Author Topic: A Not-So-Goth Life: Chapter 3  (Read 1372 times)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
A Not-So-Goth Life: Chapter 3
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:45:48 PM »
A Not-So-Goth Life
Chapter 1:When The Dark Disappears
[/size]

Ahhh, Sunset Valley. The home of my youth. Serene, simple, and sunny.
Unless you live here.

Goth Manor. The home of the Goth family, who has lived here since Sunset Valley was just a field without civilization. Not the loveliest place. Maybe not so bad from the outside, but the inside...well, I'd know all about that.

I'm Cornelia Goth. The wife of Gunther Goth, oldest Crumplebottom daughter, and mother to Mortimor Goth. But my story isn't that simple. Nobody's is.

I live in a graveyard pretty much, surrounded by the ghosts of loved ones. This here is my mother's grave.

I have a loveless marriage. Gunther and I never get along, sometimes he lashes out at me for no reason! He's not nice to Mortimor either, that's why I sent him to Prep School. The next time he sees his horrible father, he'll probably just be dropping by for any extra belongings he left. He'll have the whole Goth fortune to get out of this manor. Only because Gunther never wanted a second child.

One day, I just had to get out. I called over my sister Agnes in the middle of the night, and told her my troubles.

And then, I told her my plan. I would escape, but I'd need help considering I can't just take all of Gunther's money with me. I figured Agnes would be the perfect partner, she was widow with a sad life but enough money and skills to get us somewhere.

The thing was, we had to leave right now while the city slept. It was a 3 step plan if, done right, would let us leave Sunset Valley without a trace.
So we drove away in her car to her house, and before leaving we gave ourselves makeovers. We had to be unrecognizable, I kept telling myself as I pulled out the bottle of bleach.

Agnes was very determined to make this work, she even got a tattoo on her ankle.

We ran all the way out of Sunset Valley. We would go through Riverview to sell Agnes's car, we already knew a very wealthy family there who would be willing to give us more than enough simoleans for it. While there, we would change our names. Then, as Summer and Autumn Smith, we would go to a very distant place where Autumn could write and I could garden. We would be okay. I figure we'll reach Appaloosa Plains around dawn, when the dark disappears.

loveSims

Re: A Not-So-Goth Life: Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »
This is great! I love it ;D
They both look awesome after the makeovers!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
A Not-So-Goth Life: Chapter 1
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 07:25:30 PM »
Wonderful! I'll be reading!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 09:43:39 PM »
What an interesting start.  Good luck with your story, TallStar.  Also, would you mind formatting it so that the text lines up on the left?  The center alignment makes it a little harder to read.  Thanks.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 10:00:44 PM »
No problem Pam I'll get right on it.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 11:21:40 PM »
This is great so far! I can't wait to see what happens next.  :D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 12:06:29 AM »
No problem Pam I'll get right on it.

Ah!  I'm sorry if I seem picky, but maybe you could put some spaces between the pictures and the text, and make the text just slightly bigger.  No larger than 12pt.  Take a look at my Townie DecaDynasty (link in my signature below) to see how spacing and larger font looks.  We don't want a lot of stuff cluttering things up, but it's ok to tweak it a little.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 08:51:39 AM »
Great start! Interesting concept, the Goths seem to be a really popular family right now. :D Can't wait to see what happens!

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: A Not-So-Goth Life: Chapter 2
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »
Thanks for reading everybody. And without further ado...
A Not-So-Goth Life
Chapter 2: Light After Dark

Autumn and I immediately decided on one thing once arriving in Appaloosa- we wanted the big families we could never have before. So with that in mind we bought a house big enough for lots of children and good memories.

On the first day Autumn went to meet some neighbors and I got a job as a local stylist. I wanted to help change people's lives, though maybe not very drastically.

After signing the papers and picking up my portfolio, I felt very proud of myself. I went home, but when I walked through the door there were these 2 kids running around like they lived here! And some grown man! I asked one of the children what they thought they were doing in my lovely house.

*imagine a county accent* "Well ma'm," he said, "We live here now too. That other blonde lady, she said we could stay long as we like, no charge no hassle."

Seeking out the 'other blonde lady', aka Autumn, I asked her what she thought she was doing inviting 3 strange people and their dog to live with us.

"Summer, they're orphans! Really young too. And we have more than enough space and money. I thought until they grew up a little we could help take care of them. "

Now I know my sister better than anybody else and knew that, being the hopeless romantic she is, she probably liked Calvin. But I didn't question her on it.

*switch to Autumn's P.O.V*
I know my sister only means well, but she should've seen the state those kids were in when I met them. It was sad! And so what if Calvin and I had a few feelings for each other...

..New life, new me! I haven't loved since I lost Erik, and there's no better time than the present.

Well, this was a little unexpected the next morning. I barely knew him!

I could never say no. He could give me everything I wanted, kids and happiness and something to write a novel about if I found time.
Now I just have to explain this to Summer.

A: "So..umm.. Calvin. We like each other a lot.

A: "And we're engaged."

A: "And we want to get married..umm.."

S: "When?"
A: "Ummm...."

A: "Today."
Well it could have gone worse I suppose.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 12:44:32 AM »
That last screenshot is priceless! Great update.  :D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Krrank

• Neurotic Gamer
  • Llama Wrangler
  • like a pitbull on a pant leg, I can't let go...
    • How to CAW - The easy way
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 04:58:40 AM »
This is quite entertaining. I only wish Mortimer was in it too. Well at least he will have Bella to give him comfort when he comes back from prep school.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 03:07:32 PM »
This is quite entertaining. I only wish Mortimer was in it too. Well at least he will have Bella to give him comfort when he comes back from prep school.
Mortimer might not be gone for good, I've been working on a more solid storyline.
Yeah, sorry I haven't been updating I just got back from vacation late last night. I'll get the next chapter up soon, I have a lot to catch up on.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »
A Not-So-Goth Life
Chapter 3: Bright Beacon

*Autumn's POV*
Calvin and I wanted a big, country wedding with lots of people to see us tie the knot. Oddly, it wasn't very hard to plan in just a few hours.

Here's me in my wedding outfit. Yes the party is in the barn.

Here's Calvin, looking casual yet classy.

When it was time to exchange vows, everyone got really emotional.

My name is now Autumn Riffin. I'm not going to tell anyone but you, but I like it so much more than Agnes Crumplebottom.

I think the town approves of us.

Then Calvin and I did a bit of karaoke to finish the party.

This had to be one of the happiest nights of my life.
I got so excited I even had tummy troubles later on. Wonder what that could be?

anything