Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 161161 times)

Offline Delgar

• Townie
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2010, 06:01:25 AM »
Metro my problem was not being able to buy or sell anything period after starting a game in Sunset Valley (I like to do all my challenges in Sunset because I'm most familiar with where stuff is).

Got home from vacation today and fired up my test character for the da Vinci Challenge. The starting consignment shop character I believe was Cornelia Goth. But, I believe people have been saying that their problems started after a switch was made and sure enough, Cornelia had a baby and was replaced by Christopher Steel and that seems to be when the well ran dry. At 5 PM — absolutely no sales at all. But, the good news is at least the "fix" is simple enough — canceling all existing consignments and then consigning again did the trick.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2010, 07:18:12 AM »
Metro my problem was not being able to buy or sell anything period after starting a game in Sunset Valley (I like to do all my challenges in Sunset because I'm most familiar with where stuff is).

Did you ever get your issue resolved, Delgar? By the way, I like SV probably the best now as well. The empty lot across from the consignment shop is my new favorite location since it's so close for quick sales.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2010, 07:57:19 AM »
Not yet. I started a new game in twinbrook to see if my issue is just sunset valley, but I haven't had a chance to consign something yet.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2010, 10:04:04 AM »
Delgar, I've also had this problem.  In a pre-existing game, the cash register at the Consignment Store never worked.  In the Random Wishmaster challenge I'm currently playing, it was working and then it stopped.  None of my sims' stuff has been sold for several days now, and they can't buy anything either.  Both games are in Sunset Valley.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
I had actually just started a new game in sunset valley to test out some ambitions stuff before failing miserably at the random wishmasters challenge, and I was unable to buy or sell anything at the store from the begining. I'll see if my twinbrook is bugged as well, hopefully this is all resolved before I start the Da Vinci challenge. :)

Delgar, I've also had this problem.  In a pre-existing game, the cash register at the Consignment Store never worked.  In the Random Wishmaster challenge I'm currently playing, it was working and then it stopped.  None of my sims' stuff has been sold for several days now, and they can't buy anything either.  Both games are in Sunset Valley.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2010, 11:01:51 AM »
...hopefully this is all resolved before I start the Da Vinchi challenge. :)

If EA does not release a patch soon to fix the consignment shop bugs, then I may flip flop da Vinci and Alphabetical Heartbreaker in the schedule.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
Just chiming in to note that one of my existing games in SV works fine with the new consignment shop, so it's not a universal bug (it rarely is, which is why it's such a pain to fix). But I'm not using sales toward a career, either.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Well it seems to be working fine in my new game in twinbrook. It's all very strange. :(

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »
I have a quick question, can teens consign? I sent my teen down to put some of her paintings up and she couldn't and I want to know if it the bug or is it because she is a teen. Thanks!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2010, 09:32:57 AM »
I am totally fed up with this stupid consignment store.  It's a great idea - too bad it doesn't work.

Following Metro's suggestion, when the register at the store stopped working I cancelled all the consignments my Wishmaster sims had at the store.  Couldn't re-consign them as the cash register still doesn't work.  Now the sculptures are stuck in my sim's personal inventory and I can't figure out how to get them out.  Does anyone know how I can get those items out to sell them?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2010, 10:00:55 AM »
I am totally fed up with this stupid consignment store.  It's a great idea - too bad it doesn't work.

Following Metro's suggestion, when the register at the store stopped working I cancelled all the consignments my Wishmaster sims had at the store.  Couldn't re-consign them as the cash register still doesn't work.  Now the sculptures are stuck in my sim's personal inventory and I can't figure out how to get them out.  Does anyone know how I can get those items out to sell them?

They're in personal inventory and not family inventory? That's weird. You can't just drag them to sell? This is infuriating. I was griping to Pam last night about the whole consignment store botched job. I'm going to swap the da Vinci and Alphabetical Heartbreaker challenges right now in the schedule given EA's track record of releasing timely patches. :(

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »
They're in personal inventory and not family inventory? That's weird. You can't just drag them to sell? This is infuriating.

Yes, yes, and yes to all of the above!  Unless someone can suggest a way to get the **** things out of my sim's personal inventory, it appears they'll be there forever.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2010, 12:17:16 PM »
Yes, yes, and yes to all of the above!  Unless someone can suggest a way to get the **** things out of my sim's personal inventory, it appears they'll be there forever.

If there's a cheat to remove them I would be open to that remedy.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »
Thanks Tom.  It's the waste of all those simmy hours that rankles, especially in a challenge.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2010, 02:08:16 PM »
Thanks Tom.  It's the waste of all those simmy hours that rankles, especially in a challenge.

I know it and feel bad for you. :( Keep your chin up. :)

anything