her gardening skill level again and she's at level 5. I think it was the podcast. Wow! It really works!

The first full day in Appaloosa Plains found the family all heading off to work. Except for Odin. Since he has reached the top of his career, he only works on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Odin and Heather only have a few days until they become elders.

The Crosby family is spending the first week settling into their new home and making friends with new co-workers. But...come Saturday, Alexa and Edmund will try for the next generation. Hopefully, he/she won't be insane!

Odin and Heather are now elders. I will let them retire and enjoy themselves. After all, they worked very hard to get the family to Appaloosa Plains.

Odin Crosby:

Heather Crosby:

Edmund and Alexa finally graduated from high school after being in Appaloosa Plains for four days. Better late than never, I guess.

And, since they didn't have to go to work they had a little private time. Which resulted in this:

Nooboo on the way!

Next: The Appaloosa Plains Generation

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 11:07:05 AM »
What a great challenge! Alexa's gorgeous, I can't wait to see what genes each generation gets. Plus, this looks like something my laptop could actually handle, so I might have to give it a shot myself sometime.  :)

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 11:22:31 AM »
Thank you Ausette. I'm really enjoying this one! I can tell because I'm playing WAY ahead of my posts ;)

loveSims

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 12:00:17 PM »
Alexa have beautiful eyes. Can't wait for the nooboo! Great update. :)