Author Topic: The Light Legacy: All that glitters is not gold(But there is some gold.)  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
Ok, I started this because I mainly need to learn how to upload images to the gallery.  This might or might not be continued.  Depending on how smart I am with uploading pictures. The actual chapter will probably come in the next hour or so with pictures and the writing, because I already have the chapter ready to write, if I can figure out how to upload the pictures correctly.  So, wish me luck, or not.  This won't be official and I will be trying not to cheat, but it is hard for me, and I will probably end up cheating.  I'm so excited!
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Light Legacy
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »
I'm glad it's working now.  It would be a good idea to modify your first post and remove all those edits since they aren't needed now.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
Re: The Light Legacy
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 07:08:40 PM »
Whew!  I think that I finally have it!  I'm not good with the pictures, so that's why it took so long just to get the first chapter in.
Chapter 1  Morning learns how much of a control freak her creator is
Morning: Hi!  I am going to do something hard.. the hardest thing in sim history and...
Coocoo: Hey!  Get your facts straight!  you're talking about a dynasty, not a legacy.
Morning: Ok, I'll stop talking about that and talk a little about my creator.  She said I had to wear this dress, to get guys, I call it skimpy, she calls it the guy getter.  But she said I could pick my wedding dress if I wore this, so... I did.
Coocoo: Quit backtalking and lets get to what your going to do with that 8308 wad of cash in your pocket!
Morning: Ok... so, whats on the build list?
Coocoo:This.
Morning...
Coocoo:What?  Don't you like it?
Morning: Well, it's just, the bathroom...
Coocoo: Well, spit it out!
Morning: Nothing...
Coocoo: Exactly!  Nothing!  You remembered what I can do to your save file.
Morning: Yes, but...you, you would always pull me back out of the sim bin, right?
Coocoo: Nope.
Morning: Awww, oh well, now what do we do?
Coocoo:  Now we find the lucky father of generation 2.
Morning: Why do you get to choose?
Coocoo:  Because I came up with this whole idea now get in that taxi.
Morning: Fine.
Morning: So this is the place huh?
Coocoo: Yes, and you are going to trick him into marrying you in hopes that you will gain wealth and money.
Morning: Huh?  But, but, I can't do that,you gave me the good trait remeber?
coocoo: To bad.
Coocoo:You see that guy over there? Thats who we're aiming for.
Morning: Now that I think about it, he does look kind of nice...
Coocoo: Exactly.
Morning:  But I'm worried, what if he hates the outdoors and finds out that I love them?
Coocoo: Who cares?  Just smile and salute.
Morning: Ok... But I'm still not to sure about this.
Coocoo: Good, now pucker up and get smooching.
Morning: Woah! Don't you think we should talk for a while first?
Coocoo: Fine, go ahead and be subtle, but don't come running to me when you don't have a spouse 3 days before you age up into an elder.Actually, do come running to me, I'll need to delete your save file in that case.
Morning: Trust me, this will work.
Morning: So, Benjamin, I like to watch empty stages do you like to watch empty stages?
Benjamin: Oh my goodness I love empty stages!  You're amazing!
Coocoo:  You've got to be kidding me Benjamin!  Play a little hard to get!
Morning:  Don't encourage him.
Coocoo: So, what did you find out about him for me?
Morning: I found out that he is super friendly and is going to be my coworker in my journy to become CEO of a mega corporation.
Coocoo: Good work, you can rest now.
Morning: It's because you want to check out the forum gallery you just registered into isn't it?
Coocoo:  How did you know that?
Morning:  I have my sources.
Coocoo: Well, either way your right.
Morning:  Bye.
Coocoo:Bye.

The Coocoo Files:  Sorry for any bad screenshots, but it's my first time doing a legacy story, also, if the pictures don't come up, the last linese were actually true, I am new to this, If the don't show up it is likely that once I am absolutely 100% sure of how to do this that they will be corrected.
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Your pictures are fine! Great start, Morning is so pretty. :)

loveSims

Morning is very pretty, she has a such a  unique face. Sometimes sims look kind of alike, but Morning is one of a kind, I love her. ;)
Great start!

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
Morning is very pretty, she has a such a  unique face. Sometimes sims look kind of alike, but Morning is one of a kind, I love her. ;)
Great start!
Thanks!  The funny thing is when I was making her in create a sim I was trying to make her a little on the side of ugly.  But, she turned out with huge eyes and a smiling mouth. :D  That's actually what I was going for, a smiling mouth.  She has the good trait.  Also, to me it seems that all the premade mouths in create a sim are  frowning, so naturally, I set the curve and mouth corner rotation sliders all the way up.  The other funny thing is that this is the product of me learning to use the gallery.  I should learn to use the gallery more often! ::) Haha.
Coocoos current story:

shadowdodo23

Nice story.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
Chapter 2 Dogifulties (Sorry, couldn't resist the name)
Coocoo: Ok, you've talked enough, now do you want to join the business career and be able to talk to him every day or not?
Morning: Aww, but now I want to get to the smooching.
Coocoo: You should have thought about that earlier.  So say bye and lets go. We can get to that later.
Morning:  Bye Benjamin!  I Can't wait to kiss you!
Benjamin: Uhh.
Coocoo: Morning, just get in the taxi.
Morning: Ok. But you'll regret this coocoo.
Coocoo: No I won't, now just go in the taxi
Coocoo: This is joining the Business career not having a wedding right?
Morning: I know that.
Coocoo: Then why do you have the wedding look on your face?
Morning: Because I do.
Coocoo: Well stop, actually, wait for me to take a sceenshot, then stop.

Coocoo: I like that look on your face, how did it go?
Morning: It went great!  I got a job as a coffie courier and Benjamin is my boss!

Coocoo: Nice once you get married you'll practically have an instant promotion any time you want.
Morning: Is it really right to marry him just for his looks and job?
In the real world, no, but this is sims, and your marrying him for his looks, job, and money, so that makes it ok.
Morning: I still don't like this. Coocoo, come on, having a good relationship with your boss never hurts.  Speaking of your boss, lets go flirt with him and hopefully get you married.
Morning. No, I'm going to ask him if he's single first.

Morning: Hey are you single? Good, lets get married now.
Coocoo: What happened to "subtle:
Morning: It's on vacation.
Coocoo: Oh, well you think you know a sim after half a sim day.  Either way, get flirting.
Morning: Ok.

Morning: I just looove stars, are you a star?  Yeah, I thought so.
Coocoo: So do you want to give him anything?
Morning: How about 40$ flowers?
Coocoo: I changed my mind, don't give him anything.

Coocoo: Asking a guy to stay at his house when your not even friends yet is a bad idea Morning.
Morning: Really? I'll stop flirting with him then.
Coocoo: No! Wait! It is actually a really great thing! Keep flirting. Oh, but apologize first.
Morning Yay! But can I brighten his day instead?
Coocoo: Fine, have it your way.

Morning: That has got to be the worst close up of a sim ever deliberatly taken.
Coocoo: What? Before you can be played in a legacy, you need to be checked for gigantic ears syndrome.
Morning: (Sigh) Do I have it?
Coocoo: No.
Morning: Then why did you take a screenshot of it?
Coocoo: Because I need at least one huge blooper screenshot in this chapter

Morning: Can we just invite only Benjamin over to our lot next time?
Coocoo: Scared of the dog?
Morning; No! Well, kind of, um, YES!
(This is where you would be seeing Morning run away from the dog at what seems like lightspeed if the dog hadn't mysteriously deleted the screenshot before I could post it)
Coocoo: Coward.
Morning Sure, can I just get back to flirting?
Coocoo: Sure
Morning: (Runs away from dog again)
Coocoo: This will turn out being very interesting.
Morning: Can you just go do your chapter?
Coocoo: Fine.

The Coocoo Comment, as anybody would know, it wasn't actually the dogs fault that the screenshot isn't there, it's my fault because I thought I had taken it... apparantly I hadn't.  But It really happened!  Sorry, I couldn't resist posting another chapter even though it's been only one or two days!  Maybe this makes up for the delay in me posting my first chapter?
Coocoos current story:

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
Re: The Light Legacy: Dogifulties
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 10:51:38 PM »
Chapter 3: The dreaded first filler update.
Coocoo: Are you hungry?
Morning: Yes, but, how do I get food? I don't even have 30 simoleons.
Coocoo: You go to the firestation of course!
Morning: Oh, of course, I steal the firefighters food.
Coocoo: Yep.

Coocoo: What are you looking at?
Morning:I'm looking to see if anybody's watching me.
Coocoo:Nobody's watching you, and besides, you look kind of happy to be eating.
Jelly: Well Im not happy.
Coocoo: Morning, that's a good imitation of Jelly:
Morning: Yessss, imitation of Jelly.

Coocoo: Ahh, that look in your eyes, waiting with anticipation for the Jelly.
Morning: What kind of nonsense is that?
Coocoo: It's my nonsense.

Morning: Ahh! I can't go to the bathroom!
My life is over!
Coocoo: Your life isn't over, just go in the bathroom that hasmost of the toilet seats down, not up.
Morning: Ok, but I'm not sure this is going to work.
Coocoo: Trust me, it'll work.

Morning: Well I'm just baffled!  It worked!
Coocoo: That's just a little bit of Coocoo sim magic(to a sim at least)  Now go to sleep.
Morning:  But I want to talk to benjamin!
Coocoo: Trust me, I would use cheats and put your sleep bar up that way you can go visit him, but it's to late to visit anyone, and I'm also trying not to cheat.
Morning: Fine.  Have it your way.  But I'll...Zzzzzz.
Coocoo: Hehe, it's my way or the simway when it comes to controling my sims!

Coocoo comment:  Yes, you waited all that time for a filler update, don't worry, the next chapter will, hopefully be more interesting, as in, no a filler update, wow, I need to stop taking three chapters to get through a sim day!  Don't worry, I promise that the next will be more interesting.
Coocoos current story:

loveSims

Re: The Light Legacy: The Dreaded First filler update!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 02:09:12 PM »
I love her facial expressions lol! Great update. ;D

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 06:35:48 AM »
Chapter 4:  A proposal and a wedding.
Morning: I cant's believe it!  Coocoo is letting me do my own chapter!  Without her interrupting my thoughts! So... I don't know how to start this so I'm just going to tell you the traits that Coocoo hasn't been telling you.  She calls it "hinting". So, here it goes.  I can't stand art because as I was being created in creat a sim me and Coocoo had an argument over me not wanting to be artistic.  I'm a complete coward and at first I was scared because I thought this was going to be a dynasty.  I'm good and I love the outdoors, I'm also an angler.  That's why I dreamed of fishes before I woke up.

I didn't show you the fishes I was dreaming of, but above you can see me doing one of my favorite hobbys, floating in mid air without walls.
I was kind of mad that day because I had gotten a bad nights sleep.  Coocoo calls it a "negative moodlet"  What kind of nonsense is that?  What does she think I am?  A simulation?  I'm a sim for crying out loud!  Either way, it was time to put a grin on my face and bear not having my energy bar full.

Besides, it's my first day of work!  I should be hapy! 

Now, you arn't going to believe this, but the carpool arrived before I could have bread and jam!  The nerve!  Bread and jam is the next best thing to peanut butter and Jelly!  I'm so mad that I refuse to look at the camera until I get my bread and jam!

Well, I came back from work stressed, and my performance meter hadn't even raised above half, but I got my jam!  That shows them.

Benjamin wasn't home yet, so I went fishing at the beach.  I do love fishing!

I soon found out that Benjamin was home so I invited him to come to the beach.  I hoped he wouldn't bring his dog, I hate that dog!
Things didn't go quite right, so I had to apologize and end the date.

It was all ok with him apparently.  but then a few days later, this happened!

And then, in what seemed like moments later, but what was actually days, this happened!

We were married at his house the following day, we were going to be married in front of the glass bathroom at my, um, pile of stuff, but he didn't want to come over, so I just came to him!

Coocoo Comment: I hereby proclaim the above picture to be the official 1st generation wedding face!  Another thing is, Gahhhh!  Story progression can be so annoying sometimes!  He was made a vampire right before the wedding day! >:(  Luckily though, this isn't official, and I'm using cheats, so once he moves in, I'll just cheat for only3,000 simoleons and turn him into a normal sim again,  I'm trying to keep the cheats down to a minimum.
Coocoos current story:

loveSims

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 12:54:16 PM »
I thought he look a little pale in the last picture :P
Congrats on the wedding, can't wait for the nooboo!

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »
I thought he look a little pale in the last picture :P
Congrats on the wedding, can't wait for the nooboo!
Awww, you just reminded me of something.  I should have made morning surprised that he was a vampire!  Oh, and by the way, I'm going to give a hint on what the nooboo's name will be, it will be... unique.  I bet nobody can guess it! :)  It is something to do with light though, as that's the naming theme of the legacy, but, theres a certain way I'm going to name them.  In a certain order, I hope that I didn't just give to much away.
Coocoos current story:

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 04:52:08 PM »
Fljotavik?

Well, he does love light. :P Come on, it was a good guess!!

Great update! I love Morning's craziness! I think she could give an insane sim a run for their money. (And I mean that in a good way) ;)

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »
Fljotavik?

Well, he does love light. :P Come on, it was a good guess!!

Great update! I love Morning's craziness! I think she could give an insane sim a run for their money. (And I mean that in a good way) ;)
Thanks!  I don't really know how I came up with the idea for Mornings personality, I just knew that I wanted to make her and me almost like exact opposites.  Of course, actually, I think it might have been that glass bathroom I built that drove her crazy.  Oh my gosh!  I just realized it when I woke up from a "nap". (Can you believe that?  I'm not even 14 yet and taking naps! geesh, but I stay up more, hence, more naps, annnnd I'm getting off topic sooo) I realized that I forgot to change what the title of the thread says!  Sometimes I think I might have just a touch of the absent minded trait myself, in some things at least. ::)
Coocoos current story:

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
Re: The Light Legacy: A Proposal and a Wedding
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 02:48:01 AM »
Ok, sorry for double posting, and telling you something new about the story without making it a full update, but this isn't going to be included in the actual story because I can't find a good way to incorporate it into the story and Benjamin can't ever seem to find a good time to do it, but when I looked in the relationshiip panel, he had a romantic interest!  I didn't even do it!  Then, he got the cheater reputation when I sent him to her house to ask her to be friends.  I suppose this will be ok, as long as I keep Morning and that other girl apart and make sure that Benjamin doesn't admit to cheating out of free will I should be ok.  Story progression can be mean sometimes. >:(
Coocoos current story:

loveSims

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 04:18:50 AM »
If he have enough lifetime reward points, you can buy him clean slate. ;)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 05:48:30 AM »
Isn't that because he already has a romantic interest at the start of the game or something? :-\

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 03:12:03 PM »
Isn't that because he already has a romantic interest at the start of the game or something? :-\
Oh!  Uhhhh, errrr... Geesh I must not play the pre made familys enough!  Ok, Benjamin is going to be completing a lot of wishes lately.
Coocoos current story:

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 03:53:07 PM »
Oh!  Uhhhh, errrr... Geesh I must not play the pre made familys enough!  Ok, Benjamin is going to be completing a lot of wishes lately.

Just look them up on Sims Wiki next time and it tells you if they have any romantic interests and other things you should know. :)

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 09:10:03 PM »
What town are you in? I love the story so far!

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »
What town are you in? I love the story so far!
I'm in Appalosa Plains. :)  One of my favorite towns.  Oh, and thanks!  I'm having some technical issues right now.  And by technical issues, I mean I was being sleepy and stupid and closed the launcher while I was trying to download something off of the exchange.  Which I don't do much.  ( I'm wary of it since th first time I downloaded something off there it came packed full with custom content.)  So now, I tried uninstalling all of my expansion packs but haven't uninstalled sims 3 yet.  I thought that it would be ok if I just uninstalled those,  Don't Worry!  The light legacy is backed up!   But now it says that my version of generations isn't compatable with the newer version of sims 3 or something like that.  Ugh,  this teaches me a lesson though: Never download anything[/b ]while sleepy again!
Coocoos current story:

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 06:53:41 AM »
Why did you have to do a reinstall? If my computer ever borks out while downloading something, nothing happens. I just have to redownload. Make sure you're installing everything in the right order they were released and that you patch everything up as well - that message only comes up if these things haven't been done. :)

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 07:10:44 AM »
Why did you have to do a reinstall? If my computer ever borks out while downloading something, nothing happens. I just have to redownload. Make sure you're installing everything in the right order they were released and that you patch everything up as well - that message only comes up if these things haven't been done. :)
Oh, well, um, I kind of already did it. :-[  Hehe. But It's working fine now.  Everythings working well, and the Legacy is still there because it was backed up, and I might not be playing my legacy for a possibly 1-3 days because I've been at my dad's house for 2 days and will soon have to go for 2 weeks, they don't have internet over there and I don't have a laptop, so no simming or updating! They also don't have cable TV, and my grandma always gets me books that are either too young for my age or readers digest, so I suffer a lot from sim deprivation.  But it's all working fine now.
Coocoos current story:

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 07:15:18 AM »
Aww ok, well that's good to hear!

anything