Twinmum, Joria, & Gogowars329 (FIND) - Garden Cottage
5 (20.8%)
Lilygirl & ladybug53 - CHRIS Cottage
3 (12.5%)
Ricalynn, Decima, & Schipperke - Garden Cottage by SPITSORE
10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: September 02, 2012, 02:39:50 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2012-Long, July-Aug: Mr. Most Desirable ... Agent?  (Read 15204 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Building Contest 2012-Long, July-Aug: Mr. Most Desirable ... Agent?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 11:24:07 AM »
Sorry for the late answers. I don't know about Tom but for myself I have a 5 month old and computer time is very rare. For the house exterior, go ahead and change the fences/deck but no changes to the actual house - walls, doors, windows, recolours, roofs, etc.

I'll try and get on more often guys. I'm sorry.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 12:16:01 PM »
Thanks for the clarification lilygirl.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »
I know everyone is getting a little antsy but please remember that two people are in charge of building contests so they need to communicate between each other for answers.  Thomas is still in school I think and Lilygirl has a very young daughter.  As someone who watches a 6 month old, I assure you all sometimes being at the computer is a luxury.   I'm sure they are working in an answer and just need a little bit more time.  Also remember this contest lasts longer than the others that are going on so they may feel they have some time to answer versus questions on other contests which only last two weeks.

I am still in School and only have two and a half days left. Believe it or not but I got homework today. Since this is mainly Lilygirl's contest idea I prefer to leave clarification on this sort of thing up to her, if it was something more on how the contests run or work then I would make as quick a decision as I could, depending on how big the issue is.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 12:41:38 PM »
Our team name is going to be: Federal Immortal Spouse Headquarters (FISH).
Cynthia

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »
Hehe like it.  ;D

Ours is Steel's Private Investigation Team - Stamping out Rottenness Everywhere (SPITSORE)  ;D

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 05:12:06 PM »
So is the spending cap 100,000 or is it 100,000 plus the original price of 33,338 for a total of 133,338?
Cynthia

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »
So is the spending cap 100,000 or is it 100,000 plus the original price of 33,338 for a total of 133,338?

It's the latter: add 100,000 to the original price for a total of 133,338 as your maximum value.

Sorry CynKuy, somehow I've totally missed this over the past week.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 11:37:47 PM »
REMINDER: This contest closes at 11:59pm on Tuesday, Aug 28!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 07:36:40 PM »
Building Contest 2012-Long, July-Aug: Mr. Most Desirable ... Agent?

Name:  FISH - Federal Immortal Spouse Headquarters.
By:  CynKuy and Samoth04

Lot Size: 30 X 40
Furnished: 124362
Unfurnished: 52252
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom

Content: Base, Ambitions, World Adventures, Pets, Generations, Late Night,
Fast Lane

Description:

Garden Cottage is a peaceful home, a beautiful natural garden framing a perfect little cottage. The famous Christopher Steel makes his home in this standard cottage.  It is thought that Christopher's employment in the FISH industry keeps him inside his house a lot, although not much activity can be seen through the windows... (Built by CynKuy and Samoht04)

Click images to enlarge:

Front view of the house, note the quiet elegance of his home and car.  Don't want the neighbors to wonder where he gets his money from.

Side and Back Overview.

The pond, where he spends most of his afternoons.

Living room and hall, again nothing too flashy.

I'm showing the far shot of the tomb to pique your interest, in hopes that you will download the house and try out the tomb.
Far shot of Tomb and Detail of Tomb Entrance (Hint: It's upside down).

Overview of Lair and Inner Recess of Lair.

If you download and try it out I think you'll be surprised.

Link to download:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,12094.0.html
Cynthia

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 02:59:30 AM »
Building Contest Long, July-August
Mr. Most Desirable ... Agent?

Team FIND (Founding Impressive New Dynasties)
Team Members: Twinmum, Joria and Gogowars329 or Agent 42, Agent 99 and Agent 329

Name: Garden Cottage 2 br 1 ba, or is it?
Lot Size: 30 x 40
Price Unfurnished: $69,882
Price Furnished: $128,521
2 bedrooms 1 (or is it more) bathrooms
EP and SPs: World Adventures, (Tomb room objects, Plants, Decor) High End Loft, (Couches, Plant) Ambitions, (Counters, Plants, Decor) Fast Lane, (Decor) Late Night, (Plant, TV Couches, Chairs, Bookshelf, Elevator) Outdoor Living, (Decor) Generations, (Decor) Master Suite, (Plants, Curtains) Showtime, (Plants, Table)

Every one stops to ask themselves, how has Chris Steel become so popular? He’s Mr Most Desirable for any Sunset Valley girl. Even the men get a bit swooned. But does anyone wonder why he moves in with others within a day? It’s because it’s all part of being one of the top agents of FIND. He founds more dynasties than the average player can even read but what happens to his house once he leaves? It gets spruced up and turned into one of the four Sunset Valley FIND strongholds, of course.  What hidden treasures lie beneath Level B1 and will anyone ever head down there and return?

Download Link
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
Team C.H.R.I.S. - Lilygirl and ladybug53

House: CHRIS Cottage
Bedrooms: 1 +Den
Bathrooms: 1
Furnished Price: $121,183
Lot Size: 30x40
Items: WA, Amb, LN, Generations, Pets, Showtime. No SPs and no Store Content.

Christopher Steel is new to Sunset Valley, but not actually by choice. He is here on a special assignment to set up the Canadian Headquarters for Reclusive Investigation Service, but without alerting the public on the HQ's location. In an effort to camouflage the extensive construction work happening underground, Chris hires an army of landscapers to turn his lot into the ultimate retreat for an outdoor-loving fisherman, since that's what he tells all his neighbours is how he spends his free-time. The pond is well-stocked with exotic fish, there is a hot tub to soak away the ache in his shoulders from "fishing" all day, and a large garden for growing all the best organic fish bait any dedicated fisherman could ever use. The abundant flower beds perfectly highlight the Victorian architecture of his little blue house.

Renovation of the interior if his house provides the excuse for the large number of burly construction people walking around, the loads of lumber arriving almost daily, and the vast array of construction tools dotting the back yard. It is now a lovely reflection of the exterior Victorian architecture and includes all the modern amenities any single, working man needs.

The garden shed looks like any ordinary garden shed but it pays host to the hints of another life, the life of secrecy and questioning that makes up Chris' real life. Chris manages to scrounge through garbage cans at night to collect enough items to represent a childhood and life filled with hobbies. These items are arranged inside the garden shed in an attempt to make them look well-loved and, well, his. The sink is there so he can wash up after a long day of gardening, and to rinse off any fish he catches.

What about the tomb?, you say. Well, if we told you about that we'd have to, well, you know.  ;)  Feel free to come on over and try it for yourself. We dare you!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 04:28:43 PM »
Garden Cottage by SPITSORE
(Steel's Private Investigation Team - Stamping Out Rottenness Everywhere)

Lot Type: Residential, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bath
Lot Size: 30 x 40
Special Features:  Office, Workout Room, Fishing Shed, Stocked Fishing Pond, Extra Security, Extensive Garden, Hostile Containment Unit, Giant TV with direct Satellite Feed.
Cost when placed on 373 Skyborough Blvd: §128,830
EPs/SPs Used: World Adventures, Generations, Showtime, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Ambitions, High End Loft Stuff
Interior Designs by Schipperke,  Landscaping & Fishing Shed by Decima, Underground Secrets by Ricalynn

On Skyborough Boulevard, there are ordinary people living ordinary lives -- or are they?

One house on this street has recently undergone some changes.   The resident, a quiet man who enjoys fishing & cooking, has workers going to and fro as they build up around his home.  First a new fence, then a pond, then the shed.  Is he really just sprucing up his property or are there dark secrets hiding behind that thin-lipped smile?

Maybe it's just his secret love of the color lime but some of his neighbors have noticed there was something off about Mr. Christopher Steel.  His faint mumblings about dynasties.  Dark shadows sometimes moving about his property.  And why does he spend so much time in that new fishing shed? Why is there a gun chest and what could he possibly be doing in there?

Download available here [X]
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 11:59:17 AM »
All entries are in! I will be putting up the poll as soon as I get back from my Baby Class at the library this morning. It is highly recommended that you download these lots and try the tombs out before voting, but of course it's not necessary - just a lot more fun! :D

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 02:49:44 PM »
Building Contests 2012-Long, July-August: Mr. Most Desirable … Agent? 

Your Task:
In Sunset Valley lives a man well-known to the members of Carl and Pam’s Sims 3 Forum: Mr. Most Desirable Dynasty Spouse, AKA Christopher Steel. New to town, Chris must settle in and become a positive citizen, friend, and neighbor, all without giving up his biggest secret! To curious passers-by, Chris explains the major landscaping remodel and interior renovation as a chance to create a pond for fishing and showcase the small blue Victorian, but it’s all a cover for the intricate secret basement being built as his home office and meeting place for his secret agent co-workers.

Your task, as a team, is to (1) landscape Chris’ home lot without changing the exterior of the house in any way, and (2) create a basement office and meeting space with a hidden access staircase outside the house (can’t have secret agents coming to the front door at all hours of the day and night!) – how you hide the staircase is up to you. You may also renovate the interior of Chris’ house if you want to. You may designate tasks between team members as you see fit just remember those that don’t have WA will need to complete their tasks first so that WA buydebug tomb pieces can be used, if desired, without being replaced.

Specifications:
  • Minimum Number of Bed Spaces: 2 (evict Chris and build from Edit Town)
  • Budget: add up to $100,000 to the lot value
  • Lot Size: work on Chris’ original lot
  • Other: Landscaping – pond, hidden access to the basement. Basement – home office space, meeting room, bathroom.

Optional Specifications:
  • Use WA tomb markers to create a “tomb” for down-loaders to explore.
  • Renovation of the house interior.

Your Current Entries: - Listed by Date of Entry and Approval

CynKuy & samoht04 - FISH
Twinmum, Joria, & Gogowars329 (FIND) - Garden Cottage
Lilygirl & ladybug53 - CHRIS Cottage
Ricalynn, Decima, & Schipperke - Garden Cottage by SPITSORE

The poll is up!

Remember, please don't mention anywhere on the forum which entry you voted for; this is to keep things fair.

EDIT: In case you notice, I've cleaned up this thread removing the extra posts.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 12:10:13 PM »
Building Contest 2012-Long, July-August: Mr. Most Desirable … Agent? - July 4, 2012 - August 28, 2012
    Team SPITSORE - Decima, Ricalynn and Schipperke!

Congratulations Team SPITSORE! Steel's Private Investigation Team will definitely be great at Stamping Out Rottenness Everywhere from the base in this great entry! You can see SPITSORE's Entry here and download it here.

Team SPITSORE's Comment:

"Decima: First off we'd like to thank everyone who voted for us!  I was in charge of landscaping and the fishing hut and I bossed the other two around a little bit  .   ;D
Schipperke: I never thought you were bossy!
Rica: It was more like you just made sure we got everything done. 
Decima: Well our personalities all worked well with each others. I think it was the fact that we all get along so well that made all the difference, I couldn't have chosen better team mates.
Schipperke: To be honest, I never expected to win a building contest and I think the only reason I did was being partnered with these two.  I had the easiest part which was the inside and didn't seem like an important part of the renovation.
Rica: Which is nonsense because she was the one who made sure Chris's touch was all over the inside of the house.  She also gave me the idea for how to write up the entry post.   Not to mention she came up with half of our name while Decima did the other half.  I just put glue between SPIT & SORE to make it SPITSORE.
Decima: I had the least expansions so I got to go first and then pass the baton.  Rica was last with the tomb.
Rica: Which was frightening as I had to learn how to do it and hope I did it right without embarrassing my teammates.   I was constantly sending them messages with pictures and asking what they thought.   Even though I filled out the basement, without these two it probably wouldn't have been so detailed.
Decima: You didn't embarrass anyone! I like how we all chipped in with ideas and helped each other out.
Schipperke: We shared everything, even the cold germs.  ::) "

The Thread is open for comments now!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]