Author Topic: Teen sim sneaking everywhere  (Read 47231 times)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
Teen sim sneaking everywhere
« on: June 25, 2012, 11:58:50 AM »
So I have a teen Sim, who, as per the post title, won't stop 'sneaking' places. It started when she was late for school, got a scolding from her grandmother, and was grounded. She went out to school anyway, doing the 'sneaking' animation, got another scolding when she returned, and then her granny (who is pretty soft-hearted) helped her with her homework, and let her off the hook. The 'grounded' and 'in trouble' moodlets went away, but she continued sneaking everywhere, and hasn't stopped. I've used 'resetsim' a couple of times, and was thinking about ageing her up with a birthday cake, to see if that makes a difference - I don't particularly want to try this yet though.

Has anyone else come across this particular glitch, and were they able to sort it out?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Teen sim sneaking everywhere
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
I am going to move this to miscellaneous help as you will probably get more responses there.

In my experience I could not stop my Sim from sneaking she was sneaking even as an elder it was really irritating at first but then I just ignored it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 12:42:12 PM »
Thanks - I suppose I could always use the back-up file and do it over, but that is annoying and a waste of time... I'd really rather she not sneak, as it's not only visually jarring (although occasionally v sweet, when she gets up at 5am, as if she's trying to to wake her granny up), but also totally at odds with ehr character - and I'm trying to write a story, so need screenshots :/

loveSims

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 07:40:39 AM »
Whenever my teen sims get grounded, I always let a adult 'let them off the hook' Then you can avoid the sneaking entirely.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »
It does not go away either.  Mine did the sneaking thing, even after they were elder, lol.  Looked really weird.   Would be kind of nice if they fixed that. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 07:07:34 AM »
As far as I know, the only way that you can fix this is by using a mod, because resetsim cheat does not help. See: My sims are constantly running everywhere, or are stuck in sneak mod.

Offline koda733

• The Wandering Noob
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 03:33:40 AM »
Wait...are your Sim parents in the Criminal career?

Because if that's the case, I think there's a hidden trait that parents pass down to their nooboos. When they grow up, they sneak around.

But I really don't know about this...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:37:33 AM »
With the hidden trait, they don't sneak the whole time. There is a option to click 'sneak here'

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 07:16:42 AM »
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! It was indeed a glitch (rather than  a hidden trait, or not having been properly forgiven), so it gave me the final nudge to installing mods - I have to say, I'm glad I did, Overwatch cleaned 60 cars from my game in the first night, and it's running a lot more smoothly - and of course, my Sim is no longer late for school on account of sneaking to the bus instead of running.

There must be quite a few of these common glitches, easily fixable by mods - you have to wonder, if they're so simply fixed, why EA isn't doing it themselves (clearing up the town at night, small bugs etc). I mean, I'm incredibly grateful to Twallan and the other modders for spending their time to make all our games better, but honestly, my inclination would be to not mod if all else was equal - it's sheer laziness on my side here, I have to admit, I'd prefer to spend time simming that updating mods after patches etc. Anyway. Grumble over, and I'd like to reiterate my thanks to both the people on this thread, and to Twallan for the mods (seriously, those mods are great, they've made my game run so much better - can't recommend highly enough).

chelshoran

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 01:34:58 AM »
The only thing i could reccommend is deleting the family and going to the sim people library and starting again otherwise you might just have to age her up or you could get her pregnant and she might straighten out thats all i would do. Sorry if it doesnt work

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 04:10:46 AM »
Thanks chelshoran, but I sorted it with a mod - didn't want to delete her afer all the time I put into the game :)

Offline theCayleigh

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »
There is actually a really simple solution to this, because it happened to me and after researching a little bit, I found it. You can either move the sims out of the house and then move them back in, or send them to boarding school momentarily and then bring them back. It works.

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »
Thanks theCayleigh - that's a useful tip for when you don't want to use or install mods  :)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 12:44:21 PM »
There is actually a really simple solution to this, because it happened to me and after researching a little bit, I found it. You can either move the sims out of the house and then move them back in, or send them to boarding school momentarily and then bring them back. It works.

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much Cayleigh. This has been bugging me for two days before I finally decided to check the forum. I was searching the forum and found this thread (as well as another I will be thanking afterwards). My Sim was driving me crazy doing that. Not to mention he's being a really really bad teen. I can't get him out of the red and he's failing school. I forgot all about boarding school.

I hope it helps his moods too!

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
My Sim won't stop sneaking!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 01:26:14 PM »
I wouldn't usually make such a big deal about something like this but since it's my Immortal Dynasty...

My second generation of  my Immortal Dynasty won't stop sneaking. She's not a Private Investigator or anything like that. I think it's because she was grounded when she aged up. I thought it would wear off but it hasn't!

It's not really a huge deal but its rather annoying because it takes her longer to walk to places and that makes things hard when she's collecting or whatever.

Got any suggestions?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock